Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,949 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? (46270 Views)

How Can I Answer These Job Interview Questions / How Best Do I Answer These Interview Questions / How Would You Answer This Interview Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Mypeople2(m): 10:44pm On Apr 14, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see so many Nairalanders unable to answer the questions yet they will claim that there are no jobs. This I have seen.
If someone answers the question will he get a job or it is all for a show ?How long will one keep on answering questions yet no job .Someone will just be fooling himself and answering questions without being paid.Dangote dey answer questions ?
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Kokaine(m): 10:51pm On Apr 14, 2021
PAWG:

you’re female right?
no why?
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by kenny714433(m): 11:33pm On Apr 14, 2021
Question 4

Since all boxes are labeled incorrectly, assuming;
Box A = Apple
Box B = Orange
Box C = Apple And Orange.

I picked Orange from box A, that means box A and C will contain Orange.

Box B and will contain Apple and orange

Box C will contain Apple only.
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by primeache: 11:36pm On Apr 14, 2021
Qs one every second a child I s born so 60 every minute, 360 every hour and 86400 every day
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Skibofire(m): 11:48pm On Apr 14, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I'm convinced, with the responses seen here, there are jobs truly but intelligent applicants are few grin

The answer to the first question is simple

The question read, how many children are born everyday and not what's the number of children born everyday? Time zones are different globally so, it would be difficult to ascertain how many. Our 24-hour reading is different from that of America , Asia as we aren't on same time zone etc.

The answer is...many children are born daily.

The second question is the simplest and I leave it open for the intelligent fellas here to answer it. Ciao
ciao Family?
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by PAWG(m): 3:45am On Apr 15, 2021
Kokaine:
no
why?

The way you laid out your ideas, quite organized and meticulous, traits predominant in females.

Na compliment sha #nohomo
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Kokaine(m): 5:44am On Apr 15, 2021
PAWG:

The way you laid out your ideas, quite organized and meticulous, traits predominant in females.

Na compliment sha #nohomo

lool.
not all ladies are organised oh.
I just ate match stick inside the indomie cooked by a lady. and I am still wondering how its possible for something as big as match stick to enter only one pack of indomie and the cooker didn't see it.

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by eddyko(m): 7:31am On Apr 15, 2021
Answer 1
Aim of this is to answer incorrectly, Such a reputable firm definitely knows how to put questions right if they want to... For the fact that location(eg world, europe, Africa, Abuja) is not included makes this question is incorrect hence No correct answer can be given.

Answer 2
Question asked for floor, not height. A floor must contain atleast one block so, egg can break from all floors.

Answer 3
The question didnt ask to split the same number of heads facing up.. It simply said divide with the same number of heads in each pile, as we know all coins have heads and tails, so if you divide it equally you will definitely have the same number of heads in each pile

Answer 4
All boxes are labelled incorrectly, so you choose the one labelled "mixed" to pick from.. with this you are sure this box doesnt have mixed fruit.

If you pick an apple from the one labelled "mixed", jus change the label on th one labelled orange to "mixed" because this box can not contain apple nor orange, since you have apple already and it is also incorrectly labelled.
Then change the one labelled apple to orange since you already have an apple box.

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by NiRfreak(m): 7:31am On Apr 15, 2021
Na olodo Just full the this Nairaland forming intelligence. I've not seen one intelligent response so far

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Udapod(m): 7:48am On Apr 15, 2021
1. Children are not born but rather babies.
2. Zero meters high cos an egg can break even at a height of 1cm above the ground.
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Princewill1(m): 8:18am On Apr 15, 2021
Let me answer my own Sha..

1. The answer is "where", in the USA, in Europe, in Nigeria, in the World? The stat differs. The question never mentioned where to be considered and it's deliberate.

2. Get many pieces of tiny glass, same weight with the egg, then start from the floor and measure upwards inch by inch. At any numbers of inch the tiny glass breaks, then the inch below the inch point of break is the answer. That's the height of the floor at which the eggs will be drop with no breakage.

