Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? (824 Views)

Family Buries Pastor Siva Moodley After Waiting 579 Days For His Resurrection / Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / Video Of Dare Adeboye Celebrating His 42nd Birthday Shared After His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by ogtechinc(m): 10:48am On Apr 05, 2021
Is there anywhere in the Bible where it instructed Christ followers to Celebrate Jesus Resurrection?

Remembering his death or Resurrection, which is scriptural?

I need answers ooo....
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 10:50am On Apr 05, 2021
Alot of things are not written in the Bible but it does not mean you should not observe them. That is why they are called doctrines
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by ogtechinc(m): 11:13am On Apr 05, 2021
Hashabiah:
Alot of things are not written in the Bible but it does not mean you should not observe them. That is why they are called doctrines

Wow.... So we should just celebrate whatever comes our way, abi?
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:42am On Apr 05, 2021
Obviously the death for me. It was the only thing Jesus told His disciples to remember Him for.

The resurrection is also good because without it what He had accomplished with His death wouldn't have been revealed.

But His death was better because it was the purpose of His coming to Earth. He didn't come to resurrect but to die for the sins of the world.

Btw, i don't celebrate good Friday or Easter but just the death and resurrection of Christ. Especially the death which bares much more significance.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by ogtechinc(m): 12:01pm On Apr 05, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Obviously the death for me. It was the only thing Jesus told His disciples to remember Him for.

The resurrection is also good because without it what He had accomplished with His death wouldn't have been revealed.

But His death was better because it was the purpose of His coming to Earth. He didn't come to resurrect but to die for the sins of the world.

Btw, i don't celebrate good Friday or Easter but just the death and resurrection of Christ. Especially the death which bares much more significance.

God bless.

Thank you....you are so sincere....I wish I could connect with you for a one on one discussed on this subject

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 12:17pm On Apr 05, 2021
ogtechinc:

Of course...so long as it edifies Christ.
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by GeneralDae: 12:38pm On Apr 05, 2021
ogtechinc:

It's all about personal choice whether to celebrate anything or not as long as you don't sin, it doesn't make you more or less of a child of God.
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by DappaD: 1:10pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hashabiah:

Hashabiah:
Of course...so long as it edifies Christ.

Are you aware that presumptuousness is a very serious sin before God which is even closely linked to pride? Psalm 19:13, Proverbs 11:2

The entire Bible is inspired of God(2Timothy 3:16) and it was written for our instruction(Romans 15:4) so that means everything we need to know about how to offer worship to God(John 4:24) is stated therein so being presumptuous and setting the standards for God is not acceptable according to Romans 10:3 see also Revelation 22:18-19
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 1:12pm On Apr 05, 2021
DappaD:

Are you aware that presumptuousness is a very serious sin before God which is even closely linked to pride? Psalm 19:13, Proverbs 11:2

The entire Bible is inspired of God(2Timothy 3:16) and it was written for our instruction(Romans 15:4) so that means everything we need to know about how to offer worship to God(John 4:24) is stated therein so being presumptuous and setting the standards for God is not acceptable according to Romans 10:3 compare with Revelation 22:18-19
Oga, do not use scripture to justify what you cannot defend. The bible is silent on many issues which is why as a true Christian, you need the Holy Spirit for direction. And once your conscience does not condemn the act, then it is not ungodly.
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by DappaD: 1:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hashabiah:
Oga, do not use scripture to justify what you cannot defend. The bible is silent on many issues which is why as a true Christian, you need the Holy Spirit for direction. And once your conscience does not condemn the act, then it is not ungodly.

So if this your Holy Ghost should tell you that it is acceptable and tells the next person that it is not, what can you now say then? You should have just said that what is written in the Bible makes no sense to you and that you would rather like to set your own standards yourself. Romans 10:1-3

You claimed that the Bible is silent on many things. While that is true, however there are some things you cannot reconcile if you want to tow that direction. For example, did the Scriptures mention smoking or even saying it was a sin? Is it not the principle stated at Romans 12:2 and 2Corinthians 7:1 that tells us that such is wrong?

@bolded, you came again with conscience matter. Okay there were some ancient settlements in the past such as the Aztecs who carried out gruesome human sacrifices to their false gods, does it make it acceptable since their conscience allowed them to do so?

