Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,721 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:59 AM

There's No Denomination With God-An encounter with JehovahWitness-DemonWitnesses - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There's No Denomination With God-An encounter with JehovahWitness-DemonWitnesses (6596 Views)

Oneness With God; An Online Course / RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs / Who Created God? - An Invalid Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Re: There's No Denomination With God-An encounter with JehovahWitness-DemonWitnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:41pm On May 12, 2021
OK, your father can talk but failed to unite you and your fellow believers shey? cheesy

PeaceJoyLove:

Max, my prodigal brother. Don't worry, my father has said He will accept you again, but for now, enjoying eating with the pigs. It's just for 25 years. grin Your senses will return at the right time. grin
Re: There's No Denomination With God-An encounter with JehovahWitness-DemonWitnesses by BassReeves: 8:30pm On Jul 07, 2021
BassReeves:
"Jesus said to them,
“If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God;
nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.
"
- John 8:42

"Exerchomai" is the Greek original word translated as "proceeded forth". By definition, it means, to go or come out of, with mention of the place out of which one goes, or of the point from which one departs. John 8:42 above, makes no mistake, where from Jesus proceeded forth and came from.

Janọsky and OkCọrnel, Jesus Christ is God and even god sef, especially if that's how or a way Janosky understands to partly put it.

OkCọrnel, fyi, I am not implying that Jesus and God are the same entity, but I am emphatically saying that Jesus and God are the same entity.

Janọsky and OkCọrnel, lets put aside the Teacher and kid scenario I earlier shared, but listen and watch this explanation. I put on different attire colours to reflect my mood and image I am trying to project across. I could put on a red dress to make a statement that I am fiery, vibrant and lively. The colours are not me, they are images reflecting certain aspects of me. It's the same with God, the maleness and femaleness is not God, they are just constructs made in the image of God. God really isnt male nor female

Now we all know what kind of image one is projecting when wearing black colours, it could be for mourning or for trying to look sexy

About the famous saying "the only begotten" this means the only person uniquely gotten this way. The phrase has nothing to do with God biologically giving birth to Jesus, as a mother, like women do and so not having an existence before being incarnated

Janosky and OkCornel, God is formless, as you would know and agree. God is a Spirit, and so has no form. God however does have masculine and feminine distinctive personalities plus characteristics associated with man and woman. Yeah?

Before either of youse step and slip on my "God is formless" banana skin comment, let me make myself clearer with the comment, by adding to it, that God is shapeless and formless like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. When you pour water into a drum, it becomes the drum of water. That is why when Moses asked God who should he say sent him, if asked by the Israelites, God said to him, say, I AM I AM sent you.

I AM I AM, in that narrative, means I shall be that I shall be, also means whatever it is necessary for God to be, that, God will be. God willl be a pillar of cloud in the day and become a pillar of fire to give them light at night. God is formless, yet God can take on any form. I know it sounds like an oxymoron thing to say it that way, but God, though truly is formless, can manifest Himself in any form, just as in that Nebucadnezzer fiery furnace and etcetera
Think of God, this way, H20, sent itself into the world. H20 caused and allowed itself to be visible as solid ice.

Christ cannot share the same body with God the Father, because God is formless. God has no clear definite shape or size. Jesus Christ is the product of God, projecting Himself as a human being in the person of Jesus Christ on earth. Jesus Christ is the visible image of the invisible God

Though Jesus was God, He did not think of equality with God, as something to cling to.
Instead, He gave up his divine privileges. He took the humble position of a servant and was born as a human being, and so God appeared on earth, in human form, as in, the person of Jesus Christ, His Son

Janọsky and OkCọrnel, God can send Himself, did send Himself to earth, in the form of Jesus Christ. God simultaneously can be in more than one place at a time (i.e. God can be in Heaven and on earth, at the same time) Note that, Jesus didnt correct people that addressed Him as God, for example, where and when said: "My Lord, My God" to Him.

Its often said, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. Something to be done right is exactly what it's all about and so what God did. This is a matter of the classsic diy aka Do-It-Yourself.

God looked for someone who could build walls or looked for someone to stand in the breach in His presence on behalf of the world so that it won't be destroyed, but He found no one and so God is lumbered with, doing a classic Do-It-Yourself by sending Himself to carry out the redemptive work.

