Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni (6153 Views)

Olu Of Warri Kicks Out Ayiri, Revalidates Iyatsere, 10 Other Itsekiri Chiefs / Olu Of Warri Coronation: Tsola Emiko Walking Before Departing For Ode-Itsekiri / Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Fezz: 1:10pm On Apr 12, 2021
Juliusmalema:

I can't use a derogatory words against them because the documentary didn't. The documentary states clearly that though a friction exist that doesn't mean the people are divided.

I have noticed you dont like the Benins in this forum but one thing I appreciate about you concerning this post is that you showed a high class of morale by not bending to that TAO. It shows you know your onions and you stand for what you believe in. My advise is, do some external research if you want to know the real history of both the Benins and yorubas. Don't rely on the info you see here because the yorubas on nairaland are shameless when it comes to telling their history. They go through any length to tell blatant lies just to create history for themselves. It's called desperation.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Fezz: 1:20pm On Apr 12, 2021
TAO11:
Yorubas are people with Yoruba language and Yoruba culture.

Edos (of course including the Bini subgroup) are people with Edo language and Edo culture.

The fact that Yorubas came all the way from Ife to rule over the Binis (till date) doesn’t make the Binis one of us.

Their kings however are one of us. But the people over whom they rule remain Binis.

Cheers!

I have just one question for you before I move away from your space. Mention any oba of Benin that was documented to say that Ife owns his crown or that his crown comes from yorubaland. Mention the name of just one oba and show us the document and let us forget about this topic forever.

All you do is make claims of owning the obaship of Benin Kingdom but none of the obas never claimed to come from yorubaland. Doesn't it sound funny to you.

I'm waiting....
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Fezz: 1:44pm On Apr 12, 2021
samuk:

The Benin have told you times without numbers that they are not Yoruba, TAO11 has now also told you that Edo people are not Yoruba. This we both agree on and hope you learn from this. As for the Yoruba trying to steal the Oba of Benin since the late 1800s, we the Benin are equal to the task.

The Yoruba can't just wake up in the 1800s and started writing books on how to steal the Oba of Benin as soon as they knew how to read and write, when more than 400 years of documented Benin history says otherwise.

The issue is Yoruba is trying to steal the Benin monarchy to claim every other tribes that claim Benin ancestry and we are resisting them with Benin pre colonial historical archives.

The issue is purely between a thief and the owner.

Your last paragraph says it all. Any side observer that doesn't see the full plan of the Yorubas must be really slow.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Fezz: 2:06pm On Apr 12, 2021
samuk:
Nigeria history of various tribes falls into two categories, pre-1800s eyewitness written accounts and post 1800s mostly fairytales which was written by the first educated Nigerians and some lazy Europeans who based their writings on latter day fairytales and were too lazy to do their proper research into archival materials of pre 1800s Nigeria eyewitness historical accounts.

Frauds like TAO11 mostly qoute and cite their sources to support their lies, fallacies, fairytales and fabrications from the post 1800s lies. They hardly cite or qoute from earlier than 1800s to support their lies.

Everyone should be guided when they see citations from post 1800s talking about historical events that supposed or claimed to have happen earlier than 1800s. If you want the authentic history of pre 1800s Nigeria, they were documented by eyewitnesses of that time, seek for their materials and read their first hand accounts not latterday manipulations.

1. TAO11 told us the Oba of Benin used to be buried in Ife pre 1800s, I have asked for the pre 1800s accounts that said so, she is yet to provide it.

2. TAO11 is repeating the lies that Benin hard relationship with Ife pre-1800s, I have severally requested for source material pre 1800s to support his/her claim, she can't find any pre 1800s historical accounts to support her lies.

3. TAO11 told us that the first Oba of Lagos was an Isheri commoner, this is contrary to the account of Oba of Lagos himself who said his ancestors was a Benin prince and eyewitness historical accounts of Lagos in 1603 is in support of Oba of Lagos position. TAO11 is yet to provide pre 1800s historical accounts to support her Isheri man.

4. TAO11 told us Oyo used to be an empire pre 1800s, she is yet to show us the pre 1800s eyewitness historical accounts to support her fairytale and fictional Oyo empire that didn't even have a European visitor until 1826, 400 years after Benin had her first European encounter.

5. TAO11 told us Ife was more than a village and the cradle of Yoruba culture that was so advanced in artworks that they taught Benin the skills in ancient times, I have requested for her pre-1800s sources but she can't provide any to support her lies.

TAO11 be warned that if you must tell a lie avoid pre 1800s Nigeria history because that era was documented and the Benin of 1400s to 1799 was particularly well documented.

