Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,680 members, 7,831,108 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire (9784 Views)

Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. / Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire / Rioters Lock In 50 Nysc Members, Set Building On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by jmaine: 11:58am On Apr 20, 2011
You all should not worry . . . the Miltary are on high alert to quell all future useless act . . . Got a whiff from an uncle who told me their airforce unit are on red alert monitoring the crisis . .you can't blame them . . The Christian Easter festival is around the corner and some Boko haramic almajiris are planning for an onslaught as that is their best opportunity to harvest innocent prey/blood. .they shall collide with a consuming reply from the security outfits with telling consequences . . . .
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by otitokoro1: 12:02pm On Apr 20, 2011
The Headline above is ment to attract people which sends wrong signal before reading the content.

What different does that mean. The fact that they escaped death does not play down on the intention of the Hausas on those copper. Must they die before alarm is blown?

The report Headline is a good one. It sent the right signal. Let us call a spade a spade
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 20, 2011
Its time for our state Governors to Direct and Demand that NYSC should not deploy their citizens to certain states.

If NYSC refuses, Simply refuse accomodation and provisions to citizens from such states, and the message will get accross.
That should solve the Issue.

Since after the pogroms that started the civil war, Northern Nigeria has seen Pogroms as their astitute right and only political tool. Its time this stopped, and it will only stop when they get a clear message that killing anybody means they will be killed or lets all seperate. Sometimes, We make wars to live in Peace.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by kodewrita(m): 12:24pm On Apr 20, 2011
Expect the NYSC to lie about casualty figures. Their long term jobs depend on it.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by 9dynasty(m): 12:43pm On Apr 20, 2011
i'm a corper serving in borno state and was involved in the elections, please nigerians we need your prayers, never thought i would be saying this but i'm scared, i'm very far from[b] HOME[/b].
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Sagamite(m): 12:48pm On Apr 20, 2011
9dynasty:

i'm a corper serving in borno state and was involved in the elections, please nigerians we need your prayers, never thought i would be saying this but i'm scared, i'm very far from[b] HOME[/b].

My advice:

Get to a police or army barracks and stay their.

If you cannot, drop your pride, get some basic utilities and go and camp in a bush. Take a machete or other weapon with you.

When things settle, come out.

You are lucky it is only you you have to mainly worry about. No wife and kids to protect.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by edoyad(m): 1:53pm On Apr 20, 2011
Any mother who let's her child awaiting service go to any of the affected states doesn't love that child. Even my own kaduna state isn't recommended since one could still be deployed to Zaria and other northern parts of the state inhabited by these people.

@9dynasty, i advise you to go to an military barrack and explain your plight. As soon as things cool down take the next available bus out of that place. Good luck my brother.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by ayomifull(f): 2:11pm On Apr 20, 2011
9dynasty:

and what are you still doing there? which is more important? your life or your service to a carefree country who care less about your safety?
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by ayomifull(f): 2:13pm On Apr 20, 2011
Sagamite:

My advice:

Get to a police or army barracks and stay their.

If you cannot, drop your pride, get some basic utilities and go and camp in a bush. Take a machete or other weapon with you.
When things settle, come out.

You are lucky it is only you you have to mainly worry about. No wife and kids to protect.

really? and that will save one person from attack from say 4 or 5 idiots?
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Sagamite(m): 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2011
ayomifull:

really? and that will save one person from attack from say 4 or 5 idiots?

I don't get your point.

