Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,495 members, 7,812,532 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere - Culture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere (62716 Views)

Emami Presents Fake Ologbotsere Insignias To Olu Of Warri / Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom / Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Nobody: 3:16am On Apr 18, 2021
TAO11:
Yes, both language and ethnicity.

Yes I already replied you on this part. ‘Ogie’ is an Edoid word.

But the Itsekiri ruling house admits that the royalty who rules as Olu is ab-initio of Ile-Ife origin.

Yes, there is a pause (so to speak) in Benin where some Edo acculturation took place — hence a word like Ogiame.

But the royal root according to the Olu’s admission is ultimately of Ile-Ife origin.

So, all Itsekiris (both the general populace and the ruling house) all admit to be Yoruba.

I checked the first page in the morning briefly and left. This midnight I stumbled on the topic again.

Firstly, you should notice that most of the people here are Benin youths who don't know anything about history.

Secondly, to Benin people, they celebrate the Oba as god. Though that was the believe in ancient Yorubas, Africa, Egypt and Rome.

There should not have been any argument about wether the Itsekiris are Yorubas or not. I had an encounter with an Itsekiri woman in 1988 by chance at a Phone boot in PortHarcourt. I was there before her but allowed her to make her call before me. I was surprised to hear her speaking a Yoruba language similar to all this Ondo Riverine areas. She later told she was speaking to her mother at Sapele.

In 2008, I was at Sapele and heard the same people speaking their language. A chief there reminded me that while Awolowo was very sick in 1987, against all medical advice, he had to attend the Coronation of Olu of Warri a week to his death. Itsekiris are very important member of Yoruba Nation that Awolowo cannot ignore.

It was recorded as the last official engagement of renowned politician and publisher, Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Awolowo died on May 9, 1987, a week after attending the coronation in Warri. For Centuries, nobody doubted historical record until the 21st century history started to come out beginning from 2004.

The 21st century history of Benin released by the late Oba of Benin in his Book is what the Bini people are celebrating. Ooni Okunade dismissed the book. Alaafin of Oyo also dismissed the book and stood by the historical record known for centuries. This is what brought about wether the Itsekiris are Yorubas or from Benin. It has never been an issue.

The traditional Onitsha people (Obi of Onitsha ) migrated from Ife to Benin before moving to the present Onitsha. There are different kingdoms like that, most of them have created new history for themselves. It is possible for people to pick few things from where they settled before final destination.

The late Oba of Benin even said Oodua and his people (Oduduwa ) were not the first settlers at Ife. He said Oduduwa met people at Ife. Igwe
Achebe, the Obi of Onitsha indirectly said the people the late Oba of Benin was referring to may be the traditional Onitsha people. Some said the people are Ugbo people which made Olugbo of Ugbo land (Ilaje - Ondo state ) claimed they are the people Oduduwa met at Ife according to the late Oba of Benin 21st century history.

One thing about this history is that Ife had several kings and high chiefs apart from Ooni who is an Imperial Majesty. None of the kings, high chiefs and priests or traditional families at Ife had any reference to the 21st century history where Oduduwa was a Benin Prince who was banished at Benin and ran to Ife to become a King.

The internal crisis in Yoruba land since Awolowo / Akintola era has created a lot of problems, this is further compounded and complicated by religious and political dichotomy. Most of the Yoruba kingdoms now have civilization and education and cannot be tied down by the Yoruba internal crisis, hence, they are rewriting their history.

This is the conclusion of the whole thing.

The link below shows Binis in the 21st century as the plight of people trying to rewrite the history of their ancestors. Since 2004, that the late Oba of Benin published that book, up till 2018, the Bini people are still struggling to change history.

http://www.raceandhistory.com/cgi-bin/forum/webbbs_config.pl?md=read;id=2312

They said Oduduwa is Prince Ekaladerhan of Bini . Benin people and 21 century history.

The whole problem over Olu of Warri throne is because of this 21st century history.

