Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically (25605 Views)

PDP Declares Amaechi Politically Dead As Another APC Chieftain Defects To PDP / Thugs Destroy Amaechi,s Polling Unit After INEC Excluded APC From Rivers Polls / Rivers State : Is Amaechi Politically Finished? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by garfield1: 4:26pm On Apr 13, 2021
chrisxxx:

Lol. Bros your hatred for Wike is beclouding and hampering your sense of good judgment.
What did Amaechi build? The sponsoring of ........?

Why should I like a thuggish and violent fellow? Apc must takeover rivers
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by frankmoney(m): 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2021
chrisxxx:

Obiri Ikweree Interchange was built by Goodluck Jonathan. Unfortunately his handlers could not tell Rivers people this when Amaechi was impugning him that he did nothing for Rivers people.
Remember, I am not speaking on behalf Wike. I am trying to be objective. If it comes to saying where Wike has not performed I will say it.
Wike and Amaechi are not competitors. They do not have the same circumstance. Amaechi built schools, Wike built road to it. It is all to the benefits of Rivers people.
obirikwere interchange wasn't built by Goodluck it was built by Amaechi it's part of the money Buhari refunded to Rivers State government recently .

2 Likes

Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by chrisxxx(m): 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2021
garfield1:

Why should I like a thuggish and violent fellow? Apc must takeover rivers
Do you people have the number or you intend to use military might?
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by chrisxxx(m): 4:33pm On Apr 13, 2021
frankmoney:
obirikwere interchange wasn't built by Goodluck it was built by Amaechi it's part of the money Buhari refunded to Rivers State government recently .
You are right that is what Goodluck handlers could not tell Rivers people. Goodluck gave the approval of that project with a promise to refund when FG could. Buhari just paid and has stopped all governors from executing FG projects.

1 Like

Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by nairamaniac: 4:42pm On Apr 13, 2021
HIGHESTPOPORI:
A politician is the CMD of a teaching hospital. Can only happen in Nigeria.
I just tire.

This one would first confirm if you are a pdp or apc member before he treats u.

1 Like

Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:44pm On Apr 13, 2021
chrisxxx:

I dont like arguing when we deliberately try to prevaricate issues. Is anyone accusing Wike of embezzlement of funds?
Amaechi did all those with Rivers money and not his personal money. He could only work to the limit of what is available. This also applies to Wike. Wike has paucity of funds. And I think that to what is available he is parsimoniously utilising it.

Paucity bomb. Is that the like he told to you?

Wike has never made his budget public. Wike hardly funded the ministries. Until now, Wike has not finished his appointments because he lacks the idea why he needs a functioning team.

Civil Servants have retired and yet no employment.

No promotion.

Money given to him by Oil companies for Covid-19 response and recovery not accounted for.

The list is too many to compare both. Wike is never the man of the people but his belly.
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by garfield1: 4:57pm On Apr 13, 2021
chrisxxx:

Do you people have the number or you intend to use military might?

With igbos now against wike and with other tribes despising ikwerres and amechi about to control inec adhoc list,apc has more than the numbers

2 Likes

Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by chrisxxx(m): 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2021
garfield1:

With igbos now against wike and with other tribes despising ikwerres and amechi about to control inec adhoc list,apc has more than the numbers
Amaechi does not like Igbos more than Wike.
If APC wins in a free and fair election there is no problem.
From now till 2023 is a long time. Who knows if what seems to be misunderstanding today could be understood.
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by garfield1: 5:15pm On Apr 13, 2021
chrisxxx:

Amaechi does not like Igbos more than Wike.
If APC wins in a free and fair election there is no problem.
From now till 2023 is a long time. Who knows if what seems to be misunderstanding today could be understood.

Both dont like igbos but amechi seem to be warming up to them.sometimes he dresses like igbos and identifies with them unlike wike who rejects them.the oyigbo massacre has really opened their eyes.it is now a case of the enemy of my enemy being my friend.worst case scenario,igbos will boycott the election which will favour apc.by the way, electioneering has started and will climax next year.the earlier the better....all amechi needs to do is to buy inec and reconcile with Abe while hoping that wike picks an upland person

1 Like

Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by budusky05(m): 5:24pm On Apr 13, 2021
Kindledlight:

Say it loud to some people that don’t know

What surprises me is how he catch cruise with some Nigerians intelligence in the name of being nonsense Mr. project, lion e.t.c when he is just an opportunist from Amaechi and Jonathans fallout.

