Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,314 members, 7,811,934 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up (9993 Views)

Okorocha: 'Igbos Will Lose More If Nigeria Breaks Up' / Falana Predicts What Will Happen In Atiku’s Court Case Against Buhari / 2019: Gbenga Daniel Predicts What Will Happen In Nigeria If Atiku Defeats Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by ken6488(m): 8:18pm On Apr 14, 2021
Akudaisi:
abeg Azumini river is 25 Nautical miles to Atlantic ocean,Sea laws gives Igbos direct access to the sea,they are similar Rivers in Igbo land that can be dredge to give us many access to the sea
Where exactly do you have access to the ocean

1 Like

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by SlayerForever: 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2021
The poster is daft. Anybody who thinks the economic prosperity of a nation is hinged on sea access is daft.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2021
Adelaide2:

We know that. But it has come to stay. It will take war to reverse it.
Just the way it will take war for Biafra to have any part of Delta or Rivers. So Biafra will be only made up of the 5 south eastern states.
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by horsepower102: 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2021
ken6488:
We have other resources other than oil

Japan doesn't have oil they still survived

This is not a question of survival but rather building a thriving economy. I never said Niger delta republic wont survive. What I was saying to that gentleman was that hoping on oil revenue for the new republic will be a total disaster going by current global trends.

4 Likes

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by ken6488(m): 8:28pm On Apr 14, 2021
Akudaisi:
when the dredging starts they can stop us if they are able
That means you guys want to go to war

3 Likes

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by ken6488(m): 8:31pm On Apr 14, 2021
awgumayor:
A rare question from a yorubaman. This is a question those fish brains will never answer even in a million year.
What happened when biafra tried to secede?
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by OKOATA(m): 8:31pm On Apr 14, 2021
awgumayor:
A rare question from a yorubaman. This is a question those fish brains will never answer even in a million year.
Bro I just weak make I know lie, I can bet if the oil the northerners have been exploiting and with their large oil blocks here and there have been muchly situated in the south west we would have broken up a long time ago but the saboteurs amongst the Yorubas don't want that because it will expose alot of evil people.

1 Like

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by ken6488(m): 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2021
horsepower102:

This is not a question of survival but rather building a thriving economy. I never said Niger delta republic wont survive. What I was saying to that gentleman was that hoping on oil revenue for the new republic will be a total disaster going by current global trends.
That you people cup of tea once oil go down new sectors will grow

1 Like

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by cjrane: 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2021
What shocks me is that those who beg for unity of Nigeria are the same people totally opposed to a just and equitable Nigeria.

They only want unity where one part of Nigeria will be slaves and they will be the master! I can't believe some people! Even white colonialists didn't have such guts!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Christistruth00: 8:36pm On Apr 14, 2021
duro4chang:
I am from kwara south. We will join our kith and kin in the south west. Kwara north may join arewa but later they will regret it because they will experience neglect.

Thank you . I was just going to explain to him that even Jebba Area is not under Ilorin Emirate not to talk of Kwara South

The Emir of Ilorin has already been defeated by the Ilorin Yorubas themselves led by Balogun Yoruba Alanamu of Ilorin in 1896 it is the British that reinstated the defeated Emir of Ilorin to Please the North.

The Emir of Ilorin was deposed again by Ilorin Yorubas in 1934 and had to seek refuge in Kaduna till the British reinstated the Ilorin Emirate for the second time in 40 years.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by SlayerForever: 8:38pm On Apr 14, 2021
Bkayyy:

Hope you know that Venezuela with less confusion and inter ethnic crisis than South South have the largest oil reserve in the world. Look at them now. Almost 60 year civil war, presidential crisis since two years ago, poorest in South America, a disgrace to Latin Countries and still not in control of themselves.
Look at Congo. Congo is supposed to be the richest in Africa based on resources but now Congo is a very big mining site.
Look at Mali. The gold capital of the world with gold mines but zero gold reserve, controlled by French.
My dear this is why I am strongly against inclusion of any part of South South in Biafra.
You can't have what half of the world wants and expect peace if you don't submit your future.
It is better to build from a homogeneous country with one ideology. This is what Ndigbo have over other groups in Nigeria. Ndigbo have one ideology.
Niger Delta might have a chance if they submit to US for protection sha

Where you dey since? Dey ban you?

