Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! (460 Views)

Which Is As A Filthy Rag In God's Sight? Righteousness Or Wickedness? / "Pope Francis Didn't Say Hell Doesn't Exist, He Was Misrepresented" - Vatican / Seun Doesn't Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:38pm On Apr 09, 2021
Self-righteousness Is A Man-Made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Vocabulary!

It's a man-made idea intended to discourage the righteous and the works of righteousness, but to justify the wicked and the works of iniquity.

It's an idea that makes sin to abound!

During the afflictions of righteous Job, he kept speaking about his works of righteousness. Job 9:15, 12:4.

But his three friends who were wicked and workers of iniquity found fault in that, hence they kept criticizing him and falsely accusing him because he justified himself because of his righteousness. Job 4: 6-7; 8:6-7.

But Job still stood his ground and kept emphasizing his works and lifestyle of righteousness regardless:

Job 27:5-7 (KJV)

God forbid that I should justify you: till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me.
My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live.
Let mine enemy be as the wicked, and he that riseth up against me as the unrighteous.

When his wicked friends saw that they could do nothing to stop him from justifying himself by his own righteousness, they had no choice but to stop.

Job 32:1 (KJV)

So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes.

After they stopped, this was what God had to say to those three:

"My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.
Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job."
Job 42:7-8

So in God's opinion, what righteous Job did justifying himself by his own righteousness was not wrong, as God said that he had spoken of Him what was right.

But it was Job's three friends who criticized him for doing so and accused him falsely that God's wrath was kindled against, that He would have dealt ruthlessly with them had it not been for the prayer righteous Job offered on their behalf. Job 42:9-10.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:38pm On Apr 09, 2021
Today, what the three wicked friends of righteous Job foolishly accused him of doing that kindled God's wrath against them, is what the wicked and workers of iniquity are accusing the righteous of when they speak of their own works of righteousness.

They call it self-righteousness, and use the instance Jesus spake of the Pharisees and the publican to justify the false idea. Luke 18:10-14

Unknown to them, it's only the highest order of ignorance that would make anyone assume the Pharisees who Jesus called hypocrites, children of the devil, evil and adulterous generation, brood of vipers, children of hell, evil men, whitewashed sepulchres, abomination in the sight of God, covetous, devourers of widows houses etc., represented the righteous in that saying of His.

Jesus was actually speaking of two sinners, one a publican who was humble before God and the other, a Pharisee who wasn't. And they were the same ones of whom Jesus said:

"Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him."
Matthew 21:31-32

So that was just another illustration of how the publicans and harlots who were sinners would go enter into the kingdom before the Pharisees who were also sinners, because they repented of their sins while the Pharisees didn't.

Therefore to use the Pharisee as an example of a self-righteous person is ignorant because the Pharisees were never portrayed by Jesus as righteous men but evil and workers of iniquity.

The people Jesus portrayed as righteous men were His disciples, therefore they were the ones that had the right to speak of their own works of righteousness because it was true. Hence when they did and asked Him at a point what they would get for the works of righteousness they had done for Him, Jesus said:

Matthew 19:29 (KJV)

And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

So Jesus felt they the righteous were entitled to ask what they would get for their works of righteousness and obedience, hence His response to their request.

Therefore the righteous just as Job and Jesus' disciples were entitled to speak of their works of righteousness and obedience, and God has shown via both instances that they're justified when they do so.

It's only the wicked like the friends of Job that would find an issue with that and start criticizing the righteous for speaking of their works of righteousness, and call them self-righteous for doing so, because they were workers of iniquity themselves, hence they do so to justify their own works of iniquity.

But whenever they do so, the same way God reacted in the instance of Job to his friends, is the same way God reacts toward such ones, and if they don't repent of their wicked ways they would receive the reward of their false accusations against the righteous who God doesn't joke with as was shown in the instance of Job.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:11pm On Apr 09, 2021
As na you dey edit God dictionary.
Editor in chief
Assistant God

Re: Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2021
I just saw where a so-called Christian here who accused me of being self-righteous Pharisee because I emphasize the works of righteousness and obedience of the Word of God, also accuse righteous job who God justified of self-righteousness just as his wicked friends did. This is someone who yet claims to be of God.

Well let them not repent but continue trying to justify their works of iniquity. Their sins shall surely find them out!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:29pm On Apr 09, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
As na you dey edit God dictionary.
Editor in chief
Assistant God

Is that what the devil sent you here to do?
Re: Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2021
Re: Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:57pm On Apr 11, 2021
The righteousness series continues shortly...
Re: Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:51pm On Apr 11, 2021
Re: Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:22pm On Apr 12, 2021
Re: Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:42pm On Apr 13, 2021
Re: Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:19pm On Apr 14, 2021
Re: Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:27pm On Apr 15, 2021
Re: Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:27am On Apr 17, 2021
Re: Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! by Dtruthspeaker: 10:17am On Apr 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

During the afflictions of righteous Job, he kept speaking about his works of righteousness. Job 9:15, 12:4.

Why?

Of course you did not know that HE WAS DOING and PLEADING ABIMELECH IN GENESIS 20:4 (Checking and Raising the-Fence (D'Fence) that "He knows that he has Done No wrong or evil thing, therefore, he Ought Not to Suffer Any Affliction"

Because he knew that No Affliction falls on he that Doeth Righteousness! Genesis 20:4 among other Provisions of Law!

jesusjnr2020:

But his three friends who were wicked and workers of iniquity found fault in that, hence they kept criticizing him and falsely accusing him because he justified himself because of his righteousness. Job 4: 6-7; 8:6-7.

Wrong Again!

They were not wicked. They Rightly criticized him but 2 of them, Out of the 3 Friends that were with him (You Failed to take Cognizance of Elihu and his Speech) failed to do a good job in Speaking for and On God's Behalf Against Job, for Job Replied them with a foolish response and they fell before job, Therefore Failing to Properly Represent God!

But Elihu Properly Rebuked and Rebutted Job, thus, HE WAS EXEMPTED BY GOD FROM OFFENCE. Job 42:7.

So you are Wrong in your statement above and you did not comprehend what was happening in the Book of Job!

And therefore, since your Post is Founded on your Faulty knowledge of the Book of Job, The whole Building of Your Post is Faulty and is Hereby Demolished!
Re: Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:11am On Apr 19, 2021
Re: Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:10pm On Apr 20, 2021
Re: Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:54am On Apr 22, 2021
Re: Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:18am On Apr 24, 2021
Re: Self-righteousness Is A Man-made Idea. It Doesn't Exist In God's Sight! by jesusjnr1: 6:42am On Apr 30, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Photos: WOFBI Graduates Class Of June 2021 With Variety Ceremony / 11 Ways Jehovah Witnesses Use Manipulation By Llyod Evans. / Salvation Ministries Mid Week Service Watch Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.