Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere - Culture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere (62591 Views)

Emami Presents Fake Ologbotsere Insignias To Olu Of Warri / Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom / Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TheOgaBoss: 9:43pm On Apr 17, 2021
newdawnlive:

what oil, who's talking about oil, must you rely your life to oil, when was oil discovered, is Nigeria not doing better when we haven't discovered the oil, let me tell you bro oil is no more profitable and in 5 to 10 years now the demand for oil will be drastically reduce. who's talking about oil when Tesla already take over wake up bro UK has no oil and is one of the top advance with robotics economy in the world, wake up from your slumber bro and stop fighting for already faded treasure. Yoruba don't need your rejected oil to be great.
"Yoruba don't need ...oil" and yet every Yoruba state goes to Abuja monthly, cap in hand to collect their monthly allawee, gotten from oil.
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by newdawnlive: 9:53pm On Apr 17, 2021
TheOgaBoss:
"Yoruba don't need ...oil" and yet every Yoruba state goes to Abuja monthly, cap in hand to collect their monthly allawee, gotten from oil.
so because of your yeye oil they will not collect their allocation, you talk like a primary 3 boy

2 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TheOgaBoss: 10:12pm On Apr 17, 2021
newdawnlive:

so because of your yeye oil they will not collect their allocation, you talk like a primary 3 boy
the bulk of the money comes from oil which you claimed they don't need, so who is talking like a primary 3 boy?
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 10:17pm On Apr 17, 2021
TheOgaBoss:
the bulk of the money comes from oil which you claimed they don't need, so who is talking like a primary 3 boy?
Stop ripping his reply off its intended context.

His comment is clearly to the effect that IF Nigeria splits, the Yoruba nation knows better to diversify than remain solely dependent on oil.

Your reply (which is out of his replies’ context) focuses on present Yoruba states which are still part of Nigeria, and as such entitled to Nigeria’s revenue regardless of whether Nigeria makes such revenue from oil or banana.

Cc: newdawnlive

5 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Sewgon79(m): 10:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
ogbonti:

what do you know about the Warri Kingdom?

The name "OGIAME" that every Olu of Warri is called is not a yoruba name- It is a Bini name - do you know that?

Do you also know that the name OMO NO OBA that Oba of Benin bears is from Yoruba means OMO OBA which translate the PRINCE

1 Like

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Sewgon79(m): 10:37pm On Apr 17, 2021
zeusdgrt:

Abeg stop typing nonsense,benin is not connected to yoruba.We have our history unlike the one u claimed one person came down from heaven, kindly ask ur oni why he visited the benin kingdom after and before coronation.We don't drag but we know the truth.

Ooni didn't visit after coronation. Get your history right. Ooni visit during coronation and it was your OMO NO OBA that visit HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY after the coronation.
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 10:40pm On Apr 17, 2021
Sewgon79:
Ooni didn't visit after coronation. Get your history right. Ooni visit during coronation and it was your OMO NO OBA that visit HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY after the coronation.
Neither did he visit there before his coronation. He is not required to make any such visit to his son’s kingdom.

It’s only Benin kings (as far as photographs and videos have ever captured) who must visit Ife right after their ascension to the Benin throne.

I know you’re angry, but please get used to Binis. They are born natural liars and thieves.

6 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by gregyboy(m): 11:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
ogbonti:

you are the one high on trash and you are a kid

Oba Erediauwa - the father of this current Oba played politics in 1991 when he indirectly told his chiefs to tell Benin people to vote for Chief John Odigie - Oyegun of SDP against Mr. Lucky Igbinedion of NRC - I was in Benin and I voted in that election (Option A-4 open ballot system, aka see me I see you) and so many bs happened then including the murder of Oredo LG Chairman Mr. George Osa Idah. Even the Oba had to wear red and go to court to defend himself against the allegations that Ogbinedion put forward that the Oba cost his son the election- That was an open secret in Benin then that the Oba campaigned secretly against Igbinedion through his Chiefs.

In 1999, that same Oba Erediauwa was backing Mr Lucky Imasuen of APP against Lucky Igbinedion of PDP and that made Navy Captain Anthony Ibe Onyearugbulem - the then Edo State Sole administrator to confront the Oba and told him to behave himself or else - most of us know how that ended, when he removed the Oba as Chairman of Edo State Traditional Council because he said the Oba was partisan.

