Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next (21198 Views)

Please I Need Advise On Any Soft Skills To Do As A Side Hustle / The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. / Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by HighStar01: 7:38am On Apr 07, 2021
Dear nairalanders,
I am a 40 year old man without a job, home or family.

I graduated from army day secondary School in the year 2000 and immediately joined the army in 2001 at the age of 17 claiming to be 18 and even bought and wrote the Nigerian defense academy exams while still in training in 2001.

I passed out as one of the best recruits and was posted the corps of military police and appointed Lance copral. I was posted to one of the most dangerous division where I continued to trying to get into the NDA and at the same time further my studies.

I wrote jamb and scored 252, was given admission to study law but the army turned it down and since I have no other means of finance I have to continue with the rigrous job.

There are so many instances where I could have lost my life but God saved me.

I was later victimized and dismissed for permitting the escape of a detainee in 2009.

I sold up all my properties including land trying to get justice since I have just five years to retire. I was fortunate enough to be employed in the federal road safety corps in 2011.

I worked for about six months when I was called back by the army. Since I have just a few years before pensionable retirement, I obliged and was deployed to the North East.

We were later court martialled and dismissed for failure to perform military duties, disobedience to a particular order and insubordination.

Ever since then I have searched for job to no avail. My wife has left with my child. My family has deserted me that I was warned to remain in frsc and not to return to the army.

I have even attempted suicide before I was rescued. Sometimes I ask God if he wants me to be a pastor. I even prayed for a dieing Man to test my faith.

I have struggled I in this life and done so many odd jobs which I would not mention.

My question is what did God want me to be.

Pls. I need your urgent advise and attention because am frustrated. Thanks.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by HighStar01: 8:02am On Apr 07, 2021
HighStar01:
Dear nairalanders, I am a 40 year old man without a job, home or family. I graduated from army day secondary School in the year 2000 and immediately joined the army in 2001 at the age of 17 claiming to be 18 and even bought and wrote the Nigerian defense academy exams while still in training in 2001. I passed out as one of the best recruits and was posted the corps of military police and appointed Lance copral. I was posted to one of the most dangerous division where I continued to trying to get into the NDA and at the same time further my studies. I wrote jamb and scored 252, was given admission to study law but the army turned it down and since I have no other means of finance I have to continue with the rigrous job. There are so many instances where I could have lost my life but God saved me. I was later victimized and dismissed for permitting the escape of a detainee in 2009. I sold up all my properties including land trying to get justice since I have just five years to retire. I was fortunate enough to be employed in the federal road safety corps in 2011. I worked for about six months when I was called back by the army. Since I have just a few years before pensionable retirement, I obliged and was deployed to the North East. We were later court martialled and dismissed for failure to perform military duties, disobedience to a particular order and insubordination. Ever since then I have searched for job to no avail. My wife has left with my child. My family has deserted me that I was warned to remain in frsc and not to return to the army. I have even attempted suicide before I was rescued. Sometimes I ask God if he wants me to be a pastor. I even prayed for a dieing Man to test my faith. I have struggled I in this life and done so many odd jobs which I would not mention. My question is what did God want me to be. Pls. I need your urgent advise and attention because am frustrated. Thanks.
Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by qualityalone: 8:03am On Apr 07, 2021
talk to ur pastor..... follow his instructions and it shall be well with u

12 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by Sammy07: 8:04am On Apr 07, 2021
Omo, your case strong ooo shocked
Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by HighStar01: 8:13am On Apr 07, 2021
qualityalone:
talk to ur pastor..... follow his instructions and it shall be well with u
I have been to many churches to no avail. presently I don't have a church I attended regularly.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by Barbiturate(m): 8:16am On Apr 07, 2021
I'll blame you for leaving FRSC and going back to the same army that court marshalled/dismissed you.
But no need crying over spilled milk. Let bygone be bygone.

