Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,469 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire (9786 Views)

Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. / Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire / Rioters Lock In 50 Nysc Members, Set Building On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by 10cirenoh: 1:12am On Apr 21, 2011
snthesis:

My kid sis barely escaped last nyt, she and her fellow corp members were ferried out commando style in d wee hours today- dem abokis are bleeping not-so-smart , walai if any scratch had occurred d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ wud knw the real meaning of terrorism- bleeping idiots angry angry

Keep your dirty mouth shut, is your sister more human than those that have died so far? what would you have done if there was a scratch on her body? fly to the north and kill them all? bloody noisemaker. you must be 10 years old, instead of you to call on your president to declare a state of emergency or even send neutral troops down there, you're here fuming in the mouth like someone suffering from convulsion.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by likeithot(f): 1:14am On Apr 21, 2011
degubi:

What worries me is that Friday being their prayer is another opportuinity for the Alfas or whoever is in charge to fill their minds with more hatred crap which ends up inciting them to destroy lives. NYSC should truly be scrapped or they enforce that Northerners should serve in their own states while the sountherners do the same.

EXACTLY
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Nobody: 1:18am On Apr 21, 2011
I am sick of these northerners,

Very Soon, sooner than you or I can ever imagine, those responsible for all these dastardly acts will have every cause to regret their actions. I have a strong feeling that the “Hausas and the Fulanis” will never rule Nigeria again. Mark my Words. All we need to do in the future is vote for anyone from those regions where GEJ won, middle belt down to the Atlantic, that all, nothing for the far North, they will forever regret their foolish actions.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by ebor(m): 1:49am On Apr 21, 2011
Bob_E:

Very Soon, sooner than you or I can ever imagine, those responsible for all these dastardly acts will have every cause to regret their actions. I have a strong feeling that the “Hausas and the Fulanis” will never rule Nigeria again. Mark my Words. All we need to do in the future is vote for anyone from those regions where GEJ won, middle belt down to the Atlantic, that all, nothing for the far North, they will forever regret their foolish actions.

Absolutely. I can't agree less with u . In fact the unfolding scenario reveals that the Hausa-Fulani have become minority in Nigeria's political equation and the current senseless violence and killings is worsening this confirmed and uneviable status they have to contend with.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:00am On Apr 21, 2011
So sad sad. I think -as has been suggested- all corpers should go to the nearest Army barracks until safe means can be found to take them home. The rest of the service year should be cancelled as this is an emergency situation we are facing. I wonder why the news doesn't say much about these happenings though . Just watched AIT and NTA news this evening and nothing specific was mentioned.

The south east doesn't seem so dangerous now does it? It's an oasis of peace in comparison. At least with kidnappers you have higher odds of ending the ordeal with you body and soul still together. Kidnappers and thieves are angels compared to these savages.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:01am On Apr 21, 2011
So sad sad. I think -as has been suggested- all corpers should go to the nearest Army barracks until safe means can be found to take them home. The rest of the service year should be cancelled as this is an emergency situation we are facing. I wonder why the news doesn't say much about these happenings though . Just watched AIT and NTA news this evening and nothing specific was mentioned.

The south east doesn't seem so dangerous now does it? It's an oasis of peace in comparison. At least with kidnappers you have higher odds of ending the ordeal with you body and soul still together. Kidnappers and thieves are angels compared to these savages.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Benny25: 3:38am On Apr 21, 2011
my heart skipped when i read the headlines, i was so mad angry that the first thought that came to my mind was to deal with any aboki i see on my street but to my greatest surprise  shocked they had all gone to only God knows where, they had these all planned out from the beginning knowing fully well what they will do if the outcome did not favor Buhari. innocent lives ve been lost for no fault of theirs, mark my word all those arrested by the police after some time will all be released and let go freely with the intervention of those northern criminal leaders who actually instigated the whole mayhem. in my own opinion the NYSC scheme should be scrapped or corpers should be sent to their geo political zone of birth. the govt should not continue to watch innocent corpers serving their fatherland go thro these traumatic experiences. as for me am waiting for those uncircumcised philistines (abokis) to return to my area in port Harcourt infact i reserve my comment. I HONOURABLE BENNY25 HEREBY MOVE MOTION FOR THE TOTAL SCRAPPING OF NYSC SCHEME OR AMENDMENT OF POSTING POLICY OF THE SCHEME FOR THE BETTERMENT OF ALL CONCERNED
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by zenus(m): 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2011
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by jokingmary(m): 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2011
We try to be one but some worthless elements don't want it sad