10 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by newdawnlive: 4:08am On Apr 18, 2021
TheOgaBoss:
the bulk of the money comes from oil which you claimed they don't need, so who is talking like a primary 3 boy?
the best answer for you is to keep quiet, I just noticed you are dumb
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by zeusdgrt(m): 5:42am On Apr 18, 2021
Sewgon79:

Ooni didn't visit after coronation. Get your history right. Ooni visit during coronation and it was your OMO NO OBA that visit HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY after the coronation.
Lol...Oga u guys are just strangers to happenings so i will allow you enjoy your ignorance,but do note that ur ooni did and he fulfilled a condition of a getting an Edo bride before he can become what you call him today and rule u people it was mandatory.
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Nobody: 6:17am On Apr 18, 2021
zeusdgrt:

Lol...Oga u guys are just strangers to happenings so i will allow you enjoy your ignorance,but do note that ur ooni did and he fulfilled a condition of a getting an Edo bride before he can become what you call him today and rule u people it was mandatory.

Bini youths are known for truancy and 419. So, the Bini 21st century history now has an addition that a successor to the Ooni throne must marry an Edo woman. This history will never be completed.

The plight of people trying to rewrite the history of their ancestors.

7 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Simbrixton(m): 6:24am On Apr 18, 2021
zeusdgrt:

really dumb comment

5 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by ThatFairGuy1: 6:26am On Apr 18, 2021
TAO11:
How many times must your A.F.C. Ryder screenshot be debunked before you feel ashamed of yourself ?? cheesy

Please point out one statement of fact/certainty from your A.F.C. Ryder 1965 screenshot. I would wait. smiley

While I’m waiting, refer carefully to the page below for a citation of A.F.C. Ryder 1969, p.31. — 4 years later. grin

Cheers!

Cc: ThatFairGuy1, Gbajure, Daum, UGBE634, b4bola

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13410825_d068e656589b4bbbb298a34dd1d5cdcc_jpeg_jpeg60c0b8c88f425856c2f91ce1774288a0
Don't mind gregyboy, even in a history book I read some years back WRITTEN BY BINI man. The fact wasn't faulted but gregy is here to tell us otherwise

2 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Hardamz(m): 7:42am On Apr 18, 2021
You lack knowledge of history, Na Yoruba get Warrior, the head of the family is still called Olori-Ebi.
PatriotExact:
Wetin yeloba dey do for my South South?

3 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 7:57am On Apr 18, 2021
zeusdgrt:
[s]Lol...Oga u guys are just strangers to happenings so i will allow you enjoy your ignorance,but do note that ur ooni did and he fulfilled a condition of a getting an Edo bride before he can become what you call him today and rule u people it was mandatory.[/s]
Congratulations on your milestone of having expressed a very dumb idea in written form publicly.

I have been noticing lately that the brains of some Binis here on Nairaland seem to be operating in reverse mode. I am not even kidding.

Oba Adeyeye became Ooni in Oct. 2015, while he got married to your Edo sister in March 2016. Yet such clear sequence of events still managed to be reversed in your brain as:

Him fulfilling a cOnDiTiOn oF gEtTiNg aN eDo bRiDe [in 2016], bEfOrE hE cAn bEcOmE oOnI [in 2015]. Is God not wonderful? LMAO! cheesy

Having exposed that dumbness, may be you should also educate us on such marriage of Oba Okunade Sijuwade to an Edo wife, as well as of Oba Adesoji Aderemi to an Edo wife, among other Oonis. Lol.

Like I once said, Benin people are actually a collection of lunatics waiting to roam the streets.

Cheers!

Cc: Sewgon79, Sumbrixton, babaolofin

9 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 18, 2021
KingOKON:

I am not leaning on any side, if you go down to Eko( Lagos) you will see places with Benin ancestry in names.

The only thing we can use ordinarily in tracing our origin in Africa is language and the cultures we practice.