Then his son Oba Ewuare was pulling that same stunt for Ize Iyamu - in 2019

Do you know what it means for the Oba to say his family didn’t like Obaseki because the role his great grand father played in the 1897 Benin Massacre and that Dangote was begging him to accept Obaseki’s candidacy in 2016 and that Phillip Shaibu is no longer his son bla bla bla abd that Oshomole is a good man and he has been helping him since he was a Prince bla bla bla

if you can not read in between the lines and his body language and know he was campaigning against Obaseki and expected him to say EDO PEOPLE VOTE FOR IZE IYAMU - then you are a BIG g Oa t

So your own focus is to read all oba of Benin body language

I dont want to believe you're a bini man

Anyway oba erediawa could have played politics because he had been in the affairs of politics since he was a youth with the military government during the time of gowon, and the benin monarch support is not an open one, it is within the palace which cannot make any significant effects on the entire vote

The palace given support is like the queen giving support to the prime minister

2 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by gregyboy(m): 11:26pm On Apr 17, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
And you've forgotten Yorubas own bini cheesy

The name itself is transformation from "Ile Ibinu" to "ubini" to "bini" of today.

Yoruba owns bini

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 11:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
How many times must your A.F.C. Ryder screenshot be debunked before you feel ashamed of yourself ?? cheesy

gregyboy:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13410734_beninife_jpeg6a7a60b85f1e96049f54408a72807f5b

Please point out one statement of fact/certainty from your A.F.C. Ryder 1965 screenshot. I would wait. smiley

While I’m waiting, refer carefully to the page below for a citation of A.F.C. Ryder 1969, p.31. — 4 years later. grin

Cheers!

Cc: ThatFairGuy1, Gbajure, Daum, UGBE634, b4bola, Simbrixton, Iamgrey5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13410825_d068e656589b4bbbb298a34dd1d5cdcc_jpeg_jpeg60c0b8c88f425856c2f91ce1774288a0

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Sewgon79(m): 11:47pm On Apr 17, 2021
Truthshots2:
The Ascension to the throne of Olu is governed by laws, Tsola's Ascension goes against those laws. It is that simple. A clear case for the courts or even the state government.
Only the Olu can suspend the Ologbotsere, so people "suspending" him without any authority to do such are fools.
The continued agression from the Oni of IFA who falsely claims to be a peace maker will soon be answered. Itsikeri, Ife is trying to appropriate your throne.

My brother go and learn from history. If OONI OF IFE didn't intervene on the issue it is better. Believe itsikeri are Yoruba and Yoruba comprise 90% population of itsikeri. We used to called them ilaje in Ondo.

So AYIRI can not oppose OONI OF IFE, that is reason he ran to his master, but not knowing his master too have master. What OONI OF IFE says is final. Mind you it is not OONI OF IFE that choose PRINCE EMIKO. It his itsikeri people that choose him and the reason OONI OF IFE intervene is because you can't rule out Yoruba from Itsikeri.Yoruba have more right to rule as Benin has same right. The law is for Urhobo and Ijaw not for Yoruba.

Go and write it down. OLU OF WARRI DESIGNATED, PRINCE TSOLA EMIKO will rule and this will be beginning of cross breading of Itsikeri/Yoruba/Benin as King in Warri. Not even AYIRI can stop it.

5 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 18, 2021
Sewgon79:

My brother go and learn from history. If OONI OF IFE didn't intervene on the issue it is better. Believe itsikeri are Yoruba and Yoruba comprise 90% population of itsikeri. We used to called them ilaje in Ondo.

So AYIRI can not oppose OONI OF IFE, that is reason he ran to his master, but not knowing his master too have master. What OONI OF IFE says is final. Mind you it is not OONI OF IFE that choose PRINCE EMIKO. It his itsikeri people that choose him and the reason OONI OF IFE intervene is because you can't rule out Yoruba from Itsikeri.Yoruba have more right to rule as Benin has same right. The law is for Urhobo and Ijaw not for Yoruba.

