Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) (70130 Views)

Former Ugandan Couple Celebrate Their Divorce After 6 Years Of Separation (Pix) / 81-year-old Man Remarries 70-year-old Wife, 32 Years After They Separated / Mother Of 4 Remarries, Walks Down The Aisle By Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by IamHeWrites: 2:44pm On Apr 11, 2021
A Nigerian couple Babsola Kuti and Lola Fafowora have remarried after severing ties for about a decade, Igbere TV reports.

The duo first got married in London on April 8, 1996. They have three children — a boy and two girls — now aged 24, 19 and 16 respectively.

Kuti and Fafowora met about 32 years ago in Lagos. After a year of getting to know each other, they began dating on Kuti’s 20th birthday in 1990.

Following separation and divorce, the couple eventually reconciled in 2017 and renewed their vows on April 8, 2021, about 25 years after they first got married.

Their children witnessed the ceremony while some family members also joined on Zoom due to COVID-19 restrictions.

It was learnt that the couple’s best man Folarin Agbede and bridesmaid Kemi Kalejaiye-Mason at their first wedding in 1996 also witnessed the reunion.

“I feel grateful to see God’s grace. It was all topsy-turvy, but I believed someone up there was fighting for our love,” said Fafowora.

On his part, Kuti said:
“After more than 10 years of separation and even a divorce, against all odds we found ourselves together again.”

“We hardly spoke. Interestingly there was never any personal animosity and most people who knew me well always said we would get back together. I always laughed at them. One of them was my flatmate in Abuja Tunji Adenuga. Many people who knew me always wished it for us but it was hard at the time to see how it would happen,” he added.

https://twitter.com/RealSolaKuti/status/1380846241807003650?s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vd3MxgxH5g

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by Baawaa(m): 2:46pm On Apr 11, 2021
10 good years,they are meant to be together.
Congratulations to them afresh

213 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by Ammishaddai: 2:47pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kudos to the couple for reconciling their differences. God has saved this marriage, and may all glory be to His name. Amen

226 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by johnkey: 2:51pm On Apr 11, 2021
she'd still cheat

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by lilvicky68(m): 2:55pm On Apr 11, 2021
Confused people..

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by MightySparrow: 2:55pm On Apr 11, 2021
They went on exploration. I which same for Tonto and Churchill

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 11, 2021
They will still cheat on each other. You can't go back to your shït and expect it not to smell.

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by incogni2o: 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2021
Good news

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by GOFRONT(m): 3:17pm On Apr 11, 2021
Okafor's law at play....

Okafor's law of Congoelasticity

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by Sijo01(f): 3:21pm On Apr 11, 2021
Nice one. The kids will be supper happy.

Hope they learnt enough to live above the reason(s) for their divorce.

22 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by Sijo01(f): 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2021
Activist001:
They will still cheat on each other. You can't go back to your shït and expect it not to smell.

Prophet of doom. Where was it stated in the post that your ascertion was the cause of their divorce

152 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by meobizy(f): 3:41pm On Apr 11, 2021
It’s all fun and games until the marriage crashes again. The kids are already grown, they don’t need the union.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by Mindlog: 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2021
Nice one.
Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by Bola146(f): 3:57pm On Apr 11, 2021
It's must be because of the kids

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 11, 2021
Hmmm... Are they still going to be the same persons they were to each other ten years ago?

I guess they did this for the childrens sakes. At least, now that the children have come off age and are ripe for marriage, they both want to be present and honoured at their childrens wedding. Sense people.

Thank God for the reunion.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by Matheusmartin: 4:18pm On Apr 11, 2021
The man must have tasted at least 30 other pussies..

And the woman, let's not go there... grin

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by Lonelypacifist6: 4:40pm On Apr 11, 2021
Never knew this news made it to nairaland, Sola my gee.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by Lonelypacifist6: 4:41pm On Apr 11, 2021
meobizy:
It’s all fun and games until the marriage crashes again. The kids are already grown, they don’t need the union.
What's it with you?

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by chuksville(m): 4:44pm On Apr 11, 2021
What God has joined together let no man put asunder...
They were meant to be together.
I wish them Success in their union.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by Katcall: 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2021
For better, for worse. Till death do us part. That's what the bible says.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by illicit(m): 5:12pm On Apr 11, 2021
It's better than sleeping around

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by Righteousness2(m): 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2021
Awesome! That's a Good one..
What GOD has Joined together let not divorce put asunder

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by mytime24(f): 5:59pm On Apr 11, 2021
Good4them

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by sisisioge: 6:40pm On Apr 11, 2021
Hmmmm....they are lucky to still find each other available and desirable. So much water under the bridge. Surely by now they would have learnt a lot while apart.

They look good together, by the way.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by descarado: 7:05pm On Apr 11, 2021
They would have been better as friends or lovers.
Religion and culture made them remarry.

A colleague just buried her ex like last two months. This lady has been trying to save up some money for one major surgery the guy will undergo. Almost there and he died. She wanted to put her house for sale. So badly shaken when he died. Didn't know things like that can be possible.
Why did they divorce then?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by sms4sure(m): 8:02pm On Apr 11, 2021
They joined together in heaven but try to separate themselves. But God's will always come to pass

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by ednut1(m): 8:03pm On Apr 11, 2021
After discovering nothing dey street

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by pointstores(m): 8:04pm On Apr 11, 2021
Nawa
Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by GeneralPula: 8:04pm On Apr 11, 2021
Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by NaughtyBrainiac: 8:04pm On Apr 11, 2021
Hmmm

So, one can divorce and still remarry each other. Na wa o

They both look good and young for their ages (especially the woman)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) by KanuSE: 8:04pm On Apr 11, 2021
What's the point?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maternity Photoshoot Of Pregnant Woman, With Her Husband And Children / Help: I'm Married But In Love With Another Woman / How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.