Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,276 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? (66000 Views)

What Did I Do? Omojuwa Reacts To Death Threat / Can Anybody Confirm Who Exactly Is In This Pic / Why Exactly Was I Banned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by gboso: 10:02am On Jun 20, 2013
idumuose: Ezego hailed from Okija in Anambra state.He was based in Lagos
and lived in Ajao estate.He was the owner of Ezego electonics on
Allen avenue,Ikeja.Ezego became rich through diabolical means.
He died in a minor accident in his lexus jeep close to his town
In Okija when he was travelling home for the xmas celebration
Sometime in December.He was aged 34.He died suddenly just the
Same way that he became rich suddenly.His wealth was not traceable.
No one could explain how he became rich.People who saw his
Accidented jeep were stupefied as to why Ezego could have been
Killed by that very minor scratch on his jeep.There were lots of
Myth surrounding his death of which space wouldn't permit me to
elucidate.
Not Okija but Ihiala in Anambra State.
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by goldfish80(m): 10:03am On Jun 20, 2013
chiozor: i think Oliver d Cooque contributed much in blowing the man's name out of proportion..
They blew his trumpet but not really out of proportion becasue he was indeed a billionare.He was so rich he fed his community whenever he was in town. Infact in the entire Ihiala nobody cooks whenever he was in town.He gave out cars,cows and built houses for some people.let no one foool you to believe he wasnt diabolical thou

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Expensive72(m): 11:21am On Jun 20, 2013
Makaz1234:

What else do pregnant women deliver apart from children? He really shared bags of rise and builded houses? Then he tied the road leading to his place? Are u for real? Wow! Christma must have been fun.
Do u find it hard comprehending simple English?
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Expensive72(m): 11:25am On Jun 20, 2013
idumuose: Guy, Ɣ☺u try o.so this newsprint dey for yur archieve.From
the information Ɣ☺u provided,Ezego's death was not ordinary.
He is from my village,& I know him personally..
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 20, 2013
Makaz1234:

What else do pregnant women deliver apart from children? He really shared bags of rise and builded houses? Then he tied the road leading to his place? Are u for real? Wow! Christma must have been fun.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 20, 2013
yuzedo: pro01, gbosaa, naptu2, OkijaJuju/Madcow, bikonu bata nu.. Y'all are needed here!

Ah, Chief Oyoyo, na you suppose tell us more about Ezego.
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Expensive72(m): 11:42am On Jun 20, 2013
Eze-ego was buried in the tumb/grave He built inside his iba in his compound. His copse was never taken to any shrine or Ogwugwuakpu as people are speculating.

2 Likes

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 20, 2013
But for real, Ezego is a legend. The great Udubunch of Africa; Onyeocha bialu uwa na ôji. The only man, dead or alive, that used to spray money in bundles. . .heard he would literally 'stone' celebrants with endless wads of mint N20 or N50 notes at the time. His wealth was so monumental that even Abacha felt threatened and had to detain him for some months on trumped up charges until he became assured that the man was not a threat to his administration and then released him (lol).

As for how he became so wealthy, well, let's just say he was a hardworking 'international businessman' - who also enjoyed a little help from 'benevolent spirits'. His (residential) glass house in Ajao Estate was a wonder at the time (not anymore), and so was his electronics plaza on Allen Avenue.

Some of his 'young money' contemporaries at the time included the likes of Igwe John 'Joneb' Nnebolisa, Chief IKB Igboanugo, Igwe 'Lulu Case' Kelly, etc. These were pioneers. . .men wey open eye very very early when others never sabi anything. To be honest, I can't say Udubunch was much wealthier than the rest, maybe he was just far more generous and flamboyant.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Afam4eva(m): 11:55am On Jun 20, 2013
Eze Promoe: Ezeego and Clifford Orji, the two men that were shaking Lagos when i was still a kid cool
Clifford Orji never shook anywhere. He was a human parts seller somewhere in Oshodi and was arrested and locked up.