Henceforth, concentrate your lies in post 1800s Nigeria because each time you dabble into pre 1800s Nigeria history, you will be requested for eyewitness sources from that period and nothing less will be accepted.

Don't come back to tell us it was you that made these claims initially and that you are just repeating they lies told by those before you. It has been brought to your notice all these claims are lies, he who makes a claim most be ready to back it up with eyewitness evidence.

You just can wake up in 2021 and start telling us some bullshit stories and claims they happen in 1550 without eyewitness historical evidence to back them up.

Your lies are for those with baby brains not matured minds like ours.

Nicely said.. you have raised good points here. I just wonder how the foreigners never documented the Benin/ife relationship for a duration of 400 years. Does it mean that emissaries between the supposed ife Kingdom and the great Benin empire didn't visit eachother during that span of 400 years?. That is a long time of blank history and it's quite suspicious.

It is obvious the yoruba revisionists started their conspiracy after the colonial masters took over the land (1897) to alter history. Thanks to the Portuguese, if not they would have succeeded in fabricating history.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Christistruth00: 10:21pm On Apr 12, 2021
TAO11:
The fact that we ruled and continue to rule over them does not mean we are exactly the same people.

The appropriate thing to say is that the Binis are the subjects of the Ife-Yorubas.

But if you really want to call a spade a spade, you may call them slaves of the Ife-Yorubas

Cheers.

TAO11 please don’t call anybody a Slave

Just say certain Kingdoms ruled over certain ethnic groups

If the Whites have accepted that it is wrong to call Blacks Slaves or Nigers

we also need to show ourselves some respect
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 11:49pm On Apr 12, 2021
Christistruth00:

TAO11 please don’t call anybody a Slave

Just say certain Kingdoms ruled over certain ethnic groups

If the Whites have accepted that it is wrong to call Blacks Slaves or Nigers

we also need to show ourselves some respect
Noted!

3 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 3:19am On Apr 13, 2021
Fezz:

Nicely said.. you have raised good points here. I just wonder how the foreigners never documented the Benin/ife relationship for a duration of 400 years. Does it mean that emissaries between the supposed ife Kingdom and the great Benin empire didn't visit eachother during that span of 400 years?. That is a long time of blank history and it's quite suspicious.

It is obvious the yoruba revisionists started their conspiracy after the colonial masters took over the land (1897) to alter history. Thanks to the Portuguese, if not they would have succeeded in fabricating history.

Benin/Ife connection was created in the 1800s, there wasn't such relationship before then, that's why no one can back it up earlier than the 1800s.

The Europeans have been documenting Benin history since the 1400s, by the 1600s the Roman catholic church set up a mission in Benin city and priests were sent down, from the 1600s to 1799, every aspect of Benin kingdom/empire were documented by both Roman Catholic priests and other Europeans who visited and traded with Benin.

Everyone Benin encountered including wars fault were documented, the death of obas and noble men and women were documented, the rituals, culture, religion, description of Benin city, the people etc were all written about, but no mention of Ife, Oduduwa or Oranmiyan.

I doubt if the Yoruba themselves can prove the existence of Oduduwa beyond/earlier than the 1800s.

Oduduwa himself was a myth created in the 1800s, I challenge the Yorubas to show us any evidence before 1799 that talk about Oduduwa as a real person.

Numerous nonsense has been written since the 1800s in the name of history.

Anyone that is interested in history has to go earlier than the 1800s and study eyewitness historical accounts of Nigeria, west Africa and Africa.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 3:45am On Apr 13, 2021
macof:

Goes to show that all this is subject to sentiments for you.
TAO11 is hitting with facts and narratives proven to be traditional accounts to burst new age revisionism. I don't see how it is about personal issues.
When you are told Oba of Lagos is only distantly connected to Bini by ologun kutere 's (the current dynasty) mother being the daughter of Ado, Ado whose mother (not father) was Bini...you best believe it because that's the Awori account

Which facts, facts that were created by revisionist, are you even aware that Benin was already well established in Lagos as early as 1602? An eyewitness historical accounts from a Dutchman that visited Lagos in 1602 saw the place occupied by Benin army and their commanders who sent daily reports back to the Oba of Benin.

I am not interested in fairytales by revisionists because anyone can write any nonsense. Show me eyewitness historical accounts of what your are claiming.

Did you not listen to what the Oba of Lagos said himself, that the first Oba of Lagos was a Male descendant of Oba of Benin, who was sent to Lagos by oba of Benin? Did you not hear the Oba of Lagos song about how their forefather was born in Benin to the king. Did you hear anything about female in that video.