2 Likes

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Ezmans: 8:40pm On Apr 14, 2021
Adelaide2:
As seen on Facebook

"Here is my prediction for the different components of Nigeria if it breaks up. Only four countries are likely to emerge.

1. The Yoruba will start off much easier than others. The Yoruba have some of the aces (relatively homogenous, access to sea, relatively organized socio-politico-economic system, educated human resources) to start surviving quickly.

2. The Igbo have all that the Yoruba have, except for unquestioned access to sea. But they will suffer seriously for the first couple of years, due to the obvious dislocation of their investments all over Nigeria. There will be chaos due to competition and lack of centralized leadership.. But they will bounce back and become very strong. They will catch up with the Yoruba at some point.

3. The South South will descend into seemingly unending inter ethnic chaos over language, culture, resource allocation, as well as the geographical dislocation (compare location of Cross River to Edo) of their new country.

4. The North will continue life almost as usual (religious problem and insecurity, and subjugation of minorities). They will get poorer over time. But many are already so poor that it really does not matter anymore. As long as the non Muslims don't give any problem, the North will not suffer more than it is doing now. They have the ample land for agriculture. They will adjust to survive.

Note that these are predictions, not prophesies. Good luck.����"
but he forgets that the only handwork in yoruba land is forkanizer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by SlayerForever: 8:40pm On Apr 14, 2021
[s]
Adelaide2:

No one has the sea? You obviously don't know your maritime laws. The owner of the land adjacent to the sea owns the sea up to several 10s if not 100s, of nautical miles outwards. That aside, the points where the rivers you are going to be dredging run into the ocean belongs to non Igbos. They may not give permission to you.
[/s]

Balderdash.

1 Like

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Adelaide2: 8:45pm On Apr 14, 2021
duro4chang:
I am from kwara south. We will join our kith and kin in the south west. Kwara north may join arewa but later they will regret it because they will experience neglect.

Sure! You can belong where you like. But they will tell you to leave "northern Nigeria" in terms of geographical location. If you insist, then they make you a northerner by force. Hahahahaha!
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by SlayerForever: 8:46pm On Apr 14, 2021
Christistruth00:

Even if it was a vast thick forest some Igbo hunters and fishermen would have explored it found few settlements or even just farms and staked a claim on at least that part of the Coast even if it was only Few miles long.

The long Juju Myth was used by Arochukwu to Scare a lot of Igbo groups that would have reached the Coast naturally from getting there,
Just look at the map there was only one days journey between Arochukwu and the Coast and under normal circumstances some Igbo hunters and fishermen would have reached the Coast.

Aromire Was a Fisherman but Lagos Island still belongs to his Family today because he used to fish in the area and farm pepper on it.
Ikorodu was first settled by hunters

If the Arochukwu had not deliberately blocked Igbos access to the Coast some Igbos would have had settled on Isolated areas of the Coast and they would have been able to state a claim to it.

Ndoki settled close to the coast. Diobu is by the sea too.

1 Like

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Adelaide2: 8:48pm On Apr 14, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Just the way it will take war for Biafra to have any part of Delta or Rivers. So Biafra will be only made up of the 5 south eastern states.

Most likely yes. I don't disagree. It will take strong diplomatic overtures to get those guys into the Igbo country.
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Adelaide2: 8:51pm On Apr 14, 2021
Ezmans:
but he forgets that the only handwork in yoruba land is forkanizer

How can anyone with any sense say this?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by duro4chang(m): 8:52pm On Apr 14, 2021
Adelaide2:

Sure! You can belong where you like. But they will tell you to leave "northern Nigeria" in terms of geographical location. If you insist, then they make you a northerner by force. Hahahahaha!
In the field of geography kwara state is not in the north but central west of Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Christistruth00: 8:57pm On Apr 14, 2021
SlayerForever:

Ndoki settled close to the coast. Diobu is by the sea too.

If Ndoki are Igbos which part of their Land is on the Coast?

