Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 (10703 Views)

36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS / NGF 30-Man Team Visits Lagos To Understudy State’s IGR Template / Nigeria’s Total IGR Drops By 1.93% To ₦1.31trillion In 2020 - NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 4:01pm On Apr 16, 2021
MrMaestro:

Are you dumb? Population is a huge burden when placed on a tiny land mass. There's a reason why countries have immigration borders and barriers. Otherwise they would just allow any and everyone to enter to have the biggest population. China has a huge landmass. Lagos does not. This is common sense

Population is not a problem in lagos abeg, if you are talking of population issues try Hong Kong.

Land full lagos just that greedy people choose to corner all the land

One person would build his house on a land that can accommodate hundred of peeps
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:01pm On Apr 16, 2021
OjukuwuHusband:

Lagos accommodates people are other tribes in Nigeria, there's a reason people come to lagos to make it. There are slums even in New York, Dubai and most cities

Jakande bridged the gap between the poor and the rich,
Tinubu and co created an apartheid system in Lagos just like the British did with Victoria Island, where the whites and their warrant cheifs were seperated from the black masses,
You need to be awake to see these things,
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by plaindealer: 4:01pm On Apr 16, 2021
Biafranboys:
Imagine a south Eastern country with sea ports and a major international airport.Trust me the IGR would drop unless lagos continue double taxation.

Imagine a mega city like lagos with no 24hrs electricity.. So called mega city

Even during regional administration when you ran your own affairs, the SW was still at the top

You have airport in the east and you have your river port and according to you, you also have access to the Ocean so build your own port, other states are building theirs so what is the problem?

All you people so is talk talk and talk, but can never so anything.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:02pm On Apr 16, 2021
Biafranboys:

If only mc oluomo can be like Sunday ighoho osha trust me lagos would be like Singapore, oluomo was even more popular than Sunday, lagos is a dictatorship take it or leave it

What da heck are you talking about?
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by OlawaleBammie: 4:02pm On Apr 16, 2021
Biafranboys:

How do you know I am typing this from lagos, I am in another continent.

What is the problem with u people must everything be about politics.

Lagos is supposed to be like Singapore with the money they make, let us ask questions

I was born and raise in lagos and I studied in the west and I have the right to ask questions, if yorubas in London are occupying public positions in the UK why can't igbos born In lagos talk about lagos

By right I am a yoruba nation citizen

But I am more interested in my father's land now biafran land, because guess what even if I was born in lagos to the yorubas I am still an omo nna and to the fulanis I am still biafran boys

I am not a follow follow zombie and I ask questions and I do not not like any South Eastern politician the only man I like is Peter obi and the rest are under the boots of the fulanis

Ike seriously brov i love u, i love how u reason, tho i am yoruba but i love ur response cus even if i were u, this would also be my response.

Thump up bro.
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by ThatFairGuy1: 4:03pm On Apr 16, 2021
I thought Anambra is the most industrious State in Nigeria as claimed by our dear CHESTBEATERS from that known Region. Why now on number 10 angry

Yoruba Muslim must have written the index, Anambra is more industrialized than Ogun State angry

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Deadlytruth(m): 4:04pm On Apr 16, 2021
horsepower102:
There was a time when the city of Hong Kong used to be over 40% of the GDP of the whole of China.

But China one day decided to do the right thing and opened up the rest of the economy.

Eventually all the advantages that Hong Kong had slowly wore out.

Today the city of Hong Kong is only 3% of China’s GDP.

This is what will happen one day to Lagos.

Enjoy the monopoly and the uneven playing field while it lasts.
The Hong Kong vs China analogy may not hold here because there was a time in history when the Yoruba political leadership moved a motion to have federal capital moved out of Yorubaland entirely to the Eastern Region but the Eastern political elite sabotaged that motion in the federal parliament because they feared losing the premise on which they were agitating that Lagos be declared a no-man's-land. Had they not nursed such greedy intention against Lagos, the Old Eastern Region would have enjoyed federal capital and its economic stimulus advantages for roughly an equal length of time as Lagos hence the uneven playing field you complain about would never have been.
People must learn to live with the consequences of their choices.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by MrMaestro: 4:05pm On Apr 16, 2021
Biafranboys:

Igbos are travelers and business minded and they can even invest in Iraq as long as there is money to be made.