Listen to the video again incase you missed it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFFYH3GAmBk
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by gregyboy(m): 10:59pm On Apr 13, 2021
Fezz:

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by gregyboy(m): 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2021
samuk:

Which facts, facts that were created by revisionist, are you even aware that Benin was already well established in Lagos as early as 1602? An eyewitness historical accounts from a Dutchman that visited Lagos in 1602 saw the place occupied by Benin army and their commanders who sent daily reports back to the Oba of Benin.

I am not interested in fairytales by revisionists because anyone can write any nonsense. Show me eyewitness historical accounts of what your are claiming.

Did you not listen to what the Oba of Lagos said himself, that the first Oba of Lagos was a Male descendant of Oba of Benin, who was sent to Lagos by oba of Benin? Did you not hear the Oba of Lagos song about how their forefather was born in Benin to the king. Did you hear anything about female in that video.

Giving dem hot hot, sufrey majedem nor go assassinate you...
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 5:35am On Apr 14, 2021
gregyboy:

Giving dem hot hot, sufrey majedem nor go assassinate you...

They have all gone quiet because it's very difficult to fight the truth.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by gregyboy(m): 10:52am On Apr 14, 2021
samuk:

They have all gone quite because it's very difficult to fight the truth.

TAO11 is d one dragging their legs out, she cant still believe her lies are ending before her face, but instead to bow down she his still fighting it,

Pushing are kinsmen no choice but give her their support

One of our purpose has been archived on nairaland thanks to the covid lockdown it made history for us, our children wont be bother about the controversy anymore

Our task now is to find the origin of benin, how benin came to exist that is my main goal right now
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 1:47pm On Apr 14, 2021
gregyboy:

TAO11 is d one dragging their legs out, she cant still believe her lies are ending before her face, but instead to bow down she his still fighting it,

One of our purpose has been archived on nairaland thanks to the covid lockdown it made history for us, our children wont be bother about the controversy anymore

Our task now is to find the origin of benin, how benin came to exist that is my main goal right now

You are right, to begin researching Benin history will require enormous time, resources, energy and dedication because the start point which should be the historical archives of early eyewitness Europeans were not written in English, so a lot of translation from various European languages to English will be required for first hand historical accounts of early Benin.

Fortunately Benin/Edo people are now all over Europe and can understand and speak almost all European languages, so collaboration is going to be needed from interested Edos in European countries that archives early Benin history.

This early eyewitness written accounts will help in separating fairytales from real history.

The other aspect of Benin history is the art works that contain historical accounts of different era, this art works that are scattered across the world carry bits of Benin history, they have to be located and study for the historical information they contain.

Then at the local level, the history of various communities that claim Benin descent also have to be examined to see what aspects of Benin history they took with them when they left Benin.

The study of Benin history is so vast and broad that attempting to accomplish it just by limiting it to Benin city or Edo state will just be scratching the surface.

The good thing is Benin history is insulated from both internal and external revisionist because it was documented for more than 400 years before British invasion.

Anybody writing nonsense stories about the Benin empire of pre 1897, should be requested to supply eyewitness historical accounts to support the era they are writing about because Benin history is not made up stories, it was written.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2021
gregyboy:

Good, trace una movement from Benin republic, Togo, Northern Cameroon and possibly Niger republic/chad...and Ghana...

That is because this is the only valid map to Benin migration.

Trace your sujourn from West map of Africa....ie West Africa

Thank you...
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by gregyboy(m): 7:30pm On Apr 14, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Good, trace una movement from Benin republic, Togo, Northern Cameroon and possibly Niger republic/chad...and Ghana...

That is because this is the only valid map to Benin migration.

Trace your sujourn from West map of Africa....ie West Africa

Thank you...

Fuckofff aboki
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 14, 2021
gregyboy:

Fuckofff aboki

Your history can only be west...So I want to make the work easier by telling you possible routes to focus..in western direction.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Christistruth00: 10:14pm On Apr 14, 2021
samuk:

This is the rest of the Video that you were hiding

For the one thousandth time oba of lagos himself telling you with his own mouth at 5.45 Minutes "Benin are not the owners of lagos” in the complete video you refused to post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOsp9VLRFno

lagos belongs to Awori Yoruba who are 100% Yoruba or is MC Oluomo who is Awori not Yoruba again?

3 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by samuk: 6:34am On Apr 15, 2021
Christistruth00:

This is the rest of the Video that you were hiding

For the one thousandth time oba of lagos himself telling you with his own mouth at 5.45 Minutes "Benin are not the owners of lagos” in the complete video you refused to post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOsp9VLRFno

lagos belongs to Awori Yoruba who are 100% Yoruba or is MC Oluomo who is Awori not Yoruba again?