, Diobu Claim Ikwerre and you heard what Gov Wike said

If the Arochukwu were not interested in reaching the Coast which they could have reached in one day because they wanted to maintain their business monopoly on slavery and European goods business they should have at least allowed others to reach the Coast.who needed to go there for hunting fishing or farming

When you look at Arochukwu on the Map and where the Coast is you will know they deliberately didn’t want to go to the Coast.
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by SouthSouth1914: 9:10pm On Apr 14, 2021
Adelaide2:

Read the prediction for south south���

Funny how you said read the prediction for SS. Nonsense ogbomosho analysis!! If the breakup go ahead, 90% of SW IGR will vanish into thin air.

All the ports in SS will kickstart and all IOCS will relocate their Headquarters to the SS, as well as other incentives.

So sad how easily gullible people, you inclusive can believe any trash as long as it is against the SS. Shame

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by EmmySparky(m): 9:26pm On Apr 14, 2021
many people in here don't know the criterias needed to form a country...y'all think there can be 4 countries from Nigeria?...very funny
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Adelaide2: 9:33pm On Apr 14, 2021
duro4chang:
In the field of geography kwara state is not in the north but central west of Nigeria.

Where is Kwara state today? In a place called North something or in a place called South something? If it makes you happy replace geography with politics.����
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Christistruth00: 9:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
NigeriaIsZOO:

The author of this echoed my exact sentiments. His predictions are very likely scenario to play out once Nigeria divides. However, I see the Akwa-Cross having their country. They have absolutely nothing to gain by sharing a country with the core Niger Delta but everything to lose.

The present day Rivers, Bayelsa and southern Delta will be a flash point of unending crises and chaos. It will be a free for all fight between Ijaw, Itshekiri and Uhrobo in Warri and environ.

Another fight will occur in Gelegele between Ijaw and Bini. Then the battle royale will take place in P.H between Ijaw and Ikwerre which will culminate in Ijaws invading P.H and taking it hostage.

What makes this clash inevitable is the fact that the areas groomed monsters like Tompolo, Ateke Tom, Asari dokubo, and Wike among others. These monsters don't know what is diplomacy or fair play but rather they believe that they can have whatever they want through violence. The Ijaws will have a field day harrasing everyone and that's why the Akwa-Cross will rather stay away. P.H will still be the capital but Ikwerres and Ijaws will treat the others with disdain.

My Concern is for the Ogoni some larger tribes may see them as a Walkover and try to overrun them but if they have alliances with the Ijaw that will make it difficult
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by ZiiVentures: 9:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

I tell something bro. you see Akwa Ibom? It's definitely gonna be part of Biafra...forget social media and online rants. I'm telling you the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by saintmm(m): 9:42pm On Apr 14, 2021
if restructuring into functional federating units cannot be achieved, then, we may be heading towards balkanization of this geographical space called Nigeria.
assumption and analysis of possible emerging sovereign states is allowed, but, I think ticking one to be better than the other is not so good, infact in the real sense of it; that's the unwritten law that binds this country together.
we need to reengineer our mind to give every state a chance before we conclude. the truth is every region in Nigeria has both what will work for it and also against it, beyond that, the
there's human resources whose exploitation can never be exhausted.

I rise

2 Likes

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by amuwo1980: 9:43pm On Apr 14, 2021
See afonja and his usual delusions

3 Likes

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by gidgiddy: 9:49pm On Apr 14, 2021
Adelaide2:
As seen on Facebook

"Here is my prediction for the different components of Nigeria if it breaks up. Only four countries are likely to emerge.

1. The Yoruba will start off much easier than others. The Yoruba have some of the aces (relatively homogenous, access to sea, relatively organized socio-politico-economic system, educated human resources) to start surviving quickly.

2. The Igbo have all that the Yoruba have, except for unquestioned access to sea. But they will suffer seriously for the first couple of years, due to the obvious dislocation of their investments all over Nigeria. There will be chaos due to competition and lack of centralized leadership.. But they will bounce back and become very strong. They will catch up with the Yoruba at some point.

3. The South South will descend into seemingly unending inter ethnic chaos over language, culture, resource allocation, as well as the geographical dislocation (compare location of Cross River to Edo) of their new country.