3. If you can't recognize the head,how can you make a pile of heads? I give up on this question,i must confess. If this question has an answer then its metaphysical. Any genius that answers this question should quote me abeg. I would like to know the correct answer to this question.

4. "Picking one fruit without looking at the box is made up to confuse you because you can actually pick out one fruit from the mixed box without knowing that the box is mixed"
The answer is a simple one just weigh the three boxes. The heaviest is orange, the box least in weight is apple and the last box is mixed with oranges and apples. Label them respectively.
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Themandalorian: 8:33am On Apr 15, 2021
NigAmbassador:

Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. - Clown to DA in the Dark Knight.
I love that quote.

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by usah4(m): 9:35am On Apr 15, 2021
membranus:

Ol'boy, wetin be dis?

your answer sef, Apple computer no go fit understand am. Im go dey just scratch im head.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Reasonwithme2(m): 9:51am On Apr 15, 2021
SmartyPants:

1 is easy. Take Population growth X over N number

Eriokanmi:
I'm convinced, with the responses seen here, there are jobs truly but intelligent applicants are few grin

usah4:
Let Say

cutiedave:
There are no correct answers to these questions...

dessycute:

I actually love challenging questions and puzzles. Kindly do well to drop the correct answers after our trials...
Psoul:

So who can answer any?

1. How many children are born every day?
And: Babies are born daily, children there is a wrong use of context

2. If you have 2 eggs, and you want to figure out what’s the highest floor from which you can drop the egg without breaking it, how would you do it? What’s the optimal solution?

Ans: no matter the height, an egg doesn't break when dropped on the floor, the floor in the context means ground and dropped means to keep gently

3.You have 100 coins laying flat on a table, each with a head side and a tail side. 10 of them are heads up, 90 are tails up. You can’t feel, see or in any other way find out which side is up. Split the coins into two piles such that there are the same number of heads in each pile.”

Ans: it's a 50 50 probability meaning that you'd have 5 heads and 45 tail each

4. There are three boxes, one contains only apples, one contains only oranges, and one contains both apples and oranges. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening just one box, and without looking in the box, you take out one piece of fruit. By looking at the fruit, how can you immediately label all of the boxes correctly?

Ans: the key here is taking out an apple in an apple and orange box labelled oranges. You'd correctly label the apple and orange box and then you switch the rest.

I just answered them. After about 45 minutes of reasoning, but if this was an interview, I won't have such time...
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Millimann: 10:15am On Apr 15, 2021
DirtyGold:

There'll be equal number of heads and tails in each regardless of how you select them as long as you have divided the 100 coins into 50 in each pile

Bro, this is not true at all.
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by chijokz(m): 11:49am On Apr 15, 2021
DirtyGold:

How many babies?

Highest floor of what? Not dropping them at all cool

There'll be equal number of heads and tails in each regardless of how you select them as long as you have divided the 100 coins into 50 in each pile

If you pick out an Apple in one box, label the other two with oranges. You'd be half correct on one box
But if you have time, pick the the fruit out, weigh it and multiple by the number that should be in each box to get a proximate match to be sure of the selected fruit and compare with the weight of the other boxes noting that one box will have a differing number (the mixed box).

Atleast, I've attempted answering while y'all are speaking grammer cool

What's tha business?
Spot on my brother.

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by ImaIma1(f): 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see so many Nairalanders unable to answer the questions yet they will claim that there are no jobs. This I have seen.

Which you are clearly part of. I don't see you answering the questions yourself.
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by SmartyPants(m): 6:02pm On Apr 15, 2021
Reasonwithme2:

And: Babies are born daily, children there is a wrong use of context

2. If you have 2 eggs, and you want to figure out what’s the highest floor from which you can drop the egg without breaking it, how would you do it? What’s the optimal solution?

Ans: no matter the height an egg doesn't break when dropped on the floor, the floor in the context means ground.

3.You have 100 coins laying flat on a table, each with a head side and a tail side. 10 of them are heads up, 90 are tails up. You can’t feel, see or in any other way find out which side is up. Split the coins into two piles such that there are the same number of heads in each pile.”