The human heart is more treacherous than anything so if we follow our own hearts without guidance, we’ll land into serious trouble. Jeremiah 17:9
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 1:25pm On Apr 05, 2021
DappaD:

So if this your Holy Ghost should tell you that it is acceptable and tells the next person that it is not, what can you now say then? You should have just said that what is written in the Bible makes no sense to you and that you would rather like to set your own standards yourself. Romans 10:1-3

You claimed that the Bible is silent on many things. While that is true, however there are some things you cannot reconcile if you want to tow that direction. For example, did the Scriptures mention smoking or even saying it was a sin? Is it not the principle stated at Romans 12:2 and 2Corinthians 7:1 that tells us that such is wrong?

@bolded, you came again with conscience matter. Okay there were some ancient settlements in the past such as the Aztecs who carried out gruesome human sacrifices to their false gods, does it make it acceptable since their conscience allowed them to do so?

The human heart is more treacherous than anything so if we follow our own hearts without guidance, we’ll land into serious trouble. Jeremiah 17:9
Oga the bible is silent on Slavery, Education, Paedophilia, and a whole lot of other social issues. And what is not condemned in the Bible cannot be attributed to sin. But because for conscience sake, we turn to the Holy Spirit for guidance.
So get that into your head and stop being silly.

But since you are JW, I think folly is your second name
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by DappaD: 1:43pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hashabiah:
Oga the bible is silent on Slavery, Education, Paedophilia, and a whole lot of other social issues. And what is not condemned in the Bible cannot be attributed to sin. But because for conscience sake, we turn to the Holy Spirit for guidance.
So get that into your head and stop being silly.
But since you are JW, I think folly is your second name

The Bible speaks LOUD & CLEAR for those who are seeking the answers to such those three questions you stated there. Hebrews 4:12
That’s why I said there are numerous principles in that same Bible that can assist someone who really wants to worship God with spirit and truth. John 4:24

LOL! See your concluding statement, “But since you are JW” seriously though?
Later it is the same people like you who will rush and say we have a different Bible when we begin quoting words of divine wisdom from the Bible everyone is familiar with. Ephesians 6:17
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 1:48pm On Apr 05, 2021
[s]
DappaD:

The Bible speaks LOUD & CLEAR for those who are seeking the answers to such those three questions you stated there. Hebrews 4:12
That’s why I said there are numerous principles in that same Bible that can assist someone who really wants to worship God with spirit and truth. John 4:24

LOL! See your concluding statement, “But since you are JW” seriously though?
Later it is the same people like you who will rush and say we have a different Bible when we begin quoting words of divine wisdom from the Bible everyone is familiar with. Ephesians 6:17
[/s]But you are a Jehovah's witness and that is the truth.

Now tell us where slavery is condemned in the Bible? Also tell us where paedophilia is condemned. And if you cannot do any of these, then shut up and stop being silly
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by DappaD: 1:52pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hashabiah:
But you are a Jehovah's witness and that is the truth.

I’m proudly one of Jehovah’s Witnesses and that, I cannot hide.

Now tell us where slavery is condemned in the Bible? Also tell us where paedophilia is condemned. And if you cannot do any of these, then shut up and stop being silly

I said there are a number of Biblical principles that speak against such but since you are hot-tempered and easily offended when someone challenges you, I’m going to remain mute for those who deserve the truth. Matthew 7:6
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 1:55pm On Apr 05, 2021
[s]
DappaD:

I’m proudly one of Jehovah’s Witnesses and that, I cannot hide.

I said there are a number of Biblical principles that speak against such but since you are hot-tempered and easily offended when someone challenges you, I’m going to remain mute for those who deserve the truth. Matthew 7:6
[/s] Excuses mixed with hypocrisy! That is the typical JW nonsense I see daily. grin
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by DappaD: 1:58pm On Apr 05, 2021
@Hashabiah, let me re-ask and elaborate more on my earlier question.

DappaD:

Did the Scriptures mention smoking or even saying it was a sin?

If according to you, you happen to hear random voices(which you claim is holy spirit) that tells you that smoking is wrong and your neighbour in your own church always hears the same random voices and also claims he said from holy spirit, but this time around he said that the voice told him that smoking is NOT wrong, will your neighbour still be considered a Christian ?
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by DappaD: 2:01pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hashabiah:
Excuses mixed with hypocrisy! That is the typical JW nonsense I see daily. grin

There’s actually nothing there in the question you asked. Some Scriptures that would aid in that case would be Leviticus 19:18, Psalm 127:3 etc but I said I’m not going to expatiate on them since you do not deserve the truth. Matthew 7:6
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 2:08pm On Apr 05, 2021
DappaD:
@Hashabiah, let me re-ask and elaborate more on my earlier question.

