Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police (66152 Views)

Former IGP, Usman Baba Alkali, Is Running For Senate Under APC (Campaign Poster) / Profile Of DIG Egbetokun Olukayode Adeolu, Acting Inspector General Of Police / Graphic Photos Of Usman Umar Belel Killed During Shiite Protest In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by ultimateprof: 5:35pm On Apr 06, 2021
sammyj:
This is getting out of hand. Bubu should have nominated an Easterner to soften the heart of the so called unknown gunmen ravaging the region. This would have also brought about balance in the security hierarchy from all the regions !!! shocked shocked shocked I pity Buhari and his weak nepostic tendencies !!!

Are you sure that Buhari is aware of this appointment? He is not back yet and Osibanjo is also at Owrri.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by gbagyiza: 5:58pm On Apr 06, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:
The crusher have been a crush
This one don carry a biography
U think say na by biography

Seriously, all I see in his biography is finance n administration know-how. Politics apart, such a position should be given to someone that started from the bottom n rise to the top. Someone with a track record n visible achievements which include fieldwork experience. Somebody that has headed various critical assignment both outside/within the country n succeeded.
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by Charly68: 5:59pm On Apr 06, 2021
MAY GOD WORKS WITH YOU
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by FEGNO: 6:11pm On Apr 06, 2021
So it must be a Northerner? You want one Nigeria and yet do things that clearly show it does not exist
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by Newness2019: 6:18pm On Apr 06, 2021
ENTER ANOTHER INEFFICIENCY. AND THE BEATS GOES ON.
THE DAY OF RECKONING IS ON THE WAY.
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by CalmElder(m): 6:19pm On Apr 06, 2021
orohbiro:
Government for Fulani and by Fulani to Fulani. huhari has done well unlike goodluck who ass lick northerns during is time foolish man

He ass licked everyone. He was weak.
The only Nigerian leader he's better than is buhari and buhari alone.
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by Pharaoh4rin(m): 6:21pm On Apr 06, 2021
I miss Yinka Odumakin. Oya, Amaechi Anakwe (political platform) over to you.
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by planetx: 6:23pm On Apr 06, 2021
Bachelor's and master's from university of maiduguri and bayero university. They will graduate from all this glorified northern secondary schools masquerading as universities but will hold all the sensitive positions in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by duality(m): 6:26pm On Apr 06, 2021
TheCalculator:
The IGP in Owerri must be 'shocker' & 'confuser' than I am right now shocked

Clearly, some other persons control power bcoz the appointment is meant come from the VP in the absence of the president; I am sure he is also shocked that Nigeria just experienced her first ever Police coup

...'Bro, e choke o!, as an introvert, never have I been this embarrassed with so much stares & attention'; Shola said upon purchasing our utterly irresistible fragrances

Steal the spotlight at every occasion/event and make your presence felt even metres away with our 'head-turning' magnificent fragrances

All Nairalanders reviews my thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/5376666/french-designer-oil-perfume, is a testament to this!

Did Buhari hand over to the VP?
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by Adams47(m): 6:27pm On Apr 06, 2021
What we need first is to understand his profile, his antecedents and capacity to deliver on his mandate. It is not about his tribe, his religion but competence. Until we have sufficient and adequate information to question the above qualities, we should not just criticise the appointment on tribal and religious grounds. The truth is that he is qualified to be appointed as an IGP.
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 06, 2021
duality:

Did Buhari hand over to the VP?
But he presided over FEC abi NEC meeting - which is the highest in the country and is presided over by the highest citizen, except it was just ceremonial
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by techmo(m): 6:39pm On Apr 06, 2021
Kai IGP Adamu and Ibrahim Magu of EFCC can assassinate Buhari if they have the means.... Buhari used and dumped still went ahead to flush them down the pit
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by numericalguy(m): 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2021
sammyj:
This is getting out of hand. Bubu should have nominated an Easterner to soften the heart of the so called unknown gunmen ravaging the region. This would have also brought about balance in the security hierarchy from all the regions !!! shocked shocked shocked I pity Buhari and his weak nepostic tendencies !!!

The was how your lots were shouting imballlance in the Judiciary until terrorist organizations like CAN, IPOD, ESN etc were massively disgraced with facts.

Not only were there imballlances but the impression terrorist organizations like CAN, IPOD, ESN etc gave were evil.
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by duality(m): 6:48pm On Apr 06, 2021
TheCalculator:

But he presided over FEC abi NEC meeting - which is the highest in the country and is presided over by the highest citizen, except it was just ceremonial

He can preside over NEC even if Buhari is in Nigeria. it's simple deligation.

But the question is. Did Buhari formally hand over to his VP?

Don't argue if you don't know the answer.
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by Tareq1105: 6:53pm On Apr 06, 2021
kettykin:
Thank God Buhari removed the old ineffectual , inept IGP. I pray the new IGP will approach things differently and use intelligence to resolve this issue instead of giving foolish rash orders that will complicate issues

He cannot do anything special. They're all nepotism appointees.
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by Tareq1105: 6:58pm On Apr 06, 2021
duality:

He can preside over NEC even if Buhari is in Nigeria. it's simple deligation.

But the question is. Did Buhari formally hand over to his VP?

Don't argue if you don't know the answer.

No.

The implication is that he can see to the smooth running of the government but can't make appointment. It means the status quo cannot be altered.
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by Tareq1105: 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2021
numericalguy:

The was how your lots were shouting imballlance in the Judiciary until terrorist organizations like CAN, IPOD, ESN etc were massively disgraced with facts.

