Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,287 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 (10714 Views)

36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS / NGF 30-Man Team Visits Lagos To Understudy State’s IGR Template / Nigeria’s Total IGR Drops By 1.93% To ₦1.31trillion In 2020 - NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Deadlytruth(m): 3:14am On Apr 17, 2021
OVB123:

You are truly reading my mind. My only fear is that in Edo state now, there is already a perception that whenever a Bini man (Edo south) takes over the reigned of leadership in Edo state, the state always moved backward and I am beginning to think that way too.
The early Gov. Obaseki sit up, the better for him because right now most of the roads he is constructing are substandard and may not likely stand the test of time. The Edo Best his bragging about is a total failure because most of the schools in Edo don't have enough teachers.
Night life in Benin City is gone because no street lights to make the capital visible at night.
The water fountain built by Oshiomhole has been destroyed by his administration.
Sometimes, I wish if the Constitution will allow Oshiomhole to come back to office again and I personally vote for Him.
I just pray that God helps us oooo because this is not what we bargained for.
Per the bolded, If you can recall, that line was actually used to campaign against General Charles Airhiavbare in 2012 Edo guber election and those who tried to use it cited the tenures of Oyegun and Lucky Igbinedion to substantiate it. However some of us quickly countered that narrative by citing Ogbemudia's administration. But with the way things are going in the hands of the current incumbent, those in that school of thought might have gotten a third example for their claim while those of opposing view still have only Ogbemudia as counter example.
Some of the roads he constructed in my own LGA already have so many failed portions as against Oshiomhole's own that have remained totally intact even though they are almost 4 years older and carry heavier traffic.
As per the Edo Best thing: one would have expected that sequel to Oshiomhole's comprehensive renovation of nearly all the public primary and secondary schools across the state, Obaseki should have complemented those efforts by focusing on employing teachers into these schools in the last four years but till today most of the schools are being run by PTAs and Old boys and Old girls Associations in terms of teachers recruitment and payment of their salaries. This leaves one wondering what the whole essence of Edo Best actually is. Moreover he has been sponsoring vacancy adverts claiming that he is trying to bring in professional handlers and high quality teachers nto the education sector of the state as if such will not demand heavier financial burden than the normal teachers recruitment he has refused to do for more than four years now.
The Benin City nightlife ceasure issue is another failure which has defined his administration since inception.
Just yesterday he began to talk about fashioning out a 30 year development plan for the state. Apart from the mere rhetorics value of this, fashioning out a development plan without any cabinet to provide inputs is at best comical.
In all if Obaseki really ends up not being what was bargained for, the blame will be on Oshiomhole who imposed him on the party in 2016 against all wise counsels from well-meaning Edo State stakeholders

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by 9jaRealist: 3:51am On Apr 17, 2021
Lanrelagboi:
’b]The internally generated revenue (IGR) recorded by Lagos state in 2020 is higher than 28 other states combined.[/b]

This is despite lockdown measures imposed in the state due to COVID-19.

According to the 2020 IGR report released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) on Friday, Lagos generated a total of N418.98 billion, representing 32.08 percent of N1.3 trillion — total IGR generated by states and the federal capital territory (FCT).

EKO ONI BAJE!! cool
>
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by OVB123: 3:54am On Apr 17, 2021
Deadlytruth:

Per the bolded, If you can recall, that line was actually used to campaign against General Charles Airhiavbare in 2012 Edo guber election and those who tried to use it cited the tenures of Oyegun and Lucky Igbinedion to substantiate it. However some of us quickly countered that narrative by citing Ogbemudia's administration. But with the way things are going in the hands of the current incumbent, those in that school of thought might have gotten a third example for their claim while those of opposing view still have only Ogbemudia as counter example.
Some of the roads he constructed in my own LGA already have so many failed portions as against Oshiomhole's own that have remained totally intact even though they are almost 4 years older and carry heavier traffic.
As per the Edo Best thing: one would have expected that sequel to Oshiomhole's comprehensive renovation of nearly all the public primary and secondary schools across the state, Obaseki should have complemented those efforts by focusing on employing teachers into these schools in the last four years but till today most of the schools are being run by PTAs and Old boys and Old girls Associations in terms of teachers recruitment and payment of their salaries. This leaves one wondering what the whole essence of Edo Best actually is. Moreover he has been sponsoring vacancy adverts claiming that he is trying to bring in professional handlers and high quality teachers nto the education sector of the state as if such will not demand heavier financial burden than the normal teachers recruitment he has refused to do for more than four years now.
The Benin City nightlife ceasure issue is another failure which has defined his administration since inception.
Just yesterday he began to talk about fashioning out a 30 year development plan for the state. Apart from the mere rhetorics value of this, fashioning out a development plan without any cabinet to provide inputs is at best comical.
In all if Obaseki really ends up not being what was bargained for, the blame will be on Oshiomhole who imposed him on the party in 2016 against all wise counsels from well-meaning Edo State stakeholders
My brother let us leave everything for God and also be hopeful that before his last 4 years come to an end, he will bring different approach to his style governance.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by OgahBohz: 6:00am On Apr 17, 2021
Lagbaja88:
Of which tinubu gets 10% in many states with alpha brta lol
Exactly my point, Kano with all the allocation it takes see wetin e de generate ..
Kano takes the second Highest Rev in Nigeria just because it has 44local govt ..

las las we go devide
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by OgahBohz: 6:02am On Apr 17, 2021
Aaa007:
winkelrufai is really working.
despite Corona he still improved kaduna igr .
I don't know y people hate this guy bt lagos is supposed to be a country of its own. kano really Bleep up angry
Exactly my point, Kano with all the allocation it takes see wetin e de generate ..
Kano takes the second Highest Rev in Nigeria just because it has 44local govt ..

las las we go devide
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by OgahBohz: 6:09am On Apr 17, 2021
SmartPolician:

You cannot judge with 2020 stats. Coronavirus pandemic disrupted economic activities all over the country. I'm sure these figures won't be the same for 2021.
which state is the most hit of covid19 in Nigeria?
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Bluntemperor: 6:16am On Apr 17, 2021
horsepower102:
There was a time when the city of Hong Kong used to be over 40% of the GDP of the whole of China.

