Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth (41117 Views)

CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) / Kogi Is The Only State In Nigeria Neighboring 10 States (photo Map) / Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 19, 2011
It's more complicated than that.

gbam.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Onlytruth(m): 7:08pm On Apr 19, 2011
Guys please note that I am supporting whatever system that is manageable. Something that can be in place without us holding our breath over elections.

Current system is too hostile to sanity.

@Jakumo,

Thanks bros! You never disappoint. cool
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Kilode1: 7:09pm On Apr 19, 2011
Beaf:

About the core-North? Nobody gives a shyte, especially anybody from the ND or SE. Wicked marginalisation and the pushing of ethnically driven politics of oppression and exploitation are things that are impossible to forgive. Revenge? No, but there will be full rectification of national structures.

We have never trusted the core-North, but they ruled us anyway. Now, they do not trust us, but we will rule them anyway. The almajiri's will be educated by every means to stop them from being ready tools of terror, empowerment would also be brought to the core-Northern down trodden. It is a war of ideas that they are fighting with stones, guess who will win? So, to hell with trust from that quarter, in a country with a proper national architecture, ethnically bigoted trust would be irrelevant.

As for the SW, you just have the worst leadership possible under Tinubu. What sort of dunce would give up the presidential race, whille they are 10 times stronger in FG representation? Tinubu is very smallminded, and its a bit of shock that he is getting any following among the educated; the best bet is to begin to push Fashola into the SW overall leadership role, cos Tinubu will make the SW underperform on the political field, with the danger of losing relevance with eyes open. Impossible? Check the recent elections. It will worsen if Tinubu isn't removed at this time and SW votes become severely fragmented and a gift to all comers.

The foolish agro with the SS is purely Tinubu's invention, what he hoped to acheive with it is anyones guess. It just shows he isn't very smart though; now he is dreaming of selecting ministers after playing bad hands.
The time for the likes of Fashola has come, and it is time for the SW to sieze the opportunity. Its also time to bury Tinubu.

Beaf calm down. Election is over, don't try to make enemies where there are none.

Tinubu is not fighting South Southeners, Edo is SS, no? even great Ogboru sef might do well to join ACN as soon as he can. wink

Seriously though, Tinubu is a political operator and a good one too. Nigeria is not a united country we all need to edge our bets and make sure alliances bring benefits. Fashola is a Politican and a Technocrat. I'm sure they are not dumb people. If they had the kind of money the FG/PDP had access to, their party probably would have won this election too.

Let's  now focus on the things we agree on, Restructuring, Fiscal Federalism, State Police, Education, Information Access reforms E.T.C and work together towards achieveing them.

Tinubu has his own side of the alliance story too, we were not there, it's now a matter of "He said, She said" until they provide audio and video recordings.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 19, 2011
Jakumo:

Only Truth there is a whole lot of truth in that picture.  The map you have posted showing voter patterns in this 2011 presidential election tells the TRUE story of Nigeria.  The northern Muslims voted for the fundamentalist zealot and expired tyrant Buhari, purely on account of his tribe and religion, and erupted in choreographed anarchy when their candidate was roundly rejected by an overwhelming majority of the electorate occupying the south of the country.

The largely Christian southern Nigeria's numerous tribes, on the other hand, demonstrated a most uplifting sense of unity by unanimously re-electing a southern Christian from the minority Izon tribe of the Niger Delta, where ALL of the nation's wealth has been extracted for the past half century, and from where a president has been LONG overdue.   This rare display of inter-tribal cohesion portends well for the future of a new nation comprising Nigeria's predominantly Christian or animist cultures, and occupying all territories to the south of the "Y"-shaped course drawn on the map by Niger and Benue Rivers.  