Exactly
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by adeade83: 5:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
Wike and Amaechi wahala be like East-west road or 2nd Niger Bridge wey no dey finish. They are two brothers wey dey deceive other areas of the state. Brother handed over to Brother! 16 years BROTHERLY in power!
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by chrisxxx(m): 5:48pm On Apr 13, 2021
garfield1:

Both dont like igbos but amechi seem to be warming up to them.sometimes he dresses like igbos and identifies with them unlike wike who rejects them.the oyigbo massacre has really opened their eyes.it is now a case of the enemy of my enemy being my friend.worst case scenario,igbos will boycott the election which will favour apc.by the way, electioneering has started and will climax next year.the earlier the better....all amechi needs to do is to buy inec and reconcile with Abe while hoping that wike picks an upland person
This guy I wish to meet you in person. lol.
Nnamdi Kanu respects Wike. He admired him. It is very easy to get their differences resolved. Meanwhile it is not easy to buy INEC. You must overwhelmingly be on ground before you rig election. I hope you are aware that the closest Polling Booth to Amaechi house in his community was won by the PDP the last time?
Wike is a grassroot politician and it will be a difficult task to win him. You people should turn to violence.
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by garfield1: 6:01pm On Apr 13, 2021
chrisxxx:

This guy I wish to meet you in person. lol.
Nnamdi Kanu respects Wike. He admired him. It is very easy to get their differences resolved. Meanwhile it is not easy to buy INEC. You must overwhelmingly be on ground before you rig election. I hope you are aware that the closest Polling Booth to Amaechi house in his community was won by the PDP the last time?
Wike is a grassroot politician and it will be a difficult task to win him. You people should turn to violence.

Amechi only lost his unit when aac contested.he won it during the presidential election and 2016 rerun.it is very easy to buy inec.you start with getting the rec you want posted to your state and then getting the vc of uniport to send names of lecturers that are in apc to inec as adhoc staffs.this is this is what wike has been doing and that is what amechi wants to do in order to reduce violence.apc uses violence because the inec staffs cooperate with pdp rather than aoc.this is about to change.
Wike grassroot Kevel has reduced and he has alienated some of his key men who are grassrooted like Felix obuah in onelga,ikuru and secondus in andoni.Jerome eke in etche has joined apc,dike in oyigbo has joined apc.senator mpigi has been sidelined.apc only lost chidi Lloyd.
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by chrisxxx(m): 6:26pm On Apr 13, 2021
garfield1:

Amechi only lost his unit when aac contested.he won it during the presidential election and 2016 rerun.it is very easy to buy inec.you start with getting the rec you want posted to your state and then getting the vc of uniport to send names of lecturers that are in apc to inec as adhoc staffs.this is this is what wike has been doing and that is what amechi wants to do in order to reduce violence.apc uses violence because the inec staffs cooperate with pdp rather than aoc.this is about to change.
Wike grassroot Kevel has reduced and he has alienated some of his key men who are grassrooted like Felix obuah in onelga,ikuru and secondus in andoni.Jerome eke in etche has joined apc,dike in oyigbo has joined apc.senator mpigi has been sidelined.apc only lost chidi Lloyd.
Nice chatting with you and thanks for being friendly. If you have any money spinning position in APC please recruiter me.
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by otokx(m): 6:48pm On Apr 13, 2021
Can something be done about the soot problem that has engulfed most parts of Rivers State? Black rain fell today.

2 Likes

Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by garfield1: 7:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
chrisxxx:
Nice chatting with you and thanks for being friendly. If you have any money spinning position in APC please recruiter me.

Am just a ward official for now.rivers state is more lucrative
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by Sonoyom(m): 7:58pm On Apr 13, 2021
garfield1:

I do that is why I slightly prefer the lion at ubima
Now you are on point, YOU slightly prefer him.

I wish I had the time to go through some of their strengths and weaknesses but sadly I don't have that sort of time.
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by Moventist: 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
budusky05:
We the Rivers people know who Wike is. Noise maker. Motor park Governor

I Said it time and again in 2015 that Wike I know will disappoint Rivers people. The state today is booming with criminal and cult activities
He empowered the youths to to become agberoos
No meaningful employment environmental pollution everywhere

Lier. Conduct election a million times in Rivers , Wike's performance will prove you wrong

2 Likes

Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by chrisxxx(m): 9:04pm On Apr 13, 2021
garfield1:

Am just a ward official for now.rivers state is more lucrative
Lol. Party politics is better rested on the shoulder not on the head. If you know you know.

