Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Western Nigeria Development And News Thread - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Western Nigeria Development And News Thread (42133 Views)

Eastern Nigeria Development Commission (ENDC)projects / Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures / Map Of South Western Nigeria Showing 61 Locations Of Fulani Settlements In West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 9:22am On Jul 16, 2021
Toll road linking Ijebu Ode-Itamapako (Ogun) and Epe (Lagos)

The 8 lane expressway was Started in Feb 2020 and completed by Gov Abiodun of Ogun state.

The Epe to Lekki portion of the expressway is currently being bulit by the Lagos state govt.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 9:25am On Jul 16, 2021
Abeokuta Golf Club, Oke mosan

3 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 9:26am On Jul 16, 2021
Palms Mall, Ota, Ogun state.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 9:28am On Jul 16, 2021
Abeokuta at Night

3 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 9:31am On Jul 16, 2021
Abeokuta

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 9:57am On Jul 16, 2021
Conference Hotel, Oke Mosan, Abeokuta

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 10:04am On Jul 16, 2021
kevapet:
GTB recently commissioned a building(8 storey) in Ibara, Abeokuta which they named Tayos' plaza named after one of the founder who's now late. Every new staff of GTB must go through Tayos plaza as that's where training for new staffs will take place henceforth. I just love the fact that Agbaje honoured late Tayo and that unlike others he refuse to sit such eddifice in Lagos. If all our businesses(Yoruba owned) continue like this, there will be even development across Yorubaland. This is why i pray day and night that we(Yoruba) will be able to acquire Union Bank. There's one of this their eddifice in Dugbe, Ibadan that must not rot. And shout out to Elizade C.E.O, he's got massive investment at home(Golf resort, Uni just to mention a few). That's how it should be. Even development, at least don't just sit everything in Lagos.

Here are pictures of the Tayo’s Plaza GTB building, Abeokuta

5 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2021
Gateway City Gate, Shagamu Interchange.

Under construction by Gov Dapo Abiodun of Ogun state

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by BSsniffer: 5:20pm On Jul 17, 2021
Infrastructural development is great. But I think south west leaders should focus more on human development. The south west needs an education system that trains youths in skills that are relevant in the 21st century. People build societies.

7 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by temitope27(m): 5:25pm On Jul 17, 2021
Igboid:

What are they producing here?
cotton thread
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2021
Kapeter:
Ya'll can contribute too anyway.

One would have thought that the DAWN Commission would be the Intelligence arm of Ilana Omo Oodua and help motherland gain her independence from the fast sinking ship called Nigeria, but alas! We are all arranging tables and chairs on the deck of the sinking Titanic.

What exactly has DAWN COMMISSION done to stop the wanton killings of our people and halt the uncontrolled ingress of Fulani militia into Yorubaland?

How many drones does DAWN COMMISSION have to carry out surveillance of the borders and territory of Homeland?

After creating Amotekun, they went to sleep. One would have thought that they would design and facilitate the training of the security outfit but that hasn't been the case.

The Buhari government sent foreign interlopers, murderers speaking French to Sunday Igboho's residence. Two innocent men were killed. Their bodies dumped only God knows where, 11 innocent people were abducted and yet, DAWN COMMISSION is mute.

Would it be too much to ask DAWN COMMISSION to reconstitute itself to become the like the US CIA for Yorubaland?

Is it that we don't have the manpower, the brainpower or the willpower? Which is it?

Is DAWN COMMISSION working for Yoruba politicians or working to secure and develop Homeland?

I understand that if there are secret maneuvers being undertaken, it won't be spilled here, but I seriously doubt that that is the case.

We are all scared of the fragile old man living in the rock somewhere in Abuja.

I understand the fear. But I believe DAWN should do better...CAN do better.

Development agenda...true development can only come when the people are secured. Right?

One would think that DAWN would look into the serious allegations made by Dr Obadiah Mailafia last year that made the federal government to start hunting, haunting and hounding him.

Because if what he said is true, (and from the way things are shaping up in Nigeria this year, his words appear right on the mark), then we are all screwed... for real.

2 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by kevapet: 10:56pm On Jul 17, 2021
Tonim:

Here are pictures of the Tayo’s Plaza GTB building, Abeokuta
You are doing wonders on this thread. Keep it up. Thanks for the pictures.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 3:09pm On Jul 18, 2021
Ilaji Hotel and Sports Resort, Akanran, Ibadan

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 3:15pm On Jul 18, 2021
Ilaji Hotel and Sports Resort, Akanran, Ibadan.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2021
Love this picture from @ walefresh3

God bless the Yorubas kiss

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 6:11pm On Jul 18, 2021
Eleyele Waterfront, Eleyele, Ibadan.

Ibadanites do boat rides here for leisure.

The Oyo state govt has entered into a Public Private Partnership to develop an adventure park along the waterfront.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by kevapet: 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2021
Tonim:
Ilaji Hotel and Sports Resort, Akanran, Ibadan
I was just gonna write about this resort.