I didn't know MC Oluomo owns Lagos, I thought the video was about Oba of Lagos Benin ancestral lineage.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 6:42pm On Apr 16, 2021
You have been debunked on this time and time again. But as a typical Bini, you must be disgraced without an atom of mercy before you consider giving up fraud.

samuk:
I didn't know MC Oluomo owns Lagos
LMAO! cheesy

Oba Akiolu didn’t say a word about who owns Lagos — as he was obviously not asked about who owns Lagos.

However, he did make mention of who is NOT the owner of Lagos as a clarification to his actual reply.

And guess who is NOT the owner of Lagos in Oba Akiolu’s own words. Take a wild guess now. grin

Benin kingdom is NOT the owner of Lagos in Oba Akiolu’s own words.

Do you agree with Oba Akiolu or do you disagree with him? grin

I thought the video was about Oba of Lagos Benin ancestral lineage.
Nope!

Ancestral lineage comes from two key branches in case you’re unaware — the paternal branch and the maternal branch.

The interviewer actually NEVER asked about ancestral lineage — contrary to your misrepresentation.

However, she specifically sought to know the details of the relationship between Lagos and Benin.

And yes, Oba Akiolu’s reply did mention that the Benin royalty is one of the two ancestral branches of the Lagos royalty.

He however was completely silent on whether (or not) the Benin branch is the paternal branch or the maternal branch.

His word-for-word reply to the interviewer’s request is as follows:

(1) The first Oba of Lagos is a male descendant of Oba of Benin.

In other words, the first Oba of Lagos is actually NOT the actual child of the said Benin oba.

Rather, this Lagos oba is a male child descended from the said Benin oba, but through a line that was NOT specified by Oba Akiolu’s words.

His words did NOT specify the line of descent — be it the mother or the father. Oba Akiolu’s words did NOT say paternal/patrilineal descendant, nor did it say maternal/matrilineal descendant.

His reply was completely silent on whether (or not) the Benin royalty is the paternal branch or the maternal branch of the Eko royalty. Try harder! wink

(2) Further to his reply to the same request from the interviewer, Oba Akiolu also quoted a traditional Lagos song (of course a Yoruba song, lol) which goes:

••• Benin City is where our father’s birth took place, and his father is a king and not a commoner•••

The child’s birthplace says absolutely nothing about the child’s paternal ancestry — the example of Eweka 1 of Benin comes to mind.

Also, the word “king” in this quoted song is unspecified to be a Benin king or a Yoruba king. In fact, Oba Akiolu’s own words already shows that it is NOT a Benin king.

In conclusion, the quoted song is also completely silent on whether (or not) the Benin royalty is the paternal branch or the maternal branch of the Eko royalty. Try harder! wink

(3) Furthermore, Oba Akiolu’s own words admits that the Benin king is recognized with a salute gesture during Lagos king and chief coronations.

Again, the salute gesture does not definitively indicate paternal ancestry. At most, it conveys a general sense of precedence — political or ancestral (maternal or paternal) precedence, or both.

In fact, the replication of the same salute gesture during Lagos chieftaincy coronations confirms the gesture to be indicative of a political precedence.

On the overall, all of his (Oba Akiolu’s) replies as outlined above were in specific response to a specific request put forward by the interviewer — “Tell us about the relationship between the Eko people and the Bini”.

Christistruth00, macof.
————————-

At this point, I need you (@samuk the fraud) to answer the following questions:

(1) Where in Oba Akiolu’s replies did he say that the Eko royalty is paternally/patrilineally descended from Benin?

(2) In which part of his replies is there a contradiction with the history of Lagos summarized below?:

The history of Lagos speaks of Ashipa as its first king, but also sometimes recognize his son (Ado) as the first king. [This is similar to Oranmiyan & Eweka 1 in Benin history].

The history of Lagos makes it clear that Ado’s paternal ancestry is from Yorubaland. That is, Ashipa (his father) is an Awori noble from Isheri-Olofin, Lagos.

The history of Lagos also admits that Ado‘s maternal ancestry is from Benin City in which Ado was born and raised.

Cheers!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Christistruth00: 7:19pm On Apr 16, 2021
TAO11:
You have been debunked on this time and time again. But as a typical Bini, you must be disgraced without an atom of mercy before you consider giving up fraud.

LMAO! cheesy

Oba Akiolu didn’t say a word about who owns Lagos — as he wouldn’t obviously answer a question not asked.

