Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

El-Rufai Announces Plan To Lay Off Public Servants In Kaduna - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Announces Plan To Lay Off Public Servants In Kaduna (15768 Views)

Umahi Orders Soldiers To Flog Civil Servants In Ebonyi For Coming Late (Video) / ICPC Recovers 301 Houses From Two Civil Servants In Abuja / Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai Announces Plan To Lay Off Public Servants In Kaduna by veli1(m): 10:59am On Apr 13, 2021
no be their brothers dey marry 4 wives and f*ck anyhow dey produce all those population? we already knew he's targeting southern Kaduna. My SK niggas, better wise up and rise up.
This midget's clansb*tches are messing with us in our farms and this bullshit again. WISE AND RISE UP SK. angry
Re: El-Rufai Announces Plan To Lay Off Public Servants In Kaduna by clockwisereport: 10:59am On Apr 13, 2021
Solsix:

Wage bills shouldn't be increasing?? Are people no longer retiring?? Are people not dying?? So why are wage bills stagnant or even increasing??

people receive promotions and allowances

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Announces Plan To Lay Off Public Servants In Kaduna by Solsix(m): 11:04am On Apr 13, 2021
clockwisereport:

people receive promotions and allowances
Promotions doesn't come every year, but people retire on monthly or even daily basis. People also die. I still dont the logic
Re: El-Rufai Announces Plan To Lay Off Public Servants In Kaduna by clockwisereport: 11:07am On Apr 13, 2021
Solsix:

Promotions doesn't come every year, but people retire on monthly or even daily basis. People also die. I still dont the logic

Different people are promoted on different occasions. Hence, the variation....

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Announces Plan To Lay Off Public Servants In Kaduna by malakaimoscondo: 11:09am On Apr 13, 2021
owobokiri:

"Population explosion", whatever that means, is not the problem! China "exploded" population wise long time ago, yet it's now the biggest super power around. The Chinese economy alone can withstand an international blockade for years with the country basically trading within it's borders!

Problem is not population explosion! Nigeria can do with half a billion people! Problem lies with the alarming lack of efforts to skill a reasonable amount of this population so they can actively contribute to a modern economy. The lack of skilled manpower is the problem not the population! And I think the Kaduna dwarf is once again right on this one.

The reason Nigeria is on her knees financially today is because every politician has gone to their villages to recruit everyone in sight into the civil service both at state levels and at the federal level. With increased minimum wage levels, the burden to pay workers has now become overbearing. They started this practice in the 70s to share "oil booty" after the war. They're now killing the country with it..
i Concur with ur submission with out any objections sir... u are really atune with global reality... am impressed with ur China population analogy... see even india too...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Announces Plan To Lay Off Public Servants In Kaduna by fergie001: 11:26am On Apr 13, 2021
garfield1:

True.most of these workers are even performing duplicating functions,they add little or nothing to the advancement of the state.but they should mostly be senior staffs between level 14 and 17 who have less than ten years to go...it is one of the problems of crs.most states spend their budget on these staffs
That's the way to go.
Re: El-Rufai Announces Plan To Lay Off Public Servants In Kaduna by gbagyiza: 1:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
paulsoniv:
I'm from Kaduna State, my parents are civil servants and believe me when I say this move is necessary
Most workers are unqualified, ghost workers even yet they receive the highest pay
Most senior nurses and matrons and directors are going
Even though it is tough but it is for the benefit of the state

Despite this the important thing is that he's recruiting more workers, young graduates that are hungry to work
I just pray he pays their settlement so that they can start a business or something

Way to go Mr Shortie
Wailers over to you

I am equally from Kaduna State but your assertion above is not true. You said most of the civil servant are not qualify n some of them are ghost workers but you fail to point out that the same governor on assumption of office subjected all the civil servants to different form of verification exercise to fish out the unqualify n ghost workers according to his government. After he disengaged the workers and equally recruited new hands informing the public that his government has prune the civil service from unqualify and ghost workers and now u r telling us that he wants to remove unqualify n ghost workers. You need to understand how civil service work. A civil servant that started his career from the scratch n worked all his life for the government from young age and now they want to flush him out without commiting any crime just because he is old now. This is injustice, appointment in civil service should not be terminated base on age if the employee has not clock retirement age. If the government is having issue with this then the law needs to be amended and retirement age should be cut down.
Re: El-Rufai Announces Plan To Lay Off Public Servants In Kaduna by AKWATGOLD1(m): 1:39pm On Apr 13, 2021
All this governor believed that there are talking to dummies.