Pick up the pieces of your life. Do any job you can lay your hands on. Find a woman that can manage with you. Love again. Be happy bro. Life's short. You won't live forever. Even the richest man will leave the world without his wealth. Your situation is not the worse. I am also 40 without anything or family, but I am a happy man, and I am striving to have something and a family.

Forget the lady that left you. She doesn't love you. When your child grows, he/she will look for you.

Dont have regrets. Forget your past and move on. Life goes on.

Be strong brother. God loves you

312 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by 99thEnemy(m): 8:19am On Apr 07, 2021
lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by HighStar01: 8:26am On Apr 07, 2021
Barbiturate:
I'll blame you for leaving FRSC and going back to the same army that court marshalled/dismissed you.
But no need crying over spilled milk. Let bygone be bygone.

Pick up the pieces of your life. Do any job you can lay your hands on. Find a woman that can manage with you. Love again. Be happy bro. Life's short. You won't live forever. Even the richest man will leave the world without his wealth. Your situation is not the worse. I am also 40 without anything or family, but I am a happy man, and I am striving to have something and a family.

Forget the lady that left you. She doesn't love you. When your child grows, he/she will look for you.

Dont have regrets. Forget your past and move on. Life goes on.

Be strong brother. God loves you
Thanks my brother.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by qualityalone: 8:29am On Apr 07, 2021
HighStar01:
I have been to many churches to no avail. presently I don't have a church I attended regularly.
just try to stick to one man of God ur spirit accept....I was almost useless in 2016 until I met this pastor that God used to change my story.....pray that God should direct u to ur own prophet

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by Edondo2018: 9:38am On Apr 07, 2021
Where is your present location?
Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by HighStar01: 9:42am On Apr 07, 2021
Edondo2018:
Where is your present location?
Bayelsa
Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by Igbankpa(m): 10:47am On Apr 07, 2021
17 in 2001, currently 40 years in 2021 and have just 5 years to retire in my father's army that requires 35 years of service before retirement. so many irregularities in this your story. if you were 17 in 2001 then you should be about 37 now and the issue of having just 5 years left to retire from the NA is not possible cos from the time of enlistment till now you must have spent just 20 years in service with 15yrs left before retirement. Just saying sir.

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by ifeoluwapo25977: 11:31am On Apr 07, 2021
:talk to ur pastor..... follow his instructions and it shall be well with u I have been to many churches to no avail. presently I don't have a church I attended regularly.
Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by johnpaschal(m): 11:32am On Apr 07, 2021
Igbankpa:
17 in 2001, currently 40 years in 2021 and have just 5 years to retire in my father's army that requires 35 years of service before retirement. so many irregularities in this your story. if you were 17 in 2001 then you should be about 37 now and the issue of having just 5 years left to retire from the NA is not possible cos from the time of enlistment till now you must have spent just 20 years in service with 15yrs before retirement. Just saying sir.

15 years in service is enough to apply for retirement.....35 years is when it's compulsory to retire. But now 5 more years have been added.... So his story might have been shortened for obvious reasons.

Op can you WhatsApp

62 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by jeph19(m): 4:27pm On Apr 07, 2021
Dear sir,
i pray you find the peace you seek. But can't get them until you come back to GOD.
IMO
1. Pray and ask God for mercy, then ask him for direction.
2 If you can meet with Apst. Suleiman in Auchi, he'd be of great assisstance financially and spiritually/
stop looking at the past,as it will lead to SUICIDAL THOUGHTS AND DEPRESSION, as for your child, he/she will come back when it's timefor reconciliation
3. Pick up from where you are...relocate if need be...go to
...Come to winners chapel state church at water resourcees in warri, ask to see the resident pastor, he can help with accommodation, average pay job and spiritual cover...
you'll prevail sir.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by HighStar01: 2:22am On Apr 08, 2021
Igbankpa:
17 in 2001, currently 40 years in 2021 and have just 5 years to retire in my father's army that requires 35 years of service before retirement. so many irregularities in this your story. if you were 17 in 2001 then you should be about 37 now and the issue of having just 5 years left to retire from the NA is not possible cos from the time of enlistment till now you must have spent just 20 years in service with 15yrs before retirement. Just saying sir.
I was replying you before my phone went off. When I joined the army I/we signed ten years with the colours and three years reserve ask any oymy regulars. but I said am about 40 years which is not expected to be the beginning of life because soldiering is the real test of manhood.

