Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,804 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth (41088 Views)

CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) / Kogi Is The Only State In Nigeria Neighboring 10 States (photo Map) / Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Onlytruth(m): 5:15pm On Apr 19, 2011
If ever this nation splits, this election has handed us a solid blueprint. Give or take, this is the real Nigeria.

Now, tell me why a Southerner should brag about voting for Buhari, or a northerner for voting Jonathan.

As I write this, some southerners have lost their lives in the north just because Buhari lost. Pray, when did a northerner ever lose his life in the south just because a southerner lost?

The world is now seeing that northern Nigerians kill other Nigerians willy nilly.

Follow this map, make minor adjustment, you will arrive at two nations forced to stay one. QED.  cool

2 Likes

Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Onlytruth(m): 5:18pm On Apr 19, 2011
Vituperations are welcome as usual. cool

Nigerians would rather curse out someone than face the truth.

Is Buhari's loss worth the life of even a homeless Nigerian? NO.

Let's keep papering the cracks until the house collapses on our heads.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by johnie: 5:25pm On Apr 19, 2011
Hold your horses!

The colours on that map will change significantly after the governorship elections.

You will see at least three dominant colours in clusters. There will be two other less prominent colours.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Onlytruth(m): 5:28pm On Apr 19, 2011
^^
The governorship election is local and cannot be used to measure national cohesion.

Since when did someone die in Kano because someone lost gubernatorial elections anywhere in the south?

Only presidential elections are relevant here.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Sunofgod(m): 5:29pm On Apr 19, 2011
Heard some CNN reporter state that if Nigeria were to split along those lines, the North would be the most wretched country in the world by miles.

Worst education, health care, literacy rates, inequality, infant mortality, etc, etc.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Onlytruth(m): 5:31pm On Apr 19, 2011
How many people will die again next time the north loses, which is very likely? cool

This 2015 prediction is beginning to make sense to me.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 19, 2011
The SW nation really won it for GEJ as the map showed.

If the 13 million/15 million registered voters in the SW were interested enough to vote for Buhari, well Buhari would have won. IMO.

As they say. . . . . silence is powerful.

Anywaz, are we still on the topic. I thought GEJ won
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Onlytruth(m): 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2011
@Ileke

But the fact remains that they didn't vote for Buhari.
The why is not important. I will go on a limb to say that if they are pushed (as these northern riots are doing now), they would choose Jonathan over Buhari.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 19, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Ileke

But the fact remains that they didn't vote for Buhari.
The why is not important. I will go on a limb to say that if they are pushed (as these northern riots are doing now), they will chose Jonathan over Buhari.

Oh so Nigeria is still on the matter? Read a thread on NL that said sth about the riot being over in the North, that the Northerners have been appeased. I guess not.
I'm not sure if they'd have chosen GEJ over Buhari, but Buhari's excuse that millions of SW not voting is crap. Enough of this, let's see what 4 years will bring. If the SW gets interested in the coming four years, the story may change for GEJ. The fact is that the North and the SW don't trust a SS president yet. If GEJ works on increasing their trust, we won't have to look forward to another riot in 4 years.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Beaf: 5:48pm On Apr 19, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Oh so Nigeria is still on the matter? Read a thread on NL that said sth about the riot being over in the North, that the Northerners have been appeased. I guess not.
I'm not sure if they'd have chosen GEJ over Buhari, but Buhari's excuse that millions of SW not voting is crap. Enough of this, let's see what 4 years will bring. If the SW gets interested in the coming four years, the story may change for GEJ. The fact is that the North and the SW don't trust a SS president yet. If GEJ works on increasing their trust, we won't have to look forward to another riot in 4 years.

Nobody really gives a bloody shyte about bigots who wish to continue with the old ways of Nigeria.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Onlytruth(m): 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2011
The map is supported also by blood trail. The riots may be over, but people still died. Southerners. Unless there is a retaliation in the south.

My question is simple: Why should anyone lose his life because he is not indigenous to the place that lost presidential elections in Nigeria?

The riots can be mapped to the CPC zones.  cool
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by johnie: 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^
The governorship election is local and cannot be used to measure national cohesion.

Since when did someone die in Kano because someone lost gubernatorial elections anywhere in the south?

Only presidential elections are relevant here.

I am not talking about the violence.

I am saying that the division (God forbid!) would not end into parts (north-south). It's more complicated than that.

What would happen will be similar to Nuclear Fission- fission in Anthropology!

We would end up with  anumber of smaller states.

What I am saying is that those states would emerge on that map after the next set of elections.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 19, 2011
Beaf:

Nobody really gives a bloody shyte about bigots who wish to continue with the old ways of Nigeria.