It is NO coincidence that the ideological line of demarcation between the Muslim north and the Christian south of Nigeria follows precisely the voting pattern recorded in the the April 2011 presidential election, whose polls have been adjudged by international observers to be the freest and fairest in Nigeria's turbulent political history.  The ONLY obstacle that continues to stand in the way of an amicable separation of Nigeria's two constituent yet opposed nations remains the fact that generations of the political elite from the Muslim north of Nigeria have assumed a sense of divine birth-right over the oil wealth that flows from the Niger Delta, notwithstanding their great geographical distance from the oil fields that dot the mangroves and continental shelf of the Atlantic coast, hundreds of miles to the south.

If oil explorations currently under way in the Chad Basin eventually do yield results, there is no question that the tribes comprising the Muslim north of Nigeria would gladly opt to re-draw Nigeria's national boundaries along religious lines, which coincide with the political divide so clearly evident in the above map.  If, however, those oil explorations and other related mineral prospecting operations now combing northern Nigeria's arid geology do NOT hit paydirt, the Muslim majority there will continue to insist on imposing themselves as unwelcome dinner-guests at the crude oil banquet held within the boundaries scrawled on paper long ago by a drunken colonialist named Lord Lugard.   In this instance an attempt to excise the unwanted guests from the union, by holding a Sudan-style national referendum, would meet vigorous opposition that could escalate from the political to the military.  It is all about that oil money.  All about that crude oil.

@Jakumo
While opposing vigorously the idea of born to rule or leadership birthright. Jakumo write up inadvertendly reek of religious bigotry. You are not just against Buhari, you are anti- Muslims.

You are noy any better than the same people you so much despise. I guess in your next write up you'll be screaming "killed the Muslim infidels" kill them all- Yoruba, Gwari, Jukun, Ebira, Nupe, Igala, Gbagyi et al
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Eziachi: 7:18pm On Apr 19, 2011
Sun of god:

Heard some CNN reporter state that if Nigeria were to split along those lines, the North would be the most wretched country in the world by miles.

Worst education, health care, literacy rates, inequality, infant mortality, etc, etc.

So you really need CNN to educate you about Nigeria? On what fact did they based the assertion that the North will be the most wreched country in the world even by miles?
If Nigeria is to split today, below is what the North will take with them:

TOMATOE
ONION
RICE
POTATO
VEGETABLE OIL
GROUNDNUT
SOGHUM (beer)
MILLET
TURKEY
BEEF
SUGAR CANE (sugar)
RED/WHITE BEANS
YAM
CARROT
VANILLA POD
MILK
SPICES
WHITE MAIZE (corn meal, cornflakes, animal feed)
MANGALA FISH
GUINEA FOWL MEAT
GUINEA FOWL EGG
RAM (mutton)
GALLICK
FLOUR (Bread/biscuit)
LEATHER/HIDE
TRADITIONAL TEXTILE PRODUCTS

Before you guys boast based on our self assumed superiority complex, always think of the above.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 19, 2011
^^^ Na true. Hunger go kill some ppl sha. Nigerian men wey dey cultivate their perfectly round potbelly go suffer fa!
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Beaf: 11:13pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kilode?!:

Beaf calm down. Election is over, don't try to make enemies where there are none.

Tinubu is not fighting South Southeners, Edo is SS, no? even great Ogboru sef might do well to join ACN as soon as he can. wink

Seriously though, Tinubu is a political operator and a good one too. Nigeria is not a united country we all need to edge our bets and make sure alliances bring benefits. Fashola is a Politican and a Technocrat. I'm sure they are not dumb people. If they had the kind of money the FG/PDP had access to, their party probably would have won this election too.

Let's  now focus on the things we agree on, Restructuring, Fiscal Federalism, State Police, Education, Information Access reforms E.T.C and work together towards achieveing them.

Tinubu has his own side of the alliance story too, we were not there, it's now a matter of "He said, She said" until they provide audio and video recordings.