6 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by HighStar01: 2:30am On Apr 08, 2021
Igbankpa:
I f you are not a sldr. or my regular and u dontd want to give me an advice pls don't try to dispute me cause am different from you.
Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by Nobody: 2:34am On Apr 08, 2021
HighStar01:
I was replying you before my phone went off. When I joined the army I/we signed ten years with the colours and three years reserve ask any oymy regulars. but I said am about 40 years which is not expected to be the beginning of life because soldiering is the real test of manhood.
You said "I am 40.." and not I'm about 40 years old, anyway that's not the issue. You should've stayed put in FRSC.

This is a hard time but be strong.

9 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by HighStar01: 2:40am On Apr 08, 2021
johnpaschal:

15 years in service is enough to apply for retirement.....35 years is when it's compulsory to retire. But now 5 more years have been added.... So his story might have been shortened for obvious reasons.

Op can you WhatsApp
I will try and dowkdown the app.Am not used to such things even this nairalanders am using it for the first time and am trying to follow through.
Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by HighStar01: 2:41am On Apr 08, 2021
johnpaschal:

Op can you WhatsApp
I will try and download the app.Am not used to such things even this nairaland am using it for the first time and am trying to follow through.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by HighStar01: 2:56am On Apr 08, 2021
jeph19:
Dear sir,
i pray you find the peace you seek. But can't get them until you come back to GOD.
IMO
2 If you can meet with Apst. Suleiman in Auchi, he'd be of great assisstance financially and spiritually/
stop looking at the past,as it will lead to SUICIDAL THOUGHTS AND DEPRESSION, as for your child, he/she will come back when it's timefor reconciliation
...Come to winners chapel state church at water resourcees in warri, ask to see the resident pastor, he can help with accommodation, average pay job and spiritual cover...
you'll prevail sir.
I don't think I I did anything wrong to God neither did my late father who was very close to me. I normally do good without anybody's notice. and I will not like to expanciate. Thanks. Meeting with apostle Sulemam is personally is very difficult as I have been to Synagogue and Mercy Land without the pastor's noticing me. Thanks.
Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by HighStar01: 3:06am On Apr 08, 2021
jeph19:
Dear sir,
IMO
you'll prevail sir.
As of now I don't have the resources to come to warri I don't like to inconvenience my regus, but I will try if you can assure me and give me the days that I can stay before seeing the pastor. For my church is Deeper life bible church and am not seeing any difference after attending other churches

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by HighStar01: 3:11am On Apr 08, 2021
HighStar01:
It was Obasanjo that extended it to fifteen years. My regulars can not challenge me. I trained for nine months and am the youngest.
Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by johnpaschal(m): 7:58am On Apr 08, 2021
HighStar01:
I will try and download the app.Am not used to such things even this nairaland am using it for the first time and am trying to follow through.

