Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants (20521 Views)

Nigerians Are Hungry, Facing Hardships – Emir Of Kano Tells Tinubu / Reps Receive March Salary, Defer COVID-19 Donation / Adamawa Unable To Pay March Salary, N32,000 Minimum Wage Due To COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by Chimeluv(f): 7:48pm On Apr 05, 2021
No salary for civil servants but the governor and his aides will be paid their salary angry
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by Zeezenho: 7:49pm On Apr 05, 2021
Is nigeria really a country?how can federating units of a country depends on allocation from a region to survive.states in nigeria can not generate funds to run it's affairs it's so shamefully.
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by ms4both: 7:49pm On Apr 05, 2021
Kano State is still better.
Here is the message my friend sent to me on Friday. A level 10 primary school teacher.
Please save my family before it too late. Yahaya Bello just paid my FEBRUARY SALARY Credit
Amt:NGN11,797.37 Cr
Acc:072******475
Desc:R-54824325/KOGI STATE:FEB21SUBEBSAL:UBA:-
Time:02/04/2021 @15:10:01
Avail Bal:NGN11,797.37.
Total Bal:NGN11,79. ����� I don't know when he will pay MARCH OOOOOOO.
please�� I need job
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by Sonoyom(m): 7:50pm On Apr 05, 2021
As long as it is not Wike, I am ok with it.
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by UnabashedIPOB: 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2021
The Kano State Government has said it is impossible for it to pay workers their full consolidated wages for March.

The government, through its commissioner of Information, Malam Muhammad Garba in a release on Tuesday, said this is because of the drop in federal allocation for the period.

“The drop in federal allocation for the period under review has made it difficult for the government to implement the new salary package,” he said.

IDIOTS who claim they love ONE NIGERIA would read this article and not find anything wrong with it. How can a state not pay its workers on the flimsy excuse that its hand out from the FULANI ZOO government dropped. This is really sad and pathetic. The thieving governor would get his salary in full and some but he can't pay the workers. First of all, the question is: "Why does the state rely solely on government hand out to meet its budget? What would it do when FULANIS no longer have control over the CASH COW that they (FULANIS) rely on? You guys better start looking for alternative means to generate money to fund your state budget and not rely on the south to fund your extravagant lifestyles and kleptomaniac behaviors. Thieves all over the place!

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by shegoon: 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2021
Does this include the state house of assembly members. My instinct tells me those law makers will receive their salaries and allowances with no deduction. Why is Nigeria democratic system inflict pains on her citizens, wonder if this is how US/Uk practice theirs.
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by Adekdammy: 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2021
But you can host jagaban and co in your state.

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by BigBashiru: 7:59pm On Apr 05, 2021
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by phkka1(m): 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2021
Ikpeazu is owing secondary school teachers one year salary.
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by BigBashiru: 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2021
shegoon:
Does this include the state house of assembly members. My instinct tells me those law makers will receive their salaries and allowances with no deduction. Why is Nigeria democratic system inflict pains on her citizens, wonder if this is how US/Uk practice theirs.

It doesn't affect state house of assembly members.... Nigeria is spiritually cursed this is the real reason....

You think Nigeria will suddenly change?? There's no real trigger/catalyst for that even a change of president isn't enough.....

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by kayusely70(m): 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2021
That's the consequence of relying solely on federal allocation
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by Yankee101: 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2021
Emirs selling lands for billions, governor stuffing pocket with dollars, yet you can't pay salaries?
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 05, 2021
We can't pay salary in full, but we can collect dollars in full

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2021
Northerners and reliance on federal allocation. This is why they will rather die than see Nigeria balkanized. Where is Mr Arrewa. Small Anambra and Ebonyi states that don't get much from federal allocation pay salaries on time yet a big state like Kano can not to pay salaries without federal help but if it's to sponsor people to go to Saudi Arabia on pilgrimage, they will have money. grin

2 Likes

Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by just2endowed: 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2021
Neutralobserver:
That's the result of being a state with a low tax to gdp ratio, and a low level of innovation and productivity.

Time to either tax more people...or run for 'financial assistance' from the IMF.

Tax you more then, because the informal sector that are taxed, the money collected never get to the government purse.

Lets leave kano and take Lagos for example.

