Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? (2378 Views)

What Has Christianity Done To Islam? / Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? / Has Christianity Improved You As A Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by mazaje(m): 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
Why are most Jews not Christians?. . . .Who really started Christianity?. . ..
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2013
Most Yorubas do not take Shango seriously. Probably because they know their ancestors where making stuff up.

Replace Yorubas with Jews, and Shango with Jesus. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 06, 2013
Oba so, Obama ko so.

Shango is a historical figure, but is it believable or credible that he turned into a diety and started sending thunderbolts to kill his enemies?

Jesus could be a historical figure, but is it believable or credible that he was a product of a god f#cking a virgin?

1 Like

Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by mazaje(m): 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
Martian: Oba so, Obama ko so.

Shango is a historical figure, but is it believable or credible that he turned into a diety and started sending thunderbolts to kill his enemies?

Jesus could be a historical figure, but is it believable or credible that he was a product of a god f#cking a virgin?

Roger. . .
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 06, 2013
do you believe the following?

Yesterday I saw a leprechaun who turned 2 catfish into 10 catfish, then we rode on the backs of unicorns to the land at the end of the rainbow. There I was, hunting with Cupid and a gang of angels, we shot arrows at Capricorns and drank Jesus juice out of the horns of heavenly bulls.
Then Jesus said to me, I am the way, the life and the truth. He who believes you, attains eternal life.

Do you have faith that I'm telling the truth?

3 Likes

Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by mazaje(m): 5:34pm On Aug 06, 2013
Martian: do you believe the following?

Yesterday I saw a leprechaun who turned 2 catfish into 10 catfish, then we rode on the backs of unicorns to the land at the end of the rainbow. There I was, hunting with Cupid and a gang of angels, we shot arrows at Capricorns and drank Jesus juice out of the horns of heavenly bulls.
Then Jesus said to me, I am the way, the life and the truth. He who believes you, attains eternal life.

Many people believe more weird stuffs than this just because some unknown men that lived long ago wrote them. . .people believe such tales because of indoctrination and conditioning of religion. . .religion itself is soft, and offers warm comfort from the harsh realities of life. Since the world is not soft or warm most times, people tend to hug the warn tales and offers religion promises its adherent. . . Just like small frightened children hiding from monsters beneath their blankets. It may feel safe and effectively ward off imaginary demons, but won't do shit against the real dangers of life. That is what religion is and that is why people believe ridiculous absurdities. . .Virgin birth, ascension, talking donkeys, etc etc. . .
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
mazaje: Why are most Jews not Christians?. . . .Who really started Christianity?. . ..
On the surface level(that is if there is even a deep level), this question is directed to the wrong people.
I think it is sensible to ask the igbos, not the yorubas, why the majority do not worship amadioha anymore.
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by mazaje(m): 5:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
Reyginus: On the surface level(that is if there is even a deep level), this question is directed to the wrong people.
I think it is sensible to ask the igbos, not the yorubas, why the majority do not worship amadioha anymore.

Martins has answered that. . It is very easy for the Igbos to see that Amadioha is a made up entity. . .
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by deSika(m): 6:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
Question is are there christian jews today. The answer is yes

another question is did the jews as a whole welcome even Jesus himself. As in take to his message. The answer is no.
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 06, 2013
Martian: do you believe the following?

Hahaha...this guy is Maaaaad! grin grin grin
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by mazaje(m): 6:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
deSika: Question is are there christian jews today. The answer is yes

another question is did the jews as a whole welcome even Jesus himself. As in take to his message. The answer is no.

Mohammed was an arab, most arabs agre muslims. . .

Founder of Hinduism was Hindi, most indians are Hindus

Buddah was from Nepal, most Nepalese are Buddhist. .

Jesus was a Jew, most Jews are not christians. . .

1 Like

Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:17pm On Aug 06, 2013
The Jew know clearly that christianity is a big fraud.

