Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors (23779 Views)

First Bank Debtors. Starcomms Owing N40b / How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? / Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by Luizkid(m): 8:11am On Apr 11, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:
I am owing am owing alot of people. It's not as if I wanted to but I had no option. Now I enter my house around past 10 and always leave around 7am.

I have also changed the root of my movement. It's not like I am happy owning, infact I am paying back little by little
embarassed cry things are tough out here
Owing pple money is not a crime, anybody can be in that situation, the problem is even if you don't have to pay back show your lender that you genuinely don't have. I have pple owing me and just pretend like nothing. Worst still, they just conclude that you're a big boy and don't need the money. I hate that thing.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by Athemisia: 8:13am On Apr 11, 2021
MrCuteking:
My case is similar. I loaned my best friend #250k. As in childhood friend from the same secondary school. He works as a fullstack senior web developer.

Stays on his own. He said he needed to change his apartment to a better place that he would pay by month end once salary enters.

Out of pity, I sent him the money, since February till date oga told me that his work is presently unstable that he is combing for other jobs.

He's not called for a month now. I know it's his girlfriend that is making him act stupid but I know what to do.

go voodoo with him... he will come running to pay you...

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by 3RNEST(m): 8:13am On Apr 11, 2021
Samsimple:
Lending money to family and friends is not something I would advice anyone to do.. only borrow what you can dash. Read again

never lend a average Nigerian girl money, they will never pay back
Food of though, Borrow what u can afford to dash.. smiley
Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by hakeem4(m): 8:14am On Apr 11, 2021
CheedyJ:

This is creative but risky ooo, just imagine something bad happened to him by a way of coincidence after your fake incantations, na prison straight ooo
he can’t go to prison because of religious reasons. No court would even take the case serious

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by CheedyJ(m): 8:15am On Apr 11, 2021
hakeem4:
he can’t go to prison because of religious reasons. No court would even take the case serious
You go tell Nigerian police that one na

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by 3RNEST(m): 8:15am On Apr 11, 2021
Luizkid:

Owing pple money is not a crime, anybody can be in that situation, the problem is even if you don't have to pay back show your debtor that you genuinely don't have. I have pple owing me and just pretend like nothing worst still, they just conclude that you're a big boy and don't need the money. I hate that thing.
So true, grin cux big boy no dey go broke.
Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by EgunMogaji2: 8:15am On Apr 11, 2021
post=100685108:
As law abiding citizens that all of us @ are.
We will go the gentle and legal way with the below steps.

First of all,
The person who owes you money has broken his/her word
Send a gentle reminder, (Letter, Sms etc)
Discuss or negotiate terms of payment with the debtor. Review your agreement if there is one.
Send a monetary demand letter.
Consider using a debt collection firm.
Again, Remind Them About the Debt.
If all else fails, Get your lawyer to write a letter to him/her.
Make Sure the Lawyer's Letter Goes Out.
Go to Court.

Then relax and watch God fight your battle for you. wink

It wasn’t until the lawyer letter was received that my debtor paid but without my lawyers fee.

Now I’m suing him for that too.

Some people just have no shame.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by Ever8090: 8:18am On Apr 11, 2021
Samsimple:
Lending money to family and friends is not something I would advice anyone to do.. only borrow what you can dash. Read again

you are very correct..
Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by UwaMmebii(m): 8:20am On Apr 11, 2021
seanwilliam:
I lent my sister my WHOLE first salary . 6 months I no see am collect . She just Dey use emotional tactics on me. E pain me reach bone marrow..

These days before u even talk of me borrowing u money , I go don give u problem talk Wey be say u self go shut up and pity me

You mean your blood sister? Well if na my biological sister I don't see it as borrowing I can even dash it to her. The one that pain me most is lending some ladies Money. Some of them is very disrepectfull in time of payment. I have had a first hand experience from them.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by seanwilliam(m): 8:24am On Apr 11, 2021
UwaMmebii:

You mean your blood sister? Well if na my biological sister I don't see it as borrowing I can even dash it to her. The one that pain me most is lending some ladies Money. Some of them is very disrepectfull in time of payment. I have had a first hand experience from them.

Bro. I am talking about my first SALARY AFTER school Wey be say 5 naira I no comot inside. I had to borrow money to live on till the next month ... I lent her the whole sAlary .. even though I am more than the money today , anytime I think about it , I felt like a foool. I can never borrow anyone money I can’t let go no matter what u tell me..

