Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,341 members, 7,819,202 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped (12648 Views)

Lagos PPRO To Rufai: I Don't Want To Believe You Spread Fake News / El-rufai: I Am Not Interested In Tinubu's Appointment / El-Rufai: I No Longer Believe In The Circle Around Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by NwaNimo1(m): 5:21pm On Apr 09, 2021
The Governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-rufai, has spoken against the payment of ransom to kidnappers, saying he won’t involve in such even if his son is kidnapped.

El-rufai said this during a radio interview on Friday.

“I mean it and I will say it again here. Even if my son is kidnapped, I will rather pray for him to make heaven instead, because I won’t pay any ransom,” he said.

The Governor also said his administration is not considering paying ransom to secure the release of the students abducted by bandits from the Federal College of Forestry Mechanisation, Kaduna, in March.

According to him, the government is “absolutely not paying ransom” but considering other means to ensure the students are returned to their parents.

The PUNCH reported yesterday that El-rufai said bandits must be wiped out entirely because they have lost the right to life.

He said this during a town hall meeting on national security organised by the Ministry of Information and Culture held in Kaduna and monitored by our correspondent on Thursday.

According to him, “These bandits have lost their right to life under our constitution and must be wiped out in their entirety. There is no other way to approach the current insurgency situation today as far as governmental action is concerned.

“The bandits are at war with Nigeria and there is no other way to approach the current insurgency but for security forces to take the war to the bandits and recover forests where they are occupying.

“The security agencies mostly react to cases of banditry and abduction, we are in a war with these terrorist challenging the sovereignty of the Nigerian state.

“Our security forces must collaborate to take the war to the bandits and terrorists, recover and restore the forest to enable our law-abiding citizens to engage in legitimate farming and livestock production.”
https://punchng.com/i-wont-pay-ransom-even-if-my-son-is-kidnapped-says-el-rufai/

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by techmo(m): 5:22pm On Apr 09, 2021
Typical Fulani man

12 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by NwaNimo1(m): 5:24pm On Apr 09, 2021

5 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by Kestolove(m): 5:25pm On Apr 09, 2021
ur boys won't kidnap ur son na...Haba for y na...

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by HeRulesMen: 5:27pm On Apr 09, 2021
Sponsored kidnappers of course know who they go after. Your goat cannot eat your yam.

27 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by Jostoman: 5:29pm On Apr 09, 2021
Good one from you el-rufai.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by XXXXTENTACION: 5:48pm On Apr 09, 2021
Politicians and their Lies . undecided

11 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by TripleDdotcom: 5:49pm On Apr 09, 2021
Let's look at the bright side if what he's saying.

He might be saying that giving ransom to bandits is a way of condoning or not fighting the crime rather going after the criminals and bringing them down is a better option - which is true according to my little knowledge and wisdom.

By the way, na beg I dey beg. Please, check my signature and patronize us. Thanks.

7 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by Princessogaraya(f): 5:51pm On Apr 09, 2021
Ewu

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by Totilopussylick(m): 6:11pm On Apr 09, 2021
Easier said than done.

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by doggedfighter(f): 6:22pm On Apr 09, 2021
Your son is usually under high security.

6 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2021
stop deceiving the common man, when and where you will pay the ransom will not be made known so stop this fables!

my advice to anyone kidnap, if you have the money, Pls pay for your release and save your life!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:03pm On Apr 09, 2021
Really??

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by ProfessorBerlin(m): 7:06pm On Apr 09, 2021
I hear u
Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by blackboy(m): 7:20pm On Apr 09, 2021
Believe El Rufia at your own risk. Same El Rufia that started off payment to the Fulani Herdsmen in Kaduna since 2015.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 09, 2021
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by LuQuLuQu(m): 7:45pm On Apr 09, 2021
Basket mouth don start to leak again oooo oooo

Mallam be apere

8 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by deji68: 8:32pm On Apr 09, 2021
grin grin grin me too no go pay ransome for that loudmouth EL Rufai Pikin if i be im Father

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by Anyiamaka: 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2021
Walk the talk. Send your son back to public school.
In Nigeria, neither Tinubu nor El Rufai will ever be president of this country

11 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by notym2chektym: 9:06pm On Apr 09, 2021
Good one from Elrufai. I have told all my family members that paraventure am kidnapped, they should not pay a dime for any ransom. I will personally tell the kidnappers to take my life that I won't pay a dime. I rather die than give those killers a dime

6 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by vikithor(m): 9:06pm On Apr 09, 2021
Learn how to drive better than you imagined possible in few weeks,let's help in processing vehicle and driving licenses, whether it fresh/new registration, change the of ownership, correction on previous registration, if you also need Trade Test Certification, let's help you out.
See contacts below for WhatsApp or calling
Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by iamyemiakins(m): 10:09pm On Apr 09, 2021
Na una be their baba isalẹ na, how will you pay ransom to ur workers when you don already dey settle dem steady steady before

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by Beremx(f): 10:24pm On Apr 09, 2021
Why did you withdraw your son from a public school then?

Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by Iykoto86(m): 10:32pm On Apr 09, 2021
I might hate el- rufi for many of his utterances,but I like him for his doggedness when it comes to standing up for what he believes in. The average Fulani man is not a good neighbor lass lass.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:11pm On Apr 09, 2021
I.diot. Because you know your son will not be kidnapped.
Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by BigSarah(f): 12:10am On Apr 10, 2021
Lol why will you pay to yourself. Wasted effort na

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by ursullalinda(f): 5:15am On Apr 10, 2021
I pity those who believe politicians and what they say.......where will they see his son and kidnap him?......when half of the security personnel that should be guiding the country are at their service.

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by nairalee(m): 5:16am On Apr 10, 2021
So u want us to believe that the kidnappers are releasing the Forestry students installmentally just like that without payment? Well done
Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by Chirowman(m): 5:17am On Apr 10, 2021
Story story
Re: El-Rufai: I Won’t Pay Ransom Even If My Son Is Kidnapped by stanluiz(m): 5:17am On Apr 10, 2021
Abeg park one side. Terrorists sponsorer!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Government, Cleric Warn MURIC Against Causing Religious War In Osun / 14 PDP Governors Submit Letter Of Resignation Over Amechi Suspension / Nigeria To Use Sukuk For Infrastructural Funding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.