Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,878 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria (19136 Views)

Shekau Vows To Attack Emir Sanusi Of Kano Over Self-Defense Advice / Protest In Kano Over Detained Chad-bound Russian Aircraft / PHOTOS: Vice President Namadi Sambo Visits Kano Over Terror Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by vladimiros: 12:02am On Apr 19, 2011
can`t wait when south nigeria separates from North

just can`t fucking wait

then they(north) can kill themselves as they wish, and i won`t be bothered
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by MeAboki(m): 12:06am On Apr 19, 2011
fuke:

@posters.

There is a big problem in kano.

My son who works with a big conglomerate has  just found his way to army barracks.

Please pray for him

I can assure you nothing will happen to him, because Kano is quite calm and things will get back to normal Insha Allah. No need to panic or exaggerate any further.

ibibiogrl:

@ Stagger   The Country is already neatly divided by the river Niger, it was previously 2 separate countries until 1914.

True, but that would be bad news for your friend and ally (wannabe Southerner) edoyad from Nok in the middle belt, who happens live in southern Kaduna. You would be doing him a big disfavour since you would not be carrying him along, if the country were to separate along the lines you mentioned - I really would hate to see him stranded in noman's land cool lipsrsealed
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by sledge406: 2:15am On Apr 19, 2011
Me_Aboki:

If you live in Kano, please verify where these incidences took place otherwise do not spread untruth; as for the torched houses of Kano political leaders earlier mentioned, these are immovable properties that can be easily confirmed.

I therefore challenge to prove your allegation or otherwise STFU. There violence is not against any tribe or particular set of people in the country; but simply against PDP and the corruption that goes with the party - the last time I checked, PDP happens to be a national party with membership all over the country. So how can the riots against perceived rigging by PDP be construed in a tribal/North vs South perspective really beats me. shocked

Your wish along with your ilk of the same mindset who only wish to propagate hatred and mistrust among Nigerians will not succeed by God's grace.

FYI, Kano people are more politically sophisticated than your ethnocentric prism will allow you objectively perceive them; if in doubt check their political history and voting pattern till date. angry sad
You this spokesman, yes, the properties are immovable and true, the properties of so many elites (I'm sure ALL are PDP members) were destroyed but you failed to mention the shops and business belonging to the ordinary man there in the streets which were looted. Are they for the elites too? And you said the violence wasn't against tribe nor religion?

How come all of a sudden you people realise the PDP are corrupt? Hypocrites of the highest order. You guy were used to shoot Yaradua into power in 2007 and were getting ready to do same again for him in 2011, isn't it? I wonder if Yaradua was alive maybe Buhari would have had this much love and people would have seen him as a Messiah. So far, I have been able to see sentiments becloud your sense of reasoning and judgement and you stink of bias.

PDP are crooks and I have been saying same but do you know ACN are crooks so also is the APGA and moreso the CPC which is even worse and devilish than all others. (All they need is time) I guess Buhari has confirmed this to be his last run, isn't it? Now let me see how far CPC will go in Nigeria afterall it was built and circled around Buhari and just like ANPP, it is going to be a past tense. Make una do well for Governorship elections sha. That way, we'll still hear of CPC.

Lastly, about PDP members and rulers as target, I'm yet to see pictures of Turai weeping after her properties destroyed. Aliero, wasn't he a PDP member and served as FCT Minister under PDP? Modibo? Bala Mohammed? Sanusi? El-Rufai? IBB? Atiku? Meanwhile talking about corrupt, you must be among the lot that claim SANI ABACHA was NEVER corrupt. So what credible business has Mohammed Abacha done to have so much wealth? He walks tall and nothing happened to his property nor his life.

Fact is most of those uneducated fools causing mayhem were bought and I've realised it is all about the money and when orders are given, there belle go face. Wait till after the governorship elections, most of you will see your ears with your eyes without a mirror. Claiming to be enlightened but still being pushed around by the new set of elites.

What you guys need is education but then it is there and you have openly refused it.

