Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,781 members, 7,831,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Western Nigeria Development And News Thread - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Western Nigeria Development And News Thread (42726 Views)

Eastern Nigeria Development Commission (ENDC)projects / Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures / Map Of South Western Nigeria Showing 61 Locations Of Fulani Settlements In West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 5:58pm On Aug 07, 2021
BON Hotel, Ado-ekiti

Foreign investment by BON Hotel Group (South Africa).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by hatakekakashi: 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
Tonim:

We like to see development from the private sector as well, not just ongoing or finished government projects.
Yeah you're right but the government should also compliment the private sector too.

Great job you guys are doing

2 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Frenchkiss564: 7:36pm On Aug 07, 2021
Tonim:

You are right. See link below

http://craneburg.com/blog-post/craneburg-awarded-araromi-lekki-dual-carriageway-contract/

When you connect land, you build prosperity.

3 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Basic123: 7:49pm On Aug 07, 2021
kevapet:
Politics people will soon come here and say Seyi is not doing anything. This Eleyele was left a reservoir even though was originally planned to be a dam for so many years now, it became a pit for dead bodies of rival cult groups and its banks venue for hemp smokers meeting. But today Eleyele is now a dam it was originally made for and this is the other side made a waterpark. The house on the tree, the long walk bridge on the water all in the park. You'll love it there. Late Ajimobi laid a very good foundation for a modern IB and Seyi isn't sleeping on that. He's not doing well security-wise though.
I agree with this.Ajimobi laid the foundation and Seyi is following i.I am impressed with seyi makinde so far
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 2:47pm On Aug 08, 2021
Picture showing Ogun Governor Dapo Abiodun commissioning 100 vehicles & 200 motorcycles for the police in the state capital, Abeokuta.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2021
Olusegun Osoba Press Center, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta. Commissioned by Gov Abiodun

This is within the Government house premises.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by yean1(m): 3:14pm On Aug 08, 2021
Good
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 3:41pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tonim:
BON Hotel, Ado-ekiti

Foreign investment by BON Hotel Group (South Africa).

The BON Hotel Group also plans on building one of its hotels in Akure, Ondo State. It should be completed in 2021/2022

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 3:47pm On Aug 08, 2021
Frenchkiss564:

When you connect land, you build prosperity.

God bless you for your wisdom!

I hope the project is completed before the end of the Governor’s tenure.
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Sergio101(m): 3:54pm On Aug 08, 2021
Nice thread.
Greetings y'all kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Frenchkiss564: 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tonim:

Amen, God bless you too.

I pray this road is completed and not remain abandoned like the ogun / osun road initiated by aregbesola. The road would have shortened the distance between osun and ogun state to less than an hour.

Part of the reasons for the exponential rise in China gdp per capital is the Chinese communist party commitment to building infrastructures that link cities, towns and villages.

It increases labor mobility acting as catalyst for economic development.

2 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Classicool(m): 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2021
There is need to make Odua Group to function well and not just be sharing money and selling bonds. And it's high time SW governors charge the company with an agenda. How can they mismanage the western region properties from 21 to 5 and no one is saying anything.

3 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 8:55pm On Aug 08, 2021
Royal Mandarin Chinese Restaurant, Kuto, Abeokuta

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 9:42pm On Aug 08, 2021
Domino’s Pizza, Akure Mall, Akure.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by kevapet: 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tonim:

Oyo govt facilitates Air Peace Ibadan-Abuja flight

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/oyo-govt-facilitates-air-peace-flights-to-ibadan-airport/

The airline, in a confirmation notice said to have been issued to authorities of Ibadan Airport, said that it will commence flight operations from Abuja to Ibadan and back starting from August 16, 2021.

“Air Peace Airlines is commencing operations into Ibadan on the 16th of August. It will run Abuja to Ibadan and back,” the notice read.”
I think OYSG will eventually be forced to ask the FG to leave Ibadan airport in its care. OYSG wants the airport renovated and rebuilt to mordern standard but FG is playing deaf and dumb to that. You should always use our very own Overland airways anyway. We need to be more conservative as we can't afford to be stupid even in 2021.

3 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by kevapet: 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tonim:

It will be completed whichever way. It's NDDC financed.
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by kevapet: 10:33pm On Aug 08, 2021
Frenchkiss564:

Amen, God bless you too.

I pray this road is completed and not remain abandoned like the ogun / osun road initiated by aregbesola. The road would have shortened the distance between osun and ogun state to less than an hour.