For me I believe anywhere u live is your home

But check this out if igbos decide to leave South West trust me una go feel am, who would fill the gap.. Fulanis?? Yorubas are not business minded, yorubas like soup way Don done

Igbos can develop a forest and turn it into a city

Igbos are almost like the Chinese the difference is Chinese always go back home. And build

Igbos do not lay claim to land, if you sell me your land I am the owner and not you, how do you own a land you sold to me?
Yorubas are not business minded, yet three of their states are in the top 6 of highest IGR.

Yorubas are not business minded, yet they have more tech billionaires than all other regions combined. (Flutterwave, Paystack, Calendly, etc.)

Yorubas are not business minded, yet a Yoruba man runs a private equity firm that BOUGHT Gatwick Airport in London

Yorubas are not business minded, yet they have the most economically viable region in the entire country.

Guy, there aren't more Igbos in the southwest than there is in the south east. If igbos were greater business men, the higher concentration of Igbos in the south east should at least make the SE second to the SW in IGR. Instead they're second to last. You all need to face reality. Yorubas are better at business, and creating structure and organization as a group. Igbos are good at being solopreneurs. That doesn't build a business and it certainly doesn't build a nation. You need to understand the difference between the two.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Solsix(m): 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2021
SmartPolician:

You cannot judge with 2020 stats.
Coronavirus pandemic disrupted economic activities all over the country.
I'm sure these figures won't be the same for 2021.
See your argument, covid-19 affected all states, even if you use another state u still notice that kano is doing badly
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2021
AmazingELixir:

What is there to debate with a bigot...its utterly useless.

I am not a bigot I am. Actually smarter than you, I choose to ask questions and reason with my brain and not with a tribalistic brain
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by jaxxy(m): 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2021
Gbajure:

For argument sake let's assume you are correct, is it not better for other state to be using Lagos template then even with the 10%? If that will help the states to raise their IGR astronomically like Lagos did, from a nera comatose state in 1999 to the 4th largest economy in Africa.

And b4 you shouted ports FG assets and industries,
1. only Island was the Federal Capital not Lagos state.
2. Corporate including VAT go to FG not to state govt. Only the PAYE goes to d states.

The ripple effects of a former capital territory can not be quantified along with Tripple taxation policies.

Lagos is a special status state.
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by OlawaleBammie: 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2021
Biafranboys:

Lots of igbos are in support of yoruba nation. The only people holding Nigeria together is the yorubas and the only people enjoying Nigeria are the yorubas. Lagos is a money making machine.

I said to the yorubas make up your damn mind
Hmm, pls wait bro, at the emboldened, pls how can u conclude that the second part is tru.??
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Newton85: 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2021
Aaa007:
winkelrufai is really working.
despite Corona he still improved kaduna igr .
I don't know y people hate this guy bt lagos is supposed to be a country of its own. kano really Bleep up angry
I think El-Rufai's undoing is the Fulanicentric ethnocentrism. Dude is a bright chap.
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by MrMaestro: 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
I thought Anambra is the most industrious State in Nigeria as claimed by our dear CHESTBEATERS from that known Region. Why now on number 10 angry

Yoruba Muslim must have just written the index, Anambra is more industrialized than Ogun State angry
I've come to the realization that Igbos live in self delusion and fantasy land. They struggle with dealing with reality and would rather tell themselves lies than deal with issues at hand. All of those flaws will become crystal clear when this country splits.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Newton85: 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2021
horsepower102:
There was a time when the city of Hong Kong used to be over 40% of the GDP of the whole of China.

But China one day decided to do the right thing and opened up the rest of the economy.

Sorry, what's the "Monopoly and uneven playing field" that Lagos is enjoying?
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by OlawaleBammie: 4:16pm On Apr 16, 2021
Biafranboys:

Igbos are travelers and business minded and they can even invest in Iraq as long as there is money to be made.

But check this out if igbos decide to leave South West trust me una go feel am, who would fill the gap.. Fulanis?? Yorubas are not business minded, yorubas like soup way Don done

Igbos are almost like the Chinese the difference is Chinese always go back home. And build

Igbos do not lay claim to land, if you sell me your land I am the owner and not you, how do you own a land you sold to me?
This statement is funny grin

Well, u re right about feeling the heat if ibos leave yorubaland sha, i cant deny that.

But wait o, not all yorubas love done soup oo grin

Many of us are also business minded o, come to southsouth and find us aplenty.

Anyways ts good to meet you sha, like seriously i love ur analysis, its devoid of tribal jargons.
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 4:17pm On Apr 16, 2021
MrMaestro:

Yorubas are not business minded, yet three of their states are in the top 6 of highest IGR.

Yorubas are not business minded, yet they have more tech billionaires than all other regions combined. (Flutterwave, Paystack, Calendly, etc.)

