Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal (19129 Views)

Jega, Onaiyekan To Buhari: Nigerians Battling With Double Sufferings / Buhari: Nigerians Will Mind Their Businesses If Infrastructure, Roads Are Fixed / Amaechi: Under Buhari, Nigerians Are Hungry, Poverty Is Growing — Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by dre11(m): 9:22am On Jan 06, 2022
I’ve been in all the troubles in the country, including being in detention for more than three years. I think Nigerians just make noise to get (a) better deal.”

Amid calls for secession and political restructuring over insecurity and poor governance, particularly from the South, President Muhammadu Buhari has described millions of Nigerians as noisemakers.

He asserted that he was not afraid that agitations for secession could break the country because he knows “Nigerians only make (a) noise to get better deals.”

When asked if he feared that Nigeria’s unity was under threat of secession in an interview aired on Wednesday by Channels TV, Mr Buhari dismissed agitations for secession as mere “noise” aimed at getting a better deal by Nigerians.

“No, I don’t. I don’t because from January 15, 1966, I’ve been in all the troubles in the country, including being in detention for more than three years. I think Nigerians just make noise to get (a) better deal,” Mr Buhari said.

The president added, “They (Nigerians) know that we are better together than being separate. I sincerely believe that. They just make noise to get (a) better deal.”

Old agitation for secession took a disturbing turn since Mr Buhari assumed in 2015 as Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) led by Nnamdi Kanu resumed hostilities in the South-East region of the country.

In the South-West, prolonged nefarious activities of criminal herders ignored by the Mr Buhari regime ignited calls for the Yoruba Nation led by Sunday Igboho.

In June 2021, IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu, who operated from abroad, was arrested in Kenya and brought to Nigeria to face trial on terrorism charges and for insulting Mr Buhari.

Mr Kanu has been in detention in the Benin Republic ever since, with his trial progressing at snail speed, while Mr Igboho, apprehended in his attempt to flee the country for Germany through Benin.

https://gazettengr.com/poor-governance-buhari-mocks-nigerians-says-they-like-making-noise/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by mightyhaze: 9:24am On Jan 06, 2022
Oya BMC come defend this one

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by Waakanda: 9:43am On Jan 06, 2022
Buhari, why?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by SmartProf(m): 9:52am On Jan 06, 2022
When he retires to Daura to take charge of his Cows, his Cows will make more noise cos they will notice his incompetence. A reasonable president should know that if his citizens are making unbearable noise, it's because his government is Useless.

151 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 06, 2022
I'm not one of the Nigerians that feel been together is compulsory

I'm fully for One Nigeria, but is not by force.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:00am On Jan 06, 2022
sai baba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by Maxymilliano(m): 10:24am On Jan 06, 2022
This won't be the first time Buhari will mock Nigerians. He once described Nigerians as useless, senseless and indisciplined in 1984 during the establishment of his infamous War Against Indiscipline.

That's why the late Fela Anikulapo regarded him as Animal in craze man skin ...

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by kingphilip(m): 10:32am On Jan 06, 2022
Why isn't he addressing the message instead of the messenger?

Isn't it left for him to look at the grievances (noise) of the people (the so-called noise makers) and address it squarely than attacking the noisemakers?

9 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by Mko123(m): 12:25pm On Jan 06, 2022
The way I feel whenever I sight this man appearance can't be described...

I've being hoping that someone will wake me up and tell me everything about this man is a dream

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by iCauseTrouble: 12:25pm On Jan 06, 2022
angry
Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by yesloaded: 12:26pm On Jan 06, 2022
1yr 4months to go

May we have a President with human feelings come 2023

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by Iamvetlander(m): 12:26pm On Jan 06, 2022
I see the reasons why this man don't grant interview and press conference normally. This country for don divide sinceeeeee.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by updatechange(m): 12:27pm On Jan 06, 2022
Nairalanders be the judge.