To put it mildly, the SS hates Tinubu with a passion. GEJ cast aspersions on the SW political leadership, but Tinubu's response was unadulterated ethnic bigotry and kept going at it for weeks. I am not making enemies, the enmity has already been thrown at us; to make it worse, highly offensive phrases like "drunken fishermen" became a sort of ACN anthem. Dude, the die is cast.

Seeing Tinubu as some sort of political hero is walking into Satans embrace with both eyes wide open. Especially in this new season when our politics is being vacuumed, hosed down and polished.

I can promise you that you will see several governors equalling or surpassing Fashola in these new times. When that happens, what would become of SW politics?  Fashola is the only attraction to ACN within and outside the SW. Without him, there wouldn't be much to point at, but there would still be the bogeyman demanding N2billion per month and fixing his girlfriends, kids and family friends in all SW positions.
It is in Tinubu's interest to keep SW politics insular, so he can play the "we and them" games that keep Lagos states land and money flowing in his pockets, with the populace to occupied fighting the mythical "them" that they become blind and unquestioning to the rap'e occurring under their noses.

The SW is on a wild train ride to nowhere except Tinubu is replaced with a thinker like Fashola. Is that not the same region that produced the Ajasin's, Babatope's, Jakande's, Herbert Mcaulay's etc? What are you doing with Tinubu? Even tiny Delta state ejected the much more powerful Ibori.

Take a look at the new political map of Nigeria, the SW should be taking its seat in the new political block that consists of Middle Belt, SE and SS. Its a powerful grouping that will only get more nourished and infinitely more powerful.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 19, 2011
tinubu must be really scared i assume.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by vicenzo(m): 11:53pm On Apr 19, 2011
liquid7:

i support buhari and i am from niger delta .
tribal politics is something i do not practise .
as for this continous cry to divide nigeria ,if nigeria must split explain to me why niger delta should not split as well.People leeching our oil are not just hausa people.Ibo and yorubas also take a good slice of it too so why must we split and join them.
Stop calling for split unless you want nigeria to fragment to 4-6 pieces .
Now, here is an impostor,nothing is more disgusting than an aboki posing as a nigerdeltan,GEJ is now the president of nigeria and an aboki wants to be his brother, abi? Onye oshi.
You exposed yourself when you said that ndiigbo steals ND oil,no real nigerdeltan wil say that,not when anioma,obigbo,onelga,ikwerre,ndoki communities in akwa ibom,etche,etc are part of nigerdelta.
You and your tribe are a pathetic excuse for a human being,no wonder an aboki started a thread the other day,blaming God for making him an aboki,now piss off.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by jason123: 12:32am On Apr 20, 2011
vicenzo:

Now, here is an impostor,nothing is more disgusting than an aboki posing as a nigerdeltan,GEJ is now the president of nigeria and an aboki wants to be his brother, abi? Onye oshi.
You exposed yourself when you said that ndiigbo steals ND oil,no real nigerdeltan wil say that,not when anioma,obigbo,onelga,ikwerre,ndoki communities in akwa ibom,etche,etc are part of nigerdelta.
You and your tribe are a pathetic excuse for a human being,no wonder an aboki started a thread the other day,blaming God for making him an aboki,now piss off.
Mister man, so anyone that does not support your views or your Biafra must be Hausa, abi Olodo . . . .well keep deceiving yourself. Do you think everyone from a particular ethnic group must think alike?? What the hell happened to personality

1 Like

Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by jason123: 12:48am On Apr 20, 2011
@Beaf,
I respect your views and tenacity. I also agree on all the new found  political power the "South" has got after GEJ's victory. Also, with the voice of the minority heard for the first time in Nigeria's history, I commend the south.
But this question has been bothering me and I really do not know who to ask apart from you since we are from the same region. Not to sound as an ethnic bigot or anything but do you think GEJ would have gotten those votes from the[b] SW, SE and NC[/b] if they (those regions) did not do their political calculations well. I mean, they obviously knew that incumbent Presidents do not lose in Nigeria and Africa at large. With all the power and money at GEJ's disposal, those regions simply supported the likely winner, not out of LOVE or anything but based on political calculations.
Secondly, would the SE have supported him if his name was not an Igbo name?? I mean, if he did not have any connect with the Ndigbo, would they have supported him?? You know, the Azikwe and all saga. Do you think any of these regions (the SE, SW and NC) actually love the SS that much

