Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,094 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri (25062 Views)

Mele Kyari, NNPC MD, Not Fired / Mele Kyari: NNPC To Become Limited Liability Company From 1st July 2022 / Mele. Kyari: NNPC To Stop Running Refineries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by SammyChi1988: 10:10am On Apr 10, 2021
Ladumaa:
will ogoni ever be cleaned up??
Anyway, Thank you fg for the pipe line protection jobs you gave to our niger delta youths..
Our Darling daddy is doing very well for the Niger delta youths.. grin

Fulani boy talking... Which job did they create to Niger Delta youths? Is high time the youths of South south rise up against this injustice.
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by COMPAQ(m): 10:11am On Apr 10, 2021
Yankee101:
...and potential supply of gas power to neigbouring cities and border countries like Niger republic...

The impunity with which nigeria is being raped is angering

People need to wake up

Is there any gas power supply in the Niger delta?

But Dangote has gas pipelines powering his factory in the north

Yes there are gas powered electricity plants in the Niger delta. And almost all of Dangote's factories are in the south.
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by Youngzedd(m): 10:16am On Apr 10, 2021
Did I not tell you that this government is filled with people wey no get sense.

I see this as cash out.

Do $1M work, write on $5M on paper, send boko boys to destroy the infrastructure..

Share the $4M, case closed.
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by airminem(f): 10:18am On Apr 10, 2021
Y'uall crying out loud?! If the gas plant will end insurgency in the North, why not let it be the bargain. . embarassed
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by samwillyco1(m): 10:21am On Apr 10, 2021
Another way to loot a common wealth of the Country.

Useless regime in history of the whole world.
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by Chirowman(m): 10:24am On Apr 10, 2021
Bokoharam will soon bomb this , gas is no joke oooo . Borno has suffered building gas plant there is like setting Atomic bomb ready to detonate with the high level of insurgency in maiduguri .
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by Blackdisciple(m): 10:26am On Apr 10, 2021
Hmmm!

That place is crawling with bokoharam ,

How many armed personal will they mount there cos they will need to assure the workers safety ..

Well it's a good one ..
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by ogododo: 10:27am On Apr 10, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Our government is truly clueless. How can you be building a gas installation in a place that's overrun with insurgency? Anyway, another waste of resources is uploading

Dem wan waste Niger Delta oyel money again.
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by MansoryMX(m): 10:36am On Apr 10, 2021
Latvin:

Govt, either through NNPC or NCDMB have stakes in many of the modular refineries now coming on stream in the South. NLNG Train7 is a $10bln investment in Bonny. There is a massive pipeline connecting East to West which is nearing completion(the precursor of AKK). Even if many disagree (including me), govt will spend $1.5bln to rehabilitate PortHarcourt refinery. There are a lot more like that being financed by NNPC.

The project in Bonny Island have been in Establishment even before we got into democracy and Obj setup the rest still going on there till date. I will ask you again, name one new project in Niger Delta by this administration?

1 Like

Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by MansoryMX(m): 10:37am On Apr 10, 2021
COMPAQ:

Yes there are gas powered electricity plants in the Niger delta. And almost all of Dangote's factories are in the south.

See the nonsense coming out of this own mouth. Dangote factories in the South? Who swear give this one!

Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:38am On Apr 10, 2021
stanluiz:
He won't do anything. The thug of a governor is nothing but a fulani caliphate slave!!

North will continue to use their resources to develop their desert region since they see IGbo as their problems. There land will be exploited and polluted.

Almost all the oil block and oil in the South South are owned by Northerners yet the idiot called wike went to sokoto and bow down like a slave he is .
he is a fool ... Slave indeed
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by BigBashiru: 10:42am On Apr 10, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Our government is truly clueless. How can you be building a gas installation in a place that's overrun with insurgency? Anyway, another waste of resources is uploading

It's called low iq
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 10, 2021
y maiduguri ,,,
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by meobizy(f): 10:52am On Apr 10, 2021
Yet we still won’t have twenty-four hour electricity supply.
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by aloma007(m): 10:59am On Apr 10, 2021
Ammishaddai:
no mind them jare, na to compen$ate bokoharam and nothern cabal, if not, why borno of all place$. Na now or never to divide the zoo called nijeriya
the nothern region iz alwayz 1$t in all agenda. I bet with my life that nigeria will become wor$e if election iz held in 2023. #endnigeria coming to trend $oon
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by LordReed(m): 10:59am On Apr 10, 2021
Ammishaddai:

As in, the lack of clear effective reasoning just screams out with such a pronouncement. And person even acknowledged that the reason the place has electricity challenges is due to destruction of infrastructure.
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by LordReed(m): 11:03am On Apr 10, 2021
Trogge:
... Uncle, luggard has nothing to do with what going on now. U wanted independent he gave you. Pls is it luggard that says your leaders should embrace corruption.

