Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,047 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? (65747 Views)

What Did I Do? Omojuwa Reacts To Death Threat / Can Anybody Confirm Who Exactly Is In This Pic / Why Exactly Was I Banned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by mamagee3(f): 2:08am On Apr 20, 2011
Guys, I have been hearing stories about a man named Ezeego and his death at a young age of 34, some people said he was executed and others said he died in a fatal accident

What did he really do and what was he all about?

1 Like

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by dempeople(m): 3:15am On Apr 20, 2011
He was a successful businessman who from what I heard, dealt in electronics business. His life was quite shady as stories surrounding him were quite vague.

4 Likes

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 19, 2013
I've been wondering too.Seems a myth was built around dat personality.
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by kkkp: 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
A bastard billionaire..

2 Likes

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2013
what has this got to do with politics?

am I missing something here?
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by idumuose(m): 9:54pm On Jun 19, 2013
Ezego hailed from Okija in Anambra state.He was based in Lagos
and lived in Ajao estate.He was the owner of Ezego electonics on
Allen avenue,Ikeja.Ezego became rich through diabolical means.
He died in a minor accident in his lexus jeep close to his town
In Okija when he was travelling home for the xmas celebration
Sometime in December.He was aged 34.He died suddenly just the
Same way that he became rich suddenly.His wealth was not traceable.
No one could explain how he became rich.People who saw his
Accidented jeep were stupefied as to why Ezego could have been
Killed by that very minor scratch on his jeep.There were lots of
Myth surrounding his death of which space wouldn't permit me to
elucidate.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by b0dnel: 10:09pm On Jun 19, 2013
idumuose: Ezego hailed from Okija in Anambra state.He was based in Lagos
elucidate.

Which space you need again?

19 Likes

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by xxyz17(m): 10:46pm On Jun 19, 2013
idumuose: Ezego hailed. from Okija Ihiala in Anambra state.He was based in Lagos
Allen avenue,Ikeja.[s] Ezego became rich through diabolical means. [/s]
In Okija when he was travelling home for. the xmas celebration
Sometime in December.He was aged 34. [s] He died sudde nly just the
Same way that he became rich suddenly. His wealth was not traceable.
No one could explain how he became rich. People who saw his
elucidate. [/s]
Please spare me these cocck and bull stories!
Eze Ego's wealth came from his Electronics business. He maintained a near monopoly in the importation of Electronic devices in Lagos from the late 80's to early 90's. A philanthropist to the core! He made primary school education free for pupils in Ihiala LGA when he was alive, he takes care of widows and aged people as well. He became popular because of his good deeds and was loved by many. His soul rest in peace.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
b0dnel:

Which space you need again?

Lmao

3 Likes

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by redsun(m): 11:17pm On Jun 19, 2013
He was one of the main beneficiaries of 19,just like onwanetileora. He made his monies tricking Oyinbos to be part of shady deals that never materializes in Nigeria. Just like nigerians politicians and their foreign counterparts do for real,i.e,objand halliburton.

5 Likes

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by DoffMan2: 1:18am On Jun 20, 2013
xxyz17:
Eze Ego's wealth came from his Electronics business. He maintained a near monopoly in the importation of Electronic devices in Lagos from the late 80's to early 90's. A philanthropist to the core! He made primary school education free for pupils in Ihiala LGA when he was alive, he takes care of widows and aged people as well. He became popular because of his good deeds and was loved by many. His soul rest in peace.

Ezego was a 419'er and a biz man. I don't know which one came first. He was from Ihiala town. My useless cousin (also from ihiala) worked with him for a while. In the years before he died, he became a philanthropist. He died in what can be best described as a freak motor accident. Datz life!!

7 Likes

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Expensive72(m): 1:31am On Jun 20, 2013
idumuose: Ezego hailed from Okija in Anambra state.He was based in Lagos
elucidate.
Stop talking shit about what u don't have a clue to, Eze-ego is fro Uzoakwa in Ihiala LGA not okija, & His money is never diabolical He was into importation of electronics in large quantity which he sales in wholesales & retail. He halvely based in lagos & broad .
He was a philanthropist, a generous man who feels the pain & sufferings of the less privileged ones in the society.
For more than five yeas He payed the fee for child delivery of pregnant women in OUR LADY OF LORDS HOSPITAL IHIALA. What he did for that shot time that he lived was so numerous to mantion, is it the widows that he builded houses for, is it the ones he was paying they school fees,or the bags of rise he shares every Christma,or the money He sprays every were he goes, or the Road that lead to his place that he paved & put street light.
He was so rich that no car that reigned that time that he doesn't have, He has fleet of cars numbering more than two hundred. He died in motor accident while coming home in December,He left behind His wife & three children.
May He find peace wherever he is today.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by DoffMan2: 2:24am On Jun 20, 2013
Expensive72:
Stop talking shit about what u don't have a clue to, Eze-ego is fro Uzoakwa in Ihiala LGA not okija, & His money is never diabolical He was into importation of electronics in large quantity which he sales in wholesales & retail. He halfly based in lagos & broad .
He was a philanthropist, a generous man who feels the pain & sufferings of the less privileged ones in the society.
For more than five yeas He payed the fee for child delivery of pregnant women in OUR LADY OF LORDS HOSPITAL IHIALA. What he did for that shot time that he lived was so numerous to mantion, is it the widows that he builded houses for, is it the ones he was paying they school fees,or the bags of rise he shares every Christma,or the money He sprays every were he goes, or the Road that lead to his place that he tied & put street light.
He was so rich that no car that reigned that time that he doesn't have, He has fleet of cars numbering more than two hundred. He died in motor accident while coming home in December,He left behind His wife & three children.
May He find peace anywhere he is today.

