Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) (46726 Views)

Victory Gbakara Wins Nigerian Idol S8 / Nigerian Idol: Dbanj’s Facial Expression Got People Talking / Kingdom Wins Nigerian Idol 2021 (Season 6) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by Paradise5050(m): 9:35pm On Apr 18, 2021
I don't know much in terms of recognising musical talents.

But my only complaint abt the show are the ways Shay Shay breaks young lads with her poisonous words and also the the ways she makes fun of them even when they are still singing on stage

She claims to be and actress, so I ask can't she maintain not to laugh when contestants are performing bad just like Obi and Sose manage to do in the show.

She loaths me all the time with that her attitudes.
[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by kingjoe(m): 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2021
sgtponzihater1:
What then would you say about the voice Naija. A lady sang "listen" yesterday and no one turned. Pathetic
Those judges are confused!
The girl that sang 'listen killed it.
Infact the standard for the voice "" and that of nigerian idol"" are wide apart.
On a scale of 10. Nigerian idol is 2.while the voice is "8.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by khen10: 9:38pm On Apr 18, 2021
You spoke exactly what has been on my mind. I hope this article will reach the right places. God bless you real big �

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by kingreign(m): 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2021
stancydg:

I remember that scene. They all walked out on the lady.
People with such nasty, agberoish, garbage like characters aren't supposed to sit in front of new and upcoming talents to evaluate them. They ought to sit in front of bokoharam to evaluate them in the gun battle; for their character stinks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by Paradise5050(m): 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2021
Great idea
I believe it will become more transparent and unbais if its done as u just pointed out

Stancydg@ God bless you for bringing up this topic , when I saw these judges, I asked myself if there are no good music teachers in Nigeria better than Sheyi shay and Sose, I don't know much about Obi Asika. Why is Sheyi shay sounding too harsh to the contestants in stead of encouraging them. I noticed that Sose takes major decisions on whom to give golden ticket or not. Please next time judges should not sit together and should not talk to the contestants, they should only give points by pressing a button that will display how they voted to the viewers and they should also write down their observations for the music teachers to note and also display it to the viewers too.

This is my personal observation/opinion.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 18, 2021
The annoying part of ut all is the way seyi shay talks down on this contestants sheyi shay has never achieved anything in the music industry even Bella shmurda dem don achieve pass am

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by Vinnie2000(m): 9:41pm On Apr 18, 2021
pamijlove:
to me, if you look poor, despite you sang well, they will not accept you.

Case closed!! The OP should read your comment..Dats d reason of the Judge's behaviour..

They re overly concerned about Appearance.. Looking for 'Fine boys n Fine Girls' instead of talents..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by Galadimabawa: 9:43pm On Apr 18, 2021
falcon01:
grammar
I dey tell you.
I just start reading first second line de thin tire me.
Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by Vad123: 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2021
This is the worst set of judges I have ever seen .They all head in one direction.Nonsense.
Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by espn(m): 9:45pm On Apr 18, 2021
Matheusmartin:
Especially that failed musician - seyi shay..

Ugly she goat..
She is not a failed musician please....she is a failed upcoming musician...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by stancydg: 9:49pm On Apr 18, 2021
khen10:
You spoke exactly what has been on my mind. I hope this article will reach the right places. God bless you real big �

Amen
Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by stancydg: 9:50pm On Apr 18, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Case closed!! The OP should read your comment..Dats d reason of the Judge's behaviour..

They re overly concerned about Appearance.. Looking for 'Fine boys n Fine Girls' instead of talents..

Seems like one of their criteria. You're right.
Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by micxwell(m): 9:58pm On Apr 18, 2021
Adedapo57:
What do you expect when they have sponsors like “bigi”
Yeah! You're damn wicked cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
kingjoe:
Those judges are confused!
The girl that sang 'listen killed it.
Infact the standard for the voice "" and that of nigerian idol"" are wide apart.
On a scale of 10. Nigerian idol is 2.while the voice is "8.

100%
Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
Superpower:
I don't know about that but I think her problem is that she chose a song that is bigger than her.

She did a great job with that song in all fairness. Listen to her again on YouTube, that if you have a music ear
Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by Lekan239(m): 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2021
stancydg:
The above mentioned music reality show currently running on DSTV and GOTV platforms may likely be the "wackiest" (for want of words) music reality show in recent times going by the quality of opinions thus far by the jury, made up of a 3man panel of Obi Asika; a Record Label Exec, Seyi Shay; a perpetual upcoming artiste going by the unpopularity of most, if not all her songs and DJ Sose; who at best is skillful at selecting songs that'll mostly appeal to club audiences.

One would have thought the record label executive in the person of Asika, who ordinarily should have been exposed to artistes of various kinds, will as a father figure, be in full control of the selection process, by way of influencing the opinions of the others even though the antecedents of past judges on the show clearly sets a pace for divergence in opinions that in the end, engenders a robust decision for or against the candidates. This is terribly in deficit this time on the show, as as much as a snarl from the perpetual upcoming artiste is enough influence of the opinions of two supposedly mature and independently minded men. Sose even managed to take his obvious lack of knowledge of music and consequently, a lack of sound judgement to annoying levels by always concurring to whatever Seyi Shay breathes, despite his body language telling otherwise.

