Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price (33097 Views)

Delta Family Fights Over N250,000 Bride Price (pic) / Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi / "Some Call It Incest, We Call It Fate" - Man Who Impregnates His Sister Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by pocohantas(f): 5:52pm On Apr 05, 2021
Plead:

Cut them off for life, who dem help? I'll simply do statutory marriage and rest.
Idk why most Nigerian men are still scared of statutory marriage, do they think women get half of everything or they're scared because they'll be jailed if they marry another woman while still married to one?
Well, as for me and my kindred, no statutory marriage - no marriage.

You know your brothers won’t do statutory marriage, they will still complain of the traditional.

Babymama kwanu? They go say the babe cheap.

Which one them what? I would never know.

1 Like

Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by Skmoda360(m): 6:06pm On Apr 05, 2021
pocohantas:

Men are their own enemies.

I am sure when they stayed and agreed to be paying “bride price” abi huge marriage list, they forgot that someone like Buhari would be a democratic president. They also never foresaw that $1= N478 or graduates would turn 31 without stable jobs.

Now that the economy is choking them and restricting their airflows, they are now forming online bro-code and looking for imaginary feminist that will go stop a practice they put in place for their own ever-needy-ego.

You’ll still see same charlatans insulting other Nigerian tribes that are civil enough to conduct marriages like what it is- the coming together of two consenting adults, not an empowerment program.

That gender can never be understood.

If not that God is all knowing, they almost confused Him when He asked a simple question in the Garden of Eden.

Eleru gberu e ooo

Na their way na. Cry when e choke them. grin

They na want to put the burden of ROI on us. We no send them message o. Lmao!
Na you talk am oo and truly it choke grin and to cap it up they won't change because some of them are still benefiting from it.
Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by Parizz: 6:18pm On Apr 05, 2021
pocohantas:

You know your brothers won’t do statutory marriage, they will still complain of the traditional.

Babymama kwanu? They go say the babe cheap.

Which one them what? I would never know.
...after sleeping with different men. Brideprice is a fraud if she's not a virgin and you of all people should know better. Can you go to market and buy second hand goods?

1 Like

Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by crackhaus: 6:21pm On Apr 05, 2021
descarado:

They don't have any authority except the one given to them by the bride and her family.
And this is an outrageous bride price.
Have never heard of this crazy thing before.

Would be brides instead of protecting and shielding their prospective husbands from wolves, tend to exaggerate and make the guy look like a president before her family which then extend to the greedy elders through gossips and that's why you have this nonsense.

The guy in question always rode on white horse when visiting.
After marriage, na the babe go hear am. When problem arise, those wey chop money will tell her straight away they are not ready to vomit.
This is nothing but the truth.

I read a good portion of the thread in offline mode and I couldn't help but notice that a lot of people failed to address that part in your post.

As far a I know, no elder can make outrageous demands from a prospective husband if the bride's parents (or whomever stands as parents) refuse it.

The idiot boy who brought this out on social media doesn't even know he has exposed himself.
It's only a poor family or a greedy family (or both) that will allow these so-called elders to demand 300k as bride price.

2 Likes

Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by Kewellbanks: 6:45pm On Apr 05, 2021
I think this is the reason why they say "The Future Is Female"
Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by Sixfeetbelle: 6:55pm On Apr 05, 2021
Akuruoulo:
EWU U NO TELL US HOW MUCH THEM GIVE UR PAPA ? ABI HIM NO FOLLOW TRAIN THE GIRL ?

Forget story. Even the father won't get that much money sef. Highest might be 50k if it reaches ooh
Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by KevinDein: 6:58pm On Apr 05, 2021
crackhaus:

Hailing from this side, bro.
Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by Akuruoulo(m): 7:04pm On Apr 05, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

Forget story. Even the father won't get that much money sef. Highest might be 50k if it reaches ooh
That is to say they are good people. Who gve fathers money
Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by descarado: 7:37pm On Apr 05, 2021
crackhaus:

I read a good portion of the thread in offline mode and I couldn't help but notice that a lot of people failed to address that part in your post.

As far a I know, no elder can make outrageous demands from a prospective husband if the bride's parents (or whomever stands as parents) refuse it.

The idiot boy who brought this out on social media doesn't even know he has exposed himself.
It's only a poor family or a greedy family (or both) that will allow these so-called elders to demand 300k as bride price.

Happy Easter kiss

Yeah, I tend to speak a lot about this bride price issue anytime I'm online and it's been discussed to my fellow babes.
There is no place in igboland that constitutionally( yeah, they all have written constitutions and babes don't ask to see it) will ask for all these so called outrageous bride price and what have you.
Girls keep on setting standards and this is what we have.

It was a very poor family.
The guy wasn't happy they milked the inlaw and it might constitute a problem later for his sis but how much his mum was given and he didn't get any cheesy
Mind you, the one given to mum is not officially hers. She has her own outrageous list.

