Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,968 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist (2324 Views)

Oseni: "If I Am To Start With Him, Reno Will Not Exist" - Reno Shares New Audio / Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break / State Of Osun Does Not Exist - Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by Monogamy: 8:16am On Apr 10, 2021
Stone words
Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by daveson2020(m): 9:23am On Apr 10, 2021
grin grin grin I feel your frustrations my dear, keep writing rubbish about biafra,every old Easterner have already choose to leave you and your useless one nigga-area.do you watch joint broadcast on nnamdi kanu and ambazonia leader?. You know nothing. you are just a low life unity begger grin

1 Like

Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by Collyweed: 10:24am On Apr 10, 2021
I am sure when folks were jumping into life boats to save themselves from the rapidly sinking Titanic, some “smart patriot” was warning them about the futility of leaving a big, strong beautiful ship to risk their lives in some flimsy boats.

At least, some lucky fish got his dinner. Every thing has a purpose.

1 Like

Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by dochenaj: 1:27pm On Apr 10, 2021
tishbite41:
you are dreaming. If there is a referendum today, the Igbo will vote massively for Biafra. You think you are wiser than the Fulanis who equate referendum to war?!
Why don't we do an experiment.

Take a random sampling of 20 people from all the states that constitute the Biafra region and ask them what their vote will be?

You realize that the present Biafra territory is not limited to the South Eastern states of Nigeria?
Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by criuze(m): 1:38pm On Apr 10, 2021
so Nigeria will be there to appease you and your world as the symbol of black icon

even if it took seven billion years biafra shall be free

go and cry to your world

1 Like

Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by dochenaj: 1:46pm On Apr 10, 2021
SmartPolician:
You certainly live in a cloud cuckoo land. The day Nigerian government will accept to hold a referendum, you will be shocked at the number of Igbos who want out of this contraption. Perhaps you should ask yourself why they always threaten those who call for secession with war. They should hold the referendum already!

Nigeria is skewed to favour certain people, meaning that there's no fairness, justice and equity. I don't even have the strength to outline the brazen and endless failings of this joke of a country.

Like I always tell those who care to listen, the only set of people who wish to continue with this convoluted shithole are those who benefit from it.

For the rest of us who are deeply embarrassed to be associated with a dysfunctional system, leaving Nigeria is one of the best things that would ever happen in our time.

Udo.com
The country is truly a shithole. Nothing seems to be working, but secession is not really the solution to Nigeria's problem.

The biggest problem of Nigeria is with the people, however if you divide the country into separate States, the rot will not suddenly go away.

But my point is not really about, how secession is not a viable solution to the Nigerian problem but rather how unrealistic the Nnamdi Kanu way of agitating for Biafra will succeed in achieving the Biafra dream.

The truth is that the only way Biafra will happen is if there is a constitutional amendment adding a right to secession in there. Only then can a referendum be conducted to determine how the masses feel about secession.

The UN will never override the sovereignty of another nation and force them into conducting a process that is contrary to the specification of their constitution.

As long as Nigeria maintains the facade of running a Democratic government no foreign power will interject itself into the Nigerian system.
Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by Idiko1: 1:59pm On Apr 10, 2021
Rossikki:
Some folks think the Biafran cause is advanced the more they see news of Kanu and IPOB in western media.

Wakey wakey....

International publicity of 'Biafra' means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

It is even an indicator of worse to come for the South East, in terms of insecurity, if care is not taken.

This was exactly the same way 'Biafra' was publicised in the western media in the 1960s.

Ojukwu was the toast of the world media, giving interviews to major western news networks.

Prominent Igbos like Chinua Achebe went abroad to play influencer roles as per Biafra.

In the end, what happened?

Biafra was crushed.

There is nothing to suggest that the support the world gave for One Nigeria against Biafra back then, will be any different this time.

Until you people understand that the world does not want NIGERIA to be dismantled, you will keep wasting your time in conflict.

Forget oyinbos for a minute.

The entire black world, including America's powerful Congressional Black Caucus, the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People), Black Lives Matter, et al, ALL lobby the US govt to ensure the stability of Nigeria, which is regarded by the global black intelligentsia as Africa's and the black man's ONLY hope for a future black superpower on the Earth.

They, as well as international investors, are well aware that Nigeria is projected to become the 3rd most populous nation on Earth after India and China by 2050, making it a veritable world power and a world investment and industrialisation magnet of the first order.