Do you even know who Lord Lugard was? He had nothing to do with Nigeria's independence, he was even dead 15years prior to 1960. Brush up on your Nigerian history.
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by Okoroawusa: 11:08am On Apr 10, 2021
I Love PMB
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by Latvin: 11:20am On Apr 10, 2021
MansoryMX:

The project in Bonny Island have been in Establishment even before we got into democracy and Obj setup the rest still going on there till date. I will ask you again, name one new project in Niger Delta by this administration?

The one I am talking about is the new train 7 to be built in addition to the existing 6 trains. Train 7 will cost over $10bln.

I can keep giving you examples of many projects executed in the South. There is a Masterplan that has been in existence way before this govt came into power. It is being executed in stages
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by MansoryMX(m): 11:24am On Apr 10, 2021
Latvin:

The one I am talking about is the new train 7 to be built in addition to the existing 6 trains. Train 7 will cost over $10bln.

I can keep giving you examples of many projects executed in the South. There is a Masterplan that has been in existence way before this govt came into power. It is being executed in stages

We are not talking about the useless railway in a country with zero infrastructure. We are talking about oil and gas sector. Name one project initiated by this administration?
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by colossus91(m): 11:30am On Apr 10, 2021
Ammishaddai:

My thoughts too,bro Buhari is a menace!!
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by Latvin: 11:32am On Apr 10, 2021
MansoryMX:

We are not talking about the useless railway in a country with zero infrastructure. We are talking about oil and gas sector. Name one project initiated by this administration?

I am talking of NLNG train 7, you are talking about railway lines.

I can't continue with this conversation if we are arguing about basics
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by Trogge: 11:37am On Apr 10, 2021
LordReed:

Do you even know who Lord Lugard was? He had nothing to do with Nigeria's independence, he was even dead 15years prior to 1960. Brush up on your Nigerian history.
. Then why blaming luggard
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 10, 2021
ThumbzTNA:
Where are the 'our oyel-ians'? They will use your oil to develop Maiduguri like they used it to develop Lagos and Abuja. But unfortunately, some of you think Igbos are your problem
kindly check the states with highest IGR before saying trash
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by MansoryMX(m): 11:54am On Apr 10, 2021
Latvin:

I am talking of NLNG train 7, you are talking about railway lines.

I can't continue with this conversation if we are arguing about basics

The Train 7 project is led by NLNG, a joint venture between the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and international oil majors Royal Dutch Shell, ENI and Total, established in 1989 to monetize Nigeria's vast but underutilized natural gas reserves. NLNG commenced operations following the successful completion of its two-train base project in October 1999 on a site approximately 40 kilometers south of Port Harcourt on the eastern part of the Niger Delta.

I know where you are heading for you info, I just want to know see if you understand where you are heading. That project has been on ground for years! In conclusion, this administration has not initiated one single project in Niger Delta in the oil and gas sector. Let’s not deceive ourselves. I do not blame Buhari, I blame my useless leaders here in the south south who are bloody fools for believing one Nigeria still exist!
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by NigeriaIsZOO: 11:57am On Apr 10, 2021
Hmnnn, this is serious!
The gambaris are packing and looting everything they can lay their hands on and investing it all in the North. The rate they are grabbing everything is so alarming but they don't care what Southerners think or feel about it because all they want is to use this small window of opportunity left before Nigeria's break-up to steal everything.

I pity the "our oyel crew" mostly because while their environment is grossly polluted, their cities filled with slums, acid rains and cancerous sooth, their rivers and farmlands destroyed, yet they watch daily while the abo.kis treat them like slaves that will do all the work for their masters to enjoy.

The most foolish of all is the bastard called wike, this dingbat is busy fighting with IPOB, fighting traditional rulers in his state, fighting Akpabio and his Ibibio people, fighting Ijaws and everyone around him but he worships the sultan, lavishes money on the same people defrauding them!

P.H, Warri, Benin, Calabar etc has remained stagnated but go to the North and see Kano, Kaduna, Abuja etc being developed at a very fast pace!

The coming generations of these oil producing region will cry on the graves of their fathers and curse them when they see how they failed to create a bright future for them.
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by sokera: 11:59am On Apr 10, 2021
ThumbzTNA:
Where are the 'our oyel-ians'? They will use your oil to develop Maiduguri like they used it to develop Lagos and Abuja. But unfortunately, some of you think Igbos are your problem
don't ever include Lagos in that believe... cocoa money was use to develop Lagos and do you know what Income Lagos waterways gives to Nigeria annually ? Go and make your research before including or concluding that oil money is use to develop Lagos ...
Re: Mele Kyari: NNPC To Construct Africa's Largest Gas-Powered Plant In Maiduguri by LordReed(m): 12:08pm On Apr 10, 2021
Trogge:
. Then why blaming luggard

If you knew who Lugrad is you'd understand. Go study who amalgamated the north and south protectorates in 1914.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Garba Shehu: No DSS Advisory Before Buhari Warning Against Muslim-muslim Ticket / Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments / Osinbajo And APC Governors Land In Kebbi For Policy Synergy Parley (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.