Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,125 members, 7,835,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? (861 Views)

Family Buries Pastor Siva Moodley After Waiting 579 Days For His Resurrection / Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / Video Of Dare Adeboye Celebrating His 42nd Birthday Shared After His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by ogtechinc(m): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I would have love to celebrate anything for Jesus but there is a warning that i always keep at heart, Peter said Christians should be watchful so as not to fall into Satan's trap {1Peter 5:8} so to win this fight Christians must follow Jesus' orders strictly! 1Peter 2:21
Whatever Jesus didn't ask us to do for him will surely be misused since there is no specification on how to do such things, that's why you'll see religionsts saying "Christmas/ Easter/ New year shouldn't be celebrated like this or like that" so they're trying to set standards in doing what Christ never initiated, how can that work out when you are not the Christ himself?
Therefore whatever is not celebrated by the first century Christians will surely get out of hand due to the evil genius who is ever looking for loopholes to mislead Christians! Luke 4:13 smiley

Brilliant I must say....
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by ogtechinc(m): 6:24pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hashabiah:
[s][/s]
Now tell us where slavery is condemned in the Bible? Also tell us where paedophilia is condemned.

The Bible does not condemn slavery. However, it contains several instructions on how Masters should treat their slaves:

1. Leviticus 25:39, 40: “And when your brother is impoverished alongside you and sells himself to you, you shall not work him like a slave: he shall be like a hired man or a dependent guest with you. He shall serve with you till the ram-horn year". - Slaves must not be mistreated.

2. Colossians 4:1: "Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven." - God will hold masters accountable in the way they treat their slaves. Masters ought to be God-fearing and love their Slaves.

Will Slavery continue forever? The answer is no. The Bible speaks of a time when all humans will be set free from all kinds of Slavery, including the slavery of Sin and death - Romans 8:21 (that creation itself is to be set free out of slavery to decay, into the liberty of the glory of God’s children).
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 6:48pm On Apr 05, 2021
[s]
ogtechinc:

The Bible does not condemn slavery. However, it contains several instructions on how Masters should treat their slaves:

1. Leviticus 25:39, 40: “And when your brother is impoverished alongside you and sells himself to you, you shall not work him like a slave: he shall be like a hired man or a dependent guest with you. He shall serve with you till the ram-horn year". - Slaves must not be mistreated.

2. Colossians 4:1: "Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven." - God will hold masters accountable in the way they treat their slaves. Masters ought to be God-fearing and love their Slaves.

Will Slavery continue forever? The answer is no. The Bible speaks of a time when all humans will be set free from all kinds of Slavery, including the slavery of Sin and death - Romans 8:21 (that creation itself is to be set free out of slavery to decay, into the liberty of the glory of God’s children).

[/s] Produce a verse that condemns slavery and if you cannot, then stop disturbing people who wish to celebrate Easter.
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by ogtechinc(m): 7:06pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hashabiah:
Why should I seek a principle when I have the Holy Spirit to do that? undecided

My friend, you still need Bible Principles to help you distinguish between right and wrong on issues not covered in the Bible. The scriptures itself says in Hebrews 5:14: But solid food is for full-grown men, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern good and evil.

Spiritually full-grown men who have their senses exercised or train their power of discernment, use Bible principles to discern what is good and bad.

Jesus himself said that the Holy Spirit will remind you of everything that he said to you in John 14:26.

In conclusion, a spiritually mature Christian needs holy spirit to help him apply what he has read and studied from the Bible. This will enable him to make sound decisions that are Bible based.
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 7:11pm On Apr 05, 2021
[s]
ogtechinc:

My friend, you still need Bible Principles to help you distinguish between right and wrong on issues not covered in the Bible. The scriptures itself says in Hebrews 5:14: But solid food is for full-grown men, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern good and evil.

Spiritually full-grown men who have their senses exercised or train their power of discernment, use Bible principles to discern what is good and bad.

Jesus himself said that the Holy Spirit will remind you of everything that he said to you in John 14:26.

In conclusion, a spiritually mature Christian needs holy spirit to help him apply what he has read and studied from the Bible. This will enable him to make sound decisions that are Bible based.
[/s] You keep speaking like one who cannot discern between right and wrong.

Abraham and his descendants (Isaac and Jacob) never had a bible or any form of written instruction but they kept God's laws and statues through the Holy Spirit.

This Holy Spirit is the same one that operated in Apostle Peter who was a stack illiterate and caused him to minister and live a righteous life.

Now do not get me wrong in saying that Bible is not necessary, but what I am saying is if you have the Holy Spirit, then following the precepts of God will be easier and clear. No one will be able to deceive with with doctrines and " Pharisees sayings "
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by ogtechinc(m): 7:30pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hashabiah:
Of course...so long as it edifies Christ.

Do you really think celebrating Easter edifies Christ?