Come again.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by vincent10(m): 3:16pm On Apr 20, 2011
OMG OMG OMG OMG Why are these people heartless and cruel?
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by vincent10(m): 3:16pm On Apr 20, 2011
OMG OMG OMG OMG Why are these people heartless and cruel?
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by EzeUche3(m): 3:18pm On Apr 20, 2011
This is horrible. I believe that we should scrap the NYSC program.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Lagoseko(m): 4:32pm On Apr 20, 2011
nysc shld be scrapped and nigeria shld be divided into 2. un shld help us
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by jerryben12: 4:46pm On Apr 20, 2011
All corpers should be deployed back to their home states.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by SmashingM(f): 4:48pm On Apr 20, 2011
And then the s.t.u.p.i.d DG sent me a text (as also to fellow corp members) that i should be calm as everything is under control. They are calling on corpers in the north to go to army barracks, how are they suppose to get there when the mad men are in the streets? May God punish all perpetrators of these acts and those who are suppose to take control of such.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by otokx(m): 4:55pm On Apr 20, 2011
NYSC has out lived its usefulness; students graduate from university and cannot progress with their lives until they are sent on a journey of which return is not certain. If it must be retained then corpers should be posted in their states of origin, in fact their local government areas, that way too those that have none will do well to send their children to higher institutions.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by lumideezle(m): 5:07pm On Apr 20, 2011
As i read the News i felt like shedding tears cuz a lot of my friends are serving presently. i dnt knw wat to say, hw can you wanna burn a fellow human being ALIVE? coopers for that matter. after suffering in sch for 5-6 yrs, nw they begin to reap the fruits of their labour and u wanna cut them short ? thats first class wickedness. This makes me wanna hate all northerners but i normally do not Generalize. I wish i was Jonathan Right nw and i had d powers to command the Armed forces swear down these plp wld nt last the next 4 days. The reason people have the courage to do these things is bc previous offenders have not punished!!! Our country needs serious Transformation
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Kenyy: 5:08pm On Apr 20, 2011
I would rather address the root issue and here I go!

What do we expect after the ADOPTION of two religions as State Religions by both the Federal and State government thereby  violating the 1999 Constitution? Each year both the Federal and State government budget BILLIONS of Naira to sponsor religious activities in total violation of the letters of the 1999 Constitution. Until the goverment(Federal, State and Local) stop the sponsorship of religious activities, I am afraid these senseless killings may not stop! Why should any sane goverment kill two economic days for religious activities?
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 20, 2011
thank God i'm servin in anambra state ooo, my people dis nysc is no longer servin d purpose for which it was created oo,its now a means of sendin enemy to their targets oh
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by chamber2(m): 5:12pm On Apr 20, 2011
well, no member of my family will live or ever do anything like NYSC in any northern state.These are bloody I.D.O.T.S. The north have never contributed anything meaningful to this country,always causing havoc and giving the in't community the impression that Nigeria is a war.

MAY GOD PUNISH ALL SUPPORTERS OF THIS EVIL AND ALL NORTHERN YOUTHS WHO ARE ENGAGED IN THIS VIOLENCE.THEIR GENERATION WILL NEVER HAVE A GRADUATE.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Sagamite(m): 5:15pm On Apr 20, 2011
enamaye:

thank God i'm servin in anambra state ooo, my people dis nysc is no longer servin d purpose for which it was created oo,its now a means of sendin enemy to their targets oh

Its not funny but this got me cracking up. grin grin grin
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by bong4(m): 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2011
Southern governors are weak and wicked. None of them should allow their indigenes to serve in the north. What is the essence of going where u r not appreciated and your security not guaranteed. every day we hear that the situation is now under control yet people are still dieing. I think it should now be shoot at sight on any one seen burning churches or mosques. Infact nigeria is not worth dieing for. i am better alive than dead in this country where evil is glorified.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Kenyy: 5:21pm On Apr 20, 2011
chamber2:

The north have never contributed anything meaningful to this country.
So the carrots you used to catch your spouse was cultivated from an oil well in your state!
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by chamber2(m): 5:23pm On Apr 20, 2011

So the carrots you used to catch your spouse was cultivated from an oil well in your state!

You are an I.d.i.o.t.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by 2mch(m): 5:24pm On Apr 20, 2011
Nigeria is reaping the fruits of its terrible existence. A rich country like Nigeria should be able to conduct credible elections. We should have accurate population data, and biometrics of all Nigerians. All Nigerian's should be registered and accounted for, also given identification numbers. Our elections should also be done through electronic means. This will help us tell the difference between a Nigerian, Nigerien and chadian. Most of these people causing chaos are Nigeriens. Our mago mago ways in doing everything is now costing us priceless lives and costly property. Its time we demand better, and put away tribalism. Demand better from our politicians. We are not animals, and will only be insane to accept the same thing, over and over.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by agabaI23(m): 5:26pm On Apr 20, 2011
lwisee:

WRONG CAPTION

THEY never knew that evil was on the way. All was calm in the neighbourhood, although the news had been broken that rioters were on the rampage in the city.

