Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth (41118 Views)

CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) / Kogi Is The Only State In Nigeria Neighboring 10 States (photo Map) / Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Nadanbata: 4:28am On Apr 20, 2011
Beaf:

We will never carry the problem of Nigeria to any new country. Instead of practising this nonsense where everybody collects money from Abuja, it would be the local govts paying taxes to the states and the states paying taxes to the FG in turn. Thats the only way to run a country that is serious about developing, its also the only way to kill both corruption and ethnic bigotry. With such a system there would never be the sort of foolish rioting and church burning going on now, because the FG would no longer be so powerful and rich, all the money would be at local govt and state levels (and it wouldn't be that much as well).

The South has been clamouring for a sovereign national conference to discuss such issues, but the Northern elite have always blocked it and gone instead for the current system that causes corruption, bloodshed and enslavement of other parts of the country. No doubt the poor Hausa's and Fulani's suffer even more than most Southerners, but that is the fault of the Northern elite.

What I find most ironic is that GEJ has already promised that the FG will train the very almajiri's that are killing Southerners. But these almajiri's prefer to kill on the orders of the very Northern elite that deprived them off education and made them poor.

Who will implent and run the Southern system though? Is it not the same ELITES that control tings now? or will there be some miracle JUJU that produces new leaders?

Northern elite and Southern elite are both corrupt that conspire to use the ethnic divide to keep the status quo. When you blame the Hausawa you play into they hands just like almajari attacking Christians does. For the common folk they dont understand this because the elites have kept them backward. But us educated ones should see the game dey play.

On the bolded. I heard there was a million + on the streets and they attacked EMIRS/PDP infrastucture it wasnt on the order of them PDP elites. lol.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Beaf: 4:41am On Apr 20, 2011
Nadanbata:

Who will implent and run the Southern system though? Is it not the same ELITES that control tings now? or will there be some miracle 419 that produces new leaders?

Northern elite and Southern elite are both corrupt that conspire to use the ethnic divide to keep the status quo. When you blame the Hausawa you play into they hands just like almajari attacking Christians does. For the common folk they dont understand this because the elites have kept them backward. But us educated ones should see the game dey play.

On the bolded. I heard there was a million + on the streets and they attacked EMIRS/PDP infrastucture[b] it wasnt on the order of them PDP elites[/b]. lol.

Exactly, we both have a very different interpretation of who the elites are. It is funny that Sambo's house was burnt down, same as Na'aba and a few other very good peoples houses; whereas IBB's house is still standing, Atiku's house is still standing, so are Ciroma's, Kaita's, Tanimu Yakubu's, Abba Ruma's, numerous ex-generals houses etc These are the people who have ra'ped the country for 38 years.

PDP is not the same as the Northern elite, cabals and hegemonists that have held the whole country to ransome and impoverished the North. The elite control the almajiri's and it shows in the way they targetted the wrong peoples houses, burnt churches, killed Christians and Southerners.
If you, an educated Northerner thinks the almajiri's targetted their oppressors, then there is a lot of confusion in the Northern mind as to who the real enemy is. Please take another look at the situation, but this time, pretend to be a Southerner.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Nadanbata: 4:47am On Apr 20, 2011
Beaf:

Exactly, we both have a very different interpretation of who the elites are. It is funny that Sambo's house was burnt down, same as Na'aba and a few other very good peoples houses; whereas IBB's house is still standing, Atiku's house is still standing, so are Ciroma's, Kaita's, Tanimu Yakubu's, Abba Ruma's, numerous ex-generals houses etc These are the people who have ra'ped the country for 38 years.

PDP is not the same as the Northern elite, cabals and hegemonists that have held the whole country to ransome and impoverished the North. The elite control the almajiri's and it shows in the way they targetted the wrong peoples houses, burnt churches, killed Christians and Southerners.
If you, an educated Northerner thinks the almajiri's targetted their oppressors, then there is a lot of confusion in the Northern mind as to who the real enemy is. Please take another look at the situation, but this time, pretend to be a Southerner.

Come on bros. lols. Your saying ATIKU + IBB sanctioned the protest/riots rather than it being spontaneous ?

And you are saying PDP is not the arm via wish the elite control things ?
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Onlytruth(m): 4:58am On Apr 20, 2011
I like this Gadogado guy. He is honest and cuts to the chase.

