Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,325 members, 7,819,113 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 (10716 Views)

36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS / NGF 30-Man Team Visits Lagos To Understudy State’s IGR Template / Nigeria’s Total IGR Drops By 1.93% To ₦1.31trillion In 2020 - NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Simplebeauty: 3:05pm On Apr 16, 2021
grin

grin
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by plaindealer: 3:05pm On Apr 16, 2021
E be like say SW generates half of Nigeria's state IGR..

grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by wpadmin: 3:07pm On Apr 16, 2021
Lagos is a country on it's own.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by kmaster007: 3:08pm On Apr 16, 2021
obembet:
So osun generate more than imo despite all the hotels.. na wa o
deir hotel nah blood money lolz

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 16, 2021
horsepower102:
There was a time when the city of Hong Kong used to be over 40% of the GDP of the whole of China.

But China one day decided to do the right thing and opened up the rest of the economy.

Eventually all the advantages that Hong Kong had slowly wore out.

Today the city of Hong Kong is only 3% of China’s GDP.

This is what will happen one day to Lagos.

Enjoy the monopoly and the uneven playing field while it lasts.
Good point. The blind rhetoric won't understand what will or would've happened if all coastal states have standard ports with level playing operation in all the ports. OBJ instead of upgrading the whole power of Nigeria ended up taking enough pipeline and installing enough generators and power stations that sustain the maximum demand of companies in Lagos and Ogun states.
Kano had more industries than any other state in Nigeria around 1999 but with the sinister move & conspiracies of OBJ Kano has hundreds industries closed with many jobs lost.
Lots of evil is happening in this country unknown to e-warriors!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:10pm On Apr 16, 2021
OjukuwuHusband:

Tinubu isn't perfect politician, but we have to make do with what we have.... at least he is a 100000 times better than obasanjo. Still, I agree with you....we need to wake up.

Please don't even mention Tinubu,
You already know how that chapter would end,
only the few around him would become richer, nobody would go to jail, corruption would get worse
yorubas would spend 4-8 years defending Tinubu since he is our kinsman while we collectively get more miserable,
same old story
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Ayomi90: 3:10pm On Apr 16, 2021
horsepower102:
There was a time when the city of Hong Kong used to be over 40% of the GDP of the whole of China.

But China one day decided to do the right thing and opened up the rest of the economy.

Even when there was no monopoly Lagos and other Yoruba states have been doing well, are u aware that the Western region do lend the Federal Government money back in d days?

10 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by hatakekakashi: 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2021
IGR does not translate to reality. With all ogun IGR they still have bad roads
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by plaindealer: 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2021
horsepower102:

Going by your story about China and HK, exactly how is such a scenario applicable here in Nigeria? Is it when Nigeria breaks up or how? Or when the FG annex Lagos to be part of Nigeria which Lagos is already is.

I don't get that illogical and upside-down scenario.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Please don't even mention Tinubu,
You already know how that chapter would end,
only the few around him would become richer, nobody would go to jail, corruption would get worse
yorubas would spend 4-8 years defending Tinubu since he is our kinsman while we collectively get more miserable,
same old story

We can argue all day.....but lagos isn't complete without the efforts of tinubu, the people he has raised politically, how he stood by abiola and ran lagos even when obasanjo denied him federal allocation.... there's no perfect politician, but he's far better than most from other regions.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by plaindealer: 3:18pm On Apr 16, 2021
hatakekakashi:
IGR does not translate to reality. With all ogun IGR they still have bad roads

lol...

Even America the richest country and largest economy in the world get bad roads.

Please, bad road doesn't change IGR facts and figures.

It is not by force to comment.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Minjim: 3:19pm On Apr 16, 2021
And what has those managing Lagos done with all these revenue earned?

Later some ill-informed people will start comparing Lagos any State in Nigeria.

If you want to be objective compare Lagos with Joburg, Nairobi, Cairo, etc. These are cities earning IGR in the region of Lagos State.
Look at those cities and compare their facilities with Lagos .

1 Like

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 3:19pm On Apr 16, 2021
Wickedfacts:

But you are typing this from Lagos.

How do you know I am typing this from lagos, I am in another continent.

What is the problem with u people must everything be about politics.

Lagos is supposed to be like Singapore with the money they make, let us ask questions

I was born and raise in lagos and I studied in the west and I have the right to ask questions, if yorubas in London are occupying public positions in the UK why can't igbos born In lagos talk about lagos

By right I am a yoruba nation citizen

But I am more interested in my father's land now biafran land, because guess what even if I was born in lagos to the yorubas I am still an omo nna and to the fulanis I am still biafran boys

I am not a follow follow zombie and I ask questions and I do not not like any South Eastern politician the only man I like is Peter obi and the rest are under the boots of the fulanis

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by plaindealer: 3:19pm On Apr 16, 2021
With or without Lagos, SW is still economically sound.

...but see SE struggling with war-ravaged NE at the bottom.

Na wa o..

9 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by YorubarLord: 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2021
Yoruba land is the one carrying all the baggage for Nigeria not even the oyel noise makers in the Niger delta now that oil companies are leaving Nigeria or the eastern noise makers with their barren land. No wonder they hate yoruba people so much, na inferiority complex. The day yoruba has had enough with Nigeria is the day this country falls apart cos we are the real Nigeria not these northern and eastern parasites grin YORUBA LAGBA IYALAYA YIN.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by hatakekakashi: 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2021
plaindealer:

lol...

Even America the richest country and largest economy in the world get bad roads.

Please, bad road doesn't change IGR facts and figures.

