Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,278 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Does The Gospel Of Grace Promote Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Gospel Of Grace Promote Sin? (136 Views)

The Meaning Of The Original Gospel Of Being Bornagain / Pope Claims Angels Greeting Mary As Being Full Of Grace Meant She Is Without Sin / A Gospel of TRUTH, UNITY & UNCONDITIONAL LOVE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Gospel Of Grace Promote Sin? by livingchrist: 11:21pm On Apr 10, 2021
No because through christ we are dead to sin but alive to God.

Romans 6:2
God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

It is grace that teaches us to reject unrighteousness and live righteously.

Titus 2:11-12 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

So the grace of God makes righteousness to abound not sin.

Please take note, the patience and long suffering of God is the same as grace.
People may take advantage of the patience and long suffering of God counting as weakness to commit sin but not grace.

Grace is when paul who was a hater of Christianity meant Christ, what happened, he was transformed, anyone who meets grace is transformed.
Re: Does The Gospel Of Grace Promote Sin? by Karlovych: 11:22pm On Apr 10, 2021
embarassed
Re: Does The Gospel Of Grace Promote Sin? by Kobojunkiee: 11:27pm On Apr 10, 2021
livingchrist:
No because through christ we are dead to sin but alive to God.

Romans 6:2
God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

It is grace that teaches us to reject unrighteousness and live righteously.
How are you dead to sin but alive in God?

I ask this because according to the teachings of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant promised from God through His prophets, the only way those who believe in Him can become free from sin is through regular acceptance(trust) and obediencee of His teachings/commandments which is the Truth of God.

John 8 vs 31-47
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31. So Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, “If you continue to accept and obey my teaching, you are really my followers.
32. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
33. They answered, “We are Abraham’s descendants. And we have never been slaves. So why do you say that we will be free?”
34. Jesus said, “The truth is, everyone who sins is a slave—a slave to sin.
35. A slave does not stay with a family forever. But a son belongs to the family forever.
36. So if the Son makes you free, you are really free.
Did Jesus Christ lie when He said that He alone was the way? undecided
livingchrist:
Titus 2:11-12 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

So the grace of God makes righteousness to abound not sin.

Please take note, the patience and long suffering of God is the same as grace.
So, what does patience and long suffering of God imply as far as the teachings of Jesus Christ is concerned? I ask because according to Jesus Christ, the one who is the Way and Truth of God, only those who, again, continue to accept(trust) and obey the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ, become worthy and acceptable vessels for the Spirit of God, who works righteousness(the kind acceptable to God) to live inside of.

John 14 vs 25-31 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
16. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper,[f] to be with you forever,
17. even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be[g] in you.
18. “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
19. Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.
20. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.
21. Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”
Is Jesus Christ wrong in this? undecided
livingchrist:
People may take advantage of the patience and long suffering of God counting as weakness to commit sin but not grace.
Grace is when paul who was a hater of Christianity meant Christ, what happened, he was transformed, anyone who meets grace is transformed.
What do you understand sin is where Jesus Christ is concerned?undecided
Re: Does The Gospel Of Grace Promote Sin? by LisaAnneMia: 11:27pm On Apr 10, 2021
Amazing awesome grace! cheesy
Re: Does The Gospel Of Grace Promote Sin? by Subduer: 2:51am On Apr 11, 2021
Grace ain't as easy as some folks presume.
God gives Grace only to those He has humbled under His own hand, 1Pe 5:1-6.
And Grace surely brings Glory, Ps 84.
Christ Jesus, the Surety, or, Guarantor of the New Covenant, doesn't throw Grace at people.
People just talk what they're unwilling to study and live by.
Re: Does The Gospel Of Grace Promote Sin? by Kobojunkiee: 3:14am On Apr 11, 2021
Subduer:
Grace ain't as easy as some folks presume.
God gives Grace only to those He has humbled under His own hand, 1Pe 5:1-6.
And Grace surely brings Glory, Ps 84.
Christ Jesus, the Surety, or, Guarantor of the New Covenant, doesn't throw Grace at people.
People just talk what they're unwilling to study and live by.
But what exactly is this God's grace that so many like to talk of. And please do not say "unmerited" favor because from the same Bible, we know that God is not a God of favouritism. undecided

From the Gospel of John, we learn that grace in fact refers to eternal life which is given in place of Death to all those saved from the condemnation of Sin(Death) which has been from the time of Adam and this grace(eternal life) was previously available to only the righteous but through Jesus Christ is made to all those who will simply obey Him to be saved(salvation from Death). undecided

However, you suggest that the grace you speak of is instead given to those who humble themselves under God's hand, and to me that does not sound at all like you are talking of grace(eternal life) but something else, and I wonder what it is and how we can reconcile it with the teachings of the one under whose hands we are called to humble ourselves, Jesus Christ. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Be Of Good Cheers / I Took Your Place / Oral Defence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.