I simply want the best for my region and think about what is best for my region irrespective of the euphoria going on on NL. If you noticed, I have moved from a pro-Itsekiri to a Pro-SS and/Southern Nigeria but I also have to think.
Your answer will be kindly appreciated.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Beaf: 1:01am On Apr 20, 2011
^
Dude, its not about love. Its about shared interests and shared goals. The name "Azikiwe" was irrelevant in the Plateau state vote for instance.
You can be pro-SS at a national level, but pro-Itsekiri at local level. That way, there's all to gain.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by jason123: 1:02am On Apr 20, 2011
Beaf:

^
Dude, its not about love. Its about shared interests and shared goals. The name "Azikiwe" was irrelevant in the Plateau state vote for instance.
Okay, thanks!
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by MaziUche0(m): 1:07am On Apr 20, 2011
Beaf I like your continued vigor!

Continue speaking the truth, and I will continue listening! smiley
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Beaf: 1:10am On Apr 20, 2011
MaziUche0:

Thanks dude. cheesy
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Musiwa13: 1:17am On Apr 20, 2011
this is the correct map

Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by bkbabe97y(m): 1:35am On Apr 20, 2011
MaziUche0:

gay!
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Kilode1: 2:14am On Apr 20, 2011
Beaf:

To put it mildly, the SS hates Tinubu with a passion. GEJ cast aspersions on the SW political leadership, but Tinubu's response was unadulterated ethnic bigotry and kept going at it for weeks. I am not making enemies, the enmity has already been thrown at us; to make it worse, highly offensive phrases like "drunken fishermen" became a sort of ACN anthem. Dude, the die is cast.

I repeat again, calm down, politics is all about interest, except you are Goodluck Ebele Jonathan himself, we can't be sure how offended anyone is. Tinubu and all South Westerners can claim offense too. I'm sure some are still offended. Bro the history of Nigeria is longer than the last few weeks of passionate campaigning and mudslinging.

Seeing Tinubu as some sort of political hero is walking into Satans embrace with both eyes wide open. Especially in this new season when our politics is being vacuumed, hosed down and polished.

Take am easy, this is Nigeria, there are many Alibabas here and many thieves too. Every region has them in abundance, it's funny how Tinubu can now be more devilish than the people who are depositing federal money into their pockets right from CBN.  Nobody is calling Tinubu a messiah, it does not mean he can't be appreciated for his struggles. As Tuface said; Nobody holy pass.

I can promise you that you will see several governors equalling or surpassing Fashola in these new times. When that happens, what would become of SW politics?  Fashola is the only attraction to ACN within and outside the SW. Without him, there wouldn't be much to point at, but there would still be the bogeyman demanding N2billion per month and fixing his girlfriends, kids and family friends in all SW positions.

A lot of Nigerian states can't wait to see Fasholas springing up everywhere, we are all about 50 Years behind schedule in Nigeria, Fashola as well as he has done, is still nothing to beat my chest over really, that will just be inferiority complex on my part if i'm bragging about Fashola cos he's a SW Gov.

Before Fashola there were Jakandes, Bola Ige's, Ajasins and even their Cousin the great Ambrose Alli and of course Papa Awolowo himself. I'm not boasting but, I believe it's a leadership tradition that will get better as soon as Nigeria gets restructured. I'm not worried about the SW in a fair and well structured Nigeria or Nigerian confederacy.

It is in Tinubu's interest to keep SW politics insular, so he can play the "we and them" games that keep Lagos states land and money flowing in his pockets, with the populace to occupied fighting the mythical "them" that they become blind and unquestioning to the rap'e occurring under their noses.