However, he did make mention of who is NOT the owner of Lagos as a clarification to his actual reply.

And guess who is NOT the owner of Lagos in Oba Akiolu’s own words. Take a wild guess now. grin

Benin kingdom is NOT the owner of Lagos in Oba Akiolu’s own words.

Do you agree with Oba Akiolu or do you disagree with him? grin

Nope!

Ancestral lineage comes from two key branches in case you’re unaware — the paternal branch and the maternal branch.

The interviewer specifically sought to know the details of the relationship between the Eko royalty and Benin. She didn’t say Benin is the paternal branch.

And yes, Oba Akiolu’s reply did confirm that the Benin royalty is indeed one of the two branches.

He however was completely silent on whether (or not) the Benin branch is the paternal branch or the maternal branch of the Eko royalty.

His word-for-word reply to the interviewer’s request is as follows:

(1) The first Oba of Lagos is a male descendant of Oba of Benin.

In other words, the first Oba of Lagos is actually NOT the actual child of the said Benin oba.

Rather, this Lagos oba is a male child descended from the said Benin oba, but through a line that was NOT specified by Oba Akiolu’s words.

His words did NOT specify the line of descent — be it the mother or the father. Oba Akiolu’s words did NOT say paternal descendant or patrilineal descendant.

His reply was completely silent on whether (or not) the Benin royalty is the paternal branch or the maternal branch of the Eko royalty. Try harder! wink

(2) Further to his reply to the same request from the interviewer, Oba Akiolu also quoted a traditional Lagos song (of course a Yoruba song, lol) which goes:

••• it is within Benin City that our father’s birth took place, and his father is a king and not a commoner•••

The child’s birthplace says absolutely nothing about the child’s paternal ancestry — the example of Eweka 1 of Benin comes to mind.

Also, the word “king” in this quoted song is unspecified to be a Benin king or a Yoruba king. In fact, Oba Akiolu’s own words already shows that it is NOT a Benin king.

In conclusion, the quoted song is also completely silent on whether (or not) the Benin royalty is the paternal branch or the maternal branch of the Eko royalty. Try harder! wink

(3) Furthermore, Oba Akiolu’s own words admits that the Benin king is recognized with a salute gesture during Lagos king and chief coronations.

Again, the salute gesture does not definitively indicate paternal ancestry. At most, it conveys a general sense of precedence — political or ancestral (maternal or paternal) precedence, or both.

In fact, the replication of the same salute gesture during Lagos chieftaincy coronations confirms the gesture to be indicative of a political precedence.

On the overall, all of his (Oba Akiolu’s) replies as outlined above were in specific response to a specific request put forward by the interviewer — “Tell us about the relationship between the Eko people and the Bini”.

Christistruth00, macof.
————————-

At this point, I need you (@samuk the fraud) to answer the following questions:

(1) Where in Oba Akiolu’s replies did he say that the Eko royalty is paternally/patrilineally descended from Benin?

(2) Which part of his replies is there a contradiction with the history of Lagos summarized below?:

The history of Lagos does speak of Ashipa as its first king, but also sometimes recognize his son (Ado) as the first king. This is similar to Oranmiyan & Eweka 1 in Benin history.

The history of Lagos makes it clear that Ado’s paternal ancestry is from Yorubaland. In other words, Ashipa (his father) is an Awori noble from Isheri-Olofin, Lagos.

The history of Lagos also admits that Ado‘s maternal ancestry is from Benin City in which Ado was born and raised.

Cheers!

Welcome TAO11

those Benin boys have been busy Singing and dancing to their Fake Historical revisionist rubbish like a bunch of Jackals and
Hyenas since Yesterday this time they have been trying to takeover Itsekiriland claiming the Itsekiri and Oyo never had any Kingdom and that Benin was the only Kingdom in Southern Nigeria

The one below claimed they had finally put you out of business and shut you down

samuk:

You are the one making the claims, you need to show us the eyewitness historical evidence the way I have provided my sources for the first European visit to Oyo in 1826.

We no longer allow fairytales, you can't make an unsubstantiated claims and ask me to go and find the evidence.

Make your claims and provide the eyewitness evidence. This is how TAO11 lies and fairytales were shutdown.

samuk:

The first Europeans didn't visit Oyo until 1826. 1826 was the first time the Europeans visited and started documenting Oyo history.

So how can you back up your 1764 date?

If you say the Ghanaians told you this, could Ghanaians read and write in 1764 to document this war, if so please provide the eyewitness historical sources.

If this date didn't come from the Ghanaians, was it documented by Europeans and please provide the European eyewitness sources.

