Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) (28935 Views)

Fashola Visits Main Bridge Of The Bonny-Bodo Road Project (Photos) / Kogi Flood: 8 Days On The Road From Warri To Lokoja, Motorists Cry Out (video) / NRC Begins Free Train Rides From Aladja-Warri To Itakpe-Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by Franklydes(m): 5:25pm On Apr 11, 2021
HarunaWest:

See the problem y'all Have...If we criticize Buhari, you are quick to say it's Either IPOB or ODUDUWA...You think we in the North are happy either dude?
What is an achievement about railway haulage...We should be celebrating the end of insecurity, growth of the economy, stable power and water, jobs et al...How many DFI are coming into Nigeria at the moment? what are we really exporting,? Why are we importing so many basic stuff? Do you Know the AKK steel is still made in China What happened to Ajaokuta steel? Aladja steel why is the dollar rate so high?..
These are pertinent questions to be asked and not @sslicking cos of railway and all...I have been in a NGR train that moved haulage in this same Nigeria in far back 2002 so there is nothing new bout that...Open your mind and read alot and you will realize that our leaders are swindling us from time immemorial.
your head after oyel. you are a good man
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by XXXXTENTACION: 5:25pm On Apr 11, 2021
Coldie:

Ppl like u are the reason y Nigeria is still backwards
Am i part of the leaders that looted your country and looted your future
instead of you to face your leaders and hold them accountable you are here defending their failures undecided
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by dandollaz: 5:26pm On Apr 11, 2021
plaindealer:
What couldn't be done when we had money flowing everywhere when the previous administration earned N51 Trillion from oil was done with ease and limited funds.

Who told you money is not flowing everywhere now.your president share within his circle.money dey Naija if you are blind
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by XXXXTENTACION: 5:29pm On Apr 11, 2021
JayJohnson:

I just corrected your comments for you
Good boy. Maybe your own zombeism is different.
but so you know fuel is now.... 210 per litre undecided
sai baba all the way. cool
zombies like you must get sense by fire by force grin
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by michoim(m): 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2021
Enemies(Reno Omokri & co.) protesting in London hates this kind of development...PDP only know how to sponsor Bandits, militants, terrorists etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by Latvin: 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2021
babaolofin:

It was purely because of Ajaokuta Kano Gas Project. This is one of the political projects of Buhari for the North. They borrowed heavily from China to start this project. There is no economic cost benefit in that project. The rate of return cannot be calculated. The payback period cannot be met. They said, ultimately, the gas pipeline would be extended to North Africa and to Europe.
During my analysis with the man delegated to promote the project on Nairaland over a year ago, he said Nigeria can never pay back the loan. He said the Project is designed in such a way that Nigeria cannot pay back the loan and China would eventually takeover the Gas supply project to recover their debt. China will use Nigeria to penetrate European Gas Market. China using Nigeria to penetrate European Gas Market.

Do a bit more research on this subject.

The AKK pipeline has always been part of the country's masterplan as far back as the early 2000s. It is the third of a 3 major gas pipeline backbone. The first from the Delta to Lagos and extending into Togo, Benin and Ghana has been in operation for years now.

The second pipeline from the East to the West is nearing completion as we speak. AKK is the third that links the northern parts of the country with possibility of extending to North Africa in the future. If we are going to get the North to industrialise and contribute more, this is the big chance. It opens up all types of industries along its path, same as what those first 2 pipelines are doing to the South.

The plan has been there for years but this govt came on board and started actualizing it. It is not everything that we should be screaming against.

2 Likes

Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by Adewale623(m): 5:32pm On Apr 11, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
All these A.P.C propagandas sef undecided

other countries are celebrating landings on moon, launching satelites and going to space Nigeria is still celebrating trains. cry
not even speed trains for that matter. undecided

That's to tell us the level of failure of PDP administration, if these projects has been executed during their wasted sixteen years, this administration would have focused on another developmental projects.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by XXXXTENTACION: 5:33pm On Apr 11, 2021
Springboot:

So of they ask you for immediate solution to all the myriad of problems we have in Nigeria, it's landing on the moon that's your priority? There's no difference BTW you and Buhari
Landing on the moon is just an illustration to show where other countries are in terms of science and technology while Nigeria is still importing toothpicks and pencils. undecided
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by contigiency(m): 5:33pm On Apr 11, 2021
Terorislam:
A curse country is a curse country

Unfortunately some of you mistake the curse given to you by your parents to mean that the whole country is cursed.
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by Chirowman(m): 5:33pm On Apr 11, 2021
Ok
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by contigiency(m): 5:34pm On Apr 11, 2021
Adewale623:

That's to tell us the level of failure of PDP administration, if these projects has been executed during their wasted sixteen years, this administration would have focused on another developmental projects.