1 Like

Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by budusky05(m): 10:29pm On Apr 19, 2021
Moventist:

Lier. Conduct election a million times in Rivers , Wike's performance will prove you wrong

Alika. That's why if you conduct election a million times he will still kill and treat ipob as terrorists
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by galaxy2020(m): 10:48am On Apr 20, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Minister of transport is not Minister of Rivers State. Why not compare what Amaechi did as a Governor with what Wike did, whether shame will not catch you.

Tell Wike there is space at UTC Bus stop to build flyover.
....Am still waiting for Amaechi Judas Rotimi's achievement as governor in Rivers state. Meanwhile take these.. grin grin

Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:19pm On Apr 20, 2021
galaxy2020:
....Am still waiting for Amaechi Judas Rotimi's achievement as governor in Rivers state. Meanwhile take these.. grin grin

I have no choice but to give you a brief education on Amaechi's time as Governor of Rivers State. Lets start.
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
cc: galaxy2020

From the inception of his tenure as the Governor of Rivers State in October 2007, Amaechi directed efforts and deployed significant resources of the state towards the development of infrastructure.

Against the backdrop of this commitment, the administration articulated its vision with respect to the road sector as “A Rivers State where all communities are accessible by quality roads…” This vision by emphasizing quality roads implicitly acknowledged the finding of a study that there is a strong positive correlation between the economic development and the quality of the road network of an area.
Between 2007 and 2014, over 300 contracts relating to roads and bridges, land reclamation and shore protection projects were awarded. As at August 2014, 165 of these contracts had been successfully completed with the remainder at various stages of completion, with the exception of two in which the contractors were not mobilized before the end of the tenure.

The administration also completed 23 major bridges in different parts of the State with six other bridges at various stages of completion. The completed bridges include nine bridges on the Unity Road (Ogoni-Andoni-Opobo) Road; two Steel bridges at Eagle Island; Ndoni Steel Bridge; three bridges on the Okrika Ring Road; bridge at the Abuloma-Woji Road; Mbiama-Akinima Bridge; Bolo Creek bridge. The on-going bridges include Woji-Akpajobridge (70% completion); Luwa-Bere bridge (50% completion); Orashi Steel bridge (60% completion); Tema Steel bridge (40% completion) and two bridges on the Unity Road.

The administration completed two major flyovers: Agip Roundabout on Ikwerre Road and Eliozu on the East-West Road. It reconstructed the collapsed flyover on Aba Road near the Nigeria Air force Base. Another flyover at Woji has reached 85% completion level. Two interchanges were also completed at Rumuokwurusi (at the intersection between the Port Harcourt-Aba Expressway and the East-West Road) the area erroneously called “Eleme Junction”; and at Obiri Ikwerre (at the intersection between Prof. Tam David-West Boulevard and East-West Road).
To evidence, Amaechi’s concern for all the residents of the State, 70 percent of the roads are located in the rural areas with the remainder 30% are within the Greater Port Harcourt Metropolis. From the rural areas to the urban centres, no part of the State was left out in the development of good road network. The Amaechi Administration expanded and completed the Okrika Ring Road. It expanded the Mbiama-Akinima Road. It constructed the Kpopie-Bodo Road. It substantially completed the Unity Road, which traverses three local government councils – Khana, Andoni and Opobo/Nkoro.

Before he left office, Governor Amaechi ensured that the people of the Ancient Opobo Kingdom could get to Opobo by road. Anxious to ensure that all parts of Rivers State were accessible by road, the Amaechi administration entered into advanced discussions with the Nigeria LNG Ltd with respect to the completion of the Bodo-Bonny Road, which had been abandoned by the Federal Government. The administration also completed the Rivers State end of the Port Harcourt Owerri Road, in order to create relief for Rivers people, in the same way it attempted to reconstruct the Rivers State end of the East West road, but was refused to do so by the then Federal Government. To improve movement of farm goods and encourage trade and commerce, the Amaechi administration constructed a major spine road between Isiokpo and Omerelu.
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:24pm On Apr 20, 2021

The Isiokpo/Omerelu road reaffirmed the high premium the Amaechi administration placed on transportation. The criticality of some roads made them a compelling proposition for the Amaechi Administration. These included the Ada George Road (Mile III Diobu to Mgbuoba) and the Port Harcourt – Owerri Road. The Amaechi Administration constructed a dual carriage Highway from the Port International Airport Junction to the boundary between Rivers State and Imo State; the rehabilitation of the Port-Harcourt – Aba Expressway (from the Rumuokwurusi Interchange to the boundary with Abia State). The Administration also awarded the contract for the Trans-Kalabari Highway which construction had commenced before the end of tenure.