When you do add me on this number 0817___0219__620 for WhatsApp
Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by Xedmark: 10:35am On Apr 08, 2021
The only thing u need is spiritual direction. Jumping from pastors to churches or crusade ground won't yield any result. how will u be directed? U heard the voice at the beginning of your life but you never listen. Interesting, now u need direction without the director. No prophet or pastor can hear or receive accurately on your behalf until u begin to admit your flaws and error. Your wife never left u just because u have no job, u know exactly what happened? Open your eyes and ears,God want to speak if u can listen. Ministry or Calling is the last thing right now, Ur location and contacts deformed u.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by Skillsnigeria: 10:55am On Apr 08, 2021
It is well, this your case strong o
Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by Igbankpa(m): 1:13pm On Apr 08, 2021
HighStar01:
You still didn't say nothing sir! and since when did nigerian army introduce contractual enlistment? as far as I know it's 35 years of service with option of voluntary retirement and believe me I'm speaking from a place of authority haven been in the barracks all my life. if you had said you intended opting for voluntary retirement after the said time that would have been understandable. well I'm done with this ish so just do your thing and I hope you find that which you seek thats if it's actually genuine.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by BigYash: 1:45pm On Apr 08, 2021
Igbankpa:
You still didn't say nothing sir! and since when did nigerian army introduce contractual enlistment? as far as I know it's 35 years of service with option of voluntary retirement and believe me I'm speaking from a place of authority haven been in the barracks all my life. if you had said you intended opting for voluntary retirement after the said time that would have been understandable. well I'm done with this ish so just do your thing and I hope you find that which you seek thats if it's actually genuine.
Your own sef too much. He is asking for advice and not someone to investigate his life. Some of this nairalanders sef...

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by gideonvalor98(m): 6:57pm On Apr 09, 2021
Why can't you apply as bouncers or personal security guard or intelligent security personnel in some of these private security agencies. I am sure with your military background, you will be paid well and God's willing, you can from there establish your own security firm.

52 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by mayberry1(f): 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2021
HighStar01:
Dear nairalanders, I am a 40 year old man without a job, home or family. I graduated from army day secondary School in the year 2000 and immediately joined the army in 2001 at the age of 17 claiming to be 18 and even bought and wrote the Nigerian defense academy exams while still in training in 2001. I passed out as one of the best recruits and was posted the corps of military police and appointed Lance copral. I was posted to one of the most dangerous division where I continued to trying to get into the NDA and at the same time further my studies. I wrote jamb and scored 252, was given admission to study law but the army turned it down and since I have no other means of finance I have to continue with the rigrous job. There are so many instances where I could have lost my life but God saved me. I was later victimized and dismissed for permitting the escape of a detainee in 2009. I sold up all my properties including land trying to get justice since I have just five years to retire. I was fortunate enough to be employed in the federal road safety corps in 2011. I worked for about six months when I was called back by the army. Since I have just a few years before pensionable retirement, I obliged and was deployed to the North East. We were later court martialled and dismissed for failure to perform military duties, disobedience to a particular order and insubordination. Ever since then I have searched for job to no avail. My wife has left with my child. My family has deserted me that I was warned to remain in frsc and not to return to the army. I have even attempted suicide before I was rescued. Sometimes I ask God if he wants me to be a pastor. I even prayed for a dieing Man to test my faith. I have struggled I in this life and done so many odd jobs which I would not mention. My question is what did God want me to be. Pls. I need your urgent advise and attention because am frustrated. Thanks.

Quite unfortunate. Men, please learn to always listen to your wives especially those who got married to intelligent women(bulk of grace to grass stories that has happened to men were as a result of them making decisions alone without discussing with their partner for counsel).
Do yourself a favour by moving on, dwelling in the past won't help. In as much as I don't wanna hold brief for your wife, it could be she saw the writing on the wall but you never listened.
There are lots of petty menial jobs you could do, you can as well become a sperm donor�(the point is for you to do any legal thing to stay alive pending when things get better).

20 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by Gbengageorge: 12:36pm On Apr 11, 2021
I don't have much to say, but they say life begins at 40, Start something new in your life, get a new job, marry a new wife.
Get closer to God with your personal Bible.
Re: I Need Your Advise On What I Should Do Next by Splendor4(m): 12:23pm On Apr 13, 2021
eleyi gidi gan o.. don't lose hope sir God has a purpose in your life thank God u didn't commit suicide if not all hope would have been lost

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. / Reps - Immigration Must Refund Job-seekers / Updated List Of Fake Scam Job Interview Address In Lagos Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.