It is most likely that the Ebionites were the first follower of christ since they believed Jesus was the messiah and observed Jewish traditions but rejected the pagan elements such as virgin birth and resurrection which were added by Paul who had a Roman upbringing.

yeah...christianity was created by paul. It is paul.....the name of religion should be paulism and the adherents should be called paulist , just like islam should be called muhamadism and its adherent muhamadist
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by plaetton: 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2013
Reyginus: On the surface level(that is if there is even a deep level), this question is directed to the wrong people.

Igbos still worship Amadioha. Even some igbos no longer do, their forefathers did at some point.
Also, am not aware of any foreign nations worshipping Amadioha.

Jesus, on the hand, was never ever acknowledged, let alone worshipped by Jews.

1 Like

Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:25pm On Aug 06, 2013

Every questions standing against your faith is wrong, not logical and containing irrationality. Just answer the OP or move away
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 06, 2013
mazaje:

Martins has answered that. . It is very easy for the Igbos to see that Amadioha is a made up entity. . .
The igbos or majority of the igbos?
While some have found a new faith others still see reason in serving the deity.
Another thing is, if you accept that the majority has found out it is a made up entity, would you also concede then that the new found faith is factual?
Mind you, denying that it is factual will make the point you're trying to make with the jews meaningless.
You could also say that none of them makes sense. This would be the height of irrationality.
Because a question now begs, why trying to compare them in the first place if you'd not consider any one among them to be true?
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 06, 2013
plaetton:

Igbos still worship Amadioha. Even some igbos no longer do, their forefathers did at some point.

I still think other nations worship amadioha. It is the name they call him that is different.
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Every questions standing against your faith is wrong, not logical and containing irrationality. Just answer the OP or move away
Please allow me discuss with people who are ready to reason.
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by mazaje(m): 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2013
plaetton:

LOL!
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by mazaje(m): 6:41pm On Aug 06, 2013
Reyginus: I still think other nations worship amadioha. It is the name they call him that is different.

What other nations?. . .
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
And why would a Jew wish to become a Christian ? Jesus was a practising Jew who came to fulfil the law, albeit he preached a more tolerant version. If he arrived today he would likely not set foot in any so-called ''Church'' he would look for the nearest Synagogue to worship. Christianity today bears little resemblance to what Jesus taught. If you take away the synoptics there is virtually nothing left of Jesus in the NT, it is all letters to, from, about or in reply to Paul of Tarsus, who never actually met Jesus and simply invented Christianity. He tells his confidante, (2 Timothy 2:8 NIV) ''Remember Jesus Christ raised from the dead, descended from David, this is MY Gospel.''
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
@Mazaje why don't you answer the question,if you really have the answers.
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by shdemidemi(m): 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
Christianity has failed among the Jews because Christianity is primarily for non-Jews.
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by mazaje(m): 7:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
Bidam: @Mazaje why don't you answer the question,if you really have the answers.

Just asking. . .I have my own theory but then I want to hear the opinion of others. .
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by segunEGBEYINKA: 8:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
The Jews basically see Jesus as their brother, 'Is he not that boy whose father was a carpenter', so it is difficult for them to accept him as being divine or to pray through him. Read this blog; olusegunegbeyinka. to find very insightful commentaries about religion and all that surrounds it.
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 06, 2013
mazaje:

What other nations?. . .
Amadioha is the igbo name for the god of thunder and lightening.
Yorubas call him sango.
Wherever in the world you hear of a people worshipping the god of thunder, the spirit of amadioha or sango calls to mind.
Just like God is called chukwu, olodumare, ubangidi etc
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 06, 2013
What do you have to say about the below.
Reyginus: The igbos or majority of the igbos?
While some have found a new faith others still see reason in serving the deity.
Another thing is, if you accept that the majority has found out it is a made up entity, would you also concede then that the new found faith is factual?
Mind you, denying that it is factual will make the point you're trying to make with the jews meaningless.
You could also say that none of them makes sense. This would be the height of irrationality.
Because a question now begs, why trying to compare them in the first place if you'd not consider any one among them to be true?

Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by noblefada: 8:37pm On Aug 06, 2013
I'm quite amazed about these atheists obsession with xtianity? well @mazaje why not answer the question are there Jews who are xtians today and 2 did all the Jews believe Jesus when he was alive?
Listen let me tell all u atheists that all ur lies and propaganda will never work, the bible is fail prove. Imagine some1 saying Paul created xtianity! let me tell u, every thing written in the NT were predicted all thru out the OT, several centuries b4 they even happened and that's why the bible is fail prove. Might interest u guys to know that all of Paul's writings were from the OT, but I guess u guys are too ignorant of the bible to know that. Pls find another propaganda this not working.
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by mazaje(m): 9:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
noblefada: I'm quite amazed about these atheists obsession with xtianity? well @mazaje why not answer the question are there Jews who are xtians today and 2 did all the Jews believe Jesus when he was alive?
Listen let me tell all u atheists that all ur lies and propaganda will never work, the bible is fail prove. Imagine some1 saying Paul created xtianity! let me tell u, every thing written in the NT were predicted all thru out the OT, several centuries b4 they even happened and that's why the bible is fail prove. Might interest u guys to know that all of Paul's writings were from the OT, but I guess u guys are too ignorant of the bible to know that. Pls find another propaganda this not working.

The church fathers, like Papias, Irenaeus, Clement of Rome etc created christianity as we know it today. . .The Jews say that nothing in the OT speaks about anything in the NT, rabbis say that Jesus was never predicted in the OT, christians are just making things up. .very few Jews are christians. . .Majority and not christians. . .Majority are either atheist or practice Judaism. . .
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
mazaje:

The church fathers, like Papias, Irenaeus, Clement of Rome etc created christianity as we know it today. . .The Jews say that nothing in the OT speaks about anything in the NT, rabbis say that Jesus was never predicted in the OT, christians are just making things up. .very few Jews are christians. . .Majority and not christians. . .Majority are either atheist or practice Judaism. . .
The bolded is outside the scope of the bible,can i see a proof of this?
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by JesusisLord85: 10:11pm On Aug 06, 2013
mazaje: Why are most Jews not Christians?. . . .Who really started Christianity?. . ..

Think about that question. Jews are Judeans, They worship Yahweh. They know the Torah and the prophets. How can they accept the Messiah the Christians present, when he is not the one I read about in the bible.
The messiah that they claim came to do away with the Torah, Yahweh's instructions in righteousness.
If that were to happen, the prophets would have foretold. They did no such thing.
The whole bible was written by Jews, yet Christiasn claim there is a new religion.
The church today sprang out of Rome. Let me give you biblical insight into this empire that reigned in the time of Christ:

Acts 16: 20 And brought them to the magistrates, saying, These men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city,21 And teach customs, which are not lawful for us to receive, neither to observe, being Romans.22 And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them.23 And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely:24 Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.

So the customs of the Jews was at odds with the Romans. Do you not find it odd that this same Rome is where most of your church doctrine came from?

The Jews largely rejected Christ as the Messiah. So very soon, the number of proselytes outgrew the number of jewish believers. You can only imagine it would not take long for these former pagans to go back to old ways, especially when they outnumbered the Jews.

Do research on early church councils, and you will see they forced the early believers (Jew and convert) to stop observing the law. Saw a nice post today about this from Bidam, maybe he will repost if you ask nicely.

Shalom
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 06, 2013

this is a question that is borne of complete ignorance. The answer to this question is squarely in the bible.
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by noblefada: 11:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
mazaje:

The church fathers, like Papias, Irenaeus, Clement of Rome etc created christianity as we know it today. . .The Jews say that nothing in the OT speaks about anything in the NT, rabbis say that Jesus was never predicted in the OT, christians are just making things up. .very few Jews are christians. . .Majority and not christians. . .Majority are either atheist or practicee Judaism. . .
HaHa, really laughing now, first it was Paul that created xtianity now its the Romans, why are u confused.
Now I guess u talk or read from a fake rabbi because there hundreds of scriptures reference abt Christ in the OT, I mean so much it will blow ur mind, Jesus and even the devil quoted from the OT. You see the Jews are still waiting for the messiah so its either the rabbi lied or ur misinformed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Angel Flying In Ghana (photos) / I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs / Photo: Olumba Olumba Obu Consecrates 214 New Bishops And 2 Arch-bishops.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.