I expect some sweet talks from you but please try to answer those questions before coming up with any excuse. Try and brainwash me with your sensible answers.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by cap28: 4:29am On Apr 19, 2011
apparently pdp left no stone unturned in order to get the result they wanted:

by SaharaReporters, New York
Correspondents and sources from different parts of Nigeria have disclosed to SaharaReporters that the ruling People’s Democratic Party is having a field day rigging today’s presidential polls.

“The PDP has used huge amounts of cash to buy the police, soldiers, officials of INEC and even other parties’ agents,” said one of our sources, a US-based attorney who traveled to Anambra State to observe the elections.
In Lagos State and most of the southwest states, the ruling party has been granted a free pass by ACN leader, Bola Tinubu, to rig the polls. Mr. Tinubu struck a deal with the Jonathan-Sambo team to help the PDP ticket win the votes it needs to carry the day.

In Kaduna, the PDP has moved in with stupendous cash to avert certain electoral embarrassment for Vice President Sambo. Mr. Sambo could not deliver his ward last week, leading to great panic on the part of the Jonathan-Sambo ticket.

One source said the ruling party this morning distributed N1.9 billion to electoral returning officers, security agents, and agents for other parties. A PDP source disclosed that the party had budgeted N3 billion per state for the purpose of stealing votes.

In Kaduna, the responsibility for disbursing the party’s largess was left in the hands of Alhajis Hussaini Jallo, Muktar Yero (the deputy governor), Hamisu Mairago, and Lawal Ismail.

Several sources said Anambra had been turned into a free rigging field for the Jonathan ticket. “The police and army have cordoned off polling booths all over Anaocha local government area, and PDP members are thumb printing ballots which INEC officials then sign and drop in as votes,” said a source. He added that agents representing the other parties had been offered bribes that are several times higher than their payments – and most of them were collaborating in the rigging. “There’s no more hope for this country,” said the source.

Meanwhile, Mr. Jonathan, who authorized the widespread rigging, was hypocritically proclaiming that today’s voting was free and free, adding that he had not interfered with officials of INEC.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/messy-presidential-elections-jonathan%E2%80%99s-team-unleashes-rigging-spree
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by doctorT(m): 5:04am On Apr 19, 2011
It's all becoming glaring now that Nigeria is more than one nation.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by edoyad(m): 5:38am On Apr 19, 2011
Me_Aboki:

True, but that would be bad news for your friend and ally (wannabe Southerner) edoyad from Nok in the middle belt, who happens live in southern Kaduna. You would be doing him a big disfavour since you would not be carrying him along, if the country were to separate along the lines you mentioned - I really would hate to see him stranded in noman's land cool lipsrsealed

Erm Mr. Aboki, edoyad is actually jaba , nok people are jaba too. About that split, pls if the River Niger is what is going to used be i'm 100% in support of it. Right there in kaduna is also natural division between northern and southern kd called River kaduna.
Let's see how violent you'll be after the seperation ? Shay na the largesse wey FG de give you now make una think say you're comfortable ? Do you think places like Burkina-faso and Mali are quiet by choice ? You've not experienced hunger before that's why ?
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by basher(m): 11:52am On Apr 19, 2011
this****is*****a*****classc*****e*x*a*m*p*l*e*****of****biting*****the*****hand*****that*****feeds*****you!!!
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by sissyllettt(m): 12:12pm On Apr 19, 2011
i'd be glad if d coup is to stand so that we will have rest of mind.
Cos i'm tired and sick of hearing dis animals rioting every day
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Akosbaba(m): 2:59pm On Apr 19, 2011
Aye n sewon,won logun eje
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Pukkah: 5:46pm On Apr 19, 2011
doctorT:

It's all becoming glaring now that Nigeria is more than one nation.