If Kaduna State received =N=4.8+Billion from monthly FAAC and you spent 93% of it in paying overheads, running of hospital & schools etc but the governor failed to informed us [b][/b]How much the state generate internally through PAYE and other statutory deduction from micro companies in Kaduna State.
Re: El-Rufai Announces Plan To Lay Off Public Servants In Kaduna by aribs(m): 2:26pm On Apr 13, 2021
Finally a governor with “balls” to address the obvious ineptitude in the civil service. How can one state have 100k civil servants , pensions and entitlements to boot? The fact is most states only exist to pay civil service salaries and then there is little left. I hope other governors and the federal government will take a leaf from this and reform the civil service once and for all. The Oronsaye report will be a good start

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Announces Plan To Lay Off Public Servants In Kaduna by rolchi(m): 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2021
Reference:

Totally agree. 100,000 running Kaduna state?... doing what?. He can cut that figure down to 25,000 while deploying technology to bridge any gaps. The problem is there are MDA's for everything under the sun just as at the Federal level. If Nigeria is properly structured you don't need more that five to seven items on the exclusive list covered by ministries, the rest can be handled by Commissions which are essentially private partnerships of which everyone is paid according to performance. No government liability there.

Transportation, Petroleum, Communications, Works & Housing, Sports, Tourism, Science & Technology amongst many should not be government businesses but government regulatories, government refereeing only and Commissions suffice.

If I was a governor I would reform my state's tax system and end blanket rates. I will rather collect targeted levies that are project or sector specific for exclusive items and sell specific bonds for PPP's.

I agree with you 100% and I agree with the governornor, 150%.

Let someone earlier said, this pruning should be done across all states and the MDAs of the FG.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Announces Plan To Lay Off Public Servants In Kaduna by bjdon: 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2021
paulsoniv:
I'm from Kaduna State, my parents are civil servants and believe me when I say this move is necessary
Most workers are unqualified, ghost workers even yet they receive the highest pay
Most senior nurses and matrons and directors are going
Even though it is tough but it is for the benefit of the state

Despite this the important thing is that he's recruiting more workers, young graduates that are hungry to work
I just pray he pays their settlement so that they can start a business or something

Way to go Mr Shortie
Wailers over to you
My wife did a NYSC in Kano a decade ago. She tells how on payday she would she hundreds of people suddenly appear at the office to collect payslips. She would not see most of them till the next payday.
Ghost workers are a MAJOR problem in the most states. It's time states brought in external auditors to audit the public sector payroll.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Announces Plan To Lay Off Public Servants In Kaduna by bjdon: 3:38pm On Apr 13, 2021
gbagyiza:

I am equally from Kaduna State but your assertion above is not true. You said most of the civil servant are not qualify n some of them are ghost workers but you fail to point out that the same governor on assumption of office subjected all the civil servants to different form of verification exercise to fish out the unqualify n ghost workers according to his government. After he disengaged the workers and equally recruited new hands informing the public that his government has prune the civil service from unqualify and ghost workers and now u r telling us that he wants to remove unqualify n ghost workers. You need to understand how civil service work. A civil servant that started his career from the scratch n worked all his life for the government from young age and now they want to flush him out without commiting any crime just because he is old now. This is injustice, appointment in civil service should not be terminated base on age if the employee has not clock retirement age. If the government is having issue with this then the law needs to be amended and retirement age should be cut down.
Sorry but a govt must live within it's means. Are you saying that all civil servants must be allowed to reach retirement age, even if it bankrupts the state? Times change, there are jobs some people were employed for 20 years ago which are not needed now due to technology advancements, or rationalization of functions. Do you just keep people on the payroll even if they are not contributing anything?
Re: El-Rufai Announces Plan To Lay Off Public Servants In Kaduna by IvyGRush: 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
Judolisco:
reducing population in d North is haram

Funny Enough, do you know that the said Population is not enough for my planned farm estate? We keep shouting population but when looked at productively in relation to our uncultivated wasting farmlands, my farm estate is lacking workers before coming to limelight.

Please tell me Which Exportable High_In_Demand Cash Crop that Nigeria is a Leader in it's Export in the International Market?

We left the Land for Bandits!!!
And as foolish as they are, not that I am in support of their evil ways but at least after getting ransom why not Venture into Farming in the Bush.
Re: El-Rufai Announces Plan To Lay Off Public Servants In Kaduna by IvyGRush: 4:49pm On Apr 13, 2021
bjdon:

My wife did a NYSC in Kano a decade ago. She tells how on payday she would she hundreds of people suddenly appear at the office to collect payslips. She would not see most of them till the next payday.
Ghost workers are a MAJOR problem in the most states. It's time states brought in external auditors to audit the public sector payroll.

I Like this Honestly!
Majority of the Youth knows where Nigeria's Problem lies and are ready to speak up.
Same happens in Schools and you dear not question these guys but that was then anyway!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$2 Billion Abacha Loot: Gov Bagudu, Wife File Suit To Claim Seized Funds In Us / Senators In Closed-door Meeting Over Ig's Non-appearance Today / Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.