Tinubu has done well for himself politically I agree, but it is easy to forget how he struggled against OBJ and the PDP as a lone ranger Governor, fought to generate home grown revenue, start BRT, embraced and courted the Business elites of the Lagos Central Business District so he can raise needed funds when PDP starved Lagos of funds because he refused to align with them.

I detest the corruption and I will not absolve him or anyone, but let's get some perspective too. Even the Fashola we are extolling today was a "neophyte" and totally unknown politician/technocrat when Tinubu chose him as his successor. I hate to defend Nigerian politicians but Tinubu deserves some credit. Make we take am easy.

The SW is on a wild train ride to nowhere except Tinubu is replaced with a thinker like Fashola. Is that not the same region that produced the Ajasin's, Babatope's, Jakande's, Herbert Mcaulay's etc? What are you doing with Tinubu? Even tiny Delta state ejected the much more powerful Ibori.

I don't know your prophetic credentials but you are assuming a lot about where the SW will go and the future political value of today's SW politicians, it's that season, I know, i'll leave it at that while I'm wondering about the political value of Babatope today after his alliance with the come-chop PDP crowd. Hmm

Take a look at the new political map of Nigeria, the SW should be taking its seat in the new political block that consists of Middle Belt, SE and SS. Its a powerful grouping that will only get more nourished and infinitely more powerful.

So the SW should go back to PDP just because GEJ won an election to the same Office OBJ and his military-politician friends still have control over?  you funny sha. Anyway, like I said it's early season, the bragging rights are allowed, victory just arrived, let's leave the future to time and events.

BTW, Jonathan knows where to look if he wants progressive support and alliance, some folks were fighting for the principles that might set GEJ's name in gold if implemented. They fought and died during Military rule, they fought Abacha, they've been fighting since we got this new democratic dispensation in 1999, probably since the democracy of the 50's. If Jonathan wants sincere alliances, I'm sure he will get it from them.

Let's not get stuck on Tinubu or the victory of the moment. Jonathan needs to seize the moment. I hope he has good advisers.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by gadogado(m): 2:23am On Apr 20, 2011
There is no born to rule mentality, thats just what you southerners cooked up to rally yourselves against northern political forces. Lame! the riots happened because the election was rigged, goodluck did not get and could not get 40% of sokoto votes as the results showed!

Dont rig elections and there will be no violence! under ordinary circumstances, with no cheating, the election would go into a run off!!! not gej winning by over 10 million votes!! big lie!! rigging!!! you know it, the whole country knows the elections were rigged, northerners, if you heard what they were chanting, were aggrieved by the margin of loss not necessarily because gej "won" All the PDP knows is rigging! they're criminals and have no true legitimacy! if you recall in 1993, Kano people voted en mass for a southerner (MKO ABIOLA) over a son of the soil (Bashir Tofa)

in 1999, there was an agreement, saying power will rotate between north and south, it went to the north for 8 years and reciprocity and adherence to the agreement was naturally expected. It came back to the north, pres died in no time, then it was ok for the vp to continue, but naturally, the agreement should have stayed and gej step down for a northerner in 2011. But southerners said theres no agreement, which agreement, so this is now wayo!!! good and fine, lets have an honest election then, but no, they had to rig!

Most northerners want the country split in two, there's unity in the north and understanding! the only thing keeping southerners united in your hate for the north, if we break up, you'll swallow each other!! The northern elite who have hoarded all the money along with the southern elite are the only people "NIGERIA" is serving so they'll fight to keep the status quo, what average northerner smells oil money? pls tell me! when they're hungry so oil means jack, they couldn't be bothered since a split doesn't mean they lose anything, the only people that will lose are the less than 1000 individuals that make up the core of the northern elite, they all know each other and inter marry!!! get it straight people! I'm a northerner and I'd rather see the country broken up since it doesn't look like we can coexist as a united nation! many countries that have no oil are doing better than Nigeria anyway so oil is not a requisite for livelihood or even prosperity i dare to say, the north was doing fine pre oil before being inflicted with the dastardly dutch disease by the south!!