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by Ajiswaggs(m): 8:26am On Apr 11, 2021
Vulcanheph:

True talk.
There's this girl I liked and based on the fact that i felt some sort of chemistry with her and I thought she was into me, I asked her out and she told me that she wasn't ready for a relationship (I just thought she was playing hard to get) , but sometimes later she called me and told me to loan her some money , I got cautious and told her I'd loan her half of it (although I saw it more like a gift under the pretense that it was a loan), I used that opportunity to tell her about my feelings for her once more but she kept on insisting that she wasn't interested in a relationship, that made me change my mind about gifting her the money (since I never told her it was a gift but still a loan).... I called her severally to pay me back but she has been posting me.

Naija girls matter tire me, you don't want to date a guy but you feel entitled to his money....
Now I truly understand why Mosdii always says "Naija girls are useless, all of them..."
Omo....Aswear na the same matter I dey on this too.... Though I never loaned her.... Always complain of hungry and broke but she will be requesting from me and you are not interested with any relationship with me...... Naso I just dey post her everyday, d thing dey pain her die

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by Lekan239(m): 8:29am On Apr 11, 2021
Lovethaa:
Lol...

Okay so this guy called me up begging me to pls lend him money , he was a close friend so I decided to help him out , I gave him the 50k he requested and he promised to pay back month end..

Normally I would have dashed him the whole money but at the time I borrowed him I was broke and I borrowed to save him and also as a way to keep me from spending the money because that was like my last card ..

Month end reach and this guy did not call or text , after a week I called him and he told me to forget the money now , " u be big boy now "... I told him I'm broke and the money is my last hope , next tin I know this guy hangs up on me..

I was mad ehn.. I called him again and he didn't pick , he later blocked my line on phone and WhatsApp ... I was pissed but I remain calm , he taught me a bitter lesson.... But God will have it ,after about 3 months he did a business deal with a friend of mine ,..

The guy then gave me his own share cos his number was not going through at that time , so the guy gave me the cash to pass it to him , the cash was 120k.
since he had block me I couldn't call him , by the time he got to know that his money was with me he almost ran mad.. he couldn't drag it.. he begged and begged and begged and ask people to beg me .. I accepted his plea but that was after I removed 70k.....
you copied and pasted. I have read this somewhere here on nairaland before

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by Ladycewhy(f): 8:34am On Apr 11, 2021
To cut the long story short , people are still owing 11 years asoebi money. And I just heard announcement in the church , people are still owing last year's mothers day cloth money.The irony of it all is I don't feel comfortable owing money.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by alllivesmatter(m): 8:45am On Apr 11, 2021
webshopNG:
People borrow money and just assume you don't need it anymore.

Hehehehehehehehehe. True Analogy o

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by alllivesmatter(m): 8:47am On Apr 11, 2021
keypha1:
My guy came back from abroad, after he spent his money finish, he came my place and beg me to borrow him 100k, in next 3 days he will give me, I gave him and he travel back to Malaysia without giving me my money, I called and beg him to pay me my money I wan add m pay my house rent, this guy tell me so if I did not pay you back u can't find money and pay for ur house, I was mad, I trust my side village, umueri or aguleri, you can't shop somebody money and go free, I called him that I will sue him in alunsi, and that alunsi no dey Mercy, he kills instantly, he will start killing from your love ones , I went home and they call him that they give him 4 market days, on the last 4 days they will shoot gun for him in the air, am surprised within 2 days he called me to send my account number, few minit I received alert of 100k gbagam, I was so happy and I settled them and go back, I just wan put fear for him and he pay me my money, sometimes people will take addvantage that you don't want problem, they will take u as fool when you borrow them money.

That friend of yours is completely wicked. Delete him from your friendspace

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by Yungmil: 8:49am On Apr 11, 2021
pek:
*sometime*
Does it even sound cool to you when you say sometimes ago?
English teacher, with all the English you know and speak how much has it fetched you? Your mates are making cool cash, you are here speaking English, as if it is ur native language.

Just share experience that's all!!!!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by PotatoSalad(m): 8:50am On Apr 11, 2021
Girl owed me for two years. She no gree payback. Tricked her into taking me out. I chop like pesin wey just finish fasting. We still waka go Roban stores, I used that opportunity to get one canteen water bottle I always wanted to buy. Told her to pay that I don't have much in my atm card, that I'll send her cash when I reach home.
It's been over a year and I'm yet to reach home.
I don't lend, and I don't borrow.
Make everybody dey their dey

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by Ifesinachi22(m): 8:51am On Apr 11, 2021
Yungmil:
People can be so funny at times.