6 Likes

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Afam4eva(m): 11:58am On Jun 20, 2013
Ezego is a legend that i heard about and even more after his death. Rumour had it that he was into some ritual or 419 biz but the thing is that, in the 90s, you couldn't be rich without you being termed a ritualist especially if you didn't hold any significant position in a white collar office. I think a lot of Nigerians were timid then and never understood how someone could be that rich doing something legitimate.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by bigmo1(m): 12:04pm On Jun 20, 2013
Ezeego, aka King of Money. He was truly a legend in those days when growing up was fun. I remember we used to pass by his big electronics shop on allen avenue while driving 2 school. The story i heard about his death was that while he was traveling to his village 4 xmas in his convoy of exotic cars, one of the cars in the convoy broke down, he came down from his own car to find out what the problem was. He was knocked down by another ongoing vehicle. After his death, there was a court battle between his wife and family members over his properties. The wife eventually got married to her lawyer. I can remember he had 2 pretty daughters who were students of Vivian Fowler school.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Expensive72(m): 12:53pm On Jun 20, 2013
gboso:
Not Okija but Ihiala in Anambra State.
Okija is still in Ihiala LGA

1 Like

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by WildChild00(m): 1:02pm On Jun 20, 2013
Youngzedd:

Seconded.

Although his corpse were later taken to Okija Shrine, because he has a case there before He died. Not fit to narrate all the stories now.

Ezeego Bastard Millionaire.

KING OF MONEY.

This page can tell you more >> www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=442691

419 page!
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 20, 2013
yuzedo: [size=18pt]THIS IS A THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Abi oooooooo!!!

A break from Tonto and co.
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by vanbonattel: 1:04pm On Jun 20, 2013
Ezego was probably assasinated by business parters or those he duped if he was really into 419. The story I heard about his last few minutes on earth were very unconvincing to say the least.
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by oyeyipow(m): 1:55pm On Jun 20, 2013
Expensive72:
Stop talking shit about what u don't have a clue to, Eze-ego is fro Uzoakwa in Ihiala LGA not okija, & His money is never diabolical He was into importation of electronics in large quantity which he sales in wholesales & retail. He halfly based in lagos & broad .
He was a philanthropist, a generous man who feels the pain & sufferings of the less privileged ones in the society.
For more than five yeas He payed the fee for child delivery of pregnant women in OUR LADY OF LORDS HOSPITAL IHIALA. What he did for that shot time that he lived was so numerous to mantion, is it the widows that he builded houses for, is it the ones he was paying they school fees,or the bags of rise he shares every Christma,or the money He sprays every were he goes, or the Road that lead to his place that he tied & put street light.
He was so rich that no car that reigned that time that he doesn't have, He has fleet of cars numbering more than two hundred. He died in motor accident while coming home in December,He left behind His wife & three children.
May He find peace anywhere he is today.

U sure Didn't benefit from his free education schemes.........Damn!!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2013
oyeyipo w:

U sure Didn't benefit from his free education schemes.........Damn!!!

Lmao!!!!! U be bad person i swear
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by gulfer: 6:00pm On Jun 20, 2013
Expensive72:
Stop talking shit about what u don't have a clue to, Eze-ego is fro Uzoakwa in Ihiala LGA not okija, & His money is never diabolical He was into importation of electronics in large quantity which he sales in wholesales & retail. He halvely based in lagos & broad .
He was a philanthropist, a generous man who feels the pain & sufferings of the less privileged ones in the society.
For more than five yeas He payed the fee for child delivery of pregnant women in OUR LADY OF LORDS HOSPITAL IHIALA. What he did for that shot time that he lived was so numerous to mantion, is it the widows that he builded houses for, is it the ones he was paying they school fees,or the bags of rise he shares every Christma,or the money He sprays every were he goes, or the Road that lead to his place that he paved & put street light.
He was so rich that no car that reigned that time that he doesn't have, He has fleet of cars numbering more than two hundred. He died in motor accident while coming home in December,He left behind His wife & three children.
May He find peace wherever he is today.
Ol'boy, this narrative deserves a ban.