His plan is very acceptable to me. cool

I don't think this is about punishing any section of the country. It is about finding peace and stability.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by dayokanu(m): 6:25am On Apr 20, 2011
I dey laff o
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by vicenzo(m): 8:48am On Apr 20, 2011
jason123:

Mister man, so anyone that does not support your views or your Biafra must be Hausa, abi Olodo . . . .well keep deceiving yourself. Do you think everyone from a particular ethnic group must think alike?? What the hell happened to personality

ewu,i didnt mention biafra in my post,what is new?A yorubaman posing as a nigerdeltan(itshekiri) defending an aboki posing as a nigerdeltan,the saying that birds of the same feather flocks together never made more sense.
Dude you are a joke,with 100 monikers,who do you think you are deceiving.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by gadogado(m): 8:52am On Apr 20, 2011
@beaf

Not so sure southern Kaduna people who mostly speak hausa would like to join the south as a country, we'd have to ask them, if they do, then you can have them, but we can dredge the river niger north west of lokoja. Either way, I'm saying separation without bitterness might just be the smartest thing to do!
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by gadogado(m): 9:00am On Apr 20, 2011
@beaf! you still dont understand the dynamic it seems. IBB and co have given the impression that they've always fought for northern interests. Na'abba (not so sure he's a "good person") rigged on behalf of the pdp and northerners see that as seeling them into slavery for some measly change in his pocket. The anger is not over goodluck's "win" but over the fact that they massively rigged the election in the north, they inflated pdp votes. No way pdp won 40% of sokoto, this is why sokoto youths attempted to burn down the sultan's palace, they burned down a section of the emir of kano's palace and completely burned down the emir of zaria's palace because they see these people as complicit in rigging their election and inflating gej votes!!

its a case of "I know all my neighbors voted for buhari and all of a sudden we're being told that 40% of us voted for goodluck" so had the election not been rigged, you would not see violence even if goodluck won eventually to which he stood a good chance of!! he most likely would have won the run off but they had to rig to avoid a run off!! so the pdp caused the violence not buhari or the cpc. Dont rig and you will see no violence!! its really as simple as that!!!
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by gadogado(m): 9:05am On Apr 20, 2011
The country should be split!!! The elite will not agree to it however. Therefore, you will continue having no electricity and you'll continue to suffer in that country! voting for pdp was voting against your interests if you're an ordinary Nigerian. southerners are such bigots, its sad!! I read one post where someone said "I'd rather vote for a looting president than an almajiri president" WE SHOULD JUST RESOLVE TO SPLIT THAT COUNTRY IN TWO. Thats the best way moving forward!
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Akanbiedu(m): 9:05am On Apr 20, 2011
LMAO

Looks like Tinubu was real threat to GEJ in the just concluded elections.

Beaf advocating Fashola to be the new face of leadership in SW, I am beginning to suspect Fashola is a weakling. What does Fashola know? he has performed well in stable conditions, what about in unstable conditions?

Abegi, we no dey fall for this southern unity BS, it's either we are in Nigeria or Odualand not South. We won't be replacing a devil with another devil.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Akanbiedu(m): 9:08am On Apr 20, 2011
Just a week ago, beaf was advocating for Urhobo state. These are the kind of people we'll be dealing with.

People who have no record of central government in their past will never understand the concept of nationalism.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by nedu666: 10:44am On Apr 20, 2011
u fool u sit in the us. and wish tragedy and wars to all nigerians, oneday u will fall victim to your own wishes fool
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by T9ksy(m): 11:17am On Apr 20, 2011
gadogado:

The country should be split!!! The elite will not agree to it however. Therefore, you will continue having no electricity and you'll continue to suffer in that country! voting for pdp was voting against your interests if you're an ordinary Nigerian. southerners are such bigots, its sad!! I read one post where someone said "I'd rather vote for a looting president than an almajiri president" WE SHOULD JUST RESOLVE TO SPLIT THAT COUNTRY IN TWO. Thats the best way moving forward!