1 Like

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by kevapet: 9:16pm On Jul 18, 2021
Tonim:

The Oyo state govt has entered into a Public Private Partnership to develop an adventure park along the waterfront.
Politics people will soon come here and say Seyi is not doing anything. This Eleyele was left a reservoir even though was originally planned to be a dam for so many years now, it became a pit for dead bodies of rival cult groups and its banks venue for hemp smokers meeting. But today Eleyele is now a dam it was originally made for and this is the other side made a waterpark. The house on the tree, the long walk bridge on the water all in the park. You'll love it there. Late Ajimobi laid a very good foundation for a modern IB and Seyi isn't sleeping on that. He's not doing well security-wise though.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by kevapet: 9:36pm On Jul 18, 2021
Ogun state is a disgrace. A big one at that. Osun state that doesnt even generate half of what Ogun gets monthly can boast of more good roads than Ogun.

Ogun state have the worst road in the whole of SW if not the whole of Nigeria self.

The only good thing about Ogun state is that the state is unarguably better in HDI than every other SW states other than Lagos. I think other SW states should emulate the state on that one. I commend Ogun state indigenes on that. If other Western Nigeria states can improve on their HDI, sky will sure be our starting point as the abroad of Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by kevapet: 10:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
Tonim:
Ilaji Hotel and Sports Resort, Akanran, Ibadan.
This resort just hosted 'Ibadan 2020' The 2nd edition of African minifootball cup which was won by Egypt with Libya(host of 1st edition) as the runner-up, Ivory coast and Ghana distinct 3rd and 4th respectively.

The competition is hosted by African minifootball federation and was originally scheduled for last year but couldn't hold due to the pandemic. 16 African teams were expected to partake in the tourney but due to restrictions in many countries, only 8 made it to Ibadan.

Same resort hosted the WBF super featherweight fight between our very own Yoruba son Ridwan Oyekola and Argentine Lucas Matias Montesino last December(27th precisely). Our very own Ridwan won the fight and still have the bet till today.

Ilaji Hotel and resort is owned by Dr (Chief) Dotun Sanusi.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Arnold1(m): 10:29am On Jul 20, 2021
Tonim:

Wow shocked

This beautiful water in Ibadan; it is breathtaking.

I hope the Governor can come through with the planned adventure park.

Thank you Tonim. Wonderful picture!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 1:44am On Jul 22, 2021
The Metropolis Restaurant & Grill, New GRA, Ibadan.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Nisiw365: 6:27am On Jul 22, 2021
Tonim:
The Metropolis Restaurant & Grill, New GRA, Ibadan.
Where is new gra ?
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by ProudImolite: 7:29am On Jul 22, 2021
Kapeter:
I have so many news to share. But time na the wahala and also my phone is bad for now. So many developmental project going on across Yorubaland. Anyway, we are getting Shoprite for sure in addition to our very own Justrite and the rally today was a success. Huge one at that.
Seems like a way to scam your yoruba brethren already
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by ProudImolite: 7:36am On Jul 22, 2021
OneTemplate:

Yorubas are by far the biggest and most humble achievers in Nigeria. The revelations on this thread will only shock our ignorant chest-beating "developer" Brothers always obsessed with comparing d1cks with Yoruba rather than humbly trying to learn from a people far ahead of them and far more factually successful beyond empty noise.

Yet it won't shock others, especially Northerners, who know what Yorubas really are and the fact that they are by far the biggest and most productive component part of Nigeria.

http://www.persianasgroup.com/about-us/

You keep calling Igbos your brothers why? Then you throw subtle shades and insults at them why? You are talking of your achievements but then you are denigrating Igbos why? A sincere yoruba person should answer these

1 Like

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by ProudImolite: 7:53am On Jul 22, 2021
jrjfjfj:
MAKE YORUBALAND GREAT AGAIN
Was it ever great?
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by ProudImolite: 8:02am On Jul 22, 2021
jrjfjfj:
But about the diversification of Yorubaland ,What do you think is feasible and can generate foreign exchange into Yorubaland ,apart from oil,ports and Cocoa exports
Yoruba get oil? For where? Hope you are not talking about Ijaw oil
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by ProudImolite: 8:15am On Jul 22, 2021
boogietrends:
Lagos Smart City Project cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIvTajoNVHc

When a country within a country goes shopping smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsI_J7YsbXw
Na Igbo man dey even do PR for una sef
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by ProudImolite: 8:24am On Jul 22, 2021
jrjfjfj:
IBADAN 2030 cheesy
Carry am go 3090
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by ProudImolite: 8:26am On Jul 22, 2021
Ibadanpikin:
Most of the pictures are well edited,i know many of those places,the are not as beautiful in reality as u people are posting.
grin grin grin grin ;DIt is not even beautiful here on nairaland
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by ProudImolite: 8:29am On Jul 22, 2021
walefresh3:
[b][/b]Tribute To The Yoruba
by Reno Omokri

People often assume the Yoruba are so successful as an ethnic nationality due to their thirst for education, and how it has penetrated down even amongst their remotest rural communities. But study them. Their culture of respect opens doors for them that even education cannot open. Diplomacy gives them supremacy.