If according to you, you happen to hear random voices(which you claim is holy spirit) that tells you that smoking is wrong and your neighbour in your own church always hears the same the same random voices and also claims he said from holy spirit, but this time around he said that the voice told him that smoking is wrong, will your neighbour still be considered a Christian ?
My oga, my God is not the author of confusion. Which is why if you have the Spirit of God(The Holy Spirit) you will be of one mind with another person has that same Spirit.

And how do we know this : Galatians 5:22, which says 'But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such there is no law.".

The bolded here are the traits of someone with the Spirit of God and it is impossible to have all those traits if the Spirit of God is not in you.

So anyone, who has the Spirit of God will certainly possess those traits and the no one will need to tell him that smoking is bad.

For how can you have those traits and still be smoking...it is impossible
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by DappaD: 2:10pm On Apr 05, 2021
@Hashabiah, Jesus said he would reject an “anything-goes” type of Christian who refused to do as he commanded. Matthew 7:21-23, Luke 6:46
As for those who closely follow the pattern he set without addition or subtraction(John 13:15, 1Peter 2:21), Jesus said these ones would remain his friends forever. John 15:10
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 2:11pm On Apr 05, 2021
DappaD:
@Hashabiah, Jesus said he would reject an “anything-goes” type of Christian who refused to do as he commanded. Matthew 7:21-23, Luke 6:46
As for those who closely follow the pattern he set without addition or subtraction(John 13:15, 1Peter 2:21), Jesus said these ones would remain his friends forever. John 15:10
Did Jesus ever condemn smoking, paedophilia, slavery and all the other social issues we have in society? Oga, don't play Jesus here. Let the Holy Spirit do the job. For scripture says the Holy Spirit will teach you all things (John14:26). I rest my case
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by DappaD: 2:14pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hashabiah:
My oga, my God is not the author of confusion. Which is why if you have the Spirit of God(The Holy Spirit) you will be of one mind with another person has that same Spirit.
And how do we know this : Galatians 5:22, which says[b] "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such there is no law.".[/b].
The bolded here are the traits of someone with the Spirit of God and it is impossible to have all those traits if the Spirit of God is not in you.
So anyone, who has the Spirit of God will certainly possess those traits and the no one will need to tell him that smoking is bad.
For how can you have those traits and still be smoking...it is impossible

LOL! I thought you said the person’s conscience and some random voice claiming holy spirit should also allow him to do what he wants? Why quoting from the Bible now? What has Galatians 5:22 got to do with some random voice telling someone that smoking is NOT wrong? I thought we are doing some hard-and-fast rule on the Bible therefore principles should not guide us, right? Uncle, smoking is not in the Bible so if somebody in your church said that one voice in his head said smoking is OKAY then he is also a Christian, capeesh?
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by DappaD: 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hashabiah:
Did Jesus ever condemn smoking, paedophilia, slavery and all the other social issues we have in society?
Oga, don't play Jesus here. Let the Holy Spirit do the job. For scripture says the Holy Spirit will teach you all things (John14:26). I rest my case

YES, YES, since Jesus did not mention them as therefore it is totally OKAY practicing them if the person’s conscience and some random voice in his head allows him.

I already told you the way Jehovah’s Witnesses operate. There are a number of principles in the Bible that guide our lifestyle. Psalm 119:105, Isaiah 48:17-18
That word, “PRINCIPLE” is what you need to go and do more research on because it is totally different from some hard-and-fast “LAW”.
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2021
DappaD:

LOL! I thought you said the person’s conscience and some random voice claiming holy spirit should also allow him to do what he wants? Why quoting from the Bible now? What has Galatians 5:22 got to do with some random voice telling someone that smoking is NOT wrong? I thought we are doing some hard-and-fast rule on the Bible therefore principles should not guide us, right? Uncle, smoking is not in the Bible so if somebody in your church said that one voice in his head said smoking is OKAY then he is also a Christian, capeesh?
Oga, why do you speak as one devoid of wisdom? The conscience I referred to is one who has the Spirit of God. It is that Spirit that serves as a conscience to a Christian. It is that same Spirit that gives you the wisdom to discern from what is right from what is wrong. This is simple and I do not understand why you are having a hard time understanding this. Or is it because you JWs reject the Holy Spirit? undecided
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 2:18pm On Apr 05, 2021
DappaD:

YES, YES, since Jesus did not mention them as therefore it is totally OKAY practicing them if the person’s conscience and some random voice in his head allows him.