All of the above is obvious in the audition of the young music producer, whose image you'll find attached to this post. I can bet that IK, the show host was shell shocked that the young man had to be turned down for no reasonable point, except for displaying his musical dexterity. If that's a crime, then pray tell me what Idols is all about?

I was part of the very first Idol show in Nigeria that produced the likes of Timi Dakolo and Omawunmi and what I can clearly remember is that singing foreign songs or even displaying your vocal dexterity wasn't a crime. If it was compulsory for candidates to do local pangolo songs for the show to be seen as "Nigerian Idol", like Miss Shay foolishly posits, then I dare the show organisers to switch the nomenclature to "Naija Oosa/Ojuju etc" and compel the judges to speak Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo.

Besides, in the first Idol show in Nigeria, the jury made up of seasoned music industry legend like Dede Mabiaku, Radio Joc; Dan Foster and a Ghanian lady popularly referred to as "It's not werking for me" had their independent opinions of the candidates even though one out of the trio always played the devil's advocate.

Question now is; who the hell is the devil's advocate that'll ensure a robust decision making process in the ongoing Idol show, when from all we see, all trio are sleeping with their heads in the same direction??

Reason the current panel needs to be disbanded, asides the joke Seyi Shay has made of the show by unprofessionally making mockery of young chaps she is meant to encourage, thereby wreaking psychological damages that may be indelible in the lives of the up and coming generation.

PS: I don't know the guy being auditioned in the attached pictures as I am speaking for countless others that are in my opinion, obviously far ahead of the judges musically, but were turned down.
pls who are your target with this big big grammar, do you think an average Nigerian can comprehend your write up. They will probably read half way and stopped bcus of ur grammar
Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by Legacyy(m): 10:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
stancydg:

Thanks. Just concerned for the young ones. Saw a musically sound lady from Ondo state get discouraged yesterday for nothing.
as in eeh d tin pain me o
Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by atiku4President(m): 10:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
Go and sleep. The judges did not fall from the sky. They were auditioned too. They know what they are looking for. Tell your friend or brother to try again next time
Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by TheGift: 10:12pm On Apr 18, 2021
I like your writing style and the way you made your points... valid!
stancydg:
The above mentioned music reality show currently running on DSTV and GOTV platforms may likely be the "wackiest" (for want of words) music reality show in recent times going by the quality of opinions thus far by the jury, made up of a 3man panel of Obi Asika; a Record Label Exec, Seyi Shay; a perpetual upcoming artiste going by the unpopularity of most, if not all her songs and DJ Sose; who at best is skillful at selecting songs that'll mostly appeal to club audiences.

One would have thought the record label executive in the person of Asika, who ordinarily should have been exposed to artistes of various kinds, will as a father figure, be in full control of the selection process, by way of influencing the opinions of the others even though the antecedents of past judges on the show clearly sets a pace for divergence in opinions that in the end, engenders a robust decision for or against the candidates. This is terribly in deficit this time on the show, as as much as a snarl from the perpetual upcoming artiste is enough influence of the opinions of two supposedly mature and independently minded men. Sose even managed to take his obvious lack of knowledge of music and consequently, a lack of sound judgement to annoying levels by always concurring to whatever Seyi Shay breathes, despite his body language telling otherwise.

All of the above is obvious in the audition of the young music producer, whose image you'll find attached to this post. I can bet that IK, the show host was shell shocked that the young man had to be turned down for no reasonable point, except for displaying his musical dexterity. If that's a crime, then pray tell me what Idols is all about?

I was part of the very first Idol show in Nigeria that produced the likes of Timi Dakolo and Omawunmi and what I can clearly remember is that singing foreign songs or even displaying your vocal dexterity wasn't a crime. If it was compulsory for candidates to do local pangolo songs for the show to be seen as "Nigerian Idol", like Miss Shay foolishly posits, then I dare the show organisers to switch the nomenclature to "Naija Oosa/Ojuju etc" and compel the judges to speak Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo.

Besides, in the first Idol show in Nigeria, the jury made up of seasoned music industry legend like Dede Mabiaku, Radio Joc; Dan Foster and a Ghanian lady popularly referred to as "It's not werking for me" had their independent opinions of the candidates even though one out of the trio always played the devil's advocate.

Question now is; who the hell is the devil's advocate that'll ensure a robust decision making process in the ongoing Idol show, when from all we see, all trio are sleeping with their heads in the same direction??

Reason the current panel needs to be disbanded, asides the joke Seyi Shay has made of the show by unprofessionally making mockery of young chaps she is meant to encourage, thereby wreaking psychological damages that may be indelible in the lives of the up and coming generation.

