Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? (1589 Views)

Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? / Has Christianity Improved You As A Person? / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 18, 2011
these two religions claim to preach peace
but what do we find today?
sectarianism and unfairness, violence everywhere
these religions are meant to keep us in peace but see whats happening today.
i am beginning to think they have failed us. What do you think?
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by SexyDuby(f): 4:54pm On Apr 18, 2011
Islam might have failed u but im definitely sure CHRISTIANITY can never fail anyone tongue tongue
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 18, 2011
they have failed us and i think its high time they took their crusade back to Europe and mid- east where they came from and leave we black people alone!
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by Sweetnecta: 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Poser; sexyduby doesn't know what she is saying. i have never seen a christian that know what he or she is to do. turn the other cheek? forget, instead pre emptive strike as bush did with baseless lies for his reason.

an eye for an eye, as soon as the chance to hurt anyone is presented.

my answer is that the practitioners of the two religions have failed us.

the religions, for sure one is true or both are false have not failed us, because if you truly follow what islam says, you may not turn the other cheek, because it is truly not practical and definitely foolish, but you will not start any aggression and will not continue to fight when youe opponent seek peace from you.

true muslim is rare.

i also believe the same for christians because i do think anyone has ever turned the other cheek.

@sexyduby; what reason do you have for what you wrote?
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by manmustwac(m): 6:43pm On Apr 18, 2011
souldust:

Exactly we have enough problems with too many tribes different cultures languages and beliefs so when you throw two imported religions into the mix what do you expect. Religion dose not unite people. It divides people.
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
@posters, I think we can all agree that Religion (Islam/Christianity/Others) is a personal issue/experience that must be placed in the same bucket as Fanship of Man.U or Chelsea or Barcelona Fc. As much as we aspire or purpose our intent to massing a fellowship or brotherhood of like "Religious Minds" in the end, it is still a personal choice, We cannot continue to allow the delusion of a "so-called" zealots, fanatics and extremists form the reference point of how our own personal experience with God is to be interpreted.

In the end, we are all humans created by God (Atheist not included  grin) so why must we generalize about a Religion because of the Character of some stank Muslim or Christian groups that choose to interpret the very words of God whichever way they please.

If Religion has failed you, perhaps you should consider this, is Religion the only path to your problem? is God found in the passages of a Book written by Men Centuries past or in the lessons learned
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by Kay17: 8:43pm On Apr 18, 2011
^^^wonderful post
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by thehomer: 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2011
souldust:

Those religions have no choice but to fail because they were developed when adequate knowledge was scarce. Now that we have enough knowledge to jettison them, some still strongly hold on to them. This of course leads to the problem of trying to resolve modern problems using outdated and in some cases clearly atrocious modes of thinking.

1 Like

Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by phreakabit(m): 10:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
@ Poster Christianity is a way of life and the Muslims will tell you the same about Islam! Its a choice we made!
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by phreakabit(m): 10:10pm On Apr 18, 2011
souldust:

they have failed us and i think its high time they took their crusade back to Europe and mid- east where they came from and leave we black people alone!

BTW get your facts right! I am not BLACK! I am African, and should be refereed to as ebony in nature, not BLACK! I don't want to sound deluded but most things associated with BLACK are evil or bad! Your hair is color black your skin is not!
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by harakiri(m): 1:15am On Apr 19, 2011
Christianity,Islam and other religious sects are all shams and little by little, the veil is lifting from the eyes of the people. It's unfortunate that the greater proportion of the masses are reetarded brainwashed zombies who are easily influenced and carried away. You will know the reetards by observing those who will respond negatively to what i just typed.
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:15pm On Apr 19, 2011
YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM HAVE FAILED US NIGERIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry

it was brought to us by those effin slave tradin arabs n europeans, angry angry angry angry

ME! I AM AA PROUD HAUSA AND A PROUD MAGUZAWA!!!!!!!! [color=#770077][/color]i follow my traditional beliefs and no ones mother dares to convert me or my people because we still retain our ancestors dignity and the noble religion of time immortal.

its time everyone, not just hausa, but ALL 9ja unite by reverting back to our african traditional relgions and cultures and stop fighting among ourselves just because of some carpenter fella who nailed himself to aa piece of wood and a fanatic village preaceher from the rural illiterate depths of the camel-countries, wink
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by Joagbaje(m): 10:26pm On Apr 19, 2011
We are not supposed to wait for what Christianity will do for us. God is rather concerned about what we do with Christianity
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by yommyuk: 11:11pm On Apr 19, 2011
Christianity never failed us, it is mankind that have failed christianity sad
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:15am On Apr 20, 2011
Of course, they failed us. They are a total failure in their alleged task of making mankind get back to oneness with it's creator.
souldust:

Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:17am On Apr 20, 2011
This one has to be one of the most ludicrous statements i have ever heard,  and i have heard many.
yommyuk:

Christianity never failed us, it is mankind that have failed christianity sad
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:20am On Apr 20, 2011
Good on you, pal. My first time of actually hearing from a hausa pagan, btw.
PAGAN  9JA:

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM HAVE FAILED US NIGERIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry

it was brought to us by those effin slave tradin arabs n europeans,  angry angry angry angry

ME! I AM AA PROUD HAUSA AND A PROUD MAGUZAWA!!!!!!!! [color=#770077][/color]i follow my traditional beliefs and no ones mother dares to convert me or my people because we still retain our ancestors dignity and the noble religion of time immortal.