Nigeria has never been one nation but we delude ourselves that we are one.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by money2ride: 9:40am On Apr 20, 2011
The stakeholders in the last post presidential election riots are fools because they have forgoten thata tree does not make a forest. When the northerners were wining election they probably thought the rest of us that refused to fight for our own contestants are fools. Days are gone when your riots meant anything in Nigeria. i only pity the people that lost properties and lives.
Life does not mean anything to a northern Muslim (I lived seven years in Maiduguri). In fact they would say they would cut someones head as if the person is a goat.
It is time they realise their actions are meaningless. but I am waiting for a day when our heads would tashi [/i]in the south too and we would kill their own people in retaliation, but which people, ram sellers,[i]me suyas, me ruwa and me guards. Probably if we too can kill their big men too like the professors they killed in kano etc. Even with all these the goats still do not value LIFE.

Southern Parents a word for you: let not your children be posted to the north for Service (NYSC) lest they be killed.

Imagine Buhari who wants to lead Nigeria again could not even go on air to tell his supporters to stop the riot until the riot had been quelled. medicine after death. A GOOD LEADER indeed. your days are gone. THEY HAVE DELIVERED YOUR MESSAGE. Thank God you are no more contesting. This is the last we would see of your Buhari incited RIOTS.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by MeAboki(m): 10:28am On Apr 20, 2011
sledge406:

You this spokesman, yes, the properties are immovable and true, the properties of so many elites (I'm sure ALL are PDP members) were destroyed but you failed to mention the shops and business belonging to the ordinary man there in the streets which were looted. Are they for the elites too? And you said the violence wasn't against tribe nor religion?

How come all of a sudden you people realise the PDP are corrupt? Hypocrites of the highest order. You guy were used to shoot Yaradua into power in 2007 and were getting ready to do same again for him in 2011, isn't it? I wonder if Yaradua was alive maybe Buhari would have had this much love and people would have seen him as a Messiah. So far, I have been able to see sentiments becloud your sense of reasoning and judgement and you stink of bias.

PDP are crooks and I have been saying same but do you know ACN are crooks so also is the APGA and moreso the CPC which is even worse and devilish than all others. (All they need is time) I guess Buhari has confirmed this to be his last run, isn't it? Now let me see how far CPC will go in Nigeria afterall it was built and circled around Buhari and just like ANPP, it is going to be a past tense. Make una do well for Governorship elections sha. That way, we'll still hear of CPC.

Lastly, about PDP members and rulers as target, I'm yet to see pictures of Turai weeping after her properties destroyed. Aliero, wasn't he a PDP member and served as FCT Minister under PDP? Modibo? Bala Mohammed? Sanusi? El-Rufai? IBB? Atiku? Meanwhile talking about corrupt, you must be among the lot that claim SANI ABACHA was NEVER corrupt. So what credible business has Mohammed Abacha done to have so much wealth? He walks tall and nothing happened to his property nor his life.

Fact is most of those uneducated fools causing mayhem were bought and I've realised it is all about the money and when orders are given, there belle go face. Wait till after the governorship elections, most of you will see your ears with your eyes without a mirror. Claiming to be enlightened but still being pushed around by the new set of elites.

What you guys need is education but then it is there and you have openly refused it.
you
I expect some sweet talks from you but please try to answer those questions before coming up with any excuse. Try and brainwash me with your sensible answers.

Please try to revise what you write before posting and save yourself the embarrassment of ridiculing.
For an alleged educated man you truly managed to prove your lack of intelligence and therefore grasp of the issue at hand.

My friend we are talking about the Kano riots and you are talking about houses belonging to Turai, Atiku, IBB, El Rufai and co; do these people live in Kano or is the thread not dedicated only to the riots in Kano? If in doubt, please check the heading; its a small issue of comprehension which unfortunately your so called education failed to transfer to you.

If you have evidence of looting and targeting of any set of people (other than by the random possibility expected in riotous situation) please provide it.
I maintain again that the rioting was a spontaneous expression of perceive rigging by the PDP and rejection of the inflated result figures (not necessarily of the final outcome that Jonathan won). The rioting was therefore purely political and NOT motivated by tribe or religion.

As for the issue of corruption, I am surprised at your implied acceptance of it (perhaps it is OK as long as it is by PDP/Jonathan, abi); surely shouldn't fighting of this evil be among your civic duty as a responsible citizen?