And their culture is often mistaken for what it is not by others who do not understand them as a people. What some people ignorantly call cowardice, or sycophancy, is stooping to conquer. It is both a military and diplomatic strategy.

This is what Scripture meant in 2 Corinthians 10:4 “The weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty”. Wisdom, courtesy, diplomacy, and praise are all weapons. A weapon is anything you can use to achieve your strategic objective. It does not always have to be a physically offensive weapon.

But are the Yorubas even cowards, as some people accuse them to be? Well, let us let the facts speak for themselves.

In the history of Nigeria, only two men have returned to Nigeria to face almost certain death even when they had the option of a very comfortable political asylum abroad. Both of them are Yoruba. In 1985, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida toppled the Buhari regime while Major General Tunde Idiagbon (mixed Yoruba/Fulani) was at Mecca yet Idiagbon returned.

In 1995, Olusegun Obasanjo (pure Owu Yoruba) was accused of planning a coup by the blood thirsty tyrant, Abacha (if you do not like that truthful description of Abacha or if you believe that 'Abacha did not loot', you can go and join him where he is) while he was away in Copenaghen.
He was informed by the then US Ambassador, Walter Carrington, that Abacha meant to arrest, try and execute him, and was offered political asylum in the United States.

He returned to face almost certain death.

What more example of bravery can there be than these two shining ones.

Furthermore, there is the apocryphal example of Colonel Francis Adekunle Fajuyi who chose to die with the then Head of State, Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi, rather than abandon his guest, which he was at liberty to do.

In addition to the above, in my opinion, they are the least likely to maintain and retain their cultural values, when it clashes with other cultures.

I love how they retain their full culture when they travel abroad. It is a rarity amongst Africans. When you visit London, you may be confused if you think Yoruba is the only African language in existence.

A Yoruba man can enter a quiet bus and receive a phone call and speak in Yoruba, and won’t feel embarrassed. And I am not referring to a Johnny Just Come. I am referring to second generation Yorubas who were born and brought up in England,

I have been traveling the world from childhood, yet I have not encountered people doing that with much wider [/b]spoken African languages, such as Swahili and Hausa.

They may speak it privately in their homes abroad. but not publicly, and even if they do, it is not to the extent of the Yoruba.

It has gotten to the extent that the Metropolitan Police now recruit Yoruba speaking Constables, and Harrods now employ Yoruba speaking cashiers. Oh please do not just take my words at face value. Fact check me.

Go to Houston on a Sunday, you will see Yoruba people everywhere in their native wears, adire, plus abeti aja and eleti aja.

[b]Here in California, other Africans now draw crowd to their parties by saying ‘the Nigerians will be there.’

This will annoy other tribes, including mine, however, when foreigners talk about how cool Nigerians are, they are usually referring to Yorubas.

Take it or leave it, but the Yoruba are the most progressive Black people on the face of planet Earth.

They produced the first Black African Nobel laureate for an academic category (Wole Soyinka), and the first Black African military ruler to have voluntarily handed over to a civilian President (Olusegun Obasanjo), and the first Nigerian to win a Grammy Award (Sade Adu) as well as the first person born and bred in Africa to have won a Pulitzer Prize (Dele Olojede).

The reason why Yorubas are the biggest music stars of Nigerian origin is because they are unabashedly Yoruba. They do not try to sing or act like Westerners. They are very in-your-face with their Yoruba-ness. And when people like themselves to such a high degree, others tend to join them in liking them.

There are an estimated 15 Black billionaires on Planet Earth. Three of them are Yoruba. More than any ethnic nationality in Africa.

US President, Joe Biden, named a Yoruba man, Adewale Adeyemo, as deputy Treasury Secretary. This is the highest position to which a Black African has been appointed (not elected) in US history. Another Yoruba man, Dr. Oluyinka Olutoye, became the first person on Earth to successfully perform a surgery by taking out an unborn fetus from its mother’s womb and putting it back after the surgery.

77% of all Black doctors in America, and a very large percentage of these are Yoruba.

I commend the Edekiri people (the real name of the Yoruba). You guys are oni te si iwaju.

#TableShaker #RenosNuggets

Reno Omokri

Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Hollywood Magazine Film Festival Humanitarian of the Year, 2019.
Who wrote this obvious trash?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply)

We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady / President Buhari Nominates Kingsley Obiorah As CBN Deputy Governor / Bosun Tijani apologises to senators for calling them ‘morons’ in a 2021 tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.