Not only were there imballlances but the impression terrorist organizations like CAN, IPOD, ESN etc gave were evil.

I won't argue with you bcoz you omitted MURIC, Arewa Youth, Hisba, etc.
We know your type.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by Tareq1105: 7:05pm On Apr 06, 2021
Adams47:
What we need first is to understand his profile, his antecedents and capacity to deliver on his mandate. It is not about his tribe, his religion but competence. Until we have sufficient and adequate information to question the above qualities, we should not just criticise the appointment on tribal and religious grounds. The truth is that he is qualified to be appointed as an IGP.

Let's clap for the new IG
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:17pm On Apr 06, 2021
A lot of ignorant comments here, and yet these ones too will join mouths to call Buhari an illiterate.

In case you don't know it, this appointment does not mean we have two IGPs.

This new man is merely in an acting position. There are reasons why acting positions are made.

One reason is if the main man is incompetent or incapacitated.

Another reason is if the main man is off-duty or on leave.

There are some other reasons.

NOTE: We don't have two IGPs.
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by Lymasaba(m): 7:22pm On Apr 06, 2021
planetx:
Bachelor's and master's from university of maiduguri and bayero university. They will graduate from all this glorified northern secondary schools masquerading as universities but will hold all the sensitive positions in Nigeria.
Name your university pls
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by Vic74real: 7:44pm On Apr 06, 2021
Don't think Osinbajo knew abt this appointment? Even with all the major positions going to the muslim North,it still remains one of the most unsafe,poor, endangered and backward places in d world.I don't bother again abt Buhari's nepotism and bigotry.Instead,I pity d North he thinks he is favouring! Useless people
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by numericalguy(m): 7:53pm On Apr 06, 2021
Tareq1105:

I won't argue with you bcoz you omitted MURIC, Arewa Youth, Hisba, etc.
We know your type.

MURIC gave you facts and your terrorist organizations like CAN-of-worms, ESN and IPOD could only weep like small babies.

Why would I argue with a small boy like you. Back up your mumu tales by moon light stories with facts or hide your head in shame.

You are filled with hatred that will consume you.
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by dam4sam: 8:00pm On Apr 06, 2021
Racoon:
Buhari cant just hide his nepotism for once.Govt of northern Nigeria.

I knew Buhari was looking for a way to elevate a Northerner to the Post, thus the dilly-dallying since the tenure of the Adamu came to an end.
There is an Igbo DIG of many years who is also a Phd holder, he is not qualified to be IGP because he is an Easterner but they had to quickly promote this Mallam Alkali to a DIG this last November, 2020 and the promotion is even yet to be ratified so technically, he is still an AIG but he is already the Acting IGP by Buhari, less than six Months later!
Not to mention that he does not have four years left on his Service record, to be considered for the post of IGP, as stipulated by the “Section 7(6) Police Act, 2020. he has just about two years left

Honestly, l am a proponent of One Nigeria but "as presently being run" by this Nepotistic Buhari, Nigeria MUST Regionalize or BreakUp.
Southerners cannot be turned to Slaves to less qualified Northerners or their career truncated for a dofus Northerner.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by Teenaira: 10:00pm On Apr 06, 2021
Xiaomi1:
What of his waec certificate?

I hope you are not looking for trouble
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by 1miccza: 2:02am On Apr 07, 2021
fergie001:
DIG Usman Alkali Baba, psc (+), fdc holds a Masters in Public Administration (MPA) and a BA (ED) in Political Science from the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) and Bayero University, Kano respectively.

He is a member of Course 22/2014, a fellow of National Defence Col!ege and a member of the International Association of Chiefs of Police.

DIG Alkali has attended several professional courses/workshops. He has held several strategic positions in the past.

“These include: Assistant Inspector-General of Police in-charge of Zone-5 Benin, Zone-4 Makurdi, Zone-7 Abuja, Commissioner of Police FCT and Delta Commands amongst others. Until his posting as the DIG in-charge Finance and Administration in November 2020, he was Force Secretary at the Force Headquarters, Abuja.

He was elevated Commissioner of Police on January 27, 2014 and
later Assistant Inspector-General of Police on July 12, 2016.

He was promoted Acting Deputy Inspector-General of Police in-charge of (Finance and Administration) in November 2020, and later
re-assigned to head the Force Criminal Investigation Department on December 18, 2020.

DIG Alkali (born March 01, 1963) hails from Geidam Local Government Area of Yobe State and enlisted into the Police Force on the 15th of March, 1988. He is married with children.

He is due for retirement on March 01, 2023.

I talk am say Dem dey wait to find out the nearest Hausa man to this one before dem comot am. The next IG go be Sani wey just join force two days ago
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by TalkTalkTwins(m): 11:27am On Apr 07, 2021
Let's watch to see how Usman Alkali Baba's regime will go shaa smiley
Re: Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police by Omodua(m): 1:04pm On Apr 07, 2021
DennisEche:
IGP ALKALI TOUGH MAN, I REMEMBER HIS DAYS WHEN HE WAS FORCE SEC
somebody I know well? He is a weakling! He can't make necessary changes to give the Force image lift.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zulum: Boko Haram Is Attacking People And You Are Collecting N1,000 Per Car / List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) / President Buhari Steps Down From A Camouflaged Armored Car (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.