PDP and our past leaders (irrespective of tribe and religion) have brought us nothing but hunger in the mist of plenty, and how long do you suggest people should continue to tolerate it. Please answer educatedly.

Anyway, the people of Kano have spoken (though not in the correct manner) and their message is quite clear.

edoyad:

Erm Mr. Aboki, edoyad is actually jaba , nok people are jaba too. About that split, pls if the River Niger is what is going to used be i'm 100% in support of it. Right there in kaduna is also natural division between northern and southern kd called River kaduna.
Let's see how violent you'll be after the seperation ? Shay na the largesse wey FG de give you now make una think say you're comfortable ? Do you think places like Burkina-faso and Mali are quiet by choice ? You've not experienced hunger before that's why ?

No problem, at least we will still be together in the same nation sharing the same hunger and poverty like the Malians. You like? lipsrsealed
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by MeAboki(m): 10:42am On Apr 20, 2011
obxddon:

Christians and southerners in the north throw away that soft mind get your own charms,cutlass and guns, attack back, revenge is a must, its high time we let them know we are not weak,

Niger delta millitanst where are you, Cus I know that you guys did not submit all the real guns, lets take them up and head to the north, they must Pay and let them know we are not afriad of them , No be only them get strong heart!!!
[b]
YOU ARE VERY IRRESPONSIBLE! [/b]Did you know that what you just did is against the law and can be termed as incitement to cause public unrest, and similarly be charge as an accessory to murder should anyone be killed as a result of your actions?

I hope the moderators will take note angry angry
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by obxddon(m): 1:03pm On Apr 20, 2011
Me_Aboki:

[b]
YOU ARE VERY IRRESPONSIBLE! [/b]Did you know that what you just did is against the law and can be termed as incitement to cause public unrest, and similarly be charge as an accessory to murder should anyone be killed as a result of your actions?

I hope the moderators will take note angry angry

Bros its because you have not seen how these people act, wait until Friday,
Each time dey want to do their senseless thing it starts from the mosque, and because I asked my people to protect themselves and get ready to fight the attacker , you dey run your mouth, tell me from the days of jos riot to abuja october 1 bombing to the suleja bombings how many people have been brought to book.
Igbo men have lost a lot and u say all these because you have not lost any one or had any of your loved get hurt in all these, well I have and it makes me Mad, am sorry if you dont like my comments
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by ufot(m): 2:04pm On Apr 20, 2011
@NAMFAV

YOU ARE A FOOL AND YOU NEED TO GROW UP. ARE YOU EVEN EDUCATED. PEOPLE LIKE YOU SHOULD BE CRUSHED FROM NIGERIA. NIGERIA DOES NOT NEED YOU. f#&T
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by mrperfect(m): 2:43pm On Apr 20, 2011
Why this?
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by MeAboki(m): 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2011
obxddon:

Bros its because you have not seen how these people act, wait until Friday,
Each time dey want to do their senseless thing it starts from the mosque, and because I asked my people to protect themselves and get ready to fight the attacker , you dey run your mouth, tell me from the days of jos riot to abuja october 1 bombing to the suleja bombings how many people have been brought to book.
  Igbo men have lost a lot and u say all these because you have not lost any one or had any of your loved get hurt in all these, well I have and it makes me Mad, am sorry if you dont like my comments

Well thanks to people like you and your unguarded utterances, I just heard that fighting has re-erupted.

I suppose you are happy that it has now taken an ethnic dimension from its original cause - that's what you want and you have now got it, so let us just kill ourselves. angry sad
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by thetelz(m): 7:14am On Apr 21, 2011
What do you really get from illiteracy eh? All these mollars sef,that nigga buhari should come and calm his people o. He sef no get sense,na immediately election finish he start to dey shout say dem dey rig election. Msschew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike Donates N200 Million To Benue State For Medical & Relieve Materials (Photo / APC National Secretariat Sealed Again / Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.