2 Likes

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by fynetreenaija(m): 8:50am On Jun 21, 2013
And does anybody know a certain Bonaventure MADUAFOKWA from Ihiala too? Who is he ?
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by ak47mann(m): 10:05am On Jun 21, 2013
The Eze-ego of Iheala mean ( The king of money)i heard many stories surrounding his death,i was told he even build his tomb b4 his death which says a lot about him and the way he died cool RIP
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by achi4u(m): 11:43am On Jun 21, 2013
Anybody knows about this man's wealth and his businesses as of today?

His name ring a bell back then.I can still recall his fleet of exotic cars.

okija_juju what happened to ezeego aka udu bunch?grin
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by xxyz17(m): 2:20pm On Jun 21, 2013
achi4u: Anybody knows about this man's wealth and his businesses as of today?

His name ring a bell back then.I can still recall his fleet of exotic cars.

okija_juju what happened to ezeego aka udu bunch?grin

His business empire crumbled largely due to the wife's negligence and incompetence. Some of his properties located in choice places around Lagos can still be found, though many has been sold.
Even his country home in Ihiala is in a sorry state. The wife is a currently married to a Lagos socialite. A yoruba guy.
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by vizboy(m): 4:36pm On Jun 21, 2013
Heard about him back then.
History can be fun for me I just love listening to stories about some nigerians.

Eg Anenih,Fela,Ezego sometimes I wonder what these country has turned into.
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Abbey2sam(m): 3:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
Expensive72:
Stop talking shit about what u don't have a clue to, Eze-ego is fro Uzoakwa in Ihiala LGA not okija, & His money is never diabolical He was into importation of electronics in large quantity which he sales in wholesales & retail. He halvely based in lagos & broad .
For more than five yeas He payed the fee for child delivery of pregnant women in OUR LADY OF LORDS HOSPITAL IHIALA. What he did for that shot time that he lived was so numerous to mantion, is it the widows that he builded houses for, is it the ones he was paying they school fees,or the bags of rise he shares every Christma,or the money He sprays every were he goes, or the Road that lead to his place that he paved & put street light.
May He find peace wherever he is today.

@bolds
1.Built
2.Rice

Have Nothing to say about the man
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by stepo707: 8:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
king of money
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Jarus(m): 8:10pm On Feb 21, 2015
Heard about him when he died in 1999 or so. Read a soft-sell that talked about his wealth and pictures of his exotic cars. Rumour then had it he got money through diabolical means.
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Youngzedd(m): 9:12pm On Feb 21, 2015
Jarus:
Heard about him when he died in 1999 or so. Read a soft-sell that talked about his wealth and pictures of his exotic cars. Rumour then had it he got money through diabolical means.

Haha

You don revive this our thread.
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 21, 2015
idumuose:
Ezego hailed from Okija in Anambra state.He was based in Lagos
and lived in Ajao estate.He was the owner of Ezego electonics on
Allen avenue,Ikeja.Ezego became rich through diabolical means.
He died in a minor accident in his lexus jeep close to his town
In Okija when he was travelling home for the xmas celebration
Sometime in December.He was aged 34.He died suddenly just the
Same way that he became rich suddenly.His wealth was not traceable.
No one could explain how he became rich.People who saw his
Accidented jeep were stupefied as to why Ezego could have been
Killed by that very minor scratch on his jeep.There were lots of
Myth surrounding his death of which space wouldn't permit me to
elucidate.
Lincoln Navigator precisely and not a Lexus SUV. At least I can remember that very well.
Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by 9ijaprince(m): 9:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ezego was indeed a philanthropist. Through a lots of myths and controversies surrounded his reign in the 90's. If he were alive now he surely would have been into politics.

1 Like

Re: Who Exactly Was Ezeego And What Did He Do? by Truckpusher(m): 9:35pm On Feb 21, 2015
Makaz1234:

You just murdered your English teacher and you deserve to be spanked.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / EndSARS: Zarah Buhari And Kiki Osinbajo Brought SARS Down - Authority Newspaper / Mojisola Alli-Macauley Used CA-COVID Palliatives As Birthday Gift - Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.