I understand that the North should be reprimanded for causing chaos because they want a Northern president. [b]You [/b]should also be vilified for "not giving a shyt
" and expecting them to trust a SS president instantly. Everything is about trust. GEJ needs to work his way with them. A country cannot operate properly with oppositions from its every corner. So pardon moi, shyt has to be given.

As for the SW, obviously, we don't have a problem with GEJ becoming president. He's not our main concern as of now. I'm sure it wasnt only the Igbos that voted for GEJ. Benis did, Yorubas did, Itsekiris etc all did.

1 Like

Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Onlytruth(m): 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2011
@johnie

As I told Ileke-idi, I'm following the blood trail as well.

No amount of election winning or losing will kill non-indigene en masse in most southern Nigeria.
Simple.

To stop these senseless killings, someone has to step up and draw a line somewhere.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Kilode1: 5:56pm On Apr 19, 2011
Nuhu Ribadu will never forget the people of Osun grin

1 Like

Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Onlytruth(m): 5:57pm On Apr 19, 2011
If people are not being killed willy nilly, we can manage a nation together.
That's all.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2011
Onlytruth:

@johnie

As I told Ileke-idi, I'm following the blood trail as well.

No amount of election winning or losing will kill non-indigene en masse in most southern Nigeria.
Simple.

To stop these senseless killings, someone has to step up a draw a line somewhere.

I agree. Aboki no kuku know Igbo from Yoruba from Ijaw.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by johnie: 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kilode?!:

Nuhu Ribadu will never forget the people of Osun grin

Doesn't labelling the key for Ribadu as 'former anti-corruption fighter' give the impression that it is only the people of Osun that are interested in fighting corruption in Nigeria?

lol!
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by okstol: 6:12pm On Apr 19, 2011
I don't know whether Nigeria has now turn to Northgeria? Must everything in this country go the Arewa way? 38 out of 50 years isn't enough for them? I think its right time we sit down and re-negotiate our unity as a nation.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Pukkah: 6:13pm On Apr 19, 2011
This is thought-provoking.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Beaf: 6:17pm On Apr 19, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I understand that the North should be reprimanded for causing chaos because they want a Northern president. [b]You [/b]should also be vilified for "not giving a shyt
" and expecting them to trust a SS president instantly. Everything is about trust. GEJ needs to work his way with them. A country cannot operate properly with oppositions from its every corner. So pardon moi, shyt has to be given.

As for the SW, obviously, we don't have a problem with GEJ becoming president. He's not our main concern as of now. I'm sure it wasnt only the Igbos that voted for GEJ. Benis did, Yorubas did, Itsekiris etc all did.

About the core-North? Nobody gives a shyte, especially anybody from the ND or SE. Wicked marginalisation and the pushing of ethnically driven politics of oppression and exploitation are things that are impossible to forgive. Revenge? No, but there will be full rectification of national structures.

We have never trusted the core-North, but they ruled us anyway. Now, they do not trust us, but we will rule them anyway. The almajiri's will be educated by every means to stop them from being ready tools of terror, empowerment would also be brought to the core-Northern down trodden. It is a war of ideas that they are fighting with stones, guess who will win? So, to hell with trust from that quarter, in a country with a proper national architecture, ethnically bigoted trust would be irrelevant.

As for the SW, you just have the worst leadership possible under Tinubu. What sort of dunce would give up the presidential race, whille they are 10 times stronger in FG representation? Tinubu is very smallminded, and its a bit of shock that he is getting any following among the educated; the best bet is to begin to push Fashola into the SW overall leadership role, cos Tinubu will make the SW underperform on the political field, with the danger of losing relevance with eyes open. Impossible? Check the recent elections. It will worsen if Tinubu isn't removed at this time and SW votes become severely fragmented and a gift to all comers.
The foolish agro with the SS is purely Tinubu's invention, what he hoped to acheive with it is anyones guess. It just shows he isn't very smart though; now he is dreaming of selecting ministers after playing bad hands.
The time for the likes of Fashola has come, and it is time for the SW to sieze the opportunity. Its also time to bury Tinubu.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Beaf: 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2011
@OnlyTruth
This is a much better map.

Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by johnie: 6:27pm On Apr 19, 2011
^^^

@Onlytruth,

See, how many nationalities can we count there?
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by idnole4(m): 6:29pm On Apr 19, 2011
Does every Hausa's speaks Fulani and vice versa? Are they actually one, or they are simply classified as one because of religion?
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Beaf: 6:32pm On Apr 19, 2011
johnie:

^^^

@Onlytruth,

See, how many nationalities can we count there?

I'm sure most guys would be looking at just the Hausa-Fulani areas of that map. . .
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by liquid7: 6:34pm On Apr 19, 2011
i support buhari and i am from niger delta .
tribal politics is something i do not practise .
as for this continous cry to divide nigeria ,if nigeria must split explain to me why niger delta should not split as well.People leeching our oil are not just hausa people.Ibo and yorubas also take a good slice of it too so why must we split and join them.
Stop calling for split unless you want nigeria to fragment to 4-6 pieces .

