Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,585 members, 7,955,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:10 PM

Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country (6840 Views)

IPOB/ESN Forced Obi/LP To Suspend Rally In SE As Region In Chaos / Wike, SS Entire SE To Dump PDP / APGA Leading In Entire SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by gaddafe(m): 2:55pm On Apr 16, 2021
Obalatule:
You are just telling empty stories grin, itshekiri has stated time without number that they stand with yoruba, they even invited OPC when they had issues with fellow Niger Delta tribes grin

itshekiri invited OPC? common now, you guys should stop these lies. just because you want to win an argument.
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2021
Etrusen:
the two states making up bendel (Edo and Delta) are bigger than the entire eastern Nigeria in both land mass and resources

so when talking breaking away from Nigeria, Bendel have what it takes to form a country of their own.

so make Igbo's pack well even if you remove Anioma from Bendel, we still better pass Una

So Edo's and Deltans don't be moved we have what it takes to be a nation considering our historical oneness.

Where is bendel?

Don't tell me you are still stuck to states and republic that have phased out...

If so then you need psychiatric attention. Bendel and it's republic is gone.

As at today we have different states with different capital.

If you want to talk about bendel then look for those that existed with the said bendel state.

For now it is gone and gone for ashes

Then finally I don't understand the argument or did forget your certificate in uniben..

You said bendel state....a Political creation then Igbo an ethnic group...I don't understand...

Your gone bendel consist of Igbos, Urhobos, Edos, Itshekiris...

Of really you are soundly educated you should he comparing bendel states to her colleagues of state at the time it existed.

Then compare ethnicity to ethnicity...since you want to compare why not compare igbo to Edos who are Yorubas anyway...but you ran under illogicalities and finished yourself up.
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by Easternmind(m): 3:08pm On Apr 16, 2021
[quote [s]author=[s]juman post=100845481]Kai.
South East is so small that was why they were desperate for one Nigeria in the beginning.

Even now in their biafra they want other tribes to join them by force[/s].[/quote][/s]
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 16, 2021
Etrusen:

is land not part of resources ?

I wonder how Una dey think

Mr you are a Yoruba man and if Nigeria divide today, you are moving towards Oduduwa republic.

We won't hesitate to put the suggestion up and bring historical ties of Yorubas and Edos together then seal it into oodua republic.
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by Etrusen(m): 3:10pm On Apr 16, 2021
Elliotwaveforec:
Olodo OP, Are Akokos and Esans part of your Bendel too? Oya, remove the land mass of these two groups and let's see what's left.

omo u need sense
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 16, 2021
Etrusen:

according to the dividing of region of SWEN, is rivers part of east?

am talking about the five eastern states

dont be in a haste

Seriously I always tell Edo people that the right set of group they should be arguing with is Yorubas maybe Urhobos and Itshekiris... Nothingelse.

Igbos are distinct ethnic group. ..and hard to break in..

You can run away from your Oduduwa history.
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2021
helinues:

@ emboldened should be old Eastern region which has been separated for decades now and the status quo remain the same...

SE only have 5 states

Op said bendel and that existed during the period he quoted.

Awolowo and his free education has put so much doubt in minds of many. The products of such education are intellectually down.
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2021
Etrusen:

just like no one thought bendel could ever have a region.mteeeew

Edo have nothing to do with Yoruba

dont change topic

The young man is telling you the truth. Stop shifting your goal post to Igboland.

We are not that liberal to entertain such. Liberalism is a sign of mental disorder.

It is high time Edo start building bridges with Yorubas...nuff said.
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by helinues: 3:17pm On Apr 16, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Op said bendel and that existed during the period he quoted.

Awolowo and his free education has put so much doubt in minds of many. The products of such education are intellectually down.

NigeriaIsZOO:

You should concentrate more on educating yourself instead of trying to infect others with your ignorance.

Firstly, Eastern Nigeria comprises all five SE states and four SS states

You too like to dey pokenose into wetin no concern you.

This your attention seeking is stale
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2021
helinues:

NigeriaIsZOO:

You too like to dey pokenose into wetin no concern you.

This your attention seeking is stale

Poke nose?

So I wonder what you are actually doing here if not gossiping about what is your business.... improve the standard in Agbara and ogbomosho before looking for who to correct with your certificate of free Education.
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2021
gaddafe:

itshekiri invited OPC? common now, you guys should stop these lies. just because you want to win an argument.

