Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed (44223 Views)

5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced / Lamborghini Huracam Is The World’s Fastest Camera Car With A Top Speed Of 125mph / The Devel Sixteen Hypercar With 5,007hp & 310mph Top Speed Is Unveiled In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Numerouno94(m): 3:05pm On Apr 17, 2021
LMS1:
Bro Na Learning We Dey oo grin
My funny niggarr.grin grin
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by MrJames007: 3:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
Dis number 5 sha..

So if the tire burst while you were approaching a sharp bend, you keep the car straight and enter lagoon abi?

By the way, you can apply brakes 'small-small' if it's the rear tire.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Owodiran1(m): 3:08pm On Apr 17, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Sometimes when your tyre bursts and you’re on high speed, the first instinct in your mind will be to panic and apply brake. But this can be really dangerous.

So train your mind to be calm in such a situation and try the following steps;

1. Don’t panic

2. Don’t apply brake; you’ll tumble

3. Switch your hazard lights on

4. Release the accelerator gradually

5. Keep car going straight; don’t steer

6. Let car gradually stop; don’t match brake!

#SafetyFirst
is it save to put the gear on neutral
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by purplekayc(m): 3:10pm On Apr 17, 2021
Just pray there is no heavy traffic around you like ibadan - lagos express
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by bluefilm: 3:10pm On Apr 17, 2021
Numerouno94:

And ur car will somersault SOLIDLY.
Wickedfacts:

If you dare try that, your matter will go from story for the gods to "meeting with the gods."

No shaking. I'm covered because I always put on my seatbelt. shocked
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by rasque96(m): 3:12pm On Apr 17, 2021
Thanks you ...
WiszyFraud:
Sometimes when your tyre bursts and you’re on high speed, the first instinct in your mind will be to panic and apply brake. But this can be really dangerous.

1. Don’t panic

#SafetyFirst
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by MrJames007: 3:13pm On Apr 17, 2021
Owodiran1:
No... when in gear without depressing the accelerator, it would slow down quicker than switching to neutral.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by seyz91(m): 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2021
so na you go tell them to keep car straight, undecided na circle dem for keep am before? undecided

somethings na common sense
WiszyFraud:

1. Don’t panic

#SafetyFirst
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Bobxin: 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2021
ideepaul:
Only an abnormal person will overspeed on a congested or semi congested road, so all these questions of what to do when there is a vehicle(s) or traffic closely ahead of you doesn't make sense to me.
In an event where the urge to accelerate is great, calculate the possibilities and look at the vehicular flow, and only only drive at high speed on a road you are well conversant with and ONLY when there is an emergency that warrants such risk!
I never buy my own car sha
And only when the next vehicle is like 500 meters away from you.
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Numerouno94(m): 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2021
bluefilm:

I dey ur back. grin grin.
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Bobxin: 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2021
victme1:

No u don't step on the break. Just take your foot off the accelerator. And hold on to the steering. Your life really depends on that.
And you must not remove your leg from the gas too sudden, it has to be slowly.
This won't be easy, na only God fit help person.
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Bobxin: 3:24pm On Apr 17, 2021
sixtus3606:

if it's automatic, the car won't stop.

once it slows down, you gently apply your brake lightly and park safely.

no go stop for middle of road o!

I am talking out of experience, as a driver.
If it's automatic the car will slow down, if you remove your leg from the gas na, I don't understand.
The car will slow down to as low as 5km/hr over time.
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Cokahot: 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2021
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Bobxin: 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2021
MrJames007:
Dis number 5 sha..

So if the tire burst while you were approaching a sharp bend, you keep the car straight and enter lagoon abi?

By the way, you can apply brakes 'small-small' if it's the rear tire.
Yes, of it's a rear tyre.
What if it's a front one?
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Bobxin: 3:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
Owodiran1:

I don't think so, just follow the guidelines.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by GeneralPula: 3:32pm On Apr 17, 2021
There’s no way you won’t need a brake here oo..

You’ll press the brake lightly, and not with force. You’ll hold onto the light press until you notice your car speed has reduced..

Once the speed is reduced, then you can gently and slowly press the brake fully..

I saw this live oo..

