Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,008 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion (47249 Views)

Cody Rhodes Defeats Roman Reigns, Wins WWE Universal Title At Wrestlemania 40 (V / Appollo Crews Wins US Championship After Defeating Andra / Coach Slaps Franchon Crews Dezurn, Removed Her Wig To Motivate Her During Fight (2) (3) (4)

Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by CSTRR: 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2021
That is my mum's best sport.

It gives her Joy.
So I don't want to tell her it's scripted.
Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by nkiliuzo(m): 8:41pm On Apr 13, 2021
if this was ufc I for dey happy but na wwe, na winning no make sense to me jare especially when you know its scripted
Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by charlesucheh(m): 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2021
manikspears:

Two questions

1. did you watch game of thrones?

Answer that then i will ask you the second question.
We are talking sports here. Not Movie series.
Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by PARADIZEPRIEST: 9:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
Mynd44:
Entertainment outfits now see Nigeria's population so everyone wants a bite of Nigeria's cake.

FYI, WWE is planned and not real so his winning was planned hence they know what they are doing
WHO PLANNED WHAT? WHY NOT ENTER THE RING WITH THEM TO CONFIRM YOUR DOUBTS,EWU!
Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 13, 2021
obicoolnino:
I still feel most match wins in wwe are scripted to entertain the viewers worldwide,but congrats to him and many more belts to his waist as we celebrate our very own.

All of them are scripted

Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by manikspears: 10:44pm On Apr 13, 2021
charlesucheh:
We are talking sports here. Not Movie series.

Simple yes or no!
Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by Dmanlex(m): 11:12pm On Apr 13, 2021
They got motivation from the angry nigeria suffering and bad leadership making things tough
lekki1444:
cheesy naija has taken over the worlld. anthony joshua, israel adesanya, kamoru usman, and now apollo

Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by Mcslize: 1:35am On Apr 14, 2021
lekki1444:
cheesy naija has taken over the worlld. anthony joshua, israel adesanya, kamoru usman, and now apollo

You forgot to add Efe Ajagba
Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by Mcslize: 1:45am On Apr 14, 2021
Please, can someone explain the simple magic behind wrestling? So much that all those hitting of face on iron, punching don't ever make their faces to swell up.

Pls what's the magic? And how do they do it?
Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by Mcslize: 1:50am On Apr 14, 2021
kevoh:
Just because WWE is scripted does not mean there is no level of pain. Those blows, kicks, getting slammed on the table, being whipped with a kendo stick or ladder, submission moves etc involve a considerate amount of pain, just enough but not enough to cause any serious damage. The wrestler must also know how to sell (act) the pain. No amount of scripting can change the pain being received. If you feel otherwise, come let me flog you with a kendo stick, just 10 strokes, hit your back lightly with a steel chair or throw you off the top of a steel cage. grin grin grin Let's see if you will still have mouth after that! tongue

That's why wrestlers like Ryback don't last because they are too dangerous for other wrestlers to work with. They most times inflict serious pain during their match.

And for those of you forming woke shouting scripted yen yen yen, it's 2021! Every one knows already! The 'E' in WWE is for entertainment not boredom!

But how come all those punches don't make their faces swell up? Normally, if someone punches another, the mouth will bleed and the face will swell up. How come wrestler face don't swell up?
Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by charlesucheh(m): 2:43am On Apr 14, 2021
manikspears:

Simple yes or no!
NO
Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by JaceBlaze: 2:44am On Apr 14, 2021
layzie:

Apollo crews that speaks American English all of a sudden started speaking with Nigerian accent just for the hype of the 'nigerian drum fight' match.
All scripted

Kofi Kingston used to speak with a Jamaican accent too when he debuted but just out of nowhere they started announcing him as a Ghanaian.

Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by JaceBlaze: 2:49am On Apr 14, 2021
Govocrete:
Seeing the headline shows they have plan to cashout with the over 200 million Nigeria population. I will not be surprise they next script is to host a match in Nigeria.

If my urhobo ancestor mirror is working well, I can see them introducing a Nigerian soon. After all UFC and MMA is cashing out with Kamaru Usman and Israel Adesonya.

Up 9ja in sports, let work on our politic and good things will always come home to pir beloved 9ja.

Just imagine the electricity blackouts during matches grin
Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by The5DME(m): 4:22am On Apr 14, 2021
Mcslize:
Please, can someone explain the simple magic behind wrestling? So much that all those hitting of face on iron, punching don't ever make their faces to swell up.

Pls what's the magic? And how do they do it?
if you look well, they don't punch with the their knuckles. They punch with the side of their hands.
Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by lekki1444: 6:10am On Apr 14, 2021
Mcslize:

You forgot to add Efe Ajagba
Efe is not on top yet
Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by manikspears: 6:27am On Apr 14, 2021
charlesucheh:
NO

Now that is a lie
Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by aristocratic5(m): 7:03am On Apr 14, 2021
Thank God
Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by Govocrete: 9:46am On Apr 14, 2021
Classickj:
Nigeria can't host wwe match .. Nigeria no be country

Nigeria is a country with enormous blessings. What is lacking are leaders that can steer us to a better Nigeria.
Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by Govocrete: 9:52am On Apr 14, 2021
JaceBlaze:

Just imagine the electricity blackouts during matches grin

There will not be a blackout. Arrangement for heavy duty generators will be in place. 9ja generator dealers will cash in the opportunity to advertise their product so be rest assure that container truck generators will be at the venue.
Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by BBright1: 1:11pm On Apr 14, 2021
paulolee:
we all know this stuffs are fixed,...they just need more of our fans to start following them but we don wise na..
congrats to the gee but we av stopped following the joke called wwe a long timw ago..
it was more serious back den in the early ages of undertaker, shawn Micheals, stone cold steve austin, hulk hugan, big show, bookee t, dudley boys, tripple H, edge, rod van dam, great khali, warrior etc..
that them na just 2 seconds DM go take beat this Apollo gee bcox dey were more serious unlike now wey dt short rey mysterio de get mind to fight Baptista..
W.E.E was more interesting and serious dt time dt we do argue if its real or pre determined and i remember I even fight Olu dt year after e say wrestling na acting...I bin Mumu o...these guys really scam us for long..
Atleast the falling from a ladder is real and some other stunts.
Xo it's 50%
Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by Raskass: 10:58pm On Apr 16, 2021
Excuses:

Must you talk.? wrestling is acting not fake..! it's not about the fakeness or acting scripts whatever. it's about celebrating the young man's success...same way others are celebrating you and will continue to celebrate you!

A kid quoting me lol when did you start watching wrestling 90s right

#peace!
Re: This Is For Nigeria – Apollo Crews As He Wins WWE Intercontinental Champion by 3RNEST(m): 6:28am On May 21, 2021
Oteleye:
But he cheated
Come WhatsApp

The Moment Tyson Fury Knocked Down Wilder In The Final Round (Video) / Fans Scramble For Selfies With Ousmane Dembele At AFCON 2019 / Mikel Obi's Letter To His Chelsea Family As He Joins Chinese Club