You are the true son of your father

3 Likes

Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by XXXXTENTACION: 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2021
michoim:
Enemies(Reno Omokri & co.) protesting in London hates this kind of development...PDP only know how to sponsor Bandits, militants, terrorists etc
while A.P.C is developing Nigeria with their lies and propaganda. undecided
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
I am a naughty boy. Maybe my own version of IPIG is different.
but so I know fuel is now.... 210 per litre undecided
sai coward Nnamdi Kanu all the way. cool
IPIGs like me must get sense by fire by force grin

Yes I know you must get sense this year by fire by force

2 Likes

Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by Latvin: 5:36pm On Apr 11, 2021
Jlow2:
pple need to be alive to use the electricity from the gas , innocent and vulnerable Nigerians re killed everyday by herdsmen bandits and unkwn gunmen, the safety of Nigerians should come first, and not telling us about gas from warri to Niger republic.

Yes security is a problem and believe me, it will be solved and we will move on.

Banditry and kidnapping in the north is getting attention but I can tell you that kidnapping and criminality in the South particularly in the SS is still a big issue, just that it doesn't get the same level of attention. Let govt tackle all types of criminality

1 Like

Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:37pm On Apr 11, 2021
plaindealer:

Where was that stated?

Must you people always let us know that you do not know how to read and comprehend simple English?

Typical ipob, the useless, crooked and incompetent people that started and abandoned projects all over the place are always your heroes, the people the competent and patriotic people that rescue, complete and commission projects for Nigerians to finally benefit from are always your enemies.

Beats me why you and your kind are always so bitter, so angry, so upset and frustrated every time you see progress and development.

Must be a disease or deadly curse.

You know the children of hate, frustrations and perdition too well.
Let us give more insight to your thought-provoking post patriot.

When you show some of them the unparalleled efforts of this government in development compared to all the past governments, then you will hear....('well he has tried but I still don't like him, he is too old, he is slow, he is unintelligent, he is not outspoken etc... (#%@€¥ Perfect human beings all of them mtchew)

This is the point where you will be able to confirm that these are people whose concern is not Nigeria's development.
Whose problem with Buhari is not performance but personal hatred etc.

This is why nothing tangible will be achieved if you engage them in any developmental discussion, when their concern is wotowoto-pettiness.

Avoid arguments over Buhari's use of language, age etc, keep sending them the good news, project reports and achievements of government, and gradually you help bring them back to reality:

In conclusion let me quote their most used cliche:

" We have never had it so bad"

Yes by Gods grace this government will continue to be a thorn in the flesh of those who for their selfish interest do not want things to change in Nigeria

For the rest of good Nigerians, Buhari's time is our time, let us be steadfast in support of our national .
It will forever be good for us all.

God bless you plaindealer.
God bless all good, honest and hardworking Nigerians.
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by XXXXTENTACION: 5:40pm On Apr 11, 2021
Adewale623:

Always blaming the previous administration. undecided

almost 6 years of A.P.C leadership
insecurity everywhere..
poverty everywhere
inflation everywhere
and yet we still gat no single working refinery. undecided

but as usual lets all blame Jonathan and the previous administrations. cool
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by blamingthedevil: 5:44pm On Apr 11, 2021
God Bless President Buhari
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

God punish Wailers,PDP and children of 8
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by XXXXTENTACION: 5:45pm On Apr 11, 2021
JayJohnson:

Yes I know you must get sense this year by fire by force
Ewo your own zombeism is on another level.
but anyway e go soon clear for una eyes. grin
Keep supporting bad leaders.
keep supporting thieves, looters and coup plotters e go reach everybody. undecided
i hope as an A.P.C zombie that you are when you go to the filling station to buy fuel your own price would be different
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by Bridget95(f): 5:45pm On Apr 11, 2021
plaindealer:

Where was that stated?

Must you people always let us know that you do not know how to read and comprehend simple English?

Typical ipob, the useless, crooked and incompetent people that started and abandoned projects all over the place are always your heroes, the people the competent and patriotic people that rescue, complete and commission projects for Nigerians to finally benefit from are always your enemies.

Beats me why you and your kind are always so bitter, so angry, so upset and frustrated every time you see progress and development.

shu.t up . Always blaming others .The present govt prints billions of naira monthly
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by emmnprince(m): 5:47pm On Apr 11, 2021
Resurrection212:
Buhari thank you And God bless you for making us sane Nigerians proud.

A sane person in this country will never be proud of this administration.
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 11, 2021
Latvin:

Do a bit more research on this subject.

The AKK pipeline has always been part of the country's masterplan as far back as the early 2000s. It is the third of a 3 major gas pipeline backbone. The first from the Delta to Lagos and extending into Togo, Benin and Ghana has been in operation for years now.

The second pipeline from the East to the West is nearing completion as we speak. AKK is the third that links the northern parts of the country with possibility of extending to North Africa in the future. If we are going to get the North to industrialise and contribute more, this is the big chance. It opens up all types of industries along its path, same as what those first 2 pipelines are doing to the South.

The plan has been there for years but this govt came on board and started actualizing it. It is not everything that we should be screaming against.