Within the capital city, the need to decongest the Aba Road led to the conception and construction of a Relief Road before the ever-busy Rumuola Junction to link Aba Road to Rumuomasi/Elekahia/Trans-Amadi. This Relief Road opened the area for residential development. The Old Stadium Road (renamed Ken Saro-Wiwa Road) was dualized. Similarly, the Old Aba Road up to Rumuogba (Artillery) was also dualized. Okporo Road was dualized to take traffic from Aba Road to the East-West Road.

To address access to the Industrial Area: Trans-Amadi, the Amaechi Administration dualized the Elekahia-Rumuomasi Road linking Aba Expressway. It also dualized the Oginigba – Rumuobiokani Road. It dualized Nkpogu Road, which takes traffic to and from Eastern By-Pass. Save for a disagreement between the Contractor and the Ministry of Works, the bridge that opens up the second lane of the road would have been completed before the end of term.

The Administration conceived, awarded the contract and commenced the construction of another major spine road linking Garrison to East-West Road (Garrison-Trans-Amadi-Oginigba-Woji-Elelenwo) with an interchange at Garrison, three bridges at Waja River, Oginigba River, Woji River and underpass at Oginigba (near the Zoological Garden. The execution of the road project is phased.
The Woji section had attained a level of completion since 2014 that allows for reasonably unimpeded use by commuters. Work continued at the Trans-Amadi section before the end of the term. Within the same Trans-Amadi axis, the Amaechi Administration conceived, awarded the contracts and substantially constructed the Abuloma-Woji Road and the Woji-Akpajo Road. The objective of this road is to take traffic to or from Eleme axis (Akwa Ibom) away from Aba Road.

The Administration also conceived, awarded the contract and commenced the reconstruction of the Rumuepirikom – Rumuolumeni Road; the Elioparanwo Road; the Iguruta-Eneka-Rumuokwurusi Road as dualized roads. The Administration reconstructed the Ikwerre Road from Education Bus Stop to Agip Roundabout. To provide relief to Ikwerre Road for commuters from Rukpokwu, Iguruta, International Airport, and the Administration reconstructed the G.U. Ake Road linking Aba Road to Ikwerre Road close to Rukpokwu. The Amaechi Administration also conceived and awarded the contracts for the dualization and reconstruction of the Old Aba Road (Rumuogba) – Woji Road and Oil-Mill –Elelenwo-Akpajo Road (the Old Refinery Road.)

In summary, Amaechi gave significant attention to the development of good roads in Rivers State on the understanding of its many benefits to the socio-economic wellbeing of the State. The Amaechi administration left a number of nearly completed roads that now serve as low hanging fruits for the new administration. What is required is for the present government to build on the excellent foundation laid. Those who are resorting to cheap muck-raking rather than face their work are only wasting their time and that of the good people of Rivers State.

Victor Tambari Giadom is the immediate past Commissioner of Works in Rivers State.

http://thenationonlineng.net/which-roads-did-amaechi-build/
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:25pm On Apr 20, 2021

I hope you noted this.

The (Amaechi) administration also completed 23 major bridges in different parts of the State with six other bridges at various stages of completion.

The completed bridges include nine bridges on the Unity Road (Ogoni-Andoni-Opobo) Road; two Steel bridges at Eagle Island; Ndoni Steel Bridge; three bridges on the Okrika Ring Road; bridge at the Abuloma-Woji Road; Mbiama-Akinima Bridge; Bolo Creek bridge. The on-going bridges include Woji-Akpajobridge (70% completion); Luwa-Bere bridge (50% completion); Orashi Steel bridge (60% completion); Tema Steel bridge (40% completion) and two bridges on the Unity Road.
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:44pm On Apr 20, 2021

“The Rivers State Government under the leadership of Rotimi Amaechi must also be commended for its direction and wonderful support for the Rainbow Book Club and the World Book Capital bid. Today’s event is a testament to what can be achieved when well-meaning individuals and organisations are supported by government to push forward ideas that will transform and enrich the society,” he said.