Suddenly, it got noisy and rowdy outside the building where no fewer than 50 National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members huddled together, feeling safe, away from the madness that had seized the city by the throat.

Angry youths protesting the results of the presidential election stormed the Nigerian Christian Corpers Fellowship (NCCF) Secretariat in the heart of Minna, the Niger State capital.

They forcibly locked the Corps members in and set the building on fire.

But the leader of the Corps members, fondly called Papa by his colleagues, found the strength to break down the door and set his colleagues free.

“Some had burns,” one of the lucky boys and girls told The Nation at the Army Barracks, where they are taking refuge.

He said they were initially few at the “Family House”, as the secretariat is called by NCCF members, but many rushed in to escape the rioting near their homes in other parts of the city.

“We were taken by surprise. We couldn’t retrieve anything from the fire,” he said, pleading for anonymity so that, according to him, his relatives would not panic over his safety.

The building was smouldering yesterday.

The irate youths also burnt the NCCF 18-seater bus, which was bought two months ago, and a motorcycle belonging to the fellowship.

The development has forced the NYSC to direct all Corps members in Chanchaga (Minna) Local Government Area to relocate from their homes to the Nigeria Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) barracks on the outskirts of the city.

Two NYSC officials were taking care of about 200 “refugees” at the barracks. Religious organisations have sent relief materials to them.

The Family House of the NCCF, a fellowship centre and a lodge for Christian corps members, was one of the seven worship centres burnt by the youths who said they were protesting the emergence of Dr Goodluck Jonathan as winner of the presidential election.

If the “Minna 50” were lucky, not so four of their colleagues and two police officers in Bauchi. They were killed by rioters.

Christian Association of Nigeria {CAN} chair Bishop Musa Tula said more than 20 people died in the violence unleashed on innocent people by those he suspected to be political thugs.

Several churches, cars, homes and business houses were burnt.

The police said over 200 suspects had been arrested in connection with the violence in Bauchi metropolis, Misau and Azare Dambam.

Banks and government businesses in the state capital have closed. Three churches, including Gospel Life Church and Deeper Life Church in the state capital, were burnt. Another one in Bara, Alkaleri Local Government Area, was burnt.

It was learnt that trouble started when some youths said to be CPC supporters suddenly went berserk over the results of the election.

The new police commissioner deployed to the state to ensure a hitch-free election, Ammama John Abakasanga, told reporters yesterday that over 200 suspects had been arrested.

He said four Youth Corps members were killed in Itas Gadau during the election. He added that no fewer than 20 other Corps members were still missing.

The Commissioner said the police rescued 20 of the 51 corps members in Itas Gadau, Jamare and Dabam local government areas.

The rescued Corps members are at the Police Officers’ Mess, Bauchi.

But the NYSC secretariat in Bauchi yesterday kept quiet over the corps members.

Abakasanga said a Divisional Crime Officer (DCO), Police Division, Jama’are Local Government Area and a woman Corporal were killed in Giade. The Divisional Police Officer and DCO of Dabam Local Government were injured. They are hospitalised.

T[b]he police boss said his men recovered three ballot boxes and 10 locally made guns from the suspects[/b], who include two under age children.

There were looting and burning yesterday by youths who seized shops, business premises and the streets as early as 7a.m., attacking innocent citizens.

Residents of Igbo quarters, Zango, Railway and most parts of the metropolis fled to the Army and Police barracks as the arson continued.

The INEC offices in Bauchi, Jamare, Misau, Dabam and Itas Gadau were torched.

The Resident Electoral Commissioner in the state, Senator Iliya Audu, told reporters that all the offices were looted before being set ablaze.

Audu said at the INEC office in Bauchi, 500 laptops, 16 power generating sets, cabinets and burglary proof belonging to the commission were stolen before the building was set on fire.

No fewer than 6,000 persons have been displaced, Abubakar Adamu, Bauchi State Secretary, Nigeria Red Cross Society, said.