Major international companies are already conducting multi-million dollar research on how to thrive in the Nigerian market in coming decades.

Indigenous businesses here in Nigeria do NOT want a breakup of Nigeria. Because they KNOW that that will cut their market.

Today they have free access to a market of 210 million people, which a splintering of Nigeria will reduce to 30 to 40 million, if they're lucky.

So why will they support breakup?

Go to INNOSON and suggest to him that Nigeria should break up.

He will chase you out of his office.

Same as any manufacturer in Nnewi or Onitsha, or Awka.

Or go and say it to Chief Allen Onyema, CEO of Air Peace, West Africa's biggest airline, which is now competing with Ethiopian Airlines.

Air Peace became West Africa's biggest airline just by operating within Nigeria.

Now they're expanding to Europe, Jamaica, India, Australia, America, based on profits they made by operating within the Nigerian airspace.

I mean, come on.

What are we talking about?

The money men and businessmen of Igboland are 100% aware that their prosperity and continued business expansion are directly tied to their free, steady, uninterrupted access to the Nigerian market.

And they know that such access is only guaranteed by the South East remaining part and parcel of the Nigerian family.

So the stakes are too high, both locally and internationally.

Money makes the world go round.

Money talks and bullshit walks.

Nigeria is going nowhere, and there will be no Biafra, unless via some sort of Divine Intervention.

..............[img]https://media./images/352a64818fc74fc7a0f006a367b4e124/tenor.gif[/img]

As always on this forum, your figment of imagination tends to play silly tricks on you. As of 29 May, 1967, Biafra never existed as country or even suggested anywhere in world as country. A person wonders which period in 1960s when Biafra was publicized in the western media. If Biafra ever made the news in western media in 1960s, it was during the period Biafra was fighting for survival. This time a ground work is laid and templates formulated. Nigeria will not see peace if Biafra or Republic of Igboland is not actualized. Who gives a artass if the world does not want Nigeria to be disintegrated. May I ask on whose interest?

1 Like

Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by tishbite41(m): 2:12pm On Apr 10, 2021
dochenaj:
Why don't we do an experiment.

Take a random sampling of 20 people from all the states that constitute the Biafra region and ask them what their vote will be?

You realize that the present Biafra territory is not limited to the South Eastern states of Nigeria?
do that experiment and release the true statistics. I'm from Asaba so I know what I'm talking about. If the Fulanis believe your school of thought, they will hold that referendum to put Biafra to bed. The vote for Biafra will be overwhelming, they can't even rig it. Like I said earlier, you're not wiser than the British and Fulanis.

1 Like

Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by Idiko1: 2:13pm On Apr 10, 2021
Rossikki:

I don't know how old you are, but I can assure you that people have been projecting the 'imminent' collapse of Nigeria since the 1980s.

Nigeria is a VERY resilient country, and often gets to the precipice, but it NEVER collapses, because there are too many interests, here and abroad, that will fall with her. And those interests are not bad people alone. Good people too. So forget it.

Those interests are the 'foundation' you say Nigeria lacks.

They will ensure that the federal govt always has the wherewithal to maintain the territorial integrity of the nation, regardless of who is fighting who inside the country.

It is very funny your stream of thought engenders the need for medical help. Who amongst silly daydreamers looked for "Imminent collapse of Nigeria since the 1980s"? Nigeria is faced with serious armed insurgents who seemed fit to raise havoc. Boko Haram is a legitimate force. The bandits and unknown gunman are capable of staging serious and surprise attacks on anything including military installation. If the silly leaders of Nigeria will be foolish enough to aggrieve the IPOB and IPOO to join the wagon of armed insurgents, the Nigeria shall be a glorified historical fact.
Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by Idiko1: 2:18pm On Apr 10, 2021
chrisxxx:
Op you have said it all. But the Ipobians will come for you. Your exact reasoning was that of Azikiwe and why he insisted on One Nigeria.
It is all in favour of the Igbos. However when they were in top just before independence and a little after the independence they wanted One Nigeria. But immediately the power shift in 63 and there after they don't want it again.
You can't have your cake and eat it.

Please expatiate on the bolded. I guess you did not fall the victim of goofy history of Nigeria.
Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2021
Aconomist:
Rossike cries about the white man all day. But when his beloved president Bubu visits the white man for medical treatment, Rossike is silent.