On his part, Governor Amaechi, who is a strong advocate of education reiterated his belief in education as panacea to ills afflicting the society. Amaechi recalled his experience with Rivers State when he assumed office in 2007, the Governor stated that he realised that the quickest way to accelerate development in the state was through quality education and books. He said, “Our thinking was that if we could address literacy and get poor children back in schools, we could also directly guarantee sustainable development and effective governance.” He then recommended education and agriculture as solutions to the Boko Haram.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/04/reverberating-tales-port-harcourt-world-book-capital-2014/
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:49pm On Apr 20, 2021

Some of Amaechi's legacies as Rivers Governor.

1. Over 200 modern primary & secondry schools equipped with Libraries and ICT Centres.

2. Over 100 primary health centres, fully equipped with resident Doctors.

3. Power Station in Afam built from scratch to finish

4. Cassava processing factory, fish farm and banana plantation

5. Greater PH development

6. Amesimaka stadium

7. Songhai farm

8. Over 2000 Rivers and non-Rivers indigenes benefited from the Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi Special Overseas scholarship programme, a scheme designed to boost human capital development in Rivers State and the country.

They were in 10 countries of the world including the United Kingdom, Canada, United States, Singapore, India and Netherlands
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:25pm On Apr 20, 2021

found a better list for you.

Amaechi's Achievements.

Model Primary schools

At the inception of his administration, Governor Chibuike Amaechi placed a state of emergency on Education and took over the responsibility of Primary schools from the Local Government Councils. The Governor came up with the idea of building new model Primary schools to the standard of the United Nations and obtainable in developed parts of the world. With a target of 700 Model Primary Schools, the Amaechi administration has completed 500 across the 23 Local Government Areas of the State. They are equipped with ICT facility, modern library, science laboratory, football field, basketball pitch, volleyball pitch and Nursery playground.

Model Secondary Schools

24 model Secondary Schools are being built, 1 in each Local Government Area, well structured and fully equipped with modern day educational, recreation and boarding facilities with standard housing for teachers, these secondary schools have grossly been referred to by observers as Universities.

Power Generation, the government targets 715 megawatts of Power to ensure adequate power supply in the State. 460 mega watts have been completed, 130MW at Trans Amadi, 150MW at Omoku, 180MW at Afam. 75MW at Onne is still ongoing while another 180MW at Afam is underway to make a total of 715 Mega Watts.

Over 170 roads, more of which are in the rural areas. All the roads are being built with drainages. Some of the major roads have been converted to dual carriageways with walkways, streetlights and greenery as well as drainages, most of them underground. Others are being converted to six lane highways. Some of the roads are:

Rumuola Road (completed).
First Bank/Rumuobiakani/Old Aba Road (completed).
Oginigba /Slaughter Road (completed).
The Elekahia/Rumuomasi road (completed)
Rukpakwulusi/Eneka/ Igwuruta road
The Rumuokwuta/Choba Road (almost completed)
Eneka/Igbo-Etche/ Iriebe road
Ozuboko/Elelenwo road- the road from Peter Odili road cutting across Woji to Elelenwo.
Rukpokwu/Eneka/Eligbolo road
Rukpokwu/Rumuagholu /Aluu road
Ozuoba/Rumuparaeli/Choba road
Rukpakwulusi /Eligbolo /Rumuodomaya road,
Rumuekini/ Aluu road,
Rumuibekwe/Elelenwo road and bridge
Ken Saro Wiwa road-also known as Stadium road (about 70 percent completed)
Rumuagholu /Ada George road
Woji/Okujagu/Elelenwo road.
Aba road to Oyigbo- from the Flyover at Rumukwurusi/Eleme junction to the toll-gate and to the bridge.

Some major rural roads projects being funded by the Amaechi Administration include:

The Okirika Ring Road
The Ogoni/Andoni/Opobo Unity Road
The Bonny- Bodo road
Omofo/Agba/Ndele road leading to Abua.

A lot of other rural roads and internal roads in some Local Government Areas amounting to over 70 per cent of the Road projects constructed by the Amaechi administration has been completed and some still ongoing.