According to Abubakar, about 23 others, who are injured, have been hospitalised.

On the over 6000 displaced, the Red Cross boss said: “No food or any kind of aid has been supplied to them. They desperately need food. And the State Emergency Management Agency is yet to respond, despite their knowledge of these people’s situation.”

He said residents who ran away for fear of being attacked were returning to their homes.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/3592-rioters-lock-in-50-nysc-members-set-building-on-fire.html
And people are here telling me there was not rigging for Buhari.

You want to roast 50 people? Why?
Corp members should protest from the next batch. No body should agree to serve in the north lets see how their schools and hospitals will flourish. Rubbish!
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by badjack(m): 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2011
Bleep NYSC. I vowed not to go to any a dawn North if I am sent there to go and do a rubbish dawn NYSC. Well I served in Bayelsa(BY).

I wish parents can come to a very good agreement and stop there children from going to the stinking North for any NYSC stupid thing. THis whole thing sucks. If this is done ones or twice, the impact will be felt in this foolish country. Better still, whie not we break this country and go our different ways.

I will not allow my younger brother to go to any North for NYSC. God forbids back thing. All this foolish NORTHERNERS should bu taught a lesson they need to remember.

I wionder why someone will expect a power hungry foolish jack like Buhari to beat Goodluck. He is disassociating himself from the violence. That is a rubbish. Was he not the one that call his followers to lynch anyone they see rigging the election. How many southern states did he even tried to make any impact during the election period.
STINKING SUCKERS
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by MMM2(m): 5:37pm On Apr 20, 2011
Hausa & muslim re BAD LUCK 2 9JA.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by daroz(m): 5:41pm On Apr 20, 2011
No, I cant take this anymore, these northeners are not human, they are all animals, right from the 1st to the last.  angry angry angry
Why are they so blood tasty? Why do they always look for every available opportunity to slaughter we southeners as if we are cows. We have to make this even. MEND, MOSSOB and OPC are really disappointing me. Why do they have to warn them to cease the killings or else they retaliate? Have these vogabond ever warned us b4 they skrike? I lost a family friend to the hands of these fools sometime last year, more and more are still been killed daily, its time to take it personal. THIS IS WAR!!! For that, I on this day, the 20th of april, 2011 thereby declare all northen muslim my enemies. I shall always hurt them anytime and anyhow I could. They should start to experience the pain of loosing loves ones for no just cause. Can u imagine the kind of torment they would have caused the families of those NYSC members if thay had succeded? I know a handful of some Aboki gatemen and shoe makers residing peacefully in my locality, I even have one and his family leaving at my gate. I am going to start with them, and also I am going to sell the ideal to others too. This may not be the 1st time I have said this, but this time around, I mean it.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Sagamite(m): 5:43pm On Apr 20, 2011
2mch:

Nigeria is reaping the fruits of its terrible existence. A rich country like Nigeria should be able to conduct credible elections. We should have accurate population data, and biometrics of all Nigerians. All Nigerian's should be registered and accounted for, also given identification numbers. Our elections should also be done through electronic means. This will help us tell the difference between a Nigerian, Nigerien and chadian. Most of these people causing chaos are Nigeriens. Our mago mago ways in doing everything is now costing us priceless lives and costly property. Its time we demand better, and put away tribalism. Demand better from our politicians. We are not animals, and will only be insane to accept the same thing, over and over.

Stop chatting idealistic crap!

How will a country with typical annual budget of $32bn be able to afford a biometric national ID programme that costs close to $1.5bn dollars.

$1.5bn is the cost when done cleanly and honestly. You can bet in Nigeria, after the corruption, it will cost $9bn and still not be done adequately. Where do you expect Nigeria to get such money from?

Furthermore, lets say we found the money, after you waste the $9bn on the programme, what makes you think it will solve the problem? You think that will stop or significantly reduce Nigeriens and Chadians from being present in Nigeria?

We do not have accurate population data because the reetarded leaders of the north will not let us.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by orbaxy(m): 5:44pm On Apr 20, 2011
Blawdy fools,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osun State Paid Corp Members Their State Allawee!! / Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years / Fast Track Your Career With Jpts Intl Inc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.