You should scream the bolded part on the  roof-tops  to the northern masses but not the elites as we all know they are opposed to such a move. Fyi, southerners voted pdp  not because as you simply put it, they are bigots but actually because they never forgot what an ethnic bigot buhari was and still is. Sotherners haven't forgotten how Buhari in his 1st outing brutalised and dehumanised us. How he jailed our political leaders for 100 years whilst northern politicians ( who were really the ones sharing out our resources and squandering them) were placed on house arrest. It just goes to illustrate what a dunce Buhari is if he actually believes that southerners will vote for him. The only way the mofo will ever get to rule us again is thru the barrels of a gun which we purchased for him with our tears, sweat and blood with the expectation that he will used them (guns) to protect us from external threat.

As for spliting into two, don't worry your sweet head about that. Eventually water will find its own level irrespective of which container its poured in. Nigeria will split into as many parts as it can expediently live with  but one thing is certain, this extant system will never work. It was not set-up to be viable and it has been dysfunctional for over 50yrs! 

LET'S GO OUR SEPERATE WAYS- WE ARE NOT SIAMESE TWINS!!!
Even they seperated and went on to live full and independent lives.   
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by EzeUche3(m): 3:37pm On Apr 20, 2011
No one in the South-East was going to vote for Buhari, especially when he put Shagari under house arrest, but put his Vice President, Alex Ekwueme in prison, simply because he was not from the North. Did people actually expect that the Ndigbo has forgotten this act? He imprisoned more Southern leaders, but allow Northern leaders either to remain free or be under house arrest.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by nagoma(m): 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2011
The Nigerian Election was not contested on rational nation centered , and development centered objectives even by the electorate or else PDP would not have won even with an oil producing area candidate. The election was based on Money, Ehnicity and Religion and clearly the South, the Christians and those who have access to money ( government money) have won. The anger over the riots in the North is also justified , I am very angry , miserable and sad at this carnage and loss of lives and property. But the Nairalanders here majority of who are the victors in this tribal election are also calling for war. I know this is a difficult time to make a constructive suggestion when there is destruction and wickedness everywhere. My suggestion is that JEG insists for the first time in our history that the culprits in this be fished out and tried and judged according to rule of law and be meted with the appropriate punishment including the death penalty, I am in support of that. After that as the countries president, he can address the causes which include education of the poverty stricken youths of the north who are now the midnight children, who do not know Islam and have no access to any other form of education and therefore behave like animals, when they know there is no redress and no real justice . If he cannot do that let him propose that the country be divided. He can go and rule the "civilized south" and the northerners with  hind sight could tame and train their lot. Nations can survive and are known to survive by growing onions, tomatoes, potatoes, rice, sugar cane, yam, peanuts and pepper and by rearing goats, sheep and cattle and exploring a few minerals like gold and columbite they can manage. Its better to part in peace for you the victors as well as the vanquished- no victor no vanquished that is the tradition in Nigeria abi? The 2 nations can still trade and exchange greetings - after all the Americans dropped the atom bomb in Nagasaki and Hiroshima  that killed and maimed hundreds of thousands but these 2 countries are friends now. All this hyperventilation and exchange of insults and incitinng comments under the anonimity of NL is not really necessary - tell goodluck to chose to rule only the south  afterall they elected him.

1 Like

Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by ufumes(m): 3:58pm On Apr 20, 2011
If Nigeria splits, each zone would still rely on each other to survive.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by obongtunji: 4:20pm On Apr 20, 2011
I hate talkin against man of GOD.But stil i say i dont know man of whome i should kal tunde bakare. Nairalander do u rememba dis man kalin 4 voilence(wild wild north) durin wat they kal campaign. No wonda he has bin a controversial man. I wonder wat he has bin preachin 2 his congregation, may b violence
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by ideylaff: 4:20pm On Apr 20, 2011
Tinubu has his own side of the alliance story too, we were not there, it's now a matter of "He said, She said" until they provide audio and video recordings.

LOL, one thing I know is that he requested/asked for his EFFC file to be destroyed and 4gotten 4 life,  lipsrsealed.

ON another note, we heared Buharis name during the ACN/CPC alliance talks but we never heard Nuhu Ribadu at all, same for when
Tinubu went to Aso to see Jonathan shorthly b4 the Presidential election, he went with Fashola and a few of his lieutenants, but still no mention of Nuhu Ribadu in the whole scenario.