The major Flyovers are:

The Eleme Junction Flyover/interchange (completed)

The Agip/Rumueme/Abacha road Junction Flyover on Ikwerre Road

Tam David-West/East-West Road Flyover by Obiri Iwerre

Eliozu Junction flyover on Chief G.U Ake Road; and

Rumukurusi flyover,

Some of the bridges are:

The Ikuru Town Atlantic Ocean Bridge in Andoni
The Okirika Ring Road Bridges
The Unity road Bridges in the Ogoni-Andoni-Opobo axis
The construction of bridges across Bolo Creek with approaches
The construction of 6 rural steel bridges including the Ndoni steel bridge and the Orashi steel bridge which links communities on both sides of
The construction of 6 rural steel bridges including the Ndoni steel bridge and the Orashi steel bridge which links communities on both sides of the Orashi River
Mbiama/Akinima road bridge
NyorKhana/KenKhana Bridge
Bori Boue Brigde

Abalama Tema Bridge amongst others

Urban development/Renewal

The administration of Governor Chibuike Amaechi has strived to return Port Harcourt back to its Garden City Status and has worked towards eradicating slums in the city. The government has in line with this commenced enforcement of urban development laws and regulations, establishing building lines, height, size and mode of fences in specific areas, processing and approval of building plans; regulation and control of outdoor advertising; and beautification of the environment with the development of parks, gardens, fields and lawns.

In fulfillment of this, the government has embarked on:

Demolition of illegal structures, shanties and slums in Port Harcourt.
Demolition of fences and walls higher than 6 metres.
Development of Recreational Parks in various areas of the city like the Port Harcourt Peace Park along the Port Harcourt/Aba Road between Bori Camp and Airforce Base, Elekahia by the Housing Estate and several others..
Beautification of Roads and Flyovers with greenery.
Reclaiming of 7 recreational fields that were unlawfully built on.
Construction of Silverbird Cinemas in partnership with the Silverbird Group at the site of the former Obi Wali Cultural centre.
Demolition of Port Harcourt Waterfronts and Proposed Redevelopment for the Waterfronts into standard residential and industrial districts.
Agriculture

The Agriculture initiative of Governor Amaechi is part of plans to provide employment and empowerment of Rivers people through agriculture. The initiatives amongst others are, the Songhai Farm, Banana plantation, Cassava initiative, Fish Farm in Buguma…

Transport

The ban on commercial motorcycles from Port Harcourt and three other Local government areas in a bid to check accident rate in the State as well as put a stop to the then rampant armed robbery with the use of motorbikes.
The provision of Mass transit buses and taxis in collaboration with Skye bank.
The building of 57 modern service Bus Stops along the major Aba, Ikwerre expressway in Port Harcourt.
Enforcement of the State’s traffic law.
Inauguration of a vibrant Road Traffic Management Agency, TIMA-RIV.

Primary Health Care Centres

160 new Model Health Centres are currently scattered across the State, meeting the Governor’s vision of bringing quality health care closer to the people. Almost 100 of these health centres have been completed, fully equipped and functional, while work is still ongoing at other sites.

Hospitals

4 New Hospitals: The Ultra Modern Rivers State Dental and Maxillofacial Hospital, Aba Road by Garrison Junction, Port Harcourt (Completed);

The 150-bed Kesley Harrison (New Niger) Hospital, Emenike Street, Diobu, Port Harcourt (Completed); General Hospital at the Rivers State University of Science and Technology (completed); and

The Justice Karibi Whyte Mega Specialist Hospital (Under construction)

Rivers Songhai Farm
DSC_0755

Songhai is a center for training, agricultural production, research and development of sustainable agricultural practices.

The programme was conceived when Governor Chibuike Amaechi visited the Songhai Centre in Porto Novo and was impressed with the model and decided it would work well in Rivers State.

Work began at the Rivers Songhai farm in 2010, before then a group of 105 young men and women drawn from the 23 Local Government Areas of the state had been sent to Songhai International Centre in Benin Republic for 18-month training in various specialized Agric and Agro based areas as well as develop entrepreneurial culture.

The farm project sits on a 314-hectare land in Bunu-Tai, an agrarian community in Tai Local Government Area of the state. It is about 20 times the size of the Songhai model — an integrated farm which combines livestock, arable farming, fisheries, snail farming and poultry.
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:27pm On Apr 20, 2021

This is just small piece.

Things like the partnership with the Promise fast food, partnership with Glo for masts in rural areas, supply of fishing boats and speed boats, free feeds and fingerlings for local poultry and fish farmers etc were not even captured.

Wike is a baby Governor to Amaechi.

FACT.
Re: Henry Ugboma: Wike Mandated Our Transition Panel To Destroy Amaechi Politically by orunto27: 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2021
wike-mandated-our-transition-panel-to-destroy-amaechi-politically-cmd.
This is a Lie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Didn’t Submit Your UNN Certificate To INEC - Reno Omokri To Peter Obi / fayose Rejects Mimiko As PDP Governors’ Forum Chair / 2023: SWAGA Kicks As APC Leadership Recognises PCG, A Pro-Osinbajo Support Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.