1 Like

Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Onlytruth(m): 6:34pm On Apr 19, 2011
Beaf,

I am not talking about the ethnic map of Nigeria.

I am talking about political/cohesion map of Nigeria. In essence how the nation can be stable politically.

Anytime southern Nigerians die in the north for political or religious reasons, I question current set up.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by johnie: 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2011
Are you suggesting that there is political cohesion among all the nationalities that voted (in majority) for GEJ?

Think again.

If all the the opponents of GEJ in the contest had been southerners from at least two different southern nationalities (Say One from SE and one from SW), would the voting pattern in the south have been the same?

I think not.

That's why some believe the outcome of this election is a gang-up by the south against nothern hegemony.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Onlytruth(m): 6:43pm On Apr 19, 2011
^^
And you think there has never been a gang up against the south?
It has happened severally in the past, but none died in the south because of it.

Guys, please lets keep this discourse sane and civil. Thank you.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Jakumo(m): 6:43pm On Apr 19, 2011
Only Truth there is a whole lot of truth in that picture.  The map you have posted showing voter patterns in this 2011 presidential election tells the TRUE story of Nigeria.  The northern Muslims voted for the fundamentalist zealot and expired tyrant Buhari, purely on account of his tribe and religion, and erupted in choreographed anarchy when their candidate was roundly rejected by an overwhelming majority of the electorate occupying the south of the country.

The largely Christian southern Nigeria's numerous tribes, on the other hand, demonstrated a most uplifting sense of unity by unanimously re-electing a southern Christian from the minority Izon tribe of the Niger Delta, where ALL of the nation's wealth has been extracted for the past half century, and from where a president has been LONG overdue.   This rare display of inter-tribal cohesion portends well for the future of a new nation comprising Nigeria's predominantly Christian or animist cultures, and occupying all territories to the south of the "Y"-shaped course drawn on the map by Niger and Benue Rivers.  

It is NO coincidence that the ideological line of demarcation between the Muslim north and the Christian south of Nigeria follows precisely the voting pattern recorded in the the April 2011 presidential election, whose polls have been adjudged by international observers to be the freest and fairest in Nigeria's turbulent political history.  The ONLY obstacle that continues to stand in the way of an amicable separation of Nigeria's two constituent yet opposed nations remains the fact that generations of the political elite from the Muslim north of Nigeria have assumed a sense of divine birth-right over the oil wealth that flows from the Niger Delta, notwithstanding their great geographical distance from the oil fields that dot the mangroves and continental shelf of the Atlantic coast, hundreds of miles to the south.

If oil explorations currently under way in the Chad Basin eventually do yield results, there is no question that the tribes comprising the Muslim north of Nigeria would gladly opt to re-draw Nigeria's national boundaries along religious lines, which coincide with the political divide so clearly evident in the above map.  If, however, those oil explorations and other related mineral prospecting operations now combing northern Nigeria's arid geology do NOT hit paydirt, the Muslim majority there will continue to insist on imposing themselves as unwelcome dinner-guests at the crude oil banquet held within the boundaries scrawled on paper long ago by a drunken colonialist named Lord Lugard.   In this instance an attempt to excise the unwanted guests from the union, by holding a Sudan-style national referendum, would meet vigorous opposition that could escalate from the political to the military.  It is all about that oil money.  All about that crude oil.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by johnie: 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^
And you think there has never been a gang up against the south?
It has happened severally in the past, but none died in the south because of it.

Guys, please lets keep this discourse sane and civil. Thank you.

So you agree that this is a gang-up?

You seem to be making two points here:
1. That the voting pattern shows the north (where CPC has majority votes) is the regular hotbed for violence
2. That the voting pattern indicated what will be the likely result of a referendum on spliting Nigeria into two - I.e. a massive yes vote!

I have decided to only discuss the second point.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 19, 2011
@beaf et al

I agree with you on this one. esp. on the issue of full rectification of national structures (as it concern minorities in this country).
But still, the almajiri boys are mere pawn in the game - victims of the northern oligarchy.

Your analysis of Tinubu is candid. He is nothing but a unintelligent traitor!

Nevertheless, I hate PDP bad governance though,I still believe Buhari is the least corrupt of the lots. I would have voted GEJ in other parties.

Nigeria shouldl give GEJ the benefit of doubt. (Wish him & Nigerians all the best of the next 4 years, maybe).
If GEJ perform well I will metamorphosis into Beaf-Efisher-Ma J Blige Combo in 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uchechi Okwu Reacts To Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest & Detention / Peter Obi Attends RCCG Convention (Video) / Notorious Terrorist Bello Turji To Military: Why Have You Not Killed Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.