Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Rudeboy: You Are An Illiterate If You Mock One For Sounding Igbotic, Yorubatic - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rudeboy: You Are An Illiterate If You Mock One For Sounding Igbotic, Yorubatic (21608 Views)

Don't Marry An Illiterate - Sandra Iheuwa Advises Single People / Naira Marley Blasts Those That Called Him An "Illiterate" (Video) / Paul Okoye Announces New Artiste To His Rudeboy Records Label (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rudeboy: You Are An Illiterate If You Mock One For Sounding Igbotic, Yorubatic by labelle123(f): 3:03pm On Apr 07, 2021
Nairalandian:
On point
Another thing that annoys me is the fact that parents of nowadays fail to teach their children their local languages.
We sef wey sabi speak, they'll look at us as local.
Just as Bella shmurda said

Our own language now sounds like vernacular to our ears

What rubbish angry
As I dey now, my dream is to japa, even if I japa
No matter the country wey I dey, my kids will speak Igbo.
If I move to USA, they'll speak Igbo with American accent
If I move to UK, they'll speak Igbo with British accent
If I move to Canada, they'll speak Igbo with Canadian accent.
. You nailed it

1 Like

Re: Rudeboy: You Are An Illiterate If You Mock One For Sounding Igbotic, Yorubatic by OlawaleBammie: 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2021
inumidun2010:
if I speak English and you don understand wetin I talk, Ces't fini... If I use Ogbomosho accent, Na your Problem be dat...
If you want me to form POSH, I sabi that one ehn....
That's how they will be singing in choir, you won't understand what they are singing.. They will now be furious complaining that the Sound Engineer lowered their MIC.. Aunty Sing, this is not KARAOKE or LIP SYNC

Ahahahahaha

See those choir matter eehn!!! A no dey hear anything dem dey say, many of times dem dey be kindergarten like noise makers to me cus a no dey hear any of their lines or lyrics.
Re: Rudeboy: You Are An Illiterate If You Mock One For Sounding Igbotic, Yorubatic by GEEBITE: 3:25pm On Apr 07, 2021
Oh Dudley up on the hills.
omonnakoda:
This is very ignorant
Britain has more that a dozen accents. Have you ever travelled across Britain?

I suggest you go to Dudley, Sunderland, Liverpool or Glasgow. There is nothing perfect about it.

The way people speak in Britain is largely determined by social class and schooling

The "best" accent would have to be the one most people understand. That would vary from country to country.

Since most English speakers can be found in Nigeria , India the US etc. The Nigerian accent would have to be one of the best
Re: Rudeboy: You Are An Illiterate If You Mock One For Sounding Igbotic, Yorubatic by King44(m): 3:36pm On Apr 07, 2021
Kondomatic:
Yes Chief.

Nairaland was actually very fun before
Legendary sir....
Re: Rudeboy: You Are An Illiterate If You Mock One For Sounding Igbotic, Yorubatic by ojonugwap(m): 3:40pm On Apr 07, 2021
Nigerian our own too much person will asked for your name when told them name like okechugwu, okpnachi, tarimotemi they'll be like don't you have an English name, me am not an English man story end...

1 Like

Re: Rudeboy: You Are An Illiterate If You Mock One For Sounding Igbotic, Yorubatic by briggson07(m): 6:27pm On Apr 07, 2021
Mother tongue interference na ur mate ?
Re: Rudeboy: You Are An Illiterate If You Mock One For Sounding Igbotic, Yorubatic by Richthekid: 8:46pm On Apr 07, 2021
Ok
Re: Rudeboy: You Are An Illiterate If You Mock One For Sounding Igbotic, Yorubatic by ElValiente(m): 8:57pm On Apr 07, 2021
LMS1:
Some Of Us That Grew Up Outside Nigeria And Above The Continent We Dont Sound Either Igbotic, Yorubatic, Hausatic Or Fulanitic,
Rather We Sound Slawomirrtic,
For Intance This Is How We Speak:
"Damn Nigaarr!,
Dont You Want Some Dope Powper Ina Fi Life?,
Hey Niggar, U Talking Bout Me?,
Stay Clear Niggar Cus Am A Bad B.itch And You Dont Wanna Bleep With Me,
Dude You Okay! Dont Cough Blood Ina Di Streets, Do yu Want The Cops To Trace Our Ass?
You Are Bomboclat Niggar!!
Bomboclat!!

Jor I Nor Well grin

Leave my guy ooo. Damn Niggar cheesy werey boy from Edo grin cheesy
Re: Rudeboy: You Are An Illiterate If You Mock One For Sounding Igbotic, Yorubatic by SURElee(f): 11:27pm On Apr 07, 2021
I agree. Is like complaining Salma Hayek and Penelope Cruz have accent. The same accent we Nigerians will admire as sexy when we listens o them but we berate our fellow Nigerians when they have accent
Re: Rudeboy: You Are An Illiterate If You Mock One For Sounding Igbotic, Yorubatic by DedeNkem: 9:02am On Apr 08, 2021
Your accent is a part of your identity. Don't lose it for someone's. As long as every sane person understands your English, you're good to go! Being able to communicate is far more important.

Americans don't want to speak like the Brit. Russians don't want to speak like the Brit.
The Dutch don't want to speak like the Brit.
The Chinese don't want to speak like the Brit.
The French don't want to speak like the Brit.
Arab don't want to speak like the Brit.

They all love their accents! So why shouldn't we? Inferiority complex is a disease in my book!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rudeboy: You Are An Illiterate If You Mock One For Sounding Igbotic, Yorubatic by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 14, 2021
The crazy thing is this same people will strain their ears to listen to chinese, koreans, Indians, Japs, French, Germans , Italians speak English with thick native accents. Although I notice accents and sometimes its hard to listen to but. Its very very foolish to judge anyone's level of education based on that. Very foolish and Nigerians do that a lot. We as Nigerians have our own accents minus the deep tribal/ ethnic one. So its just foolishness undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OJB Jezreel Sues Aproko247 For N100m Over Fake Story / Billionaire Prince Arthur Eze Receives His Brand New Private Jet (pictured) / Wande Coal Quits Mavin Records?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.