You can't keep to agreements and the cheat in elections!! so we might as well split! The condition being, for the sake of the history and the many positive effects we've had on each other (it hasn't all been negative hate) you allow us a port through dredging the Niger river and we'll be out of your skin in no time!! There's oil on the Nigerian side of lake Chad anyway since it exists on the Chadian side and the soil and geology is the same, it therefore must exist on the Nigerian side! politics won't let us be serious about exploration!!! But I'd love to split the country!!

1 Like

Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Beaf: 2:24am On Apr 20, 2011
So the SW should go back to PDP just because GEJ won an election to the same Office OBJ and his military-politician friends still have control over?  you funny sha. Anyway, like I said it's early season, the bragging rights are allowed, victory just arrived, let's leave the future to time and events.

BTW, Jonathan knows where to look if he wants progressive support and alliance, some folks were fighting for the principles that might set GEJ's name in gold if implemented. They fought and died during Military rule, they fought Abacha, they've been fighting since we got this new democratic dispensation in 1999, probably since the democracy of the 50's. If Jonathan wants sincere alliances, I'm sure he will get it from them.

Let's not get stuck on Tinubu or the victory of the moment. Jonathan needs to seize the moment. I hope he has good advisers.

You have answered what I posted from a purely emotional point of view and "seen" so many things I never said, the bolded is the biggest case in point. I didn't feel like addressing the rest, because I'm being taken totally out of context. Please re-read what I wrote again, cos there is a lot in it and it surely isn't about PDP.

You say politics is a selfish game? I say its a game of consensus, bridge building and mutual interest. Maybe we should let the argument rest.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Beaf: 2:31am On Apr 20, 2011
gadogado: There is no born to rule mentality, thats just what you southerners cooked up to rally yourselves against northern political forces. Lame! the riots happened because the election was rigged, goodluck did not get and could not get 40% of sokoto votes as the results showed!

Dont rig elections and there will be no violence! under ordinary circumstances, with no cheating, the election would go into a run off!!! not gej winning by over 10 million votes!! big lie!! rigging!!! you know it, the whole country knows the elections were rigged, northerners, if you heard what they were chanting, were aggrieved by the margin of loss not necessarily because gej "won" All the PDP knows is rigging! they're criminals and have no true legitimacy! if you recall in 1993, Kano people voted en mass for a southerner (MKO ABIOLA) over a son of the soil (Bashir Tofa)

in 1999, there was an agreement, saying power will rotate between north and south, it went to the north for 8 years and reciprocity and adherence to the agreement was naturally expected. It came back to the north, pres died in no time, then it was ok for the vp to continue, but naturally, the agreement should have stayed and gej step down for a northerner in 2011. But southerners said theres no agreement, which agreement, so this is now wayo!!! good and fine, lets have an honest election then, but no, they had to rig!

Most northerners want the country split in two, there's unity in the north and understanding! the only thing keeping southerners united in your hate for the north, if we break up, you'll swallow each other!! The northern elite who have hoarded all the money along with the southern elite are the only people "NIGERIA" is serving so they'll fight to keep the status quo, what average northerner smells oil money? pls tell me! when they're hungry so oil means jack, they couldn't be bothered since a split doesn't mean they lose anything, the only people that will lose are the less than 1000 individuals that make up the core of the northern elite, they all know each other and inter marry!!! get it straight people! I'm a northerner and I'd rather see the country broken up since it doesn't look like we can coexist as a united nation! many countries that have no oil are doing better than Nigeria anyway so oil is not a requisite for livelihood or even prosperity i dare to say, the north was doing fine pre oil before being inflicted with the dastardly dutch disease by the south!!