See him happy that the same white men are against the possibility of a great black nation in the coming of Biafra.
To think his prototype of a great black nation is Nigeria as it it where nobody knows whether he will see the next day thanks to state sponsored terrorism , you begin to see that the black race is a hopeless one since Nigeria is the best she can muster.
Rossikke , with you, it sucks to be black

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:16pm On Apr 10, 2021
Aconomist:
Rossike cries about the white man all day. But when his beloved president Bubu visits the white man for medical treatment, Rossike is silent.

Rossikki , that's if Nigeria decided to become violent with it. It really shows how 'great' the giant is , if it cannot conduct peaceful balkanization. And your FG is on the side of terrorists and bandits daily leaving the masses helpless and even killing them should they try to protect themselves from banditry and terrorism.

If Nigeria is what you are fighting hard to keep, then you shouldn't wonder why racism continues. Nobody will respect anybody whose country that is essentially a cesspit.

Simpletons like you don't know what civilization is all about

2 Likes

Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by NigeriaIsZOO: 3:24pm On Apr 10, 2021
Rossikki:
[s]Some folks think the Biafran cause is advanced the more they see news of Kanu and IPOB in western media.

Wakey wakey....

International publicity of 'Biafra' means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

It is even an indicator of worse to come for the South East, in terms of insecurity, if care is not taken.

This was exactly the same way 'Biafra' was publicised in the western media in the 1960s.

Ojukwu was the toast of the world media, giving interviews to major western news networks.

Prominent Igbos like Chinua Achebe went abroad to play influencer roles as per Biafra.

In the end, what happened?

Biafra was crushed.

There is nothing to suggest that the support the world gave for One Nigeria against Biafra back then, will be any different this time.

Until you people understand that the world does not want NIGERIA to be dismantled, you will keep wasting your time in conflict.

Forget oyinbos for a minute.

The entire black world, including America's powerful Congressional Black Caucus, the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People), Black Lives Matter, et al, ALL lobby the US govt to ensure the stability of Nigeria, which is regarded by the global black intelligentsia as Africa's and the black man's ONLY hope for a future black superpower on the Earth.

They, as well as international investors, are well aware that Nigeria is projected to become the 3rd most populous nation on Earth after India and China by 2050, making it a veritable world power and a world investment and industrialisation magnet of the first order.

Major international companies are already conducting multi-million dollar research on how to thrive in the Nigerian market in coming decades.

Indigenous businesses here in Nigeria do NOT want a breakup of Nigeria. Because they KNOW that that will cut their market.

Today they have free access to a market of 210 million people, which a splintering of Nigeria will reduce to 30 to 40 million, if they're lucky.

So why will they support breakup?

Go to INNOSON and suggest to him that Nigeria should break up.

He will chase you out of his office.

Same as any manufacturer in Nnewi or Onitsha, or Awka.

Or go and say it to Chief Allen Onyema, CEO of Air Peace, West Africa's biggest airline, which is now competing with Ethiopian Airlines.

Air Peace became West Africa's biggest airline just by operating within Nigeria.

Now they're expanding to Europe, Jamaica, India, Australia, America, based on profits they made by operating within the Nigerian airspace.

I mean, come on.

What are we talking about?

The money men and businessmen of Igboland are 100% aware that their prosperity and continued business expansion are directly tied to their free, steady, uninterrupted access to the Nigerian market.

And they know that such access is only guaranteed by the South East remaining part and parcel of the Nigerian family.

So the stakes are too high, both locally and internationally.

Money makes the world go round.

Money talks and bullshit walks.

Nigeria is going nowhere, and there will be no Biafra, unless via some sort of Divine Intervention.

..............[img]https://media./images/352a64818fc74fc7a0f006a367b4e124/tenor.gif[/img]
.[i]

When delusions is mixed with ignorance and morbid fear, this is the sort of paranoia it yields.

According to this dude, no world power or black movement wants Nigeria to break and they will lobby against it.

He also claimed that no Igbo industrialist would want Nigeria to break and he gave examples of Innoson and Peace Airlines.

Now, to burst your bubble, no one cares about Nigeria because they have become disgusted with what the country has become. Even blacks globally and Africans are disgusted at Nigeria and the embarrassment it brings to them. So they won't give a ratass seeing it broken up! Same applies to the West, what has the huge size of Nigeria done to help its people or even the subregion? We have continued to remain an exporter of terrorism in the subregion! Within the country, they continue to watch as their sensibilities get assaulted each passing day with mass killings and destruction all over the country! Joe Biden and Kamela Harris called leaders across the world, including African leaders but just like Obama and Trump overlooked Nigeria, they ignored Nigeria. So why are you still deluded that Nigeria worths anything in their eyes above the sh1thole status Trump accorded it?