Even in Edo state, OPC is existing there..

Is nothing new.
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by helinues: 3:21pm On Apr 16, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Poke nose?

So I wonder what you are actually doing here if not gossiping about what is your business.... improve the standard in Agbara and ogbomosho before looking for who to correct with your certificate of free Education.

I caught you red handed.. Don't shift goal post... You jumped into the conclusion in just half way all in the name of sounding political correct..

Eish!
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 16, 2021
gidgiddy:

Population is far more important than size of land. You can have all the land in the world, but if you dont have the population, you have nothing. You will be a minority

Just the population of Anambra alone is more than that of Delta and Edo states combined.

Have you heard of the country called norway
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by Ojiofor: 3:23pm On Apr 16, 2021
Etrusen:

according to the dividing of region of SWEN, is rivers part of east?

am talking about the five eastern states

dont be in a haste

When you said 'East' yes River state, Cross River, Bayelsa and Akwaibom are all in the East but if you wish to exclude them, then use South East rather than East cos they are all located in Eastern part of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 16, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:
Land don’t determine development nor natio

yes, you are right. The resources and people does
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2021
nairalandankrah:
Chop your land nah grin..swim in it..abi you've not heard that sambisa is bigger than the whole of south west?..
How has having a large land mass benefitted the north..?.

Receive sense ijn amen

The land you are talking about is in a desert region and does not support the growth of most plant and also, does not have national resources like crude oil and natural gas, which edo and delta have in abundant

1 Like

Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by iokpebholo: 3:40pm On Apr 16, 2021
NigeriaIsZOO:

You should concentrate more on educating yourself instead of trying to infect others with your ignorance.

Firstly, Eastern Nigeria comprises all five SE states and four SS states.

Secondly, Igbos are also part of your imaginary Bendel state. So if you are saying that Igbos should form their country alone, then why exclude Igbos in the SS and NC?

Thirdly, Bendel or whatever you call it is not a tribe/ethnicity. There are Anioma, Bini, Urhobo, Itshekiri, Ijaw etc. in it, so why add them together for you to amount to something, why not pick out say Bini, Uhrobo or any ethnic group there and compare with Igbos? Or are you all so insignificant and worthless?

Israel is a tiny dot on the world map but they beat the entire Arab world that has 50 times their landmass to stupor.

Congo and Mali are very large countries but you can't compare them to small countries like Morocco, Rwanda, Tunisia etc.

Continue decieving yourself with empty landmass.

You should go play in the sand with your fellow children, kiddo and leave politics for adults.
hahahahahahhq.four south south states indeed.
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 16, 2021
helinues:

I caught you red handed.. Don't shift goal post... You jumped into the conclusion in just half way all in the name of sounding political correct..

Eish!

Poke nose?
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by helinues: 3:44pm On Apr 16, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Poke nose?

Continue spamming the forum with same gibberish...

When you could have mind your business..

Hian
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by 4ckyou: 3:44pm On Apr 16, 2021
bjdon:

God bless you. I really don't understand why anybody thinks the Edo kingdom will have to either be in 'Niger Delta Republic' or 'Odua Republic' Edo has everything needed to be a functional nation. Our population is similar to that of Finland and Denmark, we have fertile land, natural resources and human resources. We can do very well on our own.

We have waters for seaport, we grow lots of crops for agriculture, we are the 6th or 7th largest producer of rice, we are the 6th largest oil producing state, we have refinery, we have rubbers, we were excelling when we were just a kingdom imagine now that we have all this things I measured above apart from agriculture, we will excel abundantly
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by 4ckyou: 3:45pm On Apr 16, 2021
gidgiddy:

Population is far more important than size of land. You can have all the land in the world, but if you dont have the population, you have nothing. You will be a minority

Just the population of Anambra alone is more than that of Delta and Edo states combined.

Oga shut up go and look at statistics, Edo population is higher than anambra, don't say what you don't know

1 Like

Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 16, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:

Germany =80m
Landmass=3.km
Nigeria =200m
Landmass=7.km
So what stop Nigeria from developing
More than Germany
With such population and land mass?
Now I want you to disgrace me
Please stop asking me Foolish question.
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 16, 2021
helinues:

Continue spamming the forum with same gibberish...