You can't keep to agreements and the cheat in elections!! so we might as well split! The condition being, for the sake of the history and the many positive effects we've had on each other (it hasn't all been negative hate) you allow us a port through dredging the Niger river and we'll be out of your skin in no time!! There's oil on the Nigerian side of lake Chad anyway since it exists on the Chadian side and the soil and geology is the same, it therefore must exist on the Nigerian side! politics won't let us be serious about exploration!!! But I'd love to split the country!!

Everything from Southern Kaduna downwards we will take. So, do yourself a favour and forget about a port on the Niger.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by smooooooth: 2:32am On Apr 20, 2011
the north will be denied the presidential villa in 2015 again, cos they can never win in a free and fair election. i perceive the north/south split to happen then.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by jason123: 2:45am On Apr 20, 2011
Beaf:

Everything from Southern Kaduna downwards we will take. So, do yourself a favour and forget about a port on the Niger.
This is where I support Gadogado. If there is any eventual split, then, the south should at least give them access to use one of our ports free of charge! Remember, before Oil, the country was practically surviving on Cocoa (west), Oil palm(East), Rubber(MW) and Ground nut (North). They have tried and they deserve that at least. Btw, why did the south jettison a Party agreement?? It is not right and fair. Are we southerners not guilty of the double talking that we accuse other groups of?? Is it not hypocritical for us, southerners, to jettison an agreement after we were practically handed power?
My question for 2015 is,"what happens next"?? Hmmmm. . .
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by bkbabe97y(m): 3:14am On Apr 20, 2011
jason123:

Is it not hypocritical for us, southerners, to jettison an agreement after we were practically handed power?

"Southerners" or "PDP"??! Like dude, what the fuxck is always wrong with you?
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Kilode1: 3:27am On Apr 20, 2011
Beaf:

You have answered what I posted from a purely emotional point of view and "seen" so many things I never said, the bolded is the biggest case in point. I didn't feel like addressing the rest, because I'm being taken totally out of context. Please re-read what I wrote again, cos there is a lot in it and it surely isn't about PDP.

You say politics is a selfish game? I say its a game of consensus, bridge building and mutual interest. Maybe we should let the argument rest.

No emotional view there bro, it might seem that way, BTW, I said politics is all about interest, not necessarily selfish-interest or selfish game. Certainly, consensus is key, having mutual interest is vital too.  Anyway, I agree we should let it rest.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Nadanbata: 3:37am On Apr 20, 2011
Beaf:

LMAO who is we? If anything Southern Nigeria would Balkanize far worse than anything in the North let me tell you.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Beaf: 3:47am On Apr 20, 2011
Nadanbata: LMAO who is we? If anything Southern Nigeria would Balkanize far worse than anything in the North let me tell you.

I guess you think that the only sort of glue that can hold a nation together is the farce that is currently applied?
You are wrong, anything that comes out of a split would have to be equitable, not based on a lazy top-down revenue sharing formula that breeds a scramble for the centre, corruption, laziness and backwardness.

I guess you are a Northerner from your id. Don't make assumptions. . . And welcome to NL.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Kilode1: 3:48am On Apr 20, 2011
@Gadogado, great post!

I'm not sure how the access to Port thing will work though, except we agree to a confederacy of loosely independent states, where   We share maybe just military-defense responsibilities and a common currency, it will be difficult to grant access to port for another sovereign nation to run across the country when you have no other common institutions.

But it's great to read your post, I'll read it again later. I agree with almost everything except that access to port through the Niger part.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Kilode1: 3:53am On Apr 20, 2011
Beaf:

anything that comes out of a split would have to be equitable, not based on a lazy top-down revenue sharing formula that breeds a scramble for the centre, corruption, laziness and backwardness.