You stated that Innoson is successful because Nigeria is a huge country, really? How many of his vehicles has the federal government bought? How many of it has state governments outside the SE and SS bought? Sierra Leone, Ghana and Niger among others that have purchased Innoson vehicles, are they part of Nigeria? Don't you know that Innoson will even become far more successful under Biafra considering that Biafran government won't think twice before making it our national vehicle? Don't you know the Biafran government will passionately lobby other countries in WA to patronize Innoson?

Again you mentioned Peace Airlines, now exactly has the Nigerian government done to help Peace Airlines? Nothing! The airlines will definitely do better under Biafra because the government will give it all the support it needs without bias. Rwanda airlines, Ethiopian airlines, Kenya airlines etc that are doing well in Africa, are their countries huge? Who are those mostly patronizing Peace Airlines? Igbos! Do other tribes have any options? No! Under Biafra, Peace Airlines would most definitely become one of the best airlines in Africa!

We Igbos 100% better off as Biafrans than Nigerians and we are leaving the contraption!
Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by Aconomist: 3:42pm On Apr 10, 2021
InyinyaAgbaOku:

See him happy that the same white men are against the possibility of a great black nation in the coming of Biafra.
To think his prototype of a great black nation is Nigeria as it it where nobody knows whether he will see the next day thanks to state sponsored terrorism , you begin to see that the black race is a hopeless one since Nigeria is the best she can muster.
I couldn't agree more. Who would want to be part of such a collosal failure? People like Rossike are so stagnant and satisfied with mediocrity.
Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by Skillsnigeria: 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2021
Useless writeup
Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by Okoroawusa: 4:21pm On Apr 10, 2021
Rossikki:

Great points. There is no appetite for war in the East because there has been no provocation to war.

The herdsmen crisis is not enough to arouse the region to war.

In South Sudan, millions of South Sudanese were being starved and slaughtered in Darfur and elsewhere by Sudanese forces.

So there was a grassroots demand for defending the homeland and seceding from Sudan by force, through battle.

In Igboland, there is no such situation.

Igboland is at peace, and is prospering by the day.

Pepper soup joints are filled at night.

People are rocking life.

So there will be no war, and hence, no secession.
I just wanted to make a correction...Darfur is not in South Sudan.

I love your line of argument though
Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by dochenaj: 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2021
tishbite41:
do that experiment and release the true statistics. I'm from Asaba so I know what I'm talking about. If the Fulanis believe your school of thought, they will hold that referendum to put Biafra to bed. The vote for Biafra will be overwhelming, they can't even rig it. Like I said earlier, you're not wiser than the British and Fulanis.
First of all, the constitution has nothing like that in place. You can't just do something that goes against the very wording of the constitution without changing the constitution first.

Arguing that the government (which you erroneously keep calling Fulanis) should conduct an unconstitutional referendum just to prove you wrong and their failure to conduct the said illegal referendum means you're right, is plain stupid logic.
Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by tishbite41(m): 5:40pm On Apr 10, 2021
dochenaj:

First of all, the constitution has nothing like that in place. You can't just do something that goes against the very wording of the constitution without changing the constitution first.

Arguing that the government (which you erroneously keep calling Fulanis) should conduct an unconstitutional referendum just to prove you wrong and their failure to conduct the said illegal referendum means you're right, is plain stupid logic.
it is obvious I'm talking to a Fulani slave. You talked about the referendum and I urged you on. Seeing you were at a dead end, you detoured to Abdulsalami's decree aka constitution. You don't know that the principle of self-determination is enshrined in the UN and Nigerian constitution. We at IPOB are working on ourselves. When we are ready you would see things for yourselves.
Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by dochenaj: 6:03pm On Apr 10, 2021
tishbite41:
it is obvious I'm talking to a Fulani slave. You talked about the referendum and I urged you on. Seeing you were at a dead end, you detoured to Abdulsalami's decree aka constitution. You don't know that the principle of self-determination is enshrined in the UN and Nigerian constitution. We at IPOB are working on ourselves. When we are ready you would see things for yourselves.
You said I talked about referendum like if that is not the centrepiece of IPOB arguments. Making it seem that I created the concept of referendum because you suddenly realize it is a fool's errand doesn't do your argument any good.