Like for buhari share for Nigerians

13 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by JohnnyPalmer: 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2022
Useless President

Na the Zombies that voted him for 2nd term I blame

7 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by NGArmyTerrorist: 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2022
A well programmed rechargeable jubril! When that mask goes off, it will shock those that called themselves Zoogerians! cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by Whois(m): 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2022
Babu diplomatic way of saying Nigerians are just noise makers. We no blame am, we blame his ass lickers

Cc

/ NLPoliceWoman

Seunmsg
NaijirianKing
OyigboUpdate
Dcatt
TinubuAdvocate
dangwarai
uptimum123
SilverNorGold
yarimo
omenka
helinues
myBraine
OZOnNengiTheory
Edusouls
Onlyonebhari
Confirmedombie
georgakins
Arrewa

ILuvdemManna
Gidicars..
Kilonshele
AnanSek
Franzinni
Antoeni
LegendHero
Sammirano
Orioko88
Tesppidd
360degreess
IbadanSun1
NGPatriot
Mamotalk
Kestolove
GoshenNLA
thatfairguy
TecM0
Humilitypays
IamWonderful
Authority2006
jcmaiah
delivryboy
360degreess
Kuginzi
IamPlato
Danmaiduguri
thebosstrevor1
Vaughanlanrewaj
Sunday2021

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by Blackfire(m): 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2022
Especially those SE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by Ijoba85: 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2022
It's normal to make noise to get better deals o cos if you don't you are on a long thing. No one get anything without an effort now and shouting is part of it baba

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by Jayphoenix45(m): 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2022
This should not surprise anyone anymore..gladly his time at the helm is coming to an end. You call people showcasing their pain as noise making?? Hopefully when another ethnic group produces the next president and ignores the cry in the north terming it noise making, northerners will keep this same energy the remaining part of the country has been keeping since 2015..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by DispatcherLagos: 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2022
This man again?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by axeman2(m): 12:31pm On Jan 06, 2022
Okay over to zombie

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by Educsss: 12:31pm On Jan 06, 2022
See this man

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by Sonnobax15(m): 12:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
undecided
Bubu must be joking for real...... Because the last time I checked,we NIGERIANs are the most peaceful people on earth...... We only make noise here on social media platforms....But the whites,na physical riot and boycotting dem dey package their own..... Considering how our leaders have failed us continuously,we have the right to freedom to protest and even bring the whole country to standstill, but we still dey quiet undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by AuntRose(f): 12:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
Whois:
Babu diplomatic way of saying Nigerians are just noise makers
He is stylishly referring to IPOB

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by GboyegaD(m): 12:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
This incompetent Buhari has the mind to call us noisemakers. It is unfortunate the national assembly is as useless as the president since they refuse to impeach him despite his incompetence.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by nick50(m): 12:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
Not suprised cos the old hag is not a Nigerian na greediness cause afonja miscreants to foist him on us

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by Ovamboland(m): 12:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
When you probe deeper into the cause of the noise, you notice most of it reduce to the fact that some people believe the presidency is their turn and they are been denied.

There is nothing else most of those who want a new republic are going through that is not being experienced by the masses in other parts of the country

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by Whois(m): 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
AuntRose:

He is stylishly referring to IPOB

He is referring to all wailing wailers, youths and antibmc

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by nairaman66(m): 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
This cow dung keep disgracing himself! For the last couple of days, this useless man has been on a ranting spree like someone on heat!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by DropsMic(m): 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
He's right tho.. Noise makers that's what we are.. Pure water now na ₦20, prices of food have doubled (some trippled in price) and how did Nigerians react. We made noise online and then adapted to the situation of things because that's what we do best.

Nigerians must get sense by fire by force

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal by Coldshisha: 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
See finish

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soludo: Proposed Onitsha Riverport Will Work Together With Anambra Airport / Uneasy Silence In Rivers Over Okowa As Atiku’s Running Mate / Buhari’s Speech At The Swearing-In Of Kayode Ariwoola As Acting CJN (Full Text)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.