Well said. That is the spirit.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Katsumoto: 3:57am On Apr 20, 2011
jason123:

This is where I support Gadogado. If there is any eventual split, then, t[b]he south should at least give them access to use one of our ports free of charge![/b] Remember, before Oil, the country was practically surviving on Cocoa (west), Oil palm(East), Rubber(MW) and Ground nut (North). They have tried and they deserve that at least. Btw, why did the [b]south jettison a Party agreement?? [/b]It is not right and fair. Are we southerners not guilty of the double talking that we accuse other groups of?? Is it not hypocritical for us, southerners, to jettison an agreement after we were practically handed power?
My question for 2015 is,"what happens next"?? Hmmmm. . .

1. How do you give access to a foreign country to traverse your land to use your port? Very impractical
2. If every region contributed to Nigerian reserves before the discovery of crude oil, why should one region get special recognition for that? Also, Northern politicians and soldiers have taken more out of the ND than the North contributed to Nigeria pre-crude oil. Let the Northerners request accounts from those who represented them.
3. PDP ( a political party) had a zoning arrangement; it is not binding on other citizens who are not card carrying members of PDP

2015 will be interesting to say the least; may the Almighty keep us all alive to witness unfolding events.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Nadanbata: 4:01am On Apr 20, 2011
Beaf:

I guess you think that the only sort of glue that can hold a nation together is the farce that is currently applied?
You are wrong, anything that comes out of a split would have to be equitable, not based on a lazy top-down revenue sharing formula that breeds a scramble for the centre, corruption, laziness and backwardness.

I guess you are a Northerner from your id. Don't make assumptions. . . And welcome to NL.

The same Problem you have with Naija as it is, is the same problem Southerners will take with them should there be a NORTH/SOUTH divide. Northerners will not have no unity problem or problem with allocation of the OIL which the elites that rule Naija SOLEY share. Its not the ABOKI/MALLAM who holds Naija back it is corruption via PDP. People that wear tinted ethnic glasses make me LOL.

Them 'almajaris' are a product of Naijas faliure, its not no 419 via Islam, distancing yourself and saying its the Hausa thats Naijas problem is funny for dey suffer just like the brothers in the SS/SE. You hear any Hausawa in FCT rioting? No ca dey no suffer like the rest.
Re: The Real Map Of Nigeria -the Ultimate Truth by Beaf: 4:20am On Apr 20, 2011
Nadanbata:

The same Problem you have with Naija as it is, is the same problem Southerners will take with them should there be a NORTH/SOUTH divide. Northerners will not have no unity problem or problem with allocation of the OIL which the elites that rule Naija SOLEY share. Its not the ABOKI/MALLAM who holds Naija back it is corruption via PDP. People that wear tinted ethnic glasses make me LOL.

Them 'almajaris' are a product of Naijas faliure, its not no 419 via Islam, distancing yourself and saying its the Hausa thats Naijas problem is funny for dey suffer just like the brothers in the SS/SE. You hear any Hausawa in FCT rioting? No ca dey no suffer like the rest.

We will never carry the problem of Nigeria to any new country. Instead of practising this nonsense where everybody collects money from Abuja, it would be the local govts paying taxes to the states and the states paying taxes to the FG in turn. Thats the only way to run a country that is serious about developing, its also the only way to kill both corruption and ethnic bigotry. With such a system there would never be the sort of foolish rioting and church burning going on now, because the FG would no longer be so powerful and rich, all the money would be at local govt and state levels (and it wouldn't be that much as well).

The South has been clamouring for a sovereign national conference to discuss such issues, but the Northern elite have always blocked it and gone instead for the current system that causes corruption, bloodshed and enslavement of other parts of the country. No doubt the poor Hausa's and Fulani's suffer even more than most Southerners, but that is the fault of the Northern elite.

What I find most ironic is that GEJ has already promised that the FG will train the very almajiri's that are killing Southerners. But these almajiri's prefer to kill on the orders of the very Northern elite that deprived them off education and made them poor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan / INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election / Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.