When Yar'adua won the election, non of these things happened
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by hackney(m): 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2011
Though the NYSC in a place like nigeria is utterly useless, it  may never be cancelled untill
the hausas at the top of its administration stop benefitting from its contracts:
uniforms, fund allocations, housing etc.
It runs into billions and is lucrative.

I guess people should be given the opportunity to opt out of that rubbish.
Especially considering that one can be posted to those Ba Turanchi areas which actually is most of the north.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by okeyz(m): 3:21pm On Apr 21, 2011
Benny25:

my heart skipped when i read the headlines, i was so mad angry that the first thought that came to my mind was to [b]deal with any aboki i see on my street but to my greatest surprise  shocked they had all gone to only God knows where, they had these all planned [/b]

i notice same thing in my area in LAG, there are mostly okada riders and they have all vanished into thing air,anyway we know their enclaves at idi araba and mile 12,it will serve as a nice shooting range,

My blood ran cold when i read about their bestiality, this thing has got to stop,the southerners have to send a clear signal, that no region has full monopoly on violence, Nigeria is far behind other countries that are less endowed than us because of these northern fools, always dragging the nation backwards with their not-so-smart way of  life .

Are they trying to tell us that they cannot stand a southerner as president? is jega not from the north?, well if they dont like it then lets  divide the country into north and south , if we cannot live in peace then lets live in pieces if that will bring peace,

I really cannot understand this northern punks, at times i feel their cattle are even more sensible than them.

Haba, enough is enough,  angry
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Kaiser5000: 6:08pm On Apr 21, 2011
Saw this on a different site and felt i should share
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/guest-articles/the-murder-of-obinna-okpokiri.html

I did not know Obinna directly but we had mutual friends here in London. Until recently Obinna was here in the UK, at his family expense, to pick up a post graduate qualification. Obi, as I will call him for the rest of this write up, like every young man had dreams and hopes and one of such was to go back and complete the mandatory NYSC. As a result he packed his bags, paid his way back to Nigeria to serve his fatherland in Bauchi where he was posted to do his National Youth Service.

[img][/img]
obi

As you might have guessed by now Obi is one of the Youth Corpers, reported glibly by the media, killed in Bauchi in the last few days. I don’t know if it is because it has happened so many times or what, but the media in Nigeria have become very blasé about such killings and no longer view such as worthy of further coverage. Obi was a person, he had a life, he had a family that loved and sacrificed for him. Obi as you can see from his picture was a good looking young man full of life. According to friends, Obi had run to the corpers lodge to seek refuge and was worried enough to contemplate running to the barracks. But before he or any of the other corpers in the lodge could actualize this; death arrived in the form of a CPC murder squad.

The terror Obi and the rest must have felt can only be best imagined. They were forced out and beaten up and not quite done, the baying crowd of CPC fanatics slaughtered them and set their bodies alight. It is not the kind of death you will wish on your enemy. Let no one try and palm this off on the usual suspects; the Almajiris. Yes there must have been street urchins amongst the killer squad but these were CPC and Buhari loyalists who were out to sort out “the opponents” of their leader. It did not matter to them that these young people were on a National service, as far as they were concerned, if they were not one of them, then they must be the enemy.