Shame on them. Poverty is a disease.
Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by Okoroawusa: 8:43pm On Apr 05, 2021
MadamExcellency:

In Igbo land, the men and the father do compromise on fulfilment of their lists than the women and the mother do.

I don't get this inequality of a thing with this.
It's true o!

You dare not omit one item on the umuada list. If you do then that igbankwu is not holding.
Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 05, 2021
Lalami3232:
Paying 300K for a lady's brideprice grin, and the guy wey disvirgin am use coke and gala

Savage cheesy
Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by maik99(m): 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2021
pocohantas:

I am sure when they stayed and agreed to be paying “bride price” abi huge marriage list, they forgot that someone like Buhari would be a democratic president. They also never foresaw that $1= N478 or graduates would turn 31 without stable jobs.

Now that the economy is choking them and Haverestricting their airflows, they are now forming online bro-code and looking for imaginary feminist that will go stop a practice they put in place for their own ever-needy-ego.

You’ll still see same charlatans insulting other Nigerian tribes that are civil enough to conduct marriages like what it is- the coming together of two consenting adults, not an empowerment program.

If not that God is all knowing, they almost confused Him when He asked a simple question in the Garden of Eden.

Eleru gberu e ooo

You see I'm all for ending patriarchy and all but this makes no sense. This is why nobody takes feminism in Nigeria, you don't need to generalize "men"
The payment of bride price is an age-old practice, no?
Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by macjurek(m): 10:05pm On Apr 05, 2021
Igbo kwenu,my in-laws the culture is too rusty and old ,needs modifications or they will be left behind the scheme of modernity in Marriage matters.

Also the kinsmen's should provide receipt, #300,000 haba Ayauku red eyes......
Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by MrIcredible: 10:58pm On Apr 05, 2021
[s]
pocohantas:

Now that the economy is choking them and restricting their airflows, they are now forming online bro-code and looking for imaginary feminist that will go stop a practice they put in place for their own ever-needy-ego.

Eleru gberu e ooo

[/s]
Or deh leleyii o

I think you feed on attention and likes.

You can eat your fill now.

Or deh
Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by MrIcredible: 11:00pm On Apr 05, 2021
[s]
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
You all be saying rubbish...that man is a pussy ass niggarr....

What about when the daughter is going through problem in da marriage....

Probably looking for someone to talk to the husband when he start misbehaving....

Sure ..it will be the same elders that you all are criticizing...those elders will be at the forefront to talk sense into the husband head
[/s]
Or deh

What better way to describe you, @bolded
Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by SirBunky85(m): 11:41pm On Apr 05, 2021
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

I honestly still find it hard to understand the Igbo marriage initiation system. How could strangers reap where they did not sow bikonu? Is it too much to do the wedding in the brides compound minus all those extended kinsmen? Or do kukuma somewhere the wife's father is based whether na Lagos o abi na Kano....that will also reduce the perpetual list considerably.

15 crates of malt for youth.
5 bags of rice for the youths
40 kegs of wine for the kinsmen
50 baskets of kolanut for the elders grin
you forgot to add- one box of snuff(anwuru)
Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by Tannhauser(m): 4:41am On Apr 06, 2021
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin grin

Dori me, interimo adapare dori me / Ameno, ameno, latire, latire mo / Dori me, ameno, oma nare imperavi ameno / Dimere, dimere, mantiro, mantire mo / Ameno / (Oma nare imperavi emu

Nice song...one of my faves cool
Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by Urban9aira: 9:00am On Apr 06, 2021
STOP COMPLAINING,who invited the elders you have never seen in your life ?

Since your mama no fit use her head,na why dem give her the 5k.

Plus Your sister na WHO sef, 300K for bride price ..MAka why

Na why dem dey use una women like slave in marriage cause of over billing during weddig
Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by pocohantas(f): 9:43am On Apr 06, 2021
maik99:

You see I'm all for ending patriarchy and all but this makes no sense. This is why nobody takes feminism in Nigeria, you don't need to generalize "men"
The payment of bride price is an age-old practice, no?

I don’t know why you are telling me your problems. Who cares why you don’t take whatever? Have you yourself as a human been taken serious? Biko shift one side.
Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by Stanfeelings: 12:22pm On Apr 06, 2021
Story. u don grow up to this extent...and if there is a first son in ur papa house, he should be responsible for collecting the bp assisted/directed by those elders. simple
Re: Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price by maik99(m): 1:22am On Apr 11, 2021
pocohantas:

I don’t know why you are telling me your problems. Who cares why you don’t take whatever? Have you yourself as a human been taken serious? Biko shift one side.

Comment Sums it up pretty much

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated / Lady Dies Four Weeks After Graduation And Few Months To Her Wedding (Photos) / I Lost My Mum In The 3rd Mainland Bridge Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.