Lets look at Lagos Park.

Tax payers money and public fund were used to build motor parks around Lagos, but if you look well, it's the responsibility of government (LGA) to collect money (levies) at the parks and not MC Olumo or agberos boys or sponsored political thugs...
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by tnerro1(m): 8:18pm On Apr 05, 2021
The civil servants should open a bandits association, it pays better grin
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:21pm On Apr 05, 2021
bobo Chicago Came to Kano to collect his own share, now money no dey for Salary
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by Sonn(m): 8:27pm On Apr 05, 2021
While his BOSS is somewhere in LONDON sharing our common wealth ($75) per head to FOREIGNERS to support BAD LEADERSHIP and GOVERNANCE in NIGERIA, what a SHAMELESS GOVERNMENT
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by tnerro1(m): 8:28pm On Apr 05, 2021
Zeezenho:
Is nigeria really a country?how can federating units of a country depends on allocation from a region to survive.states in nigeria can not generate funds to run it's affairs it's so shamefully.

Guy leave those people, if it’s money to send those civil servants on a religious jamboree in Saudi Arabia, money will come out sharp sharp
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by Funkeshuga(m): 8:28pm On Apr 05, 2021
the money will never be complete to pay, is that not what you used to host the political colloquium

Heartless people, so civil servants have to pay for your mismanagement despite paying them little

useless fools
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by ShootThemAll(m): 8:30pm On Apr 05, 2021
This country Nawa!!! But there is money to settle Bandits and rehabilitate Terrorists.
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by MansoryMX(m): 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2021
Cutting workers salaries without proper notification and understanding with civil servants? This is some expensive joke if you ask me! Gandollar, Gandollar!! Gandollarrrrrrr!!! How many times did I call you?

Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by sulaak(m): 8:36pm On Apr 05, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
He’s busy building more flyovers worth billions of Naira when he can’t perform his essential duty. Simply because he gets millions of dollars kick-backs from them.

The Flyover is his legacy, what can he benefit from paying government workers
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by macaranta(m): 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2021
Like play like play they're running this country aground cry
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by naija4life247: 8:50pm On Apr 05, 2021
Asgard13:
Ganduje for Vice President
Tinubu for President grin

In Arewa Republic
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by matm: 8:50pm On Apr 05, 2021
a liter of fuel now is N170.A liter of kerosene N250.A bag of rice N25000.A custard bucket of garri N1,200 .
Who is talking about half salary?
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by SOFTENGR: 8:52pm On Apr 05, 2021
The dollars inside Gandollar's babariga alone can pay Kano salaries for 4 years.
A whole mega Bureau de Change
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by jaytee01(m): 8:52pm On Apr 05, 2021
Make una check d babariga.....he dey stuff una salaries dere!
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by ultimatekint(m): 8:57pm On Apr 05, 2021
Even ,if you pay in full , it amount to nothing ; that's why I am always telling my people to come and invest in E-commerce business.
WhatsApp me on 07082151248.
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by brandsoncharlie: 8:58pm On Apr 05, 2021
Neutralobserver:
That's the result of being a state with a low tax to gdp ratio, and a low level of innovation and productivity.

Time to either tax more people...or run for 'financial assistance' from the IMF.
What are you talking about? What of state internal generated revenue?
funds for road construction and others are disbursed from fg but yet not enough to pay workers. Hmm
Can you say they're no projects on going in kaduna?
Wike haven't pay civil servant in river-state but gave burna boy 100 million naira for home coming.
Nigerian politicians are criminals be wise.
If you compare some state in Nigeria and Ghana their revenue are almost same or more than Ghana but you keep hearing those states in Nigeria can't pay or slash their salary.
The revenues generated by states resources where are such funds?
Nigeria is a big disgrace in Africa.
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by Soolmus: 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2021
When are we going to diversify from Oyel money economy
Re: We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants by wonlasewonimi: 9:08pm On Apr 05, 2021
Sebi dem talk say this guy is performing by building unnecessary roads

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mainagate: Dambazzau Absent As Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting (Photos) / Junaid Mohammed: Tinubu Holds Different View About Buhari In Private / Governor Ifeanyi Okowa Inspecting Delta State Polytechnic Ogwashi-uku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.