People dishing out cock and bull stories as history is no longer allowed, you make a claim, you will be requested for eyewitness historical sources.

Have you not noticed that TAO11 has been missing from here for days now because she can't meet this simple requirement.

gregyboy:

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 7:51pm On Apr 16, 2021
Christistruth00:

Welcome TAO11

those Benin boys have been busy Singing and dancing to their Fake Historical revisionist rubbish like a bunch of Jackals and
Hyenas since Yesterday this time they have been trying to takeover Itsekiriland claiming the Itsekiri and Oyo never had any Kingdom and that Benin was the only Kingdom in Southern Nigeria

The one below claimed they had finally put you out of business and shut you down
It doesn’t take a genius to realize that Benin people are suffering from a strong and major delusion.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Christistruth00: 8:01pm On Apr 16, 2021
TAO11:
It doesn’t take a genius to realize that Benin people are suffering from a strong and major delusion.

Samuk and Gregboy need urgent attention for blind Ego disorder

They Probably think it was the Oba of Benin that birthed the Queen of England and all the Royal families of Europe.

Let’s just Pray they never become History Teachers

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 8:04pm On Apr 16, 2021
Christistruth00:

Samuk and Gregboy need urgent attention for blind Arrogant Ego disorder

They Probably think it was the Oba of Benin that birthed the Queen of England.

Let’s just Pray they never become History Teachers
They are not arrogant. What you think is arrogance is a front they put up to compensate for their inferiority complex.

You must realize that it takes a special and strong form of inferiority complex for grown-ups (Binis) to claim that their oba once owned Japan.

The minority complex syndrome (a strain of inferiority complex) is a REAL thang.

3 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2021
samuk:
[s]••• are you even aware that Benin was already well established in Lagos as early as 1602? An eyewitness historical accounts from a Dutchman that visited Lagos in 1602 saw the place occupied by Benin army and their commanders who sent daily reports back to the Oba of Benin. •••[/s]
Another fraudulent attempt to twist and turn history in its head, right? cheesy

The account you refer to is the report of Ulsheimer who visited the coast of West Africa sometimes between late 1603 and early 1604.

His reports doesn’t say a word about Lagos as a whole, but rather alludes to one of the islands of Lagos along the Atlantic coast.

In fact, his account shows that on this island there are different towns with each one occupied by different groups of people.

As far as his account is concerned, his visit to the island was specifically to only one of the different towns on the island.

His account of the island begins and ends with only this one town. He noted that this town is occupied by Binis living there, while there are other towns on the same island which are occupied by other groups of people.

These Binis living in this one town were living in military formation, and the indication given in Ulsheimer’s report as to why they lived in such formation is that:

There is another Benin town also somewhere along the Atlantic coast (but apparently closer to Lagos than to Benin) who have committed a rebellious sacrilege against their king.

The Binis of Lagos (i.e. those Binis who lived in one of the different towns on the island of Lagos) have been tasked by their king to return the other Benin town (which lies somewhere along the Atlantic coast) back to status-quo.

But since this second Benin town is also walled like this one on the island of Lagos, the task has repeatedly proven evasive until Ulsheimer’s team visited for trade and was lobbied for the task.

These Binis who lived in one of the towns on the island of Lagos often organized themselves among themselves and reported their internal activities back home to Benin.

Their organization was confined to within the four walls of their town with nothing to do with the other towns on the island, let alone the several towns on the Lagos mainland.

No where in Ulsheimer’s account is anything said about any alleged patrilineal descent of the Lagos monarchy (which, to start with, is not even yet founded at the time) from Benin.

Neither is anything said in Ulsheimer’s report regarding the manner in which these Binis (who lived in one of the many towns of the island) came originally from Benin to settle there sometimes in the mid/late 1500s.

Was the Binis’s ‘ownership’ of that one town by virtue of some aboriginal right, or some 1500s conquest, or by conferment from the Awori owners?

Nothing is said in Ulsheimer’s report in answer to this. Neither could Ulsheimer have been witness to such events which obviously must have taken place many decades (perhaps up to a semi-century) before him.

Cheers!

Cc: macof, Christistruth00
—————————
As a comparison, what does the fact that Yorubas used to have a Yoruba quarter in Benin City mean to you? cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 9:46pm On Apr 16, 2021
Fezz:
[s]I have just one question for you before I move away from your space. Mention any oba of Benin that was documented to say that Ife owns his crown or that his crown comes from yorubaland. Mention the name of just one oba and show us the document and let us forget about this topic forever.