Yorubas are not business minded, yet a Yoruba man runs a private equity firm that BOUGHT Gatwick Airport in London

Yorubas are not business minded, yet they have the most economically viable region in the entire country.

Guy, there aren't more Igbos in the southwest than there is in the south east. If igbos were greater business men, the higher concentration of Igbos in the south east should at least make the SE second to the SW in IGR. Instead they're second to last. You all need to face reality. Yorubas are better at business, and creating structure and organization as a group. Igbos are good at being solopreneurs. That doesn't build a business and it certainly doesn't build a nation. You need to understand the difference between the two.

Why do we keep arguing about something that is an open secret, I was born and breed in lagos and I know what I am saying.

Yorubas have an economic region because of other tribes, all tribes make the yoruba economy boom even the fulanis with their cows

Fulanis stopped pepper flow and people was crying

There is double taxation in lagos don't you get it, igbos can't take that nonsense in the south east

Do you think the yoruba man is the sole owner of the airport? Lol.. Bros na person day under masquerade.

Na people give dangote money, even innoson he is not the sole owner
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Tareq1105: 4:18pm On Apr 16, 2021
horsepower102:

God pass you. It's your wishful thinking.
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by plaindealer: 4:18pm On Apr 16, 2021
Biafranboys:

Except for the fact that you haven't developed anything in your lies, not even your own region with 3 out of the world's dirtiest and the most polluted cities.

Comedians.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Deadlytruth(m): 4:19pm On Apr 16, 2021
Coronabirus:

Good point. The blind rhetoric won't understand what will or would've happened if all coastal states have standard ports with level playing operation in all the ports. OBJ instead of upgrading the whole power of Nigeria ended up taking enough pipeline and installing enough generators and power stations that sustain the maximum demand of companies in Lagos and Ogun states.
Kano had more industries than any other state in Nigeria around 1999 but with the sinister move & conspiracies of OBJ Kano has hundreds industries closed with many jobs lost.
Lots of evil is happening in this country unknown to e-warriors!
Unfortunately despite the warnings from Obasanjo's own kinsmen in 1999 against electing Obasanjo based on the his horrible antecedents as being part of the architects of Nigeria's woes hence the wrongest choice for a genuinely new beginning and clean breakaway from the dark past; the North, East and SS now complaining of Obasanjo's misrule and economic nepotism went ahead to give him bloc votes on the self-delusional gimmick that he was a patriot and detribalised Nigerian thus implicitly claiming they knew Obasanjo more than his own people. Who then has posterity vindicated today based on these submissions of yours above? people must learn to live with the consequences of their choices.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by humblegbolahan: 4:21pm On Apr 16, 2021
Lanrelagboi:
The internally generated revenue (IGR) recorded by Lagos state in 2020 is higher than 28 other states combined.

This is despite lockdown measures imposed in the state due to COVID-19.

According to the 2020 IGR report released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) on Friday, Lagos generated a total of N418.98 billion, representing 32.08 percent of N1.3 trillion — total IGR generated by states and the federal capital territory (FCT).
What amaze me is that Kano Gov want special status for Kano when their IGR not up to River,Ogun and the rest
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 4:21pm On Apr 16, 2021
OlawaleBammie:

This statement is funny grin

Well, u re right about feeling the heat if ibos leave yorubaland sha, i cant deny that.

But wait o, not all yorubas love done soup oo grin

Many of us are also business minded o, come to southsouth and find us aplenty.

Anyways ts good to meet you sha, like seriously i love ur analysis, its devoid of tribal jargons.

Only a fool would engage in tribal sentiments. I just discovered my own identity now and trust me many igbos are lost.

My eyes open when a cct danladi called people biafran boys and I realised that no matter what I do I am still a biafran boy

Igbos love the west because we think alike and we understand each other

I do not trust any politicians and I can never die for one
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2021
plaindealer:

Except for the fact that you haven't developed anything in your lies, not even your own region with 3 out of the world's dirtiest and the most polluted cities.

Comedians.