The heritage of the ruling family need not be same with their subjects Illorin in Kwara state is a good example

Where is the place in Eko that has Benin Ancestry names ? None. Before the 21st century history, if such name had existed, it wouldn't have made any issue to the Yorubas. Yorubas had always believed the Binis and Yorubas are the same, until the late Oba of Benin in 2004, thought otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 8:14am On Apr 18, 2021
babaolofin:
Where is the place in Eko that has Benin Ancestry names ? None. Before the 21st century history, if such name had existed, it wouldn't have made any issue to the Yorubas. Yorubas had always believed the Binis and Yorubas are the same, until the late Oba of Benin in 2004, thought otherwise.
The Eko royalty does have a MATERNAL Bini ancestry via Oba Ado’s mother, while the paternal ancestry is Yoruba from Isheri-Olofin, Lagos.

This is Lagos history, not modern Benin redaction. You may please refer to the link below for details on this:

https://www.nairaland.com/6493041/itsekiri-part-greater-oduduwa-family/7#100853737

But this is not to say that the wild claim (of name origins) often put forward by Bini Nairaland miscreants have an atom of truth to it.

Cheers!

5 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by KingOKON: 8:16am On Apr 18, 2021
babaolofin:

Idumagbo, oyingbo , Eko, apongbon are relics of ancient Benin in lagos

1 Like

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 8:20am On Apr 18, 2021
KingOKON:
.[s]Idumagbo, oyingbo , Eko, apongbon are relics of ancient Benin in lagos[/s]
False! Go get an education.

Argue blindly or bitterly and be prepared to be ridiculed publicly. My two cents.

But you may attempt to prove your claim if you wish to be taken seriously.

Cheers!

Cc: babaolofin

5 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by KingOKON: 8:23am On Apr 18, 2021
TAO11:
False!

Go get an education.

Argue blindly or bitterly and be ready to be ridiculed publicly. My two cents.

But you may try to prove your claim if you wish to be taken seriously.

Cheers!

You disgust me

1 Like

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 18, 2021
TAO11:
Congratulations on your milestone of having expressed a very dumb idea in written form publicly.

I have been noticing lately that the brains of some Binis here on Nairaland seem to be operating in reverse mode. I am not even kidding.

Oba Adeyeye became Ooni in Oct. 2015, while he got married your Edo sister in March 2016. Yet such clear sequence of events still managed to be reversed in your brain as:

Him fulfilling a cOnDiTiOn oF gEtTiNg aN eDo bRiDe [in 2016], bEfOrE hE cAn bEcOmE oOnI [in 2015]. Is God not wonderful? LMAO! cheesy

Having exposed that dumbness, may be you should also educate us on such marriage of Oba Okunade Sijuwade to an Edo wife, as well as of Oba Adesoji Aderemi to an Edo wife, among other Oonis. Lol.

Like I once said, Benin people are actually a collection of lunatics waiting to roam the streets.

Cheers!

Cc: Sewgon79, Sumbrixton, babaolofin

Most of the people here are Benin youths. The Itsekiris are from Ife. Benin youths are known for truancy and 419. They have data for nairaland as most of them are into 419.

That lady that was double dating (major character of Bini girls) and her friends wrote Ooni the reason why He should not marry her on major print and electronic media before she finally separated from Ooni. So, it has become an appendix to 21st century Bini History that a successor to the Ooni throne must marry an Edo woman. They are very dull. I don't know how magas fall into their 419 trap. It must have been juju.

5 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 8:24am On Apr 18, 2021
Oh really? cheesy
KingOKON:
You disgust me
I love ❤️ you too kiss /s

1 Like

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by gregyboy(m): 8:25am On Apr 18, 2021
TAO11:
How many times must your A.F.C. Ryder screenshot be debunked before you feel ashamed of yourself ?? cheesy

Please point out one statement of fact/certainty from your A.F.C. Ryder 1965 screenshot. I would wait. smiley

While I’m waiting, refer carefully to the page below for a citation of A.F.C. Ryder 1969, p.31. — 4 years later. grin

Cheers!