All you do is make claims of owning the obaship of Benin Kingdom but none of the obas never claimed to come from yorubaland. Doesn't it sound funny to you.

I'm waiting....[/s]
I’m not even sure where to begin debunking you from, nor can I imagine what you drank when you began to type all these.

(1) Your Oba Eweka 2 informed H. L. Ward Price that he (Oba Eweka 2) must direct supplications to Yorubaland every morning before he (Oba Eweka 2) begins his day.

He (Oba Eweka 2) mentions that all Benin obas does this every morning. That they must direct supplications first to Ife, then to Oyo, then to Benin, and then to all other parts of Yorubaland.

But no, this (according to @Fezz) actually proves that Benin obas are Egyptians since their crowns came originally from Egypt, right? LMAO!

(2) The Oba (Akenzua 2) of Benin was one of the Yoruba obas who attended the first conference of “Yoruba chiefs” where he satisfactorily agreed to the concession which pronounced each of the obas as having sprung originally from Ife.

(3) The first Ooni of Ife to step out of Ife visited Lagos to honour his friend’s (the Governor’s) invitation to quell a major issue in the Lagos region.

During his visit, he listed all the crowns that went out originally from Ife; and the Benin king’s crown was on the list.

At the meeting (with key personages in attendance) some important members were allowed to voice their thoughts in reply to the Ooni’s list and verdict.

Rather than object to the Ooni’s list or verdict, Chief Eletu* apparently praised it when given the opportunity to air his thoughts.
—————————
*The Chief Eletu is the second representative of Lagos at the meeting.

He is descended from the historic Eletu-Odibo who was appointed by a certain Benin oba to ensure that Ashipa is reminded not to side-line Benin kingdom in his govt.

The major Lagos representative at the meeting was Chief Aromire who is descended from the historic native Chief Aromire of Lagos.

Cheers!

Cc: Christistruth00

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 17, 2021
It is confirmed that what is happening in Warri is an attempted coup sponsored by the oni of IFA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llporKrPsbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2hU-ibkPfg
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 17, 2021
The Ascension to the throne of Olu is governed by laws, Tsola's Ascension goes against those laws. It is that simple. A clear case for the courts or even the state government.
Only the Olu can suspend the Ologbotsere, so people "suspending" him without any authority to do such are fools.
The continued agression from the Oni of IFA who falsely claims to be a peace maker will soon be answered. Itsikeri, Ife is trying to appropriate your throne.
Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by gregyboy(m): 12:34pm On Apr 17, 2021
Christistruth00:

Welcome TAO11

OYo was never an empire busy boy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2021
First of all, there is no such thing as Ooni of IfA.

I will pardon your misspelling of “Ife” as “IfA” only if you admit it as an error, or if you admit to be dyslexic. cheesy

Otherwise, you should provide an evidence (a verifiable evidence of course) to prove your spelling of “Ife” as “IfA”.

Truthshots2:
[s]It is confirmed that what is happening in Warri is an attempted coup sponsored by the oni of IFA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIporKrPsbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2hU-ibkPfg[/s]
For a Bini man to give up falsehood, he must not only be disgraced; he must be terribly disgraced publicly without an atom of mercy.

In other words, both your claim and your video are false and have been debunked by myself time and time again using classical writings:

(1) There is no evidence for your falsehood that only Oyo people are Yorubas. A popular but false claim without any evidence whatsoever.

(2) Your videos claim that the name “Yoruba” was first birthed as a group name in the 1800s.

This claim is actually debunked by the classical writings (of Ahmad Baba) from the early 1600s.

(3) The Evidence:
The embedded manuscript below (of Ahmad Baba) lists the name “Yoruba” (in the year 1615) among the names of other West African ethnic groups.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12934148_5117c6d550154217817d7c66b5fa0fe6_jpeg_jpeg2a73d5172c14cf7a7da91ff200688e3e

Below is an expert translation of the relevant section of this manuscript.

This translation was prepared by John Hunwick and Fatima Harrak for The Institute of African Studies Rabat, Morocco

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12934147_3336ed29985b499e82c4e140b455b9fa_jpeg_jpeg62ecafabb59c692d4ba471597fdf16bb

(4) We know this manuscript was written by Ahmad Baba in the year 1615 because Baba penned his date as highlighted (in the attached verso) below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13082305_6e49d8d129844a578af9272699e1586a_jpeg_jpeg2d5891d724a6428e2c0f4e6898bd60cc

The highlight here literally shows the wording “(the year) one thousand and twenty four (of the Hijrah)”.