I already told you the way Jehovah’s Witnesses operate. There are a number of principles in the Bible that guide our lifestyle. Psalm 119:105, Isaiah 48:17-18
That word, “PRINCIPLE” is what you need to go and do more research on because it is totally different from “LAW”.
Why should I seek a principle when I have the Holy Spirit to do that? undecided
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by DappaD: 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hashabiah:
Oga, why do you speak as one devoid of wisdom? The conscience I referred to is one who has the Spirit of God. It is that Spirit that serves as a conscience to a Christian. It is that same Spirit that gives you the wisdom to discern from what is right from what is wrong. This is simple and I do not understand why you are having a hard time understanding this. Or is it because you JWs reject the Holy Spirit? undecided

So where have I said that Jehovah’s Witnesses reject God’s holy spirit? The only difference between we and you is the way you expect God’s holy spirit to work. You expect some random voice to tell you something that is not found anywhere in the Bible while we ask for God’s holy spirit to guide us on understanding what is already penned down in the Bible. Luke 11:13, James 1:5

Hashabiah:
Why should I seek a principle when I have the Holy Spirit to do that? undecided

I think you finally roped yourself because with this statement, God’s word the Bible means nothing to you therefore that random voice in your head is more preferable. Revelation 22:18-19
Well understood, sir/ma. Thanks for your time.
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 2:28pm On Apr 05, 2021
DappaD:

So where have I said that Jehovah’s Witnesses reject God’s holy spirit? The only difference between we and you is the way you expect God’s holy spirit to work. You expect some random voice to tell you something that is not found anywhere in the Bible while we ask for God’s holy spirit to guide us on understanding what is already penned down in the Bible. Luke 11:13, James 1:5

I think you finally roped yourself because with this statement, God’s word the Bible means nothing to you therefore that random voice in your head is more preferable. Revelation 22:18-19
Well understood, sir/ma. Thanks for your time.
Oga you are just frustrated. If what I am doing sound wrong, then who are you to judge me? Is Jesus not the one who judges us all...? See just because I do not share in Charles Russell Taze perverted interpretation of the bible does no make any less Christian. Peace
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hashabiah:
I am sorry what? Jesus Christ warned you against following of doctrines and traditions(commandments) of men, which He declared as Lies, albeit told in His Name, that only serve to heap curses on those who imbibe and follow such doctrines.

Mark 7 vs 1-13 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem,
2. they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.
3. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly,[a] holding to the tradition of the elders,
4. and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.[c])
[b] 5.
And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?”
6. And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;

7. in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the (doctrines and rules)** tradition of men.”
9. And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
10. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)[d]—
12. then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13. thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted

Rather than being flippant where the things of God are concerned, why not take time to learn His truth so you are not, by your own acts there, instead of robbing yourself blind. undecided
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkie:
I am sorry what? Jesus Christ warned you against following of doctrines and traditions(commandments) of men, which He declared as Lies, albeit told in His Name, that only serve to heap curses on those who imbibe and follow such doctrines.

** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted

Rather than being flippant where the things of God are concerned, why not take time to learn His truth so you are not, by your own acts there, instead of robbing yourself blind. undecided
[/s] Another dullard sighted. Please where in the scriptures is slavery or paedophilia mentioned? Answer. And if you cannot answer shut up and stop being stupid
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Kobojunkie: 4:11pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hashabiah:
[s][/s] Another dullard sighted. Please where in the scriptures is slavery or paedophilia mentioned? Answer. And if you cannot answer shut up and stop being stupid
Slavery, Paedophilia? You didn't even bother to read your very own post which I responded to and you think I am the dullard here? undecided
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 4:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkie:
Slavery, Paedophilia? You didn't even bother to read your very own post which I responded to and you think I am the dullard here? undecided
[/s] You answered in your shallow mind
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
I would have love to celebrate anything for Jesus but there is a warning that i always keep at heart, Peter said Christians should be watchful so as not to fall into Satan's trap {1Peter 5:8} so to win this fight Christians must follow Jesus' orders strictly! 1Peter 2:21
Whatever Jesus didn't ask us to do for him will surely be misused since there is no specification on how to do such things, that's why you'll see religionsts saying "Christmas/ Easter/ New year shouldn't be celebrated like this or like that" so they're trying to set standards in doing what Christ never initiated, how can that work out when you are not the Christ himself?
Therefore whatever is not celebrated by the first century Christians will surely get out of hand due to the evil genius who is ever looking for loopholes to mislead Christians! Luke 4:13 smiley

ogtechinc:

Is there anywhere in the Bible where it instructed Christ followers to Celebrate Jesus Resurrection?
Remembering his death or Resurrection, which is scriptural?
I need answers ooo....
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Kobojunkie: 4:31pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hashabiah:
[s][/s] You answered in your shallow mind
Again....
Kobojunkie:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Does God Also Care For The Orphans?...my Story! / Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? / Why Jehovah Is A Massive Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.