4. The North will continue life almost as usual (religious problem and insecurity, and subjugation of minorities). They will get poorer over time. But many are already so poor that it really does not matter anymore. As long as the non Muslims don't give any problem, the North will not suffer more than it is doing now. They have the ample land for agriculture. They will adjust to survive.

Note that these are predictions, not prophesies. Good luck.����"

When Nigeria breaks up, it is not like to break up the way it is depicted above. People forget that a referendum is mostly like going to be held so that the various ethnic nationalities can decide where they want to be. If the South of Nigeria is to be broken into Oduduwa, Biafra and Niger Delta Republic, where will everyone choose to be?

Its most likely that Yorubas and others who are affiliated to Yorubas are going to opt for Oduduwa

Its most like that Igbos, Igboids and Igbo speaking people are going to opt for Biafra

Which leaves Niger Delta Republic.If most of the Delta Delta Igbos and Rivers Igbos, including Ikwerre, opt for Biafra, the Niger Delta Republic will not be possible. It will not be possible for a Bini man in Edo state to travel to Akwa Ibom without having to go through Biafra.

With Niger Delta split into two, Edoid/Ijoid on one side, and Ibibio/Ogoja on the other side, its very possible that Ogoja/Ibibio will opt to Biafra as it is closest to them, while Edoid/Ijoid might continue with the North as Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:00pm On Apr 14, 2021
Igbochief001:
If Nigeria breaks today ...south east or igbo land is the only place that the GDP would instantly grow because of return of people with money and investment

We have access to sea alright ...abia and the rest even ebonyi ....if niger Delta would be wicked enough not to allow our ships pass the water we share ...the we would fight for it

Competition is what makes us great ....Igbos would still love to other places to do business ...but the difference is they would be importing the goods from igbo land

In the event of a split, there will be no such thing as Niger Delta Republic! Which countries will make up this Republic.....Efik/Ibibio/Annang, Ogoni, Ijaw, Ikwerre, Isoko, Uhrobo, Itshekiri and Edo? Reads more like 'one Nigeria' part-2...but with another name!

It's more likely the Efik, Ibibio and Annang will either form their own country or form a federation or confederation with Ndigbo. If they form their own country, then the passageway leading from Obuaku to the Ocean will be int'l waters as it would divide Akwa-Cross Republic with Ijaw or Niger Delta Republic! In the unlikely event all ethnicities in present day south-south form a country of their own, Alaigbo Republic still wouldn't have issues accessing the sea as the Efik/Ibibio/Annang and the Opobo would serve as a counterbalance to any group (and i have a few in mind) intent on frustrating us!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by justtoodark: 10:01pm On Apr 14, 2021
Adelaide2:

Read the prediction for south south���

my foot....delta doesnt have inter-tribal issues....
the only people fighting in south south are the creek warriors that want complete resource control....
when that is achieved then everybody in the creek will return to the talkin table as they always do....
we deltans dont like to fight or even care about other people....

other than that,their are no issues in the delta....
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Enigmaticmi4(f): 10:02pm On Apr 14, 2021
Brexxit:
We in the Niger delta republic will take over 100% control of our oil wealth.
Making us the richest african nation on earth.

Minimum wage will be around 200k.
Free healthcare and education.
Free transportation services.

Give us our Niger delta republic now!! grin
potential president see as u analyze am
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by justtoodark: 10:06pm On Apr 14, 2021
Enigmaticmi4:
potential president see as u analyze am

i dont have issues with a calaba guy or a edo guy....
when its not this biafra blabla,we deltans dont have issues with each other....

land disputes,tahh....!!
its a normal thing all over the world....
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by adedehinbo(m): 10:06pm On Apr 14, 2021
AsomughaChuks05:
Fair assessment but a yoruba nation will not be glitters like you think. Religious tension which is already simmering as seen in the back and forth tirades between MURIC and CAN headed by a yoruba as well as the Kwara hijab controversy, may take a dangerous turn into violence or even division if not handled with care.
religion will be the last thing a Yoruba man will fight over,if there re some other factors name them but religion is not one of them

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ebonyi Rally: Atiku Arrives At The Campaign Venue (Video) / World Bank Approves $750m Electricity Facility For Nigeria / Individual Efforts Can’t End Terrorism -Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.