its time everyone, not just hausa, but ALL 9ja unite by reverting back to our african traditional relgions and cultures and stop fighting among ourselves just because of some carpenter fella who nailed himself to aa piece of wood and a fanatic village preaceher from the rural illiterate depths of the camel-countries,  wink
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 20, 2011
they were developed when adequate knowledge was scarce
you talk true jare

BTW get your facts right! I am not BLACK! I am African, and should be refereed to as ebony in nature, not BLACK! I don't want to sound deluded but most things associated with BLACK are evil or bad! Your hair is color black your skin is not!
dey waste your time
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by ooman(m): 6:46pm On Apr 20, 2011
Bleep Islam. Without Islam, the will be peaceful
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by ooman(m): 6:49pm On Apr 20, 2011
Bleep Islam. Without Islam, the world will be peaceful
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by Sweetnecta: 4:53am On Apr 21, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ double take, double post, double sour grapes.

islam will be here long after you, even if you hate it.
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by SexyDuby(f): 3:29pm On Apr 21, 2011
Is Islam a religion? Pscheeeeew tongue tongue tongue I so detest that religion wit a passion
Sweetnecta:

islam will be here long after you, even if you hate it.
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by benodic: 3:52pm On Apr 21, 2011
@ poster

religion did not fail anyone. rather it is the followers who have failed themselves and failed God.
the holy books serve as a guide to the Holy spirit within all souls that teaches you all truth.
it is left for us humans to practice the spiritual exercises stipulated in the holy books in order to make contact with the holy spirit then does transformation comes in your life.
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by yommyuk: 9:14pm On Apr 21, 2011
benodic:

@ poster

religion did not fail anyone. rather it is the followers who have failed themselves and failed God.
the holy books serve as a guide to the Holy spirit within all souls that teaches you all truth.
it is left for us humans to practice the spiritual exercises stipulated in the holy books in order to make contact with the holy spirit then does transformation comes in your life.
kiss
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 22, 2011
SexyDuby:

Islam might have failed u but I'm definitely sure CHRISTIANITY can never fail anyone  tongue tongue

SMH
It's ignorant comments like Duby's along with historical events that have taken place makes me say 'YES' to the topic.

This "us against them" mentality is just heart breaking. All religions that worship a divine entity or supreme being
for the most part have the same foundation and principles. If you are praising a creator of Love, Respect, and recognition
of Humanity, why should we be apart or enemies because I call him A, you call him B? I wear this style of clothes, and you wear
yours another way? It's disheartening to see how sour ppl have gone in regardless to their judgment and relationship with other
human beings in the name of religion and division.
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by thehomer: 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2011
Joagbaje:

We are not supposed to wait for what Christianity will do for us. God is rather concerned about what we do with Christianity

God has turned Kennedy? Remember that this Kennedy was assassinated.
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by dare2think: 10:17pm On Apr 22, 2011
@ thehomer

that dude just keeps surprising me. Imagin using a Kennedy line and then attributing it to God. Pathetic.

@ Joaagbaje

How do you know what is on God's mind? did he confide in you.

@ Post

the concept of religion never failed anyone it's the humans that handles these concepts that abuse and inevitably fail themselves.
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by olawalebabs(m): 10:48am On Apr 23, 2011
Islam has never fail and will never fail. If you want to see those that has fail us, some of them are on this thread
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by benodic: 7:44pm On Apr 23, 2011
@ MzDarkSkin (f)

This "us against them" mentality is just heart breaking. All religions that worship a divine entity or supreme being
for the most part have the same foundation and principles. If you are praising a creator of Love, Respect, and recognition
of Humanity, why should we be apart or enemies because I call him A, you call him B? I wear this style of clothes, and you wear
yours another way? It's disheartening to see how sour ppl have gone in regardless to their judgment and relationship with other
human beings in the name of religion and division.

thank you so much my sister for your wonderful contribution. if we can have more people in this world with your mindset, we would be witnessing a golden age on earth today instead of the carnage being visited on us by people who do not even know the core tenets of their religion.

may God continue to preserve and protect us from religious bigots.
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:52pm On Apr 23, 2011
Good on you, pal. My first time of actually hearing from a hausa pagan, btw.
'

ya n im certainly gnna be d last if u guyz dont do nuthin to save ""our"" traditional culture// sad
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by PLENTYNAIR(m): 12:27am On Apr 24, 2011
CHRISTIANITY HAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER FAIL ANYONE.

IF YOU THINK IT HAS FAILED YOU, THEN YOUR FAITH WAS NOT IN GOD'S WORD.
Re: Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? by Sweetnecta: 3:09am On Apr 24, 2011
@Sexyduby;« #21 on: April 21, 2011, 03:29 PM »
[Quote] Is Islam a religion? Pscheeeeew Tongue Tongue Tongue I so detest that religion wit a passion
Quote from: Sweetnecta on April 21, 2011, 04:53 AM

islam will be here long after you, even if you hate it.[/Quote]Deen is religion or way or path of divine purpose. Denying Islam is impossible because you are so animated by it. Detesting Islam is what comes before the love, falling head over heels.

Again, relax. you will live long to ripe old age.And after you are gone, Islam will remain. my prayer is that you do realize Islam before your final hour because when that reality sets in, the only thing is that one bites down a hot burning finger, thou it will be seen by the biter and no one else.

Hellfire consume vigorously.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am God, I Make Peace And Create Evil? / Muslim Woman Tells The Truth About Islam / The Rich Man(judah) And Lazarus(the Gentile): Revealing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.