This is why I am calling on igbos go back home and build go home, leave lagos and Abuja alone
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Newton85: 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2021
MrMaestro:

Guy, there aren't more Igbos in the southwest than there is in the south east. If igbos were greater business men, the higher concentration of Igbos in the south east should at least make the SE second to the SW in IGR. Instead they're second to last. You all need to face reality. Yorubas are better at business, and creating structure and organization as a group. Igbos are good at being solopreneurs. That doesn't build a business and it certainly doesn't build a nation. You need to understand the difference betweentheyry two.
Owning 2-by-2 shops is what the buffoon thinks what being "business-minded" is, lol. It's all chest-beating, we know them.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by africanusvu(m): 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2021
Only one state in the south contributing 32%of nig IGR while ganduje's north contribute over 80% of Nigeria population,and one nijairia is a must

1 Like

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Newton85: 4:24pm On Apr 16, 2021
MrMaestro:
I've come to the realization that Igbos live in self delusion and fantasy land. They struggle with dealing with reality and would rather tell themselves lies than deal with issues at hand. All of those flaws will become crystal clear when this country splits.
It's a known fact that Eboes suffer from mass psychosis na.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by flokii: 4:24pm On Apr 16, 2021
This is an eye opener for Yorubas to wake up.. we run this corruption ridden country and feed the hungry parasites we're surrounded by.

Look at the noisemakers who developed Asia, Amelica, U.K you name it struggling at the bottom of the table, contributing absolutely nothing but crime and criminal attrocities to the economy.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by OlawaleBammie: 4:25pm On Apr 16, 2021
Biafranboys:

Only a fool would engage in tribal sentiments. I just discovered my own identity now and trust me many igbos are lost.

My eyes open when a cct danladi called people biafran boys and I realised that no matter what I do I am still a biafran boy

Igbos love the west because we think alike and we understand each other

I do not trust any politicians and I can never die for one
hmmm, how i wish grin
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by humblegbolahan: 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2021
Deadlytruth:

Unfortunately despite the warnings from Obasanjo's own kinsmen in 1999 against electing Obasanjo, the North, East and SS now complaining of Obasanjo's misrule and economic nepotism went ahead to give him bloc votes on the self-delusional gimmick that he was a patriot and detribalised Nigerian thus implicitly claiming they knew Obasanjo more than his own people. Who then has posterity vindicated today based on these submissions of yours above?
I quotes you sir,Obj do more harm in his region than any other region, what help south west is the foundation that Awolowo created.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2021
OlawaleBammie:

Hmm, pls wait bro, at the emboldened, pls how can u conclude that the second part is tru.??

Yes because if the yorubas say we want a country the fulanis can't fight on 2 fronts and remember lagos airport is the largest in Nigeria forget about Abuja airport and apapa port the largest. All igbos from all Over must land in Abuja or lagos.infact all tribes apart from fulanis I think they have their own functional airport

I support yoruba nation but they must make up their mind and make it happen, do you know why igboho osha is still a free man? The fulanis are scared. Lol

If they touch am, they are finished

Do you know why the fulanis are not killing southerns in retaliation it is because they know Nigeria is already on the verge now, we own them now. If they cough. Nigeria is gone

Middlebelt, Niger delta and igbos and even the binis are ready to support the yorubas, so please let them make up their mind. We have all been scammed for too long

1 Like

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by MrMaestro: 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2021
Biafranboys:

Why do we keep arguing about something that is an open secret, I was born and breed in lagos and I know what I am saying.

Yorubas have an economic region because of other tribes, all tribes make the yoruba economy boom even the fulanis with their cows

Fulanis stopped pepper flow and people was crying

There is double taxation in lagos don't you get it, igbos can't take that nonsense in the south east

Do you think the yoruba man is the sole owner of the airport? Lol.. Bros na person day under masquerade.

Na people give dangote money, even innoson he is not the sole owner
No one said he was the sole owner, reading is fundamental. I said he RUNS the Private Equity firm. Which is my point. Yorubas are in LEADERSHIP positions in companies and governmental agencies and are successful both in Nigeria and OUTSIDE of Nigeria. That's not by accident. I didn't even mention the Chairman of the African Development Bank, yes, another Yoruba.

And every region has other tribes. But many PREFER the southwest because the leaders of that region have created a more economically viable climate than all other regions combined. That's a fact. If the north or FCT had a better economic region, people would go there instead. But they don't because it can't compare. And before you bring up Lagos, do understand that Ogun is also very high up on that list. Unless you now want to say Ogun is developing because of other tribes? Lol you Igbos just refuse to deal with reality and just love making excuses for Yoruba success. Yet continue to ignore the fact that the East is second to last in IGR. Why is that?

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by naijaking1: 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2021
...and Tinubu takes how much of the IGR?
So, he takes the equivalence of more than 10 states IGR with his yellow teeth?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Delta State Of the West , see the tribe in delta state, No igbo ThisGlob e.com / I’ll Be Among First To Implement New Minimum Wage — Uzodimma / Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.