Guy, Eze ego was into 419! I wouldn't call 419 diabolic though. My cousin practically lived with him. It appears that he was able to recycle his money into legitimate biz and was very "open handed", so was liked by many.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by mejai(m): 6:12am On Jun 20, 2013
Richest youngest igbo guy at dat tym. What gives me joy is d inscription at his country home dem. 'Welcome to d land of ezego ndi igbo' with monuments of lions der.
A car freak.
D only guy to own a 1999 lincoln navigator jeep in d year 1998 and dat's d ride dat he had an accident with.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by goldfish80(m): 6:53am On Jun 20, 2013
Seems everyone is saying he is into legitimate bizz not diabolizim. But legend has it that he made a pact with the okija shrine and failed to keep up his end of the bargain...well he died exactly at okija on his way to Ihiala for christmass celebration.

Must be said,he was a philantropist,young,rich and hansome with uncontrolable assets.So powerful that Even the military Governor of the Anambra state was scared of his presence in occassions both men attended. Like his name says...Ezeego (king of money).. Truly he was

9 Likes

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Youngzedd(m): 6:55am On Jun 20, 2013
xxyz17:
Eze Ego's wealth came from his Electronics business. He maintained a near monopoly in the importation of Electronic devices in Lagos from the late 80's to early 90's. A philanthropist to the core! He made primary school education free for pupils in Ihiala LGA
when he was alive, he takes care of widows and aged people as well. He became popular because of his good deeds and was loved by many. His soul rest in peace.

Seconded.

Although his corpse were later taken to Okija Shrine, because he has a case there before He died. Not fit to narrate all the stories now.

Ezeego Bastard Millionaire.

KING OF MONEY.

This page can tell you more >> www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=442691

1 Like

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by pistol: 7:00am On Jun 20, 2013
Was fascinated about the dude back then.
Newswatch ran a cover page on him then.
Heard he made a pact with the devil.
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by pappilo(m): 7:06am On Jun 20, 2013
I dont usually believe in diabolical type stories but many of the posters have conveniently left out the fact that by the time he died he had already built a mausoleum for himself. Now why does a 34 year old man build a mausoleum for himself?

He must have been a 419 guy man or like legend says he agreed with Okija Juju that he was ready to die young in return for getting rich quick.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by kross01(m): 7:26am On Jun 20, 2013
chief victor okafor, eze ego 1 of ihiala(udu bunch). Was a legit biz man first before anyother thing shady he became. A philantropist to the core & an exotic car lover to a fault(one of d first owners, of lamborghini in nigeria). Got d title udu bunch because of the habit of giving away bundles of #20 notes then at functions to people. Sad that since he left, basically all that he took care of have been deserted(the road to his house, his house itself, his football club, his businesses)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Youngzedd(m): 7:33am On Jun 20, 2013
Some facts.

He commended the police informant, Mr. Chukwumezie Obed Igwe whose complaint led to the raid of the shrines and said he is a patriotic Nigerian who needed to be protected and encouraged. The IG noted that something concrete had to be done to remove the horrifying sights of the shrines from the psyche of the people of the area.

But the chief priest of Ogwugwu-Akpu, in Ubahu-Ezike village, Okija, Okonkwo Chukwuneta, an elderly man who could not say his age told journalists that the Ogwugwu-Akpu is a "goddess" and the wife to the Ulasi deity in Okija.

He said he had made three statements to the police since the August 4 raid, and that he was arrested and bundled into the bus on the first day of the raid and taken to the house of the chief priest of Ogwugwu Isiula in the negbouring Umuhu village. Although, he could not say how the worship of the deity started since he was born into it, he nonetheless said it has existed for ages. His duty as the deity's chief priest, he said, was to listen to complaints from people who come to report how they were oppressed and dispossessed of their land and other property by the rich.