Someone came to borrow money from me sometimes ago and this person was so humble and calm while asking for the money, which made me to have compassion and lend the money to the person with the promise that he will pay back a a given time.

Fast forward to the expected time of payment my debtor defaulted and this time around was even shouting at the top of his voice that I should let him be whenever he has the money he will pay.

These deceitful attitude of some debtors(not all) has really discouraged me from borrowing people money. I now prefer to dash the person the money if I have, rather than to borrow him or her.

Please share your terrible experience with your debtors

In the past 4 years, no one i ever lend money paid back

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by beta247: 8:51am On Apr 11, 2021
Jestin:
I have developed the habits of not borrowing anyone money . If you come to me for borrow, I will give u the little I have for free and move on.

Saying NO to a close friend or a family member is part of the most difficult task for me. But I had to developed a very strong heart after several lessons tought.

This phrase could help.

'' My money is still trapped with someone (if u can name dem better) unless he/she pay me, I can not lend another one''

I have a soft heart. Someone come to me last night for some money. Could you believe I couldn't say NO I was just stammering, Lol me and my money ooo. GOD help me to say the above and both the party leaves happily.

It works

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by Yungmil: 8:53am On Apr 11, 2021
seanwilliam:

Bro. I am talking about my first SALARY AFTER school Wey be say 5 naira I no comot inside. I had to borrow money to live on till the next month ... I lent her the whole sAlary .. even though I am more than the money today , anytime I think about it , I felt like a foool. I can never borrow anyone money I can’t let go no matter what u tell me..
Bro if it is ur blood sister it shouldn't be an issue. Family first

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by poiZon: 8:53am On Apr 11, 2021
Samsimple:

My woman lends me money and she pay back once she is paid.
She is a Nigerian.
Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by Yungmil: 8:55am On Apr 11, 2021
PotatoSalad:
Girl owed me for two years. She no gree payback. Tricked her into taking me out. I chop like pesin wey just finish fasting. We still waka go Roban stores, I used that opportunity to get one canteen water bottle I always wanted to buy. Told her to pay that I don't have much in my atm card, that I'll send her cash when I reach home.
Guy sense no fit kill u
Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by coldFLARES1(m): 8:55am On Apr 11, 2021
Kondomatic:
I got a call from her one evening requesting financial assistance. I wasn't expecting something like that from her because she was(still is) doing well for herself. She works and owns a business and I was like "okay, maybe she's down on cash, it happens to everyone" so I sent the requested amount.

The agreement was that she would pay back on Monday evening and this happened on Saturday morning.

Six months later I still no see my money and ma'am has stopped taking my calls and would not return messages.

I was shocked.

So I decided to block her on her way to church, I initially wanted to go to her church to get my money but on a second thought I decided that the embarrassment wasn't necessary.

She saw me before I could see her and turned back and then called me on phone with a hidden number and started ranting.

"So it has gotten to this right? See, I heard everything you said and I am ready for whatever you want to do, you hear? Take the case to anywhere you want. Police oo, Army oo, human rights oo, court oo, I am ready for anything"

I was calm the whole time and didn't say a word until she said "hello? Can you hear me?"

"I can hear you ma" I said "I am just trying to figure out what I did wrong. You needed my help and I gave you my help but this is how you want to pay me back?

If you're having some financial problems, let me know, I may understand. If you don't want to pay me at all, please let me know, I can leave it for you but if you just want a problem with me then I am equally up for it and no, I can't take you you to human rights or any of the places you mentioned.

That's what civilized people do but I am not civilized.
If I need my money this evening, I will send some street boys to you and they will get my money with interest and also take any other thing they want.

Or I can just take your name to a shrine in the village, thank God we are from the same place so you know how it is, you will pay me my money and pay for all the expenses..... "

She no let me finish before she begin beg.

Gave me a date and paid before that day.

I love the way you handled your debt recovery. You're the total man mehn.

Would say I have learnt lessons with lending money anyways. Most times, when people come to borrow money that they intend to use to solve some personal or family/domestic problems, or a crisis situation in their businesses, chances are they're most likely to default on agreed timelines for repayment. In cases like that I help in ways I can. Like a paddy needed me to assist with a sizeable chunk of his rent because he was facing the threat of eviction. Promised to pay back. I just laughed and asked what job he did that'll help him generate a savings from which he intended to pay me. Las las, I promised and gave him the fraction I could sacrifice as my contribution and that settled it!