Cc: ThatFairGuy1, Gbajure, Daum, UGBE634, b4bola

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13410825_d068e656589b4bbbb298a34dd1d5cdcc_jpeg_jpeg60c0b8c88f425856c2f91ce1774288a0

Youre trying to fight even if you have to bring your old lies.... Lol

Common sense will even tell you bin and ife never had encounter

There is no yoruba word or title in the royal palace of Benin
There is no ifa
The monarch is just one ruling house, unlike the Yoruba monarchy

TAO11 you're a clown i want to believe you're a male, at the end if the day, if you're a female then i wonder the type of lying female that you're

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 8:26am On Apr 18, 2021
gregyboy:
[s] trying to fight even if you have to bring your old lies.... Lol
Common sense will even tell you bin and ife never had encounter
There is no yoruba word or title in the royal palace of Benin
There is no ifa
The monarch is just one ruling house, unlike the Yoruba monarchy
TAO11 you're a clown i want to believe you're a male, at the end if the day, if you're a female then i wonder the type of lying female that you're[/s]
My demands were very clear and very simple.

I can’t remember asking you for this ocean of tears.

4 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by KingOKON: 8:29am On Apr 18, 2021
TAO11:
Oh really? cheesy
I love ❤️ you too kiss /s

Go look for men who got time for women with lose mouth.....I don't
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by gregyboy(m): 8:29am On Apr 18, 2021
Simbrixton:
maybe una go install una own olu for ikpoba hill sha

Who b this guy
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 8:30am On Apr 18, 2021
KingOKON:
[s]Go look for men who got time for women with lose mouth.....I don't[/s]
Go look for those who swallow Benin lies hook, line and sinker without hesitation, scrutiny or questioning. I don’t!

Sound familiar? Sounds fair?

❤️

5 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by gregyboy(m): 8:33am On Apr 18, 2021
Simbrixton:
story, the voice of the people is the voice of God tsola is the next Olu

Never, Tsola should evacuate the stool, the previous olu knew this, he probably wanted non of his children to rule, for personal reasons

They go search for the next olu from the previous
Olu Brothers who children made the requirement
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by gregyboy(m): 8:41am On Apr 18, 2021
TAO11:
My demands were very clear and very simple.

I can’t remember asking you for an ocean of tears.

Probably you're the one even crying behind the screen

Face my points, i gave and stop telling me my words hurt you and made you cry, who gives a Bleep, if a lieing machines is pained,

Why no ifa in the benin palace
Why no ogboni
Why no yoruba titles, culture
Why don't we bury our artworks like the ife did

All these you should answer and not try to escape by telling me you're crying ocean of tears who gives a ffuck
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by gregyboy(m): 8:45am On Apr 18, 2021
Simbrixton:
you guys should stay out of itsekiri issues it is simple

Who are you to tell us this, who the hell are you,
The royal house must be edo and not diluted ny foreign bloods
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 18, 2021
KingOKON:

Idumagbo, oyingbo , Eko, apongbon are relics of ancient Benin in lagos

You don't know anything about Eko. All these names you mentioned are Yoruba names and have nothing to do with Edo. We have educated you about how Ado became the first ELEKO. ELEKO is the main traditional title of Oba of Lagos. EKO is to camp, or grouped together. The original owner are the AWORIS. The Palace of Oba of Lagos - Iduganran is a pepper farm of the Ijebus. Iganran is an ancient IJEBU pepper. Oyingbo is on the mainland, traditionally under Oloto of Oto beside Iddo the second place where the AWORIS settled after Isheri Olofin on their journey from Ife. Oyingbo is an Ijebu name. For the sake of His Majesty, I will stop here. When you get to Oyingbo at Ijebu Ode, you will get more facts about Oyingbo.