This will explain what the bible said and/or is saying about "begotten" The word translated as "begotten", is the greek word "monogene" "Monogene", means, one and only or better still, one of a kind

Now the word "monogene", is a combination of the root words: "mono" (one or only) and "genos" (of a class or kind) hence "begotten", in the context, or "monogene" in the context means "the only of its kind"

Now, "monogene" occurred also, when similarly used over Isaac, and that is where and when Isaac was referred to, as only son, even when Abraham already had an older son, Ishmael

Isaac was unique, was one and only or one of a kind son. Unique in the sense that, an impotent man and menopaused woman had a child, the promised son, Isaac (i.e. child in a class of its own, this miracle never again has been repeated)

To just clear each other, "begotten" in the Jesus' context isn’t about procreation or some fantasied sexual intercourse

Jesus, is the last Adam, and second man. The first man Adam became a living soul, whereas, Jesus, the last Adam, became a life-giving spirit

The first man, Adam, is of the earth, earthy, came from earth; while the second man, Jesus Christ is from heaven, came from heaven. Alleluia.

"And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge,
and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none
(i.e. I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of righteousness that guards the land.
I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn’t have to destroy the land, but I found no one.)
"
- Ezekiel 22:30

"He saw that there was no man—He was amazed that there was no one—to intercede;
so His own arm brought salvation, and His own righteousness sustained Him.
"
- Isaiah 59:16

"I was amazed to see that no one intervened to help the oppressed.
So I myself stepped in to save them with my strong arm, and my wrath sustained me
(i.e. I looked, but there was no one to help; I was shocked because there was no one offering support.
So my right arm accomplished deliverance or achieved salvation for me, my raging anger drove me on)
"
- Isaiah 63:5

Janọsky and OkCọrnel, you must have quite a lot of times, heard the saying that "If you want something done right, do it yourself", well none, nobody, no angel out of the whole angelic hosts of heaven, nor no man out of the whole world wide, offered to accept the challenge to help man get returned back to man's original status before the fall, so God resorted to DIY

Janọsky and OkCọrnel, you know that Christ, means Saviour, right?. So if you do, how then do suppose God will be able to pull this off this God's redemptive work, if Christ isnt God and man, hmm? Be good lads and give this some thought Janosky and OkCornel

"Behold, I send My messenger, And he will prepare the way before Me.
And the Lord, whom you seek, Will suddenly come to His temple,
Even the Messenger of the covenant, In whom you delight. Behold, He is coming,” Says the LORD of hosts.
"
Malachi 3:1

Of course, Jesus is an angel too, Malachi 3:1 confirms Him being a Messenger. This is God sending Himself on an errand. Alleluia.

OkCornel:
Another poser Bassreeves,

When God said LET US create man in OUR IMAGE & LIKENESS.

Was that referring to One literal God, or multiple members of the God head.

Patiently awaiting your response.

BassReeves:
When H2O says, lets make states in our OUR IMAGE & LIKENESS
Was that referring to One literal H2O, or multiple members of the H2O head.
Patiently awaiting your response.

Bishopkingsley:
Lol now in terms of the water aspect I have used it many times on here and nairaland to explain trinity

BassReeves:
From your bible education, whats your biblical understanding of what the Godhead is?

Smh. Who is God, that clearly said let Us?

Yes, God used, dirt, unanimated spirit (i.e. soul) and then His ruach or breath, breathed into Adam's nostril to bring him alive, now I ask you again, is God limited to three persons. Yes or No?

Smh, you're being economical in what God said we are created in

Beloved, you dont have that exclusivity of using H2O to explain trinity. Where you stopped and parked at trinity, others went above and beyond

Bishopkingsley:
In the world if you do something first they give you the right to pattern it it becomes your own

I felt I had the right as they do well I may be wrong on that aspect

But since I downloaded it into my mind from our God I felt I had the exclusive right to boast about it
I didnt talk about exclusive right, but talked about you not having exclusivity. Meaning, you're arent the first nor will be the last poster that uses water (i.e. H2O) to explain trinity

Now, the two below easy, direct, simple, innocent, harmless, and straightforward questions you failed to give your responses to, I repeat down below:

1. From your bible education, whats your biblical understanding of what the Godhead is?
2. Who is God, that clearly said 'Let Us ....?'

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which Part Of Your Christian Life Do You Need To Improve This Year? / God Defined; The Faith Is Electromagnetic Not Christianic / Will You Be Proud Or Embarrased When You Are Shown What You Did In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.