Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka (17852 Views)

Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System / Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 / Osu Caste System Abolished In Irete, Owerri West LGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 07, 2021
LokoH:

olodo no e

Are you ashamed of your Igbo subhuman language?

2 Likes

Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by bhella10: 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2021
OSU caste system still dey?
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by chidinwachukwu(m): 2:01pm On Apr 07, 2021
Sunday2021:
No matter the abolishment, OSU will always remain osu. Nobody will want to marry them, majority of wailers are osu. Ebonyi igbos are consider to be inferior to Anambara igbos.

Kolo na so mental dey take start,shouting what u don't know
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by muykem: 2:04pm On Apr 07, 2021
That doesn't erase the truth that IPOB members are OSU.
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by lekki1444: 2:05pm On Apr 07, 2021
frankblinkz:
until a pastor start to marry them...I will give a thumbs up,I have bn dating osu for long,she openly told me, and she regrets the family she comes from..
I said a pastor cus i have seen one who advices him people not to marry from there
how do you visible identify an osu ?
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by lekki1444: 2:09pm On Apr 07, 2021
meobizy:
Every year, hundreds of villages abandon this practice. Who then are the ones still indulging in it? My friend tried marrying last year only to get rejected because his family were osu. Na mouth these people dey use abandon the tradition, the reality on ground is far different.
how do you visibly identify an osu ?
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by skillsinnigeria: 2:09pm On Apr 07, 2021
That's good and nice
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by 99thEnemy(m): 2:14pm On Apr 07, 2021
LokoH:
Yoruba's don't discriminate.

If not,

We all know that Ijebu and Awori are all osu in yorubaland

So you mean kaba is superior now?
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by Sunday2021: 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2021
chidinwachukwu:

Kolo na so mental dey take start,shouting what u don't know
only a coward is afraid of the truth. Like that albino that ran to London and that black monkey that tie rapper to enable him escape to ivory coarse.
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by gnykelly(m): 2:19pm On Apr 07, 2021
An Ibo man will never marry the man he loves.
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by LokoH(m): 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2021
OjukuwuHusband:

Are you ashamed of your Igbo subhuman language?
We don't give what is holy to dogs
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by EmekaA125(m): 2:32pm On Apr 07, 2021
triple996:
Igbo people grin
lets clap 4 kanu , he is really trying hard to complete with shekau. imo state is a good example of his hard work.
U have been lamenting endlessly since yesterday. No need crying more than Ndigbo. Face ur region and leave Kanu alone.

1 Like

Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by EmekaA125(m): 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2021
kingthreat:
Alas Obiagelli, Chinelo and Adanna will now finally get married grin
All humans are one. Society should not tell you otherwise
Shut up. What do you know about Osu?
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by EmekaA125(m): 2:44pm On Apr 07, 2021
Osu Caste was abolished across Igboland for like two decades now but the question is who will take the lead in allowing his son or daughter marry an osu? If all Igwe/Eze in the 5 SE states are truthful about dismantling osu system, they should take the bold step first before their subjects follow suit. Ndi ala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by Goodman247: 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2021
You are still practicing this babaric act
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by EmekaA125(m): 2:46pm On Apr 07, 2021
Goodman247:
You are still practicing this babaric act
Mumu, how do you know it's barbaric?
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 07, 2021
Igbo amaka
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by frankblinkz(m): 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2021
lekki1444:
how do you visible identify an osu ?
like i said,she opened up to me,even though it's hard for them to call themselves osu,you cant visibly identify them,they are beautiful though..
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by frankblinkz(m): 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2021
EmekaA125:
Mumu, how do you know it's barbaric?
very barbaric
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by lekki1444: 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2021
frankblinkz:
like i said,she opened up to me,even though it's hard for them to call themselves osu,you cant visibly identify them,they are beautiful though..
oh so an osu cannot be visibly identified ? so whats the discrimination based on if its not physical features ?
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 07, 2021
LokoH:

We don't give what is holy to dogs

Says the piggy
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by kingthreat(m): 3:28pm On Apr 07, 2021
EmekaA125:

Shut up. What do you know about Osu?

I know a bit. Have you drank some piss today?

Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by brownemmanuel43(m): 3:29pm On Apr 07, 2021
kuuljay:
Somany communities and villages have banned OSU cast system in the east but when it reaches the time for an OSU and a freeborn to get married they look for one flimsy excuse to terminate the marriage.The Igbos are the most stubborn tribe I've ever known,if they face front they don't look back no matter what others are saying
Indeed u HV really studied Igbos very well. My Igbos brethren are damn stubborn, though their stubbornness is when u want to oppress or intimidate them, that's when u will see their stubbornness
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by Originalsly: 3:33pm On Apr 07, 2021
It's good to abolish this system.... but it's only in these communities. How long will it take for an Osu to have same status as a freeborn? In the West.... it's more than 200.years.... and generations after slavery was abolished... descendants of slaves are still fighting for equal rights and justice. Las las.... it is the beginning of the end..... a journey begins with just one step.
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by Brush1: 3:34pm On Apr 07, 2021
Sunday2021:
No matter the abolishment, OSU will always remain osu. Nobody will want to marry them, majority of wailers are osu. Ebonyi igbos are consider to be inferior to Anambara igbos.

Did you really say Osu will remain an Osu?. Can you confirm if you are human or robot?. You are a heartless person, don't just upset God.

I am not Igbo but I have an accurate understanding of Osu meaning outcast. This one of the most ignorant and primitive tradition I know. What gives some people the right to refer to another human as an outcast?.

1 Like

Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by madridsta007(m): 3:37pm On Apr 07, 2021
SATANICALLY666:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/119-villages-abolish-osu-caste-system-practice-in-nsukka/

Abolish on paper.

When your people go and do Iju Ase and tell you "No way", give them this Nairaland report and say it has been abolished grin
That is when you know life online and off line are different.
You guys online just love to pretend to yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by okanlanwon44879: 3:42pm On Apr 07, 2021
That's good and nice
Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 07, 2021
Many people shouting good news, way to go diz and that dnt actually know the meaning of osu. Itz beyond your thinking okey...

1 Like

Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by MightySparrow: 4:06pm On Apr 07, 2021
Nyamirin fifu and primitivity are 5 and 6. Soon, you will hear somebody is forced to marry a corpse, or, water used to wash corpse is forced down someone's throat.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka by sylve11: 4:23pm On Apr 07, 2021
Hmmmm cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community / Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria, The Fulanis (fulbe) Or The Igbos? / Kini Oriki Abeke? What Is Abeke Praise Song/poetry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.