Ans: it's a 50 50 probability meaning that you'd have 5 heads and 45 tail each

4. There are three boxes, one contains only apples, one contains only oranges, and one contains both apples and oranges. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening just one box, and without looking in the box, you take out one piece of fruit. By looking at the fruit, how can you immediately label all of the boxes correctly?

Ans: the key here is taking out an apple in an apple and orange box labelled oranges. You'd correctly label the apple and orange box and then you switch the rest.

I just answered them. After about 45 minutes of reasoning, but if this was an interview, I won't have such time...

Why did you quote one sentence of my post?

Your approach to questions 1 and 2 are wrong.

Babies are children. The use of either term is perfectly conveys the same meaning in either case.

What do you mean an egg dropped on the floor won't break??

Btw I've taken a course in answering these kinds of questions so believe me you are far from it with questions one and two.

What they want to see is your ability to guesstimate accurately. These are not trick questions that rely on grammatical sophistry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by BluntCrazeMan: 6:45am On Apr 19, 2021
Psoul:
I saw this Interview Questions on Glassdoor and I just felt it might be very useful to some of us given that most companies especially in Nigeria like copying these big tech guys. We all know that Apple is one of the biggest Tech companies in the World and to get a job there wouldn’t be so easy.

Glassdoor decided to make this easy by providing some questions Apple Inc uses to select their employees – I would be revealing 3 questions here that I feel are more brain tasking and require more brain knowledge. Is your brain equipped to answer these Apple’s Job Interview Questions? If Yes? Let’s do this smiley

So who can answer any?

My Own Attempt At The Answers..

1. Zero. (Babies are born, not Children)

2. On the Ground is the only known and the highest floor whatsoever. (I mean, highest floor of what exactly??)

3. I would divide the coins into 50-50. Each pile contains 50 heads and 50 tails. (The question didn't specify that the heads in each of the piles must be up)

4. *....gimme some minutes to think...*
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Najdorf: 10:08am On Apr 19, 2021
SmartyPants:

Why did you quote one sentence of my post?

Your approach to questions 1 and 2 are wrong.

Babies are children. The use of either term is perfectly conveys the same meaning in either case.

What do you mean an egg dropped on the floor won't break??

Btw I've taken a course in answering these kinds of questions so believe me you are far from it with questions one and two.

What they want to see is your ability to guesstimate accurately. These are not trick questions that rely on grammatical sophistry.
Thank you oh

All these people saying "children aren't born" or "two children are born, boys and girls", I've just bee laughing since
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by ezlubo: 11:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
I attempted to post my answers the day I saw this thread on the front page but for whatever reason I was blocked from posting in that section.
Anyways, my answers:
1. One could search the internet for a reasonable estimate by relevant organizations that track such data.
2. Here, dropping an egg starting from the first floor and then going to the next higher floors, one after the other, till the egg breaks, will definitely give the highest floor to drop the egg without breaking it as the floor immediately beneath the floor from where it breaks.
However, since there are 2 eggs available, the optimal method will be to traverse the floors, starting with the first, in steps of two I.e 1st, 3rd, 5th etc floors. If an egg breaks when dropped from a particular floor, we can then test using the second egg whether it could have equally broken or not if dropped from the floor immediately beneath it. That will give us an indication of the highest floor to drop the egg without breaking it.
(Obviously no particular kind of egg is assumed in the question)
3. Simply split the pile of coins 50-50 since each coin has both a head and tail and the question was silent on which side should be up.
4.There are two possible configurations here - of box content and labelling. Whichever the case, simply select the box with label indicating mixture, since it will only contain one kind of fruit, and pick from it. Lets say an apple was picked meaning the box is an apples-only box. Since the other boxes are also wrongly labeled, then the one labeled oranges has to be mixed because it can't contain oranges (only) and the apples-only box has already been discovered. The last box wrongly labeled apples will have to be the oranges-only box.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NIRSAL National Microfinance Bank Recruitment (NNMFB) / Who Else Got This Message From Idisco? / Qi Group Of Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.