PS: I don't know the guy being auditioned in the attached pictures as I am speaking for countless others that are in my opinion, obviously far ahead of the judges musically, but were turned down.
Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by Aproko89: 10:16pm On Apr 18, 2021
grin Real idiots
BigYash:
As in eh. Most especially that DJ and the lady. Asika or what's his name,will be asking opinion from those two idiots..
Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by manikspears: 10:17pm On Apr 18, 2021
charlesucheh:
Obi Asika, I understand, No Music talent or even experience. He is just there cos he has bank rolled artists from Ikechukwu and co. Him no suppose sit him a** for that place. ( My opinion too).

DJ Sose with his trade mark tatoo wey Never even make am compete with DJ Cuppy too was just judging on how the song sweet am and not really the finesse applied by the candidates. Him too is not suppose to be there! Gbam!!!

But you see SEYI SHAY!, after TIWA Savage, That babe is the second best Nigeria female sensation. Ahbeg no touch her when it comes to Music skills, voice and finesse. sheyi shay is just outta this world. started following her vibes from IRAWO ( both with the remix), to YOLO, Weekend Vibes with Sarkodie will Even scatter your Dada.

Bros! I see reasons with your critiques on the judges, But leave sheyi shay outta your personal opinions. I might not be with her in so many things, But as for the music aspect, that Babe can sing!!!!!

Sheyi shey outta this world?? Dude? What are you saying?
Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by Romanoff(f): 10:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
Srallens:
. That lady with the cropped top right? They were really biased. So many sang better than her but weren't given a chance. She was wack but still was given a ticket

Yes that one.
Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by DreamHomes: 10:20pm On Apr 18, 2021
stancydg:

The show is just a pair of rubble... I just don't like any of the judges at all. I even doubt whether any of the jury has any education in music. The fact that sheyi shay sings doesn't really qualify her to being a jury...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by Amanda4life: 10:20pm On Apr 18, 2021
THOSE JUDGES DONT KNOW JACK.
Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by tunize(m): 10:20pm On Apr 18, 2021
foeedaba:
Shebi they should have invited Davido, Whizkid, and Burna boy to make up the panel of judges.
Nope but to some extent as a judge she has to be careful of her choice of words(her words might have psychological effect on some of the participants). in reality sheyi shay to me is not the best of judges compared to the choice of musically grounded mind in the music industry. She seem to be flexing her muscle anyhow while she is still an upcoming!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by Charmingrascal(m): 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2021
I stopped watching the show.
I will resume once they bring in sensible judges and music pundits who truly know what they are doing.

How can you make a DJ, Artist Manager and an upcoming singer judges of a musical show.

Sheyi shay annoys me with her sense of judgement

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by Amanda4life: 10:22pm On Apr 18, 2021
I WAS TELLING MY FRIENDS TODAY , THAT IDOL SHOULD TELL THOSE JUDGES TO COME OUT AND SING LETS HEAR THEIR OWN VOICES INDIVIDUAL Y

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by charlesucheh(m): 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2021
manikspears:

Sheyi shey outta this world?? Dude? What are you saying?
What did you READ?

Bia Nwokem! don't come here and be forcing your own on my own o! oya! tell me, who has as much hit song than SEYI aside TIWA ?

Make ya head dey ya Neck o!!!
Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by Gandollaar(f): 10:27pm On Apr 18, 2021
Seyi Shay is fvcking annoying feeling like Judge Judy!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by Gandollaar(f): 10:31pm On Apr 18, 2021
charlesucheh:
Obi Asika, I understand, No Music talent or even experience. He is just there cos he has bank rolled artists from Ikechukwu and co. Him no suppose sit him a** for that place. ( My opinion too).

DJ Sose with his trade mark tatoo wey Never even make am compete with DJ Cuppy too was just judging on how the song sweet am and not really the finesse applied by the candidates. Him too is not suppose to be there! Gbam!!!

But you see SEYI SHAY!, after TIWA Savage, That babe is the second best Nigeria female sensation. Ahbeg no touch her when it comes to Music skills, voice and finesse. sheyi shay is just outta this world. started following her vibes from IRAWO ( both with the remix), to YOLO, Weekend Vibes with Sarkodie will Even scatter your Dada.

Bros! I see reasons with your critiques on the judges, But leave sheyi shay outta your personal opinions. I might not be with her in so many things, But as for the music aspect, that Babe can sing!!!!!
Maybe Seyi Shay can sing o..

But she's no business being a judge on any panel. She's tactless and bitchy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by davillian(m): 10:32pm On Apr 18, 2021
Romanoff:
Rotfl.

Seyi Shay shouldn't be there.

I don't know Obi Asika so I can't speak for his expertise.

DJ Sose, why is a DJ even there?

Unlike the Voice, there is no benchmark for quality on Nigerian Idol.

Today, Seyi cut corners for one talentless girl she knows claiming she will give her a chance cause she knows she can sing, even after a messed up performance.

This is Nigeria were an engineer can work as an accountant grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Idol Jury Should Be Disbanded: Opinion (photos) by notoriousbabe: 10:34pm On Apr 18, 2021
People like 2Pac, Michael Jackson, Bob Marley, Fela, Haruna Ishola, Ayind Barrister, Osadebe should be the judges on the show

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Timaya - Bum Bum [video] + Download / On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. / Kingdom Wins Nigerian Idol 2021 (Season 6)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.