However if IPOB thinks they can pull off what Ojukwu did, then Nnamdi Kanu should come back the same way he sneaked out of the country and declare the state of Biafra.

But I guess you are working on yourselves. How long do you think this working on yourselves will take? So we can just watch and see.
Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by Omoslim26: 6:14pm On Apr 10, 2021
Oga op hope you know if this failed country splits it won't be the first.

If the other regions come together to agree that they are done with the mess of a country, that will be the end of Nigeria, the world would have no choice than to adjust.

Although I don't believe in mnk's fight, he doesn't even strikes me as a leader material, all I see his an egomaniac and a supremacists and this traits do not have a place in Igbo heritage and Culture.

2 Likes

Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by tishbite41(m): 7:05pm On Apr 10, 2021
dochenaj:
You said I talked about referendum like if that is not the centrepiece of IPOB arguments. Making it seem that I created the concept of referendum because you suddenly realize it is a fool's errand doesn't do your argument any good.

However if IPOB thinks they can pull off what Ojukwu did, then Nnamdi Kanu should come back the same way he sneaked out of the country and declare the state of Biafra.

But I guess you are working on yourselves. How long do you think this working on yourselves will take? So we can just watch and see.
don't believe me, just watch. Thanks.
Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by Rossikki: 10:46pm On Apr 10, 2021
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Hahahahaha...

You think Biafra will be a '' a great black nation''?

Why?

First off, assuming (highly unlikely) the Niger Delta agrees to become the junior party and join Igbos in a 'Biafra', it will immediately lead to dispute and possible conflict in the new country, as Igbos assume the role of overlords over the Delta's oil by virtue of larger population.

It will essentially be a miniature version of Nigeria, as presently constituted, but with Igbos assuming the new ''born to rule'' elites of your nightmares.

Added to that will be the fact that Biafra will come under the influence of France, who will want to extract benefits for their support in attaining Biafra etc etc. The same thing would have happened had Ojukwu won. France would have become the defacto colonial power of Biafra and you would all be speaking French today.

France could even insist you join the franc.

If your leader tries to exert independence, France will do a Laurent Gbagbo on him, and send in a couple of helicopters to install a new president.

Biafra at most, will be France's bit.ch.

Most certainly not a ''great African country''.

You'll just be another South Sudan. If you're lucky.
Re: The REAL Reason Biafra Will Not Exist by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:42pm On Apr 10, 2021
Rossikki:

Hahahahaha...

You think Biafra will be a '' a great black nation''?

Why?

First off, assuming (highly unlikely) the Niger Delta agrees to become the junior party and join Igbos in a 'Biafra', it will immediately lead to dispute and possible conflict in the new country, as Igbos assume the role of overlords over the Delta's oil by virtue of larger population.

It will essentially be a miniature version of Nigeria, as presently constituted, but with Igbos assuming the new ''born to rule'' elites of your nightmares.

Added to that will be the fact that Biafra will come under the influence of France, who will want to extract benefits for their support in attaining Biafra etc etc. The same thing would have happened had Ojukwu won. France would have become the defacto colonial power of Biafra and you would all be speaking French today.

France could even insist you join the franc.

If your leader tries to exert independence, France will do a Laurent Gbagbo on him, and send in a couple of helicopters to install a new president.

Biafra at most, will be France's bit.ch.

Most certainly not a ''great African country''.

You'll just be another South Sudan. If you're lucky.

Nigeria is already operating like south sudan and Britain's bitch, get you defend it. Nigeria is already a cesspit , with Hausas being the born to rule and the control of the oil not being in the hands of the same Niger deltans you claim to love. Yet you support it. There is nothing that you falsely envisage for Biafra that isn't already happening in Nigeria in manifold , so what's your point and what's giant about Nigeria ?

Biafra won't be on the side of terrorists and Fulani herdsmen when the latter duo should come on their people, Biafra won't even harbor such elements. Biafra will protect her people as far as they have the weapons - the very fundamental sovereign responsibility Nigeria sucks at. At least, a country that wouldn't kill her masses for protesting terrorists. Can your Nigeria boast of that ?
We are still on security.

We haven't talked of other things o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kanu Nnamdi Is In Stable Condition, Hale And Hearty / Ahmadu bello Speech About The Igbo. Is He Correct / Tinubu Disappointed Me - Kunle Rasheed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.