This brings a few questions to mind undecided

1. Is Tinubu so heavy handed that Nuhu fears him?

2. Did Nuhu prefer an alliance with CPC than with PDP?

3. Is Nuhu a fall man for the whole thing and how its worked out, cos I dont see Nuhu working/surving within PDP after all he has said about them

4. Why was Tinubu the man doing all the negotiations when the mandate belonged to Nuhu Ribadu

LIKE I KEEP REITERATING, POLITICIANS NEVER FIGHT THEMSELVES, THEY JUST DISAGREE TO AGREE, WE ARE THE OUTSIDERS AND ITS OUR VERY OWN LIVES THEY MORTGAGE WHEN THEY MAKE DECISIONS BASED SOLELY ON EGO, PERSONAL INTEREST AND WHAT NOT U HAVE.

Time will tell
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2011
Like him or not, we still need rugged rogues like tinubu to play opposition in nigeria. And the politics in naija is just money, not ideas and how do u expect Fashola, a homeboy to act that role, thumbs up to Tinubu!why? because this is africa, this is Nigeria.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by supereagle(m): 6:04pm On Apr 20, 2011
SW gave it to JEG.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by 1953truth: 11:04pm On Apr 20, 2011
How long do you think the Muslim north would want to continue being part of Nigeria if commercially viable and profitable oil deposits are discovered in their domain?
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by 1953truth: 11:06pm On Apr 20, 2011
How long do you think the Muslim north would want to continue being part of Nigeria if commercially viable and profitable oil deposits are discovered in their domain?
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by CrudeOil2(m): 12:07am On Apr 21, 2011
gadogado:

There is no born to rule mentality, thats just what you southerners cooked up to rally yourselves against northern political forces. Lame! the riots happened because the election was rigged, goodluck did not get and could not get 40% of sokoto votes as the results showed!

Dont rig elections and there will be no violence! under ordinary circumstances, with no cheating, the election would go into a run off!!! not gej winning by over 10 million votes!! big lie!! rigging!!! you know it, the whole country knows the elections were rigged, northerners, if you heard what they were chanting, were aggrieved by the margin of loss not necessarily because gej "won" All the PDP knows is rigging! they're criminals and have no true legitimacy! if you recall in 1993, Kano people voted en mass for a southerner (MKO ABIOLA) over a son of the soil (Bashir Tofa)

in 1999, there was an agreement, saying power will rotate between north and south, it went to the north for 8 years and reciprocity and adherence to the agreement was naturally expected. It came back to the north, pres died in no time, then it was ok for the vp to continue, but naturally, the agreement should have stayed and gej step down for a northerner in 2011. But southerners said theres no agreement, which agreement, so this is now wayo!!! good and fine, lets have an honest election then, but no, they had to rig!

Most northerners want the country split in two, there's unity in the north and understanding! the only thing keeping southerners united in your hate for the north, if we break up, you'll swallow each other!! The northern elite who have hoarded all the money along with the southern elite are the only people "NIGERIA" is serving so they'll fight to keep the status quo, what average northerner smells oil money? pls tell me! when they're hungry so oil means jack, they couldn't be bothered since a split doesn't mean they lose anything, the only people that will lose are the less than 1000 individuals that make up the core of the northern elite, they all know each other and inter marry!!! get it straight people! I'm a northerner and I'd rather see the country broken up since it doesn't look like we can coexist as a united nation! many countries that have no oil are doing better than Nigeria anyway so oil is not a requisite for livelihood or even prosperity i dare to say, the north was doing fine pre oil before being inflicted with the dastardly dutch disease by the south!!

You can't keep to agreements and the cheat in elections!! so we might as well split! The condition being, for the sake of the history and the many positive effects we've had on each other (it hasn't all been negative hate) you allow us a port through dredging the Niger river and we'll be out of your skin in no time!! There's oil on the Nigerian side of lake Chad anyway since it exists on the Chadian side and the soil and geology is the same, it therefore must exist on the Nigerian side! politics won't let us be serious about exploration!!! But I'd love to split the country!!