But China one day decided to do the right thing and opened up the rest of the economy.

Eventually all the advantages that Hong Kong had slowly wore out.

Today the city of Hong Kong is only 3% of China’s GDP.

This is what will happen one day to Lagos.

Enjoy the monopoly and the uneven playing field while it lasts.

Are you cursing, dreaming or why are you negative?
Lagos is the Center of ALL Coastal-Ship Landing for West Africa and the African Continent- for easy access enroute to Nigeria.
- the best for you is to remove the Oceans and the waters.
- Lagos to London,Eur
ope and New York is the shortest route in the Aviation Industry,since you don't know,you can create artificial ones!
God bless Lagos State
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Sammy07: 6:21am On Apr 17, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

Governors in the south-east are either unperturbed about improving their revenue receipts, or they’re just incapable of doing it!

Most likely they didn't report it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by emperor863(m): 7:35am On Apr 17, 2021
MrMaestro:

Yorubas are not business minded, yet three of their states are in the top 6 of highest IGR.

Yorubas are not business minded, yet they have more tech billionaires than all other regions combined. (Flutterwave, Paystack, Calendly, etc.)

Yorubas are not business minded, yet a Yoruba man runs a private equity firm that BOUGHT Gatwick Airport in London

Yorubas are not business minded, yet they have the most economically viable region in the entire country.

Guy, there aren't more Igbos in the southwest than there is in the south east. If igbos were greater business men, the higher concentration of Igbos in the south east should at least make the SE second to the SW in IGR. Instead they're second to last. You all need to face reality. Yorubas are better at business, and creating structure and organization as a group. Igbos are good at being solopreneurs. That doesn't build a business and it certainly doesn't build a nation. You need to understand the difference between the two.

There is even more to this. The so called "solopreneurs" work and act like the Italian mafioso. They finance legit businesses with illegitimate activities. Nearly all of them do. I know hundreds of them doing this all over the south west. Talk of adulteration of products, producing fake items to be sold to unsuspecting public, outright stealing, prostitution, operating baby factories, running drugs cartels and chiefly kidnapping.

Taking advantage of the underdeveloped investigative and prosecution capacity of the country, they often escape from being detected and punished. A case study is one of them who is a well know solopreneur in Osogbo. He was caught red handed at an armed robbery scene in Ekijti state. The matter is still being tossed from one court to another, nearly ten years after and going by past activities, he may go scot free as Evans the kidnapper will one day be free.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by sojfarm: 11:01am On Apr 17, 2021
harjay1986:

the only reason i wont reffer to you as bastard is only if you pay your tax, to Lagos state but if not your generation ar fucckkkking bassstard

I know you are caged in the coven of Tinubu. You better go for deliverance before it is too late.

So because I do not work nor live Ogun state, I have no right to complain about corruption in Ogun State, rigth?

You are a waste!!!!
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by harjay1986: 12:15pm On Apr 17, 2021
sojfarm:

I know you are caged in the coven of Tinubu. You better go for deliverance before it is too late.

So because I do not work nor live Ogun state, I have no right to complain about corruption in Ogun State, rigth?

You are a waste!!!!

have you complain about the one in your state .... you people are just fool calling out peoples names,if you call till eternity it wont change anything .. you better wakeup from your deep sleep and focus on how you are goin to make it in life Tinubu is old already and has achieved enough to be remember ... if he be a president today it just a plus ....

stop hating on people properity work out your own and stop blaming game

if you are to be the one ruling Lagos during obasanjo tenure you would have sucumb to pressure now

I put it to you that you should mention one politician in Nigeria that is not a thief....

from your statement if you are giving opportunity to rule Lagos state I say it nothing will materialise

yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by sojfarm: 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2021
harjay1986:

have you complain about the one in your state .... you people are just fool calling out peoples names,if you call till eternity it wont change anything .. you better wakeup from your deep sleep and focus on how you are goin to make it in life Tinubu is old already and has achieved enough to be remember ... if he be a president today it just a plus ....

stop hating on people properity work out your own and stop blaming game

if you are to be the one ruling Lagos during obasanjo tenure you would have sucumb to pressure now

I put it to you that you should mention one politician in Nigeria that is not a thief....

from your statement if you are giving opportunity to rule Lagos state I say it nothing will materialise

yeye dey smell

I undertand your frutration. You are so glued to the bad system to the extent that you believe that nobody can live decently without stealing. What a pervasion.

Another one, you are so caged to believe that everyine that makes decenting comment on your thief mentor is from the East and they should go and save thier state first. As such you are delusioned.

Every body is a gobal citizen, so liberate your self from the self bondage you have sentenced your self and possibly other gullibles around you.

As the Lord lives and His Spirit is alive, in the order of Pharao and his chariots, God almighty shall soon conduct mass baptism of destruction for all that are making life difficult for the peaceful people of the Yoruba Nation, Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

11 People Slumped At APC Presidential Primary – Ambulance Operator / PDP Optimistic About Winning Osun Governorship Election / PDP Holds Rally In Ilorin West LG, Kwara State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.