There are parallels between the killing of Obi et al and what happened in Kenya at the tail end of 2007 when Kenyans went to the polls in a bitterly fought election. The incumbent Mwai Kibaki’s reelection was disputed by the main opposition leader Raila Odinga. In no time Kalenjin militias in the Rift Valley fanned out in a murderous search of Kibaki’s supporters and kinsmen. They burnt down their houses, looted and killed Kikuyus who were seen as Kibaki’s supporters. Kibaki’s Kikuyus soon retaliated and at the end of the orgy of violence, over 1,100 Kenyans had been killed.

Just like we have seen in Nigeria before, the Kenyan government sacrificed justice at the altar of political expediency. The Kenyan Government made feeble attempts bring to trail the perpetuators without much success and the International Criminal Court (ICC) at The Hague was forced to step in. Charges have now been filed against 6 politicians, ex head of Police, a radio DJ and Government ministers for inciting the violence

The killing of Obi in Bauchi won’t be the first time people have run amok in the North. Far more people have been killed in Plateau state alone than in Kenya. People are killed at the drop of a hat in the North and Middle Belt and the Government appears helpless. We must now call on the ICC to intervene and try and break this cycle of the mindless slaughter of the innocent people in the North. The facts are all there, just as in Kenya; people were incited and primed to wreak maximum havoc in the event of results not favoring them. Even after the elections we had the likes of Alhaji Buba Galadima of the CPC still going on BBC Hausa service to spew hate. I have previously written about the climate of hate that surrounded CPC rallies prior to the elections and frankly it is no surprise that violence broke out. What is surprising is that yet again, the security forces were caught flat footed. How could they not have known that CPC supporters were going to embark on an orgy of violence?

It is doubtful if President Jonathan has the political spine to bring the murders to book. I suspect the killing of Obi and that of many others in this latest orgy of violence will be swept under the carpet by the Government for the sake of political expediency or “national unity”. We need to tell the government that there is no more room under the carpet. The blood of Obi (and others) is calling for justice. It would be most disappointing if appeasement rather that justice is pursued by the government, killers must be brought to book and not rewarded. If the Government feels this is beyond them, they should then allow for the ICC to step in.

Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Sagamite(m): 6:58pm On Apr 21, 2011
^^^ I couldn't finish reading it.

I was feeling sick to my stomach and also boiling up.

I could only read up to "They were forced out and beaten up and not quite done" because I have a habit of putting myself in other's people's shoes to do my analysis.

I am boiling up because I am thinking what if this was my brother, cousin, son, friend or even me?

Killed by some hopeless, illiterate, worthless mooorons!

I feel sick.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Mobinga: 7:07pm On Apr 21, 2011
Whoa! Schit!! shocked shocked
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Kaiser5000: 7:34pm On Apr 21, 2011
I just feel sometimes when we put a face on these issues we can see how grave the situation is. Killings happen every time in the north so why do the security operatives act like they were caught by surprise?! How many times does it have to happen for them to know they have to be prepared!? The soldiers should have been on the streets in force a day before the results were announced and lets see who will come out and riot.
This is so freaking sad! sad
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by sley4life(m): 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2011
b u l l s h i t.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by ayomifull(f): 8:01pm On Apr 21, 2011
I feel sick, bitterly angered, depressed

OMG!

cant we do something about this service of a thing? This guy left another man's country safely to his to go and get killed

lets do something to make amendement to this scheme people, lets do something let them scrap it or let people service in their own states of origin
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by ayomifull(f): 8:05pm On Apr 21, 2011
I HONOURABLE BENNY25 HEREBY MOVE MOTION FOR THE TOTAL SCRAPPING OF NYSC SCHEME OR AMENDMENT OF POSTING POLICY OF THE SCHEME FOR THE BETTERMENT OF ALL CONCERNED

I support this
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Nigerd(m): 8:15pm On Apr 21, 2011
@ Topic,

A Muslim Friend Told me of his Wife 2 b was Sexually harassed by Cutlass and Gun Dwindling Aboki in Bauchi During the Election,

They were Forced to Tumb print for CPC and were Latter Touched not RAPED guys numbering about 20,