It is not by force to comment.
Ok. But I prefer a state with low IGR and good infrastructure than the other way round

1 Like

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by OVB123: 3:22pm On Apr 16, 2021
Lagbaja88:
Of which tinubu gets 10% in many states with alpha brta lol
Tinubu this, Tinubu that!
Abeg leave Him alone and go face your kerosine and drunk governors.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Delpeiro: 3:23pm On Apr 16, 2021
Ikpeazu no go die beta!!
1.4 gini.
Ikpeazu na bastard

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Minjim: 3:23pm On Apr 16, 2021
Biafranboys:

How do you know I am typing this from lagos, I am in another continent.

What is the problem with u people must everything be about politics.

Lagos is supposed to be like Singapore with the money they make, let us ask questions

I was born and raise in lagos and I studied in the west and I have the right to ask questions, if yorubas in London are occupying public positions in the UK why can't igbos born In lagos talk about lagos

By right I am a yoruba nation citizen

But I am more interested in my father's land now biafran land, because guess what even if I was born in lagos to the yorubas I am still an omo nna and to the fulanis I am still biafran boys

I am not a follow follow zombie and I ask questions and I do not not like any South Eastern politician the only man I like is Peter obi and the rest are under the boots of the fulanis

Thank you my brother.

I don't know why some people can't reason beyond political party, ethnic and religion.

The money being made is Lagos is not commensurate to what we see on ground when we compare Lagos to other African cities like Nairobi, Joburg, Cairo, Algiers
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by plaindealer: 3:24pm On Apr 16, 2021
The geopolitical region with the highest internally generated revenue in H1 2020 was the South-West region with an IGR of N283.06bn

https://www.proshareng.com/news/State%20and%20Local%20Govts%20/The-New-Normal--States-Scurry-for-Higher/53762

No competition.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by yemmight(m): 3:25pm On Apr 16, 2021
They should merge some states I beg.
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by plaindealer: 3:25pm On Apr 16, 2021
hatakekakashi:

Ok. But I prefer a state with low IGR and good infrastructure than the other way round

And which state is that?

Comedian..

grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 3:26pm On Apr 16, 2021
Minjim:

Thank you my brother.

I don't know why some people can't reason beyond political party, ethnic and religion.

The money being made is Lagos is not commensurate to what we see on ground when we compare Lagos to other African cities like Nairobi, Joburg, Cairo, Algiers

Exactly I am a humanist and I don't follow politicians because they are all the same the only person I admire Is Peter obi and if he mess up I will say it and I can't die for any politician.

With the amount of money igbos have I swear we should have a mini dubai in igbo land

No accountability in lagos because it is been run like north Korea, greedy men

1 Like

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2021
horsepower102:

Your oil producing states receive 13% from oil revenues yet nothing to write home about......you simply can't give what you don't have even if you're given all the tools and resources.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2021
Delpeiro:
Ikpeazu no go die beta!!
1.4 gini.
Ikpeazu na bastard

Is that one a governor
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by YorubarLord: 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2021
Yes ooo with our brown roofs and their mansion in biafuro potopoto republic. grin
obembet:
So osun generate more than imo despite all the hotels.. na wa o

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:28pm On Apr 16, 2021
OjukuwuHusband:

We can argue all day.....but lagos isn't complete without the efforts of tinubu, the people he has raised politically, how he stood by abiola and ran lagos even when obasanjo denied him federal allocation.... there's no perfect politician, but he's far better than most from other regions.

Una don start again with this image laundry, when Abiola wanted to be president, Tinubu didn't believe in Nigeria, I won't say more than that,
By people he raised politically, I am guessing you are talking about Aregbesola and co?
The most brilliant of his appointees was probably Ambode and he we all know how that turned out,
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by YorubarLord: 3:29pm On Apr 16, 2021
Yet they have the audacity to talk trash about yoruba people when the flee their barren lands. Bloody economic refugees grin
Ayomi90:
Reason y Flat heads ar trooping in, better ask to know what the Yoruba ppl did so u can implement such in ur region. God bless Oodua ppl.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by plaindealer: 3:29pm On Apr 16, 2021
Minjim:

Thank you my brother.

The population in Nairobi is 4 Million.

Lagos is 20 Million.

Give Nairobi 20 Million people then come back and repost your illogical comparison.

Sad enough, I'd think you people should be more concerned about your own kerosene, wheelbarrow and kerosene villages with useless governors.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 3:30pm On Apr 16, 2021
YorubarLord:
Yoruba land is the one carrying all the baggage for Nigeria not even the oyel noise makers in the Niger delta now that oil companies are leaving Nigeria or the eastern noise makers with their barren land. No wonder they hate yoruba people so much, na inferiority complex. The day yoruba has had enough with Nigeria is the day this country falls apart cos we are the real Nigeria not these northern and eastern parasites grin YORUBA LAGBA IYALAYA YIN.

Lots of igbos are in support of yoruba nation. The only people holding Nigeria together is the yorubas and the only people enjoying Nigeria are the yorubas. Lagos is a money making machine.

I said to the yorubas make up your damn mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Charly68: 3:30pm On Apr 16, 2021
Lagos is operating digital economy...they have systematized their accounting system to block loopholes ..why won't they excel.? Others should follow suit and stop using eighteen century system in a 21st century economy

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 3:30pm On Apr 16, 2021
Minjim:
And what has those managing Lagos done with all these revenue earned?

Later some ill-informed people will start comparing Lagos any State in Nigeria.

If you want to be objective compare Lagos with Joburg, Nairobi, Cairo, etc. These are cities earning IGR in the region of Lagos State.
Look at those cities and compare their facilities with Lagos .

Lagos is a dictatorship run like North korea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Umahi Holds Rally In Ebonyi, Gives 3,480 Youths ₦2.6 Billion Startup Capital / I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman / Cut Cost Of Governance – Bishop Ajakaiye Tasks Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.