Trash! Who do you think you are deceiving?
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Ayowumie(m): 12:18am On Apr 21, 2011
There are so many issues begging for rational attention on this particular thread. Not knowing where to start, I would be picking them one after the other:

Beaf on the first page of this thread is criticising Tinubu even called him a small minded person. This is funny. Politicians in Nigeria are never to be trusted. There has been a rumour of alleged alliance btw Tinubu and Jonathan (not PDP). This alliance is based on the suffix that SW would produce the next Senate President. If this is true (which i think it is cos there is nothing to suggest otherwise), then who do you think the Senate President would be?
My best guess is OLUREMI TINUBU. Politics in Nigeria is never about ideals and ideology but it is always about selfish interest (remember the failure of alliance btw ACN & CPC). Tinubu allegedly 'sold' Lagos on the bases of his selfish interest.
The only sorry i seem to have is that Ribadu was a pawn in the hands of the like of Tinubu. He should have seen the hand writing on the wall. Right from the outset, many of us had predicted that Ribadu's candidacy was in jeopardy cos at no time was he in charge of the party's machinery. In my opinion, ACN did not want a repeat of what happened to AD in 2003 that was why there was no open endorsement of GEJ rather it was a secret alliance. Oh Ribadu, how could you have been so dull?

To the thread proper, the voting pattern of Nigerians vary along many dimensions but it was never based on any particular ideology. Even none of the parties are along ideology.
The voting pattern vary along the following dimensions: Religion; Ethnic affiliation; Compensation of the minority; Personality (even though, the definition attached to this is loose)
I challenge anyone that would tell me am wrong.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by pleep(m): 1:11am On Apr 21, 2011
http://historyfacebook.wikispaces.com/file/view/Hausa_map.gif/30686939/Hausa_map.gif

This land right here should be a seperate hausa/ fulani/ Taureg County. That would solve all these problems.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by CrudeOil2(m): 1:15am On Apr 21, 2011
So gadogado, there is no born to rule mentality? Tell me something, why didn’t the northern youths protest in 2007 when Yar’adull was rigged into power by the PDP. There were jubilations in katsina and other parts of the north. If you also take a look at the election results, you would notice that Yar’adull won the majority of the votes from the s/south and the s/east which is very impossible. But did the s/southern and s/east youths protest? No! Why didn’t they protest the results of the national assembly elections that just held weeks ago?
If there is no born to rule mentality, why did the northern political elites initiate the idea of a power rotation/zoning policy? Of course, after ruling the country for over thirty years, they believe its their right to be rulers and kingmakers.
You said most northerners want to secede. I don’t think so. If they are serious about secession, why are they not audacious in their pursuit towards the cause? The southerners have groups such as the MASSOB, MEND, OPC etc. Which northern group is clamoring for separation, (Boko Haram)? None!
You also claimed that you northerners have not benefited from the oil boom. Wow! So those roads, airports, electricity, schools etc- where do the funds used in financing them come from? If each northern state generated their own revenue, would they be able to fund these projects comfortably? Even your elites, would they be more than 100 if the north was a separate country? Your legislators who collect millions annually for doing nothing, your businessmen like dangote, would he be the richest African if the north was a separate country? Instead of you lot to be grateful, you are killing you hosts. SHAME!
And there is no oil in the lake chad basin. . .
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by pleep(m): 1:17am On Apr 21, 2011
^^^ you tore his argument to pieces.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by CrudeOil2(m): 1:50am On Apr 21, 2011
^^ He cannot fool me. . he should take his crap elsewhere
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Nobody: 2:09am On Apr 21, 2011
Crude Oil:

^^ He cannot fool me. . he should take his crap elsewhere

Dont mind the mugu angry
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by deb(m): 2:32am On Apr 21, 2011
Going by the division on the Map, I'm forced to ask the question; who is telling lies? Nigerian population Census board or INEC? Who has d largest population? North or South?
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by CrudeOil2(m): 3:40am On Apr 21, 2011
^ are you sleeping?
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by igboboy1(m): 6:10am On Apr 21, 2011
Where is the bush Ileke girl saying the SW won it gor GEJ? ANuofia dem tell you say all the inhabitants in the SW are yoruba? Hausa alone for Lagos nothing less than 2 million, igbo nothing less than 1.5 million, other non yoruba nationalities there nothing less than 3 milion,

ok lets say everybody for SW na odua sef na we tell una make una no vote your tribal party ACN? Abeg go siddon, onye ara

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari Gets Customized LV Marriage Boxes From Indimi Family (photos/video) / $1.1b Fraud: British Judge Questions GEJ's Integrity, Stops Etete From Getting / Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.