It was a lie. It was conceived and approved in Nigeria Gas Master plan released in 2008 under Yaradua. I have the earlier gas master plan. This issue was discussed in 2008 and last year extensively. I don't want to waste my time again.

The West Africa Gas Pipeline project (WAGP) you mentioned is purely based on economic advantages and profitability . Lagos to Accra is shorter than Lagos to Abuja, Lagos to Abidjan is shorter than Lagos to Kano. The cost of pipelines per kilometers and cubic of gas transmitted to industries in West Africa can pay for the Project.

The only economic point of AKK is sending gas to North Africa and Europe for China to use Nigeria to penetrate European Gas Market and compete with Russia. This is an illusion.
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 11, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Ewo my own IPIG version is on another level.
but anyway e go soon clear for my eyes. grin
I will keep supporting coward and vseless secessionist.
I will keep supporting thieves, looters and coup plotters like Ojukwu and Llamidi Cownu. undecided
i hope as an IPIG that I am when I go to the filling station to buy fuel my own price would be different

Yes, your version of IPIG is legendary grin grin grin
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by XXXXTENTACION: 5:51pm On Apr 11, 2021
JayJohnson:

Yes, your version of IPIG is legendary grin grin grin
do you have steady electricity in your village
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by emmnprince(m): 5:54pm On Apr 11, 2021
plaindealer:
PDP Before

APC After

God Bless APC

God Bless Nigeria

God Bless PMB

grin grin

You're a BIG fraud for posting those misleading photos.
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by emmadothings(m): 5:54pm On Apr 11, 2021
plaindealer:

Where was that stated?

Development is a curse to ipob
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by heysquare(m): 5:54pm On Apr 11, 2021
Terorislam:
A curse country is a curse country
A curse country and a curse citizens. No how a country would be cursed without the people there not being cursed as well. If
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by Latvin: 5:54pm On Apr 11, 2021
babaolofin:

It was a lie. It was conceived and approved in Nigeria Gas Master plan released in 2008 under Yaradua. I have the earlier gas master plan. This issue was discussed in 2008 and last year extensively. I don't want to waste my time again.

Yes, the gas master plan was signed off in 2008 but was that when the plan was conceived?

Nonetheless, your comment that AKK was the plan of this govt to develop the North was not made in good faith.
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 11, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
do you have steady electricity in your village

Ask Nnamdi Cownu the coward!! grin grin grin
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 11, 2021
Latvin:

Yes, the gas master plan was signed off in 2008 but was that when the plan was conceived?

Nonetheless, your comment that AKK was the plan of this govt to develop the North was not made in good faith.

Was it in good faith that Yaradua killed Olokola LNG project the only project OBJ conceived for South West ? Was it in good faith that Yaradua announced the establishment of University of Petroleum in Kaduna while PTI Effurun was abandoned. It was the outcry of people and the fear of Militants that made him cancelled the idea. Under Buhari, see what is happening.
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by inokia: 6:01pm On Apr 11, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
making you proud with imported trains from China grin
from imported trains we'll start making our own
Re: Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) by pafra(m): 6:11pm On Apr 11, 2021
Harrisonwo:
Its annoying seeing supposedly grown up behaving like kids here. They forgot government is a continuum and secondly the score card of any regime is evaluated after the end of the regime. The excuse of previous regime earning #51trn and doing nothing is itself a fallacy.
Oil was sold at over $100 (higher crude is sold, higher the landing cost since we don't refine), infrastructure was done, debts and borrowing was kept low, subsidy for petroleum imports were paid, PMS was sold at an affordable price, economy was enabling for SME leading to job creation, taxations was keep low, inflation was at a single digit, note to even talk about the cost of living.
Comparing with the current regime;
Crude oil earning is below $100 meaning less earnings, less subsidy to pay. Multiple and high tax rate, harsh business environ leading to job loss, double digit inflation, high cost of living, currency devaluation, high debt and borrowing, high PMS cost.

Celebrating a rail built just to transport pipeline and may be abandoned or mismanaged after the pipeline has been laid or even if they try privatizing it for passenger service, the high cost will make people look elsewhere eg Lagos ibadan rail..

Until after this regime finishes before we start comparing

Kindly be informed

They major in transporting passagers. Mon. Fri
The coaches are filled to capacity.
It's about the best thing citizens enjoy for now in the warri axis. To agbor - uromi - agenebode - ajakuta - itakpe from there you can take a bus to Abuja for 2k

Bro's it is cheap, efficient, safe and comfortable.

If you are not in the station b4 7am you might not get a seat. Always filled to capacity

The goods aspect is just by the way. The carry other goods apart from the pipe

Forget politics it is sustainable. The railways was one of the biggest employers of Labour back in the days and well paid then. You still have railway quarters in most parts of the country.

Keep politics aside. This one is good the truth be told

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? / Passengers Rescued After Their Boat Capsized In Bonny, Rivers State. Photos / Pedestrian Bridge At UNIBEN In Edo Under Construction (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.