No Police or Security in most Poling Unit in Bauchi
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by snthesis(m): 11:10pm On Apr 21, 2011
@10cineroh
ΰ r obviously dimwitted, I guessed ΰ were dropped on ur head one to many times as a kid. Trading words with ΰ is a complete waste of mytime.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by ayomifull(f): 12:26am On Apr 22, 2011
Those innocent lives would not have been lost if they were posted to their own states to serve

Let us demand for change to NYSC scheme for people to serve in their own states of origin

Lets not wait for more lives to be lost before we voice out
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by wealthlift(m): 5:16pm On Apr 22, 2011
It's high time the Federal Govt start shooting these
warring youths in the north! What an arrant nonsense!
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2011
cry cry cry
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Arosa(m): 5:41pm On Apr 22, 2011
ayomifull:

I feel sick, bitterly angered, depressed

OMG!

cant we do something about this service of a thing? This guy left another man's country safely to his to go and get killed

lets do something to make amendement to this scheme people, lets do something let them scrap it or let people service in their own states of origin
The truth of the mater is that a Nigerian is safer in Afghanistan or a country full with hating skinheads than in Nigeria. angry
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by 735i(m): 9:01pm On Apr 22, 2011
MASSOB, OPC, MEND, to arms i say!!!! to arms!!!!

Obi's blood must not flow in vain!!!!
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Orikinla(m): 9:05pm On Apr 22, 2011
The Nigerian Army and police have enough machine guns to mow down the hoodlums, but they failed to do so. The first thing to do is to use tear gas or nerve gas and if they donlt stop, gun down everyone of them. Then chase and kill them even if they run into their mosques, don't spare anyone of them. Na gwo de everybody and others will never dare it again.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Arosa(m): 9:16pm On Apr 22, 2011
Orikinla:

The Nigerian Army and police have enough machine guns to mow down the hoodlums, but they failed to do so. The first thing to do is to use tear gas or nerve gas and if they donlt stop, gun down everyone of them. Then chase and kill them even if they run into their mosques, don't spare anyone of them. Na gwo de everybody and others will never dare it again.
Orikinla you talk like a soldier, but you forget that they are not afraid to die. infact they want to die. undecided
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Mariory(m): 9:18pm On Apr 22, 2011
Orikinla:

WTF? Nerve gas? No state security outfit can use nerve gas. That is a guaranteed war crime. And there is no way those murderous Buhari dogs would have survived a nerve gas attack.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by deadie(m): 9:41pm On Apr 22, 2011
What are SUG's of southern universities doing? What are the politicians from the South doing? Protest and call an end to serving in North! YOU or your relative of friend will someday become part of the statistics of corps members killed in the North. It has now become acceptable that a few Southerners are sacrificed in the North EVERY year! With the condition of things in Nigeria, over my dead body will I have a kid, train him through to university and send him to the north to serve these animals and have them kill him. If the people of the South fail to take action like calling for the end to NYSC or a policy where serving in the north is voluntary, then we should shut up and celebrate the death southern corps member because we helped kill him or her. RISE UP!
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by biodun70(m): 12:13am On Apr 23, 2011
Don't let Ukeoma Ikechukwu, Obinna Okpokiri and their NYSC mates die in vain!!

I've actually started a FB group to help get justice for Ukeoma and his mates. The group's name is: justice for Ukeoma Ikechukwu, Obinna Okpokiri et al

Link-http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_179579825426318. Please join and spread the word!

The man died who keeps silent in the face of tyranny-Wole Soyinka
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by aspabay(m): 1:12am On Apr 23, 2011
NIGERIA! What happened to you.
Re: Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire by Rossikk(m): 1:25am On Apr 23, 2011
Look, the Igbos and southerners need to head back south en masse. They are too many of them up there. No wonder they keep getting targeted by the locals, who are much poorer than them, and therefore prone to resentment.

Afterall if you're not there they can't kill you. And yes, there MUST be a new approach to youth service that does not oblige graduates to work in places they are likely to be targeted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osun State Paid Corp Members Their State Allawee!! / Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years / Fast Track Your Career With Jpts Intl Inc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.