When you could have mind your business..

Hian

Accusing others what you are good at..

Poke nose?

So I wonder what you are actually doing here if not gossiping about what is not your business.... improve the standard in Agbara and ogbomosho before looking for who to correct with your certificate of free Education.
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2021
4ckyou:

Oga shut up go and look at statistics, Edo population is higher than anambra, don't say what you don't know

I agree both the witches and Witchcraft.

1 Like

Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by OreMI22: 3:57pm On Apr 16, 2021
Etrusen:
the two states making up bendel (Edo and Delta) are bigger than the entire eastern Nigeria in both land mass and resources

so when talking breaking away from Nigeria, Bendel have what it takes to form a country of their own.

so make Igbo's pack well even if you remove Anioma from Bendel, we still better pass Una

So Edo's and Deltans don't be moved we have what it takes to be a nation considering our historical oneness.

Another faceless Fulani e-warrior.

It pains them so much that if Igbos leave Nigeria, the other groups will not stay ans submit their resources for further Fulani thievery and squandering.

I have never heard Igbos say the reason they want to leave and govern themseles is because of Bendel or Yoruba. They have expressed it openly that it is the suffocating Fulani strangulation and determination to treat southern Nigeria as a conquered territory that must not be developed by Fulani Federal government but must be totally exploited and its resources stolen for Fulani exclusive use that has brought us into the current situation and impending civil war.

Why Fulani fellows in nairaland think writing junk to pitch Igbos Igbos against yoruba or Igbo Igbo against Hausa shows they are desperately out of ideas and their divide and rule strategy in Nigeria has totally collapsed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by AfonjaConehead: 4:04pm On Apr 16, 2021
Etrusen:

Uhundan nokhua,who the fk are you?! I'm a Bendelite and we have no problems with the Igbos....are the Igbos the ones taking all our resources and allocating oil wells to themselves?
Are the the the ones against true federalism and restructuring?
We all want emancipation but only the Igbos are truly vocal about it....in the whole former Bendel,how many serious emancipation group do we have?

The real enemies of Nnamdi Kanu ain't the north but some of us southerners

2 Likes

Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by AfonjaConehead: 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2021
OreMI22:

It pains them so much that if Igbos leave Nigeria, the other groups will not stay ans submit their resources for further Fulani thievery and squandering.

I have never heard Igbos say the reason they want to leave and govern themseles is because of Bendel or Yoruba. They have expressed it openly that it is the suffocating Fulani strangulation and determination to treat southern Nigeria as a conquered territory that must not be developed by Fulani Federal government but must be totally exploited and its resources stolen for Fulani exclusive use that has brought us into the current situation and impending civil war.

Why Fulani fellows in nairaland think writing junk to pitch Igbos Igbos against yoruba or Igbo Igbo against Hausa shows they are desperately out of ideas and their divide and rule strategy in Nigeria has totally collapsed.

I agree totally with you but the bolded us a no no cos the Hausa are part of the south problem. Hausa Fulani are the same.
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2021
OreMI22:

Anyone that have counter opinion is a Fulani. This purely a bad precedent and a weak plus defeated mind at that.

Why can't you go head on and trash the argument with the op from Edo state?

Mba, You left him and be attacking Fulanis on their own.

More like going to war but leaving the enemy to be fighting people at peace on their own.

This Fulani sentiment , u guys really need to cure yourself of that unless you will forever not make any progress.

1 Like

Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by samdunzo: 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2021
My template for a regionalized Nigeria has recently included bendel/midwest. That way, all 3 regions can have access to sea. To settle minority agitations in the east, I would use proportional representation

1 Like

Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by Winnerforever: 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2021
Israel is TINY but MIGHTY.

Nigeria is LARGE but TINY.

Size does not matter.
Re: Bendel Is Bigger Than The Entire SE As A Country by 4ckyou: 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2021
Juliusmalema:

I agree both the witches and Witchcraft.
E no get where witches and wizards no they bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

VAT: Oyo Seeks To Join Rivers State In Suit Against FG / Bandits, Herdsmen On Rampage In Kaduna, Ondo, Plateau; Kill 9, Abduct 12 / Photo Of Sani Abacha A Day Before He Died.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.