The process of the oath taking, he said, begins with the complaint which is followed with a summon to the "oppressor". Upon his receipt of the invitation, he is expected to come and tell his own side of the story for the priests to hear in his house which serves as "his court". When both parties consistently insist on their version as the truth of the matter without any conceeding, the oath is administered as the last resort after they had been reminded of the deity's killing powers.

He confirmed that a popular business man, from Ihiala known as Chief Victor Okafor, a.k.a Ezego was killed by the Ogwugwu-Akpu deity, but said he would not know if his corpse was deposited in the evil forest.

According to him, somebody he did not name had earlier dragged Ezego to his court to swear to an oath over disagreements in business and financial dealings and that when he died he was brought a report about the death.

"That was in December of 2000 or thereabout", he said. Later Ezego's mother and the wife whom he said was chauffeur-driven to his court came to say that the businessman sometime swore on Ogwugwu-Akpu and wanted to know if the deity was responsible for his death.

This, he said, prompted his resort to divination, a kind of consultation with his god to know if it was responsible. The god, he said confirmed its responsibility, and that it needed the corpse. But he said that was the last he saw of Ezego's people. He suggested that if the business man's corpse was deposited in the forest, his agents, none of whom was around to answer questions, would be in a position to know.

He also said that outside businessmen, politicians going into alliance and people going over-seas for greener pastures come to him to administer oath of allegiance on them. He added that successful ones amongst the patrons come back later to offer sacrifice of cows or goats to the deity as the case may be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by shizzle11(m): 7:58am On Jun 20, 2013
hmmmmn! Interesting. I never really knew this man or anything about him. Only heard years after his death that he used to be a massively wealthy man
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by dridowu: 8:23am On Jun 20, 2013
Interested in ds topic

1 Like

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by yuzedo: 8:59am On Jun 20, 2013
[size=18pt]THIS IS A THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by yuzedo: 9:05am On Jun 20, 2013
pro01, gbosaa, naptu2, OkijaJuju/Madcow, bikonu bata nu.. Y'all are needed here!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by naptu2: 9:24am On Jun 20, 2013
Ah gosh! Now I'm struggling to remember. There was a porsche boxster, a lexus SUV and three other vehicles (unfortunately I can't remember the brands). He was on his way to his village to celebrate christmas/new year. The accident occurred near a clinic he had built. He was rushed to the clinic, but he died.

He was a businessman. He made his money from the electronics business (which was booming at the time), although people also said that he was involved in 419 (almost everybody that was rich at that time was accused of being involved in 419).

I had a picture of the accidented lexus SUV, which I got from one of those soft-sell magazines (I think it was city people).

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by chiozor: 9:26am On Jun 20, 2013
i think Oliver d Cooque contributed much in blowing the man's name out of proportion..

9 Likes

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 20, 2013
I always wondered who he was, and of course I don't believe the diabolical myth stuff, although it provided for a good story back in the days.
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by yuzedo: 9:40am On Jun 20, 2013
chiozor: i think Oliver d Cooque contributed much in blowing the man's name out of proportion..
Very correct! same way Morocco Maduka took over the praise-singing of dodgy billionaires...

redsun: He was one of the main beneficiaries of 19,just like onwanetileora. He made his monies tricking Oyinbos to be part of shady deals that never materializes in Nigeria. Just like nigerians politicians and their foreign counterparts do for real,i.e,objand halliburton.
Onwanetilora n'ine n'ogidi!!! Kai! Legends have walked this land (criminals, i mean)

6 Likes

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by EzePromoe: 9:51am On Jun 20, 2013
Ezeego and Clifford Orji, the two men that were shaking Lagos when i was still a kid cool
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Makaz1234(f): 9:52am On Jun 20, 2013
Expensive72:
Stop talking shit about what u don't have a clue to, Eze-ego is fro Uzoakwa in Ihiala LGA not okija, & His money is never diabolical He was into importation of electronics in large quantity which he sales in wholesales & retail. He halfly based in lagos & broad .
For more than five yeas He payed the fee for child delivery of pregnant women in OUR LADY OF LORDS HOSPITAL IHIALA. What he did for that shot time that he lived was so numerous to mantion, is it the widows that he builded houses for, is it the ones he was paying they school fees,or the bags of rise he shares every Christma,or the money He sprays every were he goes, or the Road that lead to his place that he tied & put street light.
May He find peace anywhere he is today.

What else do pregnant women deliver apart from children? He really shared bags of rise and builded houses? Then he tied the road leading to his place? Are u for real? Wow! Christma must have been fun.

8 Likes

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by idumuose(m): 10:00am On Jun 20, 2013
Guy, Ɣ☺u try o.so this newsprint dey for yur archieve.From
the information Ɣ☺u provided,Ezego's death was not ordinary.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet The Youngest Wife Of Alaafin Of Oyo, She’s Extremely Beautiful! / Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket / Farooq Kperogi Blames Buhari For The Death Of OPC Leader Who Was Stoned To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.