7 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 8:51am On Apr 18, 2021
Why all these stories? My demands are very simple and very clear.

gregyboy:
[s]Probably you're the one even crying behind the screen

Face my points, i gave and stop telling me my words hurt you and made you cry, who gives a Bleep, if a lieing machines is pained,

Why no ifa in the benin palace
Why no ogboni
Why no yoruba titles, culture
Why don't we bury our artworks like the ife did

All these you should answer and not try to escape by telling me you're crying ocean of tears who gives a ffuck[/s]
I hate to make stupid people famous, but since you’re desperate to be famous then you should get a negative fame now.

(1) Why no ifa in the benin palace? There is Ifa in the Benin royalty! Go inquire about “Iha” and its renowned priest Orunmila.

(2) Why no ogboni? There is Ogboni in Benin culture. You yourself have a thread on the presence of ogboni in Benin society.

(3) Why no yoruba titles, culture? There is. Your king is called “Oba” — a Yoruba word with zero royal meaning in Bini language.

Also, your king must bear temporary Yoruba tribal marks (drawn with chalk) on his cheeks during his installation rites

(4) Why don't we bury our artworks like the ife did? You do. A little ‘bronze’ figure now in the Benin Museum was excavated from the Beini palace.

4 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by KingOKON: 9:00am On Apr 18, 2021
babaolofin:

You don't know anything about Eko. All these names you mentioned are Yoruba names and have nothing to do with Edo. We have educated you about how Ado became the first ELEKO. ELEKO is the main traditional title of Oba of Lagos. EKO is to camp, or grouped together. The original owner are the AWORIS. The Palace of Oba of Lagos - Iduganran is a pepper farm of the Ijebus. Iganran is an ancient IJEBU pepper. Oyingbo is on the mainland, traditionally under Oloto of Oto beside Iddo the second place where the AWORIS settled after Isheri Olofin on their journey from Ife. Oyingbo is an Ijebu name. For the sake of His Majesty, I will stop here. When you get to Oyingbo at Ijebu Ode, you will get more facts about Oyingbo.

Where were you when the Oba of Lagos admitted and even made pronouncement on this himself
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by KingOKON: 9:06am On Apr 18, 2021
babaolofin:

Apongbon and Idumagbo can you tell how come about both
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO12: 9:07am On Apr 18, 2021
KingOKON:
.[s]Where were you when the Oba of Lagos admitted and even made pronouncement on this himself[/s]
Lies!

Please bring forward a video of such pRoNoUnCeMeNt, not some clownish writings of a Bini columnist.

The only definitive statement I have ever heard Oba Akiolu made in video is to the following effect:

Lagos does NOT belong to Benin kingdom.

No where did he ever assert that “Eko”, et al. were named by Benin.

Neither did he ever assert that the Eko royalty has a paternal/patrilineal Benin ancestry.

If you can’t stand your lies being debunked, then you have good reasons never to be a liar.

1 Like

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by gregyboy(m): 9:08am On Apr 18, 2021
TAO11:
Ogbeni carry your insecure ass out of this thread and stop trying too hard to compensate for your inferiority complex.

Cc: sangresan

Attention seeker
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO12: 9:09am On Apr 18, 2021
KingOKON:
[s]Apongbon and Idumagbo can you tell how come about both[/s]
He who makes a claim has a burden to prove such claim.

You claimed that Benin named these names in Lagos.

As such, you have a burden to prove your own claim by adducing (authentic verifiable) evidence.

1 Like

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Simbrixton(m): 9:17am On Apr 18, 2021
gregyboy:

Who are you to tell us this, who the hell are you,
The royal house must be edo and not diluted ny foreign bloods
which edo? Me wey don buy my wrapper make una come warri compe campaign na bodybags we go use carry una back to bini, oba's slaves

1 Like

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by gregyboy(m): 9:18am On Apr 18, 2021
Mraphel:

Igodomigodo is to ogiso and Bini Oba is to Yoruba. The modern Bini have adopted the igodomigodo language while Bini Yoruba are almost extinct.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (59) (Reply)

Red Ibo In Jamaica: A Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica / Masquerade Exhibiting Powers Failed By His Juju As Bullet Penetrates - Oyo State / This Picture Of The Ooni Of Ife And His Wife Has People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.