The last person which situation looked like he borrowed money from me has severely damaged our friendship, though I ensured I got back my payment.

He was a link to disposing some goods he previously sold to me which I found pretty difficult to sell. At the same price he sold to me about 7 months earlier, he sold to the new buyer but chose to feed me with incredible stories for three months until I lost my cool. I simply highlighted the steps I would take to get my money in a message to him (none was considerate) and promised him I would graduate from one to the other should he fail to retrieve my money and pay back.

Man that was avoiding my calls for almost a month reached back and gave a date.

He repaid a day after the deadline date he gave.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by bobbyslim(m): 8:55am On Apr 11, 2021
I borrow my friend money to start a busines(know this please don't ever borrow someone money to start business) I borrow him 40k tell me he's going to give my back by December(late year I mean) after December come story's start following story later he told me he's going to by paying me 5k weekly, but no turn up after people now put mouth to it he now give me 1k every day

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by NairalandAngel(m): 8:59am On Apr 11, 2021
Nigerian debtors are the worst kind!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by PotatoSalad(m): 9:01am On Apr 11, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:
I am owing am owing alot of people. It's not as if I wanted to but I had no option. Now I enter my house around past 10 and always leave around 7am.

I have also changed the root of my movement. It's not like I am happy owning, infact I am paying back little by little
embarassed cry things are tough out here
You be goat. Why not call them and give them update on the situation?
If you owe anyone, call and remind them you're on it.
If you're in frequent communication with someone who lent you money, that gesture might grant you a relief Instead of hiding like thief that you are.
You people are disgusting.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by jeff1607(m): 9:02am On Apr 11, 2021
post=100685108:
As law abiding citizens that all of us @ are.
We will go the gentle and legal way with the below steps.

First of all,
The person who owes you money has broken his/her word
Send a gentle reminder, (Letter, Sms etc)
Discuss or negotiate terms of payment with the debtor. Review your agreement if there is one.
Send a monetary demand letter.
Consider using a debt collection firm.
Again, Remind Them About the Debt.
If all else fails, Get your lawyer to write a letter to him/her.
Make Sure the Lawyer's Letter Goes Out.
Go to Court.

Then relax and watch God fight your battle for you. wink

In Nigeria or overseas?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by alllivesmatter(m): 9:04am On Apr 11, 2021
beta247:

Saying NO to a close friend or a family member is part of the most difficult task for me. But I had to developed a very strong heart after several lessons tought.

This phrase could help.

'' My money is still trapped with someone (if u can name dem better) unless he/she pay me, I can not lend another one''

I have a soft heart. Someone come to me last night for some money. Could you believe I couldn't say NO I was just stammering, Lol me and my money ooo. GOD help me to say the above and both the party leaves happily.

It works

Good point

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by jaguars(m): 9:10am On Apr 11, 2021
PotatoSalad:

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by joyfullyjoyous(f): 9:14am On Apr 11, 2021
I lent a woman selling foodstuff just 1k. Almost like 2 months later,I had problem withdrawing money. I went to her to ask if she could pay the money i lent her but she said she didn't have. I asked her to pls give me one spaghetti as she has it in her shop,again she said "see ehn I can't give u cos I got them on credit. I was so sad n couldn't figure out why she would be so bad to someone who was nice to her. Even my niece that went with me shed tears saying I didn't deserve that.
About two weeks later she came to shout on a woman she lent 700 naira in my compound. After she left,I told the woman she's owing me 1k n so she should go n tell her she should deduct that 700k from what she's owing me. She was furious n came to report me to my mum that I wanted to cause misunderstanding between two ppl,Imagine!
The surprising thing is she still came to borrow from me n I lent her.
She was hospitalized n when she got back home I still gave her money.
Sure within her she would feel bad each time she remembers what she did to me

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by IgboWarlord(m): 9:16am On Apr 11, 2021
Nobody will talk about their own experiences being the debtor ooo...

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors by Sunisonflex39(m): 9:20am On Apr 11, 2021
I took money money from someone in January said I will pay back in two months..
the guy was surprised when I wired him the money in three weeks.. he was not expecting such quick response..i paid back the whole twenty thousand because I can't sleep well knowing that I am in dept,and what if that two months reached and I didn't have the money....

when you have the money to pay back even when the agreed time has not reached.. please pay up... you don't know if you will have the money by then..

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Loan App Send A Fraud Message To My Hr Over Loan Default. Any Implication? / I Want To Know Abt Lot Sizes In Forex Trading / 5 Subtle Ways People Waste Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.