Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,302 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

What Is The One Lesson You Have Learnt In Life That Has Stuck With You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The One Lesson You Have Learnt In Life That Has Stuck With You? (1195 Views)

Update: Why I Stuck With This Girl, After Walking Away From 3 Other Ladies. / What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? / Opinion: It Is Wrong To Reward A Lady Who Stuck With You When You Were Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The One Lesson You Have Learnt In Life That Has Stuck With You? by WriterX(m): 10:57am On Apr 06, 2021
I put this up in hopes we can share a few of our experiences and something we have learnt from it that has stuck with us since then.

MY LESSON.

I have learnt that nothing is always as it seems. Today you are at the top and tomorrow you are down among the trash, it has made me treat people the same way i hope to be treated because you never can tell what tomorrow holds.

KINDLY DROP YOURS AS WELL.

MY EXPERIENCE

So i decided to put a bit of my experience as well just so you understand why i chose to stick with this lesson, anyways during my years in high school i had so much, i wasn't the spending type of person but i had enough infact more than enough , been an introvert i associated with few people who i call brothers and sisters till date cos that was what they were like to me.
I gave everything i had to them in their times of need and never for once baited an eye whenever they called, i was not the smart one but i had money and was never afraid to help anyone at all.
fast forward to 2019 when we were done and the lockdown took effect, times became hard infact my last year in school was riddled with failed exams and tests.
it was obvious i was going no where, my heart sank and i didn't even bother to sign out, i could remember finishing the last paper and walking out of school without a smile on my face.
i changed my phone and didn't want no one to call or see me anyways the lockdown was terrible, i suddenly became poor, my finances ran low and my life was as miserable and empty as nothing.
Feeding became a problem for me and the family as well, i got sacked from the teaching job due to lockdown so i decided to go to lagos and mehn against my parents wishes.
lol and it was hell for me, i worked at a shoe factory to survive and did a lot of other crappy jobs just to survive bearing in mind i was living with a girl and her family who had nothing.
against all odds i returned home seeing it was worse right there in lagos than it was in the village , i felt bad but i knew i had to return to village to survive by this time depression and anger was the order of the day for me.
i fasted and prayed day and night for a change but nothing was working, suicidal thoughts crept in as i grew thin to lean and sick anyways i returned back and meant someone who took interest in my education issues from where i use to go and see a woman i usually assist with some jobs.
two weeks later my bestie back then in school who i had broken all communications with out of shame , somehow got to me and from there on it was just a miracle after another.
today, i can say i am a graduate, i made it through that good samaritan helped me set my poor results and i didn't have to pay a dim, last week my bestie who is doing well sent me some money and got me an online editing job that pays better than any job i have done in the past.
today, i realise nothing truly is ever as it seems.
GOD sees our hearts and listens to our prayers and i am just fortunate to have never given in to my depression and pains of been a failure at some point in life.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The One Lesson You Have Learnt In Life That Has Stuck With You? by padi94(m): 11:02am On Apr 06, 2021
I have learnt it is better to do than say you will do before the deed.

Village people may be involved

1 Like

Re: What Is The One Lesson You Have Learnt In Life That Has Stuck With You? by mercidove: 11:34am On Apr 06, 2021
I learnt to never be afraid of failing....face your fear....
Re: What Is The One Lesson You Have Learnt In Life That Has Stuck With You? by MajesticKris: 11:34am On Apr 06, 2021
I've learnt that Karma is a bit*c
Re: What Is The One Lesson You Have Learnt In Life That Has Stuck With You? by richmond500: 11:36am On Apr 06, 2021
I have learned how to give correct doggggyyy, slap the azz and shout fire fire firrrreee grin

OK seriously, I have learned that opportunity comes but not once, same opportunity can come in different ways, u just have to figure it and not make the same mistake again
Re: What Is The One Lesson You Have Learnt In Life That Has Stuck With You? by blinking001(m): 1:52pm On Apr 06, 2021
The streets is like electricity. It shocks are terribly severe, painful and damaging.
Re: What Is The One Lesson You Have Learnt In Life That Has Stuck With You? by Cinema4d: 2:13pm On Apr 06, 2021
well, (sighs) one of the greatest lesson I've learnt so far in life is that, we don't mature with age, we mature with damage
Re: What Is The One Lesson You Have Learnt In Life That Has Stuck With You? by Michelle55: 4:31am On Apr 07, 2021
Never to look down on anyone no matter the position you've attained in life because tomorrow is truly pregnant and anyone's destiny can change within the twinkling of an eye.

1 Like

Re: What Is The One Lesson You Have Learnt In Life That Has Stuck With You? by healthbing(f): 6:53am On Apr 07, 2021
No situation or condition is permanent and time is the answer to all questions
Re: What Is The One Lesson You Have Learnt In Life That Has Stuck With You? by Bigmanpickin: 7:40am On Apr 07, 2021
Quit masturbation e get why
Re: What Is The One Lesson You Have Learnt In Life That Has Stuck With You? by Reex12(m): 10:28am On Apr 07, 2021
family is different from blood not everyone can be trusted
Re: What Is The One Lesson You Have Learnt In Life That Has Stuck With You? by Kobicove(m): 10:47am On Apr 07, 2021
Don't ever trust a Nigerian 100%!
Re: What Is The One Lesson You Have Learnt In Life That Has Stuck With You? by realman42: 12:15pm On Apr 07, 2021
Kobicove:
Don't ever trust a Nigerian 100%!
Don't trust any human 100%
Re: What Is The One Lesson You Have Learnt In Life That Has Stuck With You? by demmymoney(m): 12:20pm On Apr 07, 2021
Women can never love men like the way men love women

The Only female that can love me unconditionally is my mother
Re: What Is The One Lesson You Have Learnt In Life That Has Stuck With You? by baralatie(m): 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2021
richmond500:
I have learned how to give correct doggggyyy, slap the azz and shout fire fire firrrreee grin

OK seriously, I have learned that opportunity comes but not once, same opportunity can come in different ways, u just have to figure it and not make the same mistake again
grin
dude you missed the doggystyle 381 class again?
Re: What Is The One Lesson You Have Learnt In Life That Has Stuck With You? by baralatie(m): 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2021
put God first

(1) (Reply)

How I Turn Down A Mouth Watering Offer / How Did You Lay A Foreign Babe / A Lady That I Know Just Came Back From Runs Told Me That Her Doctor Says No Sex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.