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Bobxin: 3:34pm On Apr 17, 2021
bluefilm:

You're funny, I swear, seatbelt! Smh shocked
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by LNKDOT(m): 3:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
Good one ........
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by TheGift: 3:37pm On Apr 17, 2021
6. Let car stop gradually. Don't STEP on THE brakes.
WiszyFraud:

1. Don’t panic

#SafetyFirst
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Duru9(m): 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
ideepaul:
how can you over speed close to a congested area?

You can't tell where traffic is sir

A raid you know it's always free can get congested because of an accident or so
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by MrJames007: 3:40pm On Apr 17, 2021
Bobxin:

Yes, of it's a rear tyre.
What if it's a front one?
No touch brake if you dey top speed o. Just handle the steering and see how to get the ride to safety, cuz e go begin swerve.
It's difficult to adhere to all those things wey op talk, unless you're really experienced. If e happen now u go dey find where your brake pedal dey. grin

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by frankson1(m): 3:40pm On Apr 17, 2021
bluefilm:

Story for the gods!

If my tires burst like this one:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13387500_screenshot202104122100482_jpeg91844f2ce64f264c7216198ad5a48a72

My first & ONLY instinct is to march my brake SOLIDLY.

Wrong move bro.

It happened to me on Thursday and I just held the steering with my both hands and relaxed while letting the car roll to a halt before matching the accelerator pedal to clear properly.

they are clear and simple instructions.

1. DON'T PANIC
2. DON'T HIT THE BREAK
3. DON'T TURN YOUR WHEELS
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by LikeAking: 3:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
Match brake to meet Jesus if you find yourself in this situation.
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Bobxin: 3:50pm On Apr 17, 2021
Duru9:

You can't tell where traffic is sir

A raid you know it's always free can get congested because of an accident or so

That's before being on top speed you should be sure the vehicle in front is more than 500 meters away at all times.
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by legba1(m): 3:56pm On Apr 17, 2021
Annruby:
You will just shout Yeehh!!! moku ooo!!!!

Walahi na wetin enter my mind and jumped out of my mind first time I had the experience be this

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Duplexxx: 3:56pm On Apr 17, 2021
I KNOW
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by AvalonSpace(m): 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2021
I have applied brake in this situation and nothing happened to the car. I did so because i was heading close to a market all of a sudden there was this heavy bang.. "Gboaaaah".. i just had to stop.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by commodore007: 4:08pm On Apr 17, 2021
Above all call upon the name of God...#the bible says that name of the lord is a strong tower ...

2 Likes

Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by ezugegere(m): 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2021
If front tyre, don't match break. If na back tyre, I think you can match break
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Slynation(m): 4:17pm On Apr 17, 2021
very nice write up....I just learnt about this some months ago
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by moshino(m): 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2021
WiszyFraud:

1. Don’t panic

#SafetyFirst

Tires burst while in motion in Nigeria mostly because of ignorance:

You over pressurize/pump your tires, every tire has a maximum recommended psi, but you people don't pay attention to that.

You buy expired tires - yes, tires have maximum lifespan, for safety. Even a seemingly "brand new tire" might have expired while sitting in the manufacturer's warehouse waiting to be sold/shipped. So even for a "brand new", unused tire, look for the manufactured date on it, if it is more than 5 years back, better not to buy it.

There are other common sense reasons. But your tires are the rubber that meets the road with you and your loved ones on it, so pay maximum attention to it.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Kaypeeboss(m): 5:03pm On Apr 17, 2021
WiszyFraud:

1. Don’t panic

#SafetyFirst
Good evening fellow nairalanders,I have never had the cause to do something like this on Nl,but the urgency of the situation on ground has forced my will,please and please i need your support to procure medications and foot the hospital bills of a brilliant young girl I taught while I was serving in one of the northern states,the family can really not describe the ailment,but they have spent their all trying to save their daughter.it was when I visited my former PPA this week,that I discovered she has been seriously ill for a while now,she was one of my favorite students, then because she stood out as one of the best students in her class,please i just want us to donate the little we can as it ll go a long way to making her situation better,a total sum of 400k is needed,but whatever we can raise for her will go to her ,so at least something can be done at all,please let our little contributions ,help save her life,for some reasons and how gory the situation is ,I am not posting her pictures all donations should go to her account .Mohammed zainab 3176350308 first bank plc, Thanks and God bless you all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Accident Involving A Bus, Jeep And Keke At Falomo Round About (photos) / Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer / Stolen Toyota Camry In Port Harcourt (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.