Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police (1722 Views)

Pastor Arrested For Raping 13yr Old Girl (picture) / Rev. Mbaka Accused Of Impregnating A 13yr Old!!! / 13yr Old Gang Leader And His Crew Murdered For Making Threats Towards An Older (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police by WriterNig: 9:12am On Apr 16, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IGt9WrFr5Y

Watch Video

Adam Toledo, the 13-year-old boy shot by Chicago police.

Disturbing bodycam footage released by Chicago police shows the moment a city cop shot and killed 13-year-old Adam Toledo last month — with the officer identified for the first time as Eric Stillman.

“Police, stop, stop right f—-g now,” Stillman is heard saying as he chased the teen down an alley. “Hands. Show me your f—-g hands.”

“Drop it, drop it,” the 34-year-old cop yells, before Toledo is seen turning around and the cop fires a single shot.

The seventh-grader, who appears to be raising his hands a split second before he was shot, is then seen collapsing onto the ground.

“Shots fired, shots fired,” the cop radios in.

“You alright?”
he asks the teen, who is splattered with blood. “Where you shot?”

Prosecutors had said Toledo had a gun in his right hand when he turned around - but admitted on Thursday that the attorney who made that claim had “failed to fully inform himself,” a local CBS affiliate reported.

Police in the Windy City maintain the boy had a gun right before he turned, and that a weapon was found nearby afterwards. They had previously described the fatal encounter as an “armed confrontation.”

The graphic footage was released by the city’s Civilian Office of Police Accountability.

Chicago police released bodycam footage of the fatal shooting of 13-year-old Adam Toledo on March 29, 2021.

The shooting happened March 29 after cops responded to reports of shots fired in the West Side neighborhood.

“Hi, I just heard gunshots,” one 911 caller told the dispatcher, according to audio recordings of the call.

“How many shots did you hear?” the dispatcher responds.

“It sounded like a lot, like, a lot,” the caller said. “More than 5.”

Police said the teenager and 21-year-old Ruben Roman ran from cops at the scene, with the officers giving chase.

Stillman’s bodycam footage shows him arriving at the scene and giving chase, running past Roman, who falls to the ground and is handcuffed and taken into custody by another officer.

He then shoots the teenager, who is wearing a “Just Do It’ sweater and is seen still breathing but covered in blood.

“Need an ambulance got a gunshot victim,” Stillman radios in. “Shots fired by the police.”

The officers then start trying to resuscitate Toledo.

“I’m going to start CPR, I’m not feeling a heartbeat,” one of the cops says. “Get an ambulance.”

Officers on the scene spent several minutes trying to revive the teenager, but he was pronounced dead.

The officers were reassigned to administrative duty after the shooting, officials said.

A photo of a gun police say was recovered from the scene of an officer-involved shooting in Chicago that left 13-year-old Adam Toledo dead.

At a press conference earlier on Thursday, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot had described the video as “incredibly difficult to watch.”

“As more and more people see this footage, I want to ask again that everyone tuning in thik first about Adam Toledo,” the mayor said. “No parent should ever have a video broadcast widely of their child’s last moments.”

In a joint statement earlier in the day, Lightfoot and lawyers for Toledo’s family said the release of the footage was “the first step in the process toward the healing of the family.”

CNN

New York Post

Cc Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun

Re: Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police by WriterNig: 9:12am On Apr 16, 2021
Re: Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police by Aaa007: 9:13am On Apr 16, 2021
angry
Re: Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police by setobaba: 9:15am On Apr 16, 2021
United state is loosing it already
Re: Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police by Bossil(m): 9:17am On Apr 16, 2021
Terrible.
I mean how do you shoot at someone and ask if he is alright
Re: Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police by MickzyDonald: 9:21am On Apr 16, 2021
Most of this police men take things into their personal interest hereby harming citizens without having remorseful concern's
Re: Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police by Bornsinner7: 9:23am On Apr 16, 2021
Damn
Re: Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police by HONESTFACT101(m): 9:27am On Apr 16, 2021
forget those Mumu upstairs the real question is what is a 13 year old doing with Gun at that age even the sight if security men own dey make me fear......signing out

1 Like

Re: Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police by Righteousness2(m): 9:29am On Apr 16, 2021
What is going on the US and Nations of the world is really crazy.
Defunding the Police is not the answer! That will Lead to Full Blown Lawlessness.

Folks , wherever you are all over the world, You need to understand that a life without JESUS is living at a Great Risk.
The Worst Event that could Happen to a man or woman is to Depart without JESUS. You are Gone Forever.
Re: Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police by Dalil8: 9:48am On Apr 16, 2021
2 days ago it was Duante Wright. Today it's a mass shooting in Indianapolis.

There's never a day that goes by without shootings/killings in the US

1 Like

Re: Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police by 2shaw: 10:08am On Apr 16, 2021
God know say if I go usa. I go buy bullet proof helmet,bulletproof vest,day waka. Cos gun for thr ,na shots fired o. Time for American lazy youths to start dis own End SARS. And of cos if u be retailer for yankee,them must loot your grocery store.
Re: Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police by Duplexxx: 10:23am On Apr 16, 2021
Too bad
Re: Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 16, 2021
On that day, the kid bumped into the wrong officer.

I read somewhere that the policeman behind the shooting was in the military before he left to join the police. In other words, he is a veteran.

So, you can say that he brought the military style into police work. You make any mistakes around me, I'll shoot first, then ask questions later.

Wouldn't be surprised if the officer served in Afghanistan or I-raq. sad

1 Like

Re: Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police by WriterNig: 11:55am On Apr 16, 2021
mansakhalifa:
On that day, the kid bumped into the wrong officer.

I read somewhere that the policeman behind the shooting was in the military before he left to join the police. In other words, he is a veteran.

So, you can say that he brought the military style into police work. You make any mistakes around me, I'll shoot first, then ask questions later.

Wouldn't be surprised if the officer served in Afghanistan or I-raq. sad

You're correct. Some of them suffer from severe PTSD and find it hard to reintegrate into the society. They should be retired and banned from taking any public law enforcement job.

Only God knows the kind of atrocities committed by these U.S soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan.

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun
Re: Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 17, 2021
WriterNig:

You're correct. Some of them suffer from severe PTSD and find it hard to reintegrate into the society. They should be retired and banned from taking any public law enforcement job.

Only God knows the kind of atrocities committed by these U.S soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan.

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun

Making sense
Re: Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 17, 2021
Poor kid must have been terrified. Murdered in cold blood cry
Re: Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 17, 2021
Imagine if he was black
Re: Graphic Footage Showing The Moment A 13yr Old Boy Was Killed By Chicago Police by epondudu: 8:41am On Apr 18, 2021
He even tried to revive him hmmmmm.
Nigerian police will just japa

(1) (Reply)

Video Of A Pastor Bathing His Female Members Naked / How To Become A Successful Drug Dealer / Police Brutality/injustice~ My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.