When converted from this Hijri “AH” calendar into our Gregorian “AD” calendar; the year 1024 AH falls into the year 1615 AD

The formula “D = 0.9692*H + 622” proves practically useful for this conversion.

(5) In sum, your falsehood turns out to be a pain borne out of your frustration of being a minority.

Yes, the minority complex syndrome is a real thing. But you have a lifetime to deal with that.

Cheers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2021
There is no such thing as Ooni of IfA.

I will pardon your your misspelling of “Ife” as “IfA” only if you admit it as an error, or if you admit to be dyslexic. cheesy

Otherwise, you should provide an evidence (a verifiable evidence of course) to prove your spelling of “Ife” as “IfA”.

Truthshots2:
[s]The Ascension to the throne of Olu is governed by laws, Tsola's Ascension goes against those laws. It is that simple. A clear case for the courts or even the state government.
Only the Olu can suspend the Ologbotsere, so people "suspending" him without any authority to do such are fools.
The continued agression from the Oni of IFA who falsely claims to be a peace maker will soon be answered. Itsikeri, Ife is trying to appropriate your throne.[/s]

It is an unhidden fact that Itsekiri is a Yoruba sub-group.

Says who? shocked Well, says the Itsekiris themselves. smiley

(1) Quoting from the eyewitness account of Captain H. L. Gallwey’s “Journeys in the Benin Country”:

Let me now refer briefly to the tribes that people this part of the world. First we come to the Jakris, who are connected in race and language with the Yoruba people, extending from the Mahin country on the west to the Forcados on the East, and inland about as far as Sapele.

~ H. L. Gallwey, “Journeys in the Benin Country, West Africa,” The Geographical Journal, Vol. 1, No. 2 (Feb., 1893), p.127.

(2) Quoting from H. Ling Roth’s (1903) report from eyewitnesses of the late 1800s:

In this respect, however, the officials agree with the tradition of the people at Warri, the Jekries, who claim to come from the west.

~ H. Ling Roth, Great Benin: Its Customs, Arts and Horrors, (1903), pp.8-9.

In sum, the minority children of insecurity and inferiority complex (aka the Binis) should rest and seek other life aspirations.

Cheers! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by TAO11(f): 3:54pm On Apr 17, 2021
gregyboy:
OYo was never an empire busy boy
Says who? undecided

Let it not be that it’s a nobody saying that oo. cheesy

Cc: Christistruth00

6 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Are Part Of The Greater Oduduwa Family- Ooni by SirNewtonNG: 9:45am On Feb 21, 2022
Fezz:

This statement of yoursome is very funny kiss kiss.. It is obvious you don't know your history. Delta is divided into 3 major groups which are urobho, ijaw and itsekiri. The igbos are settlers there and not true indigens. The benins, esans, kukurukus, urobho, Itshekiris and ijaw all sprang from the same roots known as pa idu. In other words they are all blood brothers. During migration they spread out and created other indigenous settlements in edo/delta state of today.

The igbos migrated into the edo/delta lands through trading and in search of better arable land to farm and the benins welcomed them as visitors but the igbos being whom they always are took that kind gesture and misused it by trying to claim the land they were invited into.

The difference between the Benin Kingdom and the Yorubas is that Benin descendants are all connected by blood, from the benins to the esans, down to the ekweres are all blood connected, while the Yorubas are connected by forcing their language and culture on their subjects. Most people in Yorubas land today were dumped on Yoruba soil and most of them came from seria leon, Gabon etc. The only thing that brought them together is the language known as Yoruba.

Your hate for yoruba will be your d!!th, it will ch!!ke you as we will keep progressing. No one wad dumped anywhere. There was repatriation and it was mostly to lagos and abeokuta and this people knew their roots they barely left the shores of west Africa specifically sierra leone before coming back. The vast majority of yoruba people have been here amd identified as different ethnicities or kingdoms for as long as possible and al this has been documented in oral and recorded history and in practices. Nothing was forced on anyone. The only issue is you realize the yorubas are bigger than you, more populated with more land area. Also you realize the yorubas have been ruling your people as slavs for 1000 years hence your tears and wish that the yoruba people were just mixed forced or whatever unverified no proof nonsense you spew. I'm ijebu i know my yoruba identity like ekiti, awori, oyo, egba, yewa, ijesa, ondo, okun, ilaje, ikale people do recognize. May you continue to be frustrated at the mention of yoruba and may you continually be a sla!ve to the yoruba omo noba

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

War In Benin Kingdom As Ogiamen Names Himself Ruler... / Nnewi New Yam Festival Heard Today, It Looks So Demonic (photo) / My Take On Source of Yorubas from Benin As A Bini Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.