If you have done a personal research on this subject, you will see clearly that Easter is one celebration that has many questionable characteristics and has pagan origin. See links below:

https://www.pethealthnetwork.com/news-blogs/a-vets-life/what-does-a-rabbit-have-do-easter

https://www.britannica.com/story/what-do-eggs-have-to-do-with-easter

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconversation.com/amp/why-easter-is-called-easter-and-other-little-known-facts-about-the-holiday-75025

Honestly, I don't think this edifies Christ. If Jesus is the Light, why associate him with Darkness?
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 7:32pm On Apr 05, 2021
[s]
ogtechinc:

Do you really think celebrating Easter edifies Christ?

If you have done a personal research on this subject, you will see clearly that Easter is one celebration that has many questionable characteristics and has pagan origin. See links below:

https://www.pethealthnetwork.com/news-blogs/a-vets-life/what-does-a-rabbit-have-do-easter

https://www.britannica.com/story/what-do-eggs-have-to-do-with-easter

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconversation.com/amp/why-easter-is-called-easter-and-other-little-known-facts-about-the-holiday-75025

Honestly, I don't think this edifies Christ. If Jesus is the Light, why associate him with Darkness?
[/s] I am celebrating the death and resurrection Jesus, and not the darkness so get that straight into your head.
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by ogtechinc(m): 7:45pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hashabiah:
[s][/s] I am celebrating the death and resurrection Jesus, and not the darkness so get that straight into your head.
You are really an interesting fellow. I appreciate you.

But come to think of it, if Jesus had the time to command his disciples in Luke 22:19 to remember his death and keep doing it. Why did he not mention his Resurrection and gave commands to observe it since both events are closely related? Did he forgot to mention it or is it one of those passages not covered in the Bible?
Your answer please.

Pls note, that's exactly the essence of this post in this forum.
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by ogtechinc(m): 7:48pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hashabiah:
[s][/s]
Now do not get me wrong in saying that Bible is not necessary, but what I am saying is if you have the Holy Spirit, then following the precepts of God will be easier and clear. No one will be able to deceive with with doctrines and " Pharisees sayings "

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 7:54pm On Apr 05, 2021
ogtechinc:

You are really an interesting fellow. I appreciate you.

But come to think of it, if Jesus had the time to command his disciples in Luke 22:19 to remember his death and keep doing it. Why did he not mention his Resurrection and gave commands to observe it since both events are closely related? Did he forgot to mention it or is it one of those passages not covered in the Bible?
Your answer please.

Pls note, that's exactly the essence of this post in this forum.
Your question is off point because whether I choose to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus or not does not make me any less Christian, neither does it set you up as someone who is holier than me. My celebration is born out of the fact that Jesus died and rose again, thus granting me (and all those who would follow Jesus) eternal life. And that is something worth celebrating.

Remember it is written : that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.(Romans 10:19)

This bolded statement is all I need in life to be saved. Not doctrines from scholars who are still stuck in nonsense stemming from more nonsense
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2021
ogtechinc:

Thanks for the clarification.
So why then do you chaps in JW reject the Holy Spirit and His leading? Is it because your organization is a cult?
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by ogtechinc(m): 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hashabiah:
So why then do you chaps in JW reject the Holy Spirit and His leading? Is it because your organization is a cult?

Anybody wey reject the Holy Spirit don miss road big time.

At the same time, don't you think since the Bible is written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, we should apply its counsel in Ephesians 4:31
that says: let all crossness and passionateness and anger and loud and abusive language be cleared away from you, with all viciousness?

Galatians 5:22, 23 says: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 8:36pm On Apr 05, 2021
ogtechinc:

Anybody wey reject the Holy Spirit don miss road big time.

At the same time, don't you think since the Bible is written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, we should apply its counsel in Ephesians 4:31
that says: let all crossness and passionateness and anger [/b]and loud and [b]abusive language be cleared away from you, with all viciousness?

Galatians 5:22, 23 says: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Okay. So why are you against those who celebrate since there is no scriptural backing against the celebration of the death and resurrection of Jesus.
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by ogtechinc(m): 9:17pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hashabiah:
Okay. So why are you against those who celebrate since there is no scriptural backing against the celebration of the death and resurrection of Jesus.

Please note, I am not against anybody celebrating anything ooo... Who I bi na?

As for the death of Christ, Jesus himself said this in Luke 22:19 - And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
Remembering his death is valid based on this event.

I was hoping to get a scriptural backing to the Resurrection celebration aspect.

Anyways, you have mentioned why you do it even though it's not stated and I respect your opinion on that.
Re: The Death Of Jesus Or Celebrating His Resurrection, Which Is Most Important? by Hashabiah: 10:22pm On Apr 05, 2021
ogtechinc:

Please note, I am not against anybody celebrating anything ooo... Who I bi na?

As for the death of Christ, Jesus himself said this in Luke 22:19 - And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
Remembering his death is valid based on this event.

I was hoping to get a scriptural backing to the Resurrection celebration aspect.

Anyways, you have mentioned why you do it even though it's not stated and I respect your opinion on that.
Bros, you go to school yet it is not mentioned in the Bible. Then should we say you are sinning against God because He did not say so? Haba bros...argue sensibly undecided

Peace

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have Faith In The Word Of GOD (word Of GOD Is JESUS) / Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child Is An Outdated Law / Satan Has Never Lied To Anybody.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.