Part of the reasons for the exponential rise in China gdp per capital is the Chinese communist party commitment to building infrastructures that link cities, towns and villages.

It increases labor mobility acting as catalyst for economic development.
The project wasn't abandoned by Aregbe, it was Ogun that didn't fulfil their part. It was DAWN Commission food supply initiative. The plan was for the state govts to build roads that link towns/villages that majorly produce foods to major cities[market]. Every other states built theirs except Ogun. Aregbe built that Ikoyi road in that regards.

1 Like

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by kevapet: 10:37pm On Aug 08, 2021
Classicool:
There is need to make Odua Group to function well and not just be sharing money and selling bonds. And it's high time SW governors charge the company with an agenda. How can they mismanage the western region properties from 21 to 5 and no one is saying anything.
Odua group is working though if you ask me. Plenty room for improvement anyway.

1 Like

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by theTranscriber: 10:39pm On Aug 08, 2021
Sergio101:
Nice thread. Greetings y'all kiss
get outta
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Sergio101(m): 11:12pm On Aug 08, 2021
theTranscriber:
get outta
You don't want peace bah??
Don't pull this table ooh.
Ndi shout waste yolobawa miscreants cheesy
Nice thread though
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Frenchkiss564: 3:10am On Aug 09, 2021
kevapet:
The project wasn't abandoned by Aregbe, it was Ogun that didn't fulfil their part. It was DAWN Commission food supply initiative. The plan was for the state govts to build roads that link towns/villages that majorly produce foods to major cities[market]. Every other states built theirs except Ogun. Aregbe built that Ikoyi road in that regards.

Thanks for setting the record straight
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Classicool(m): 8:26am On Aug 09, 2021
kevapet:
Odua group is working though if you ask me. Plenty room for improvement anyway.

If they can just work on the sports aspect and theatre(creative industry) business they will be able to generate billions of naira and get those sectors to develop by first allowing local investors to invest and they should make it community base(build it from grassroots) and they can get wema bank to provide the funds. Just some little packaging and organisation needed but over the years leaders of the group just focus on real estate and banking. What keep economic and business of a socio~space flowing is entertainment which is lacking and I think only Lagos is trying in these aspects. If they can work on these two sectors in the next 10years you'll see that unemployment will reduce dramatically.
Also they need to bring our tertiary institutions together for innovations and IT. It's high time we look in ward and make the money flow from the grassroot and stop looking for foreign investors up and down. If we keep looking for foreign investors it will aid economic inflation further and the greatest resource is human resources which is underutilized in Nigeria as whole.

1 Like

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Classicool(m): 8:34am On Aug 09, 2021
kevapet:
I think OYSG will eventually be forced to ask the FG to leave Ibadan airport in its care. OYSG wants the airport renovated and rebuilt to mordern standard but FG is playing deaf and dumb to that. You should always use our very own Overland airways anyway. We need to be more conservative as we can't afford to be stupid even in 2021.
There is need to build aerodrome in most of major cities across southwest for future purposes and it will enhance our HDI, innovation and investment chances too. And I think it is more realistic than proposed mono rail projects for now and get planes in the class of Douglas DC 3 we can even advance it to suit our society dimensions.
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 10:44am On Aug 10, 2021
Classicool:

Imagine Odua Group paying a paltry 364 million naira as dividend for FY 2020. That is less than
US$900,000 for all SW states!

I know they once invested heavily in oduatel when gsm was launched. Big time loss. They need to refocus badly.

https://oduainvestment.com.ng/odua-investment-grows-pat-by-11-5-in-fy2020-approves-n364mn-dividend-payment-to-shareholders/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 10, 2021
Looks like it’s only Hotels in Yorubaland.
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by theInterpreter: 11:20am On Aug 10, 2021
kmcutez:
Looks like it’s only Hotels in Yorubaland.
read from the beginning
stop being a fool

3 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 10, 2021
theInterpreter:
read from the beginning
stop being a fool

Kiss the truth.

1 Like

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by theInterpreter: 11:44am On Aug 10, 2021
kmcutez:

Kiss the truth.
leave here stop being a nuisance I won't reply you

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 10, 2021
theInterpreter:
leave here
stop being a nuisance
I won't reply you

Kiss the truth. kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply)

Nigerians Cry Out Over High Cost Of Cooking Gas / Senate President Saraki's Official Potrait ( Photo) / Buhari Arriving At The Waterkloof Airforce Base For AU Summit (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.