Go and write it down. OLU OF WARRI DESIGNATED, PRINCE TSOLA EMIKO will rule and this will be beginning of cross breading of Itsikeri/Yoruba/Benin as King in Warri. Not even AYIRI can stop it.

A whole bunch of nonsense. The Ologbotsere of Warri is not in the palace grounds of warri for the sole reason that a bunch of thugs have ganged up against him in that palace ground and would gladly kill him if they could.

Actually nobody cares about what your Oni of IFA says.

There is a law for the Ascension to the Olu throne, it is as simple as that. We live in a society governed by laws, not a lawless society. So whatever happens, the law is still against tsola who will never sleep easy because sooner or later, the law will prevail.

Your oni of IFA is only showing that he is a thug by showing support to the coup plottists who intend to use your oni of IFA's national influence as cover for their selfish and corrupt hijacking of the Olu throne.

And of course the ease with which the oni of IFA is being duped and used by the coup plottists shows he really is a dumb idiot. He thinks by supporting illegality, he would be able to claim warri through the backdoor. He thinks he is fooling everybody while he is the biggest fool of all.

Itsikeri are not yoruba, they never have been and never will be, they are a noble people, they are of Edo origin.

You can't just pick and choose which laws to follow and which ones to ignore. The law is not optional.

Basically, the coup plottists have a puppet (tsola) who can't become Olu because he doesn't fit the criteria. Therefore his becoming Olu and remaining only depends on the goodwill of the coup plottists. That is why tsola will be their slave and actually they would be ruling indirectly.
The use of irrelevant Oni of IFA in Warri Kingdom issues is more about national cover for their crime.

Also, in case you are not aware, your Oni of IFA is not even a real king, he is a priest and his actual king is the alafin of oyo.

1 Like

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 12:21am On Apr 18, 2021
Truthshots2:
[s] A whole bunch of nonsense. The Ologbotsere of Warri is not in the palace grounds of warri for the sole reason that a bunch of thugs have ganged up against him in that palace ground and would gladly kill him if they could.

Actually nobody cares about what your Oni of IFA says.

There is a law for the Ascension to the Olu throne, it is as simple as that. We live in a society governed by laws, not a lawless society. So whatever happens, the law is still against tsola who will never sleep easy because sooner or later, the law will prevail.

You oni of IFA is only showing that he is a thug by showing support to the coup plottists who intend to use your oni of IFA's national influence as cover for their selfish and corrupt hijacking of the Olu throne.

And of course the ease with which the oni of IFA is being duped and used by the coup plottists shows he really is a dumb idiot. He thinks by supporting illegality, he would be able to claim warri through the backdoor. He thinks he is fooling everybody while he is the biggest fool of all.

Itsikeri are not yoruba, they never have been and never will be, they are a noble people, they are of Edo origin.

You can't just pick and choose which laws to follow and which ones to ignore. The law is not optional.[/s]

(1) In Summary:
You’re basically postulating that the Ooni of Ife is so powerful to have been very influential in the Itsekiri palace politics even while the Itsekiri royalty is allegedly unrelated to him. #Boomerang. LMAO! grin

(2) Furthermore, there is no such thing as Ooni of IFA.

I would only pardon your misspelling of “Ife” as “IFA” on one of three conditions:

(I) If you admit it as a spelling error.

(II) If you admit to be suffering from dyslexia.

(III) If both (I) and (II) are simultaneously true at a time.

Otherwise, you must provide an evidence
(a verifiable evidence of course) to prove your spelling of Ooni of “Ife” as Ooni of “IFA”.

(3) Yes, the Itsekiris are a noble people — they are Yorubas. This has been repeatedly established with evidence on this thread.

You were debunked into oblivion. See link below for a gentle reminder.

https://www.nairaland.com/6510453/warri-succession-crisis-oba-benin/13#100880762

Cheers!

Cc: Sewgon97

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by ogbonti: 12:21am On Apr 18, 2021
gregyboy:

So your own focus is to read all oba of Benin body language

I dont want to believe you're a bini man

Anyway oba erediawa could have played politics because he had been in the affairs of politics since he was a youth with the military government during the time of gowon, and the benin monarch support is not an open one, it is within the palace which cannot make any significant effects on the entire vote

The palace given support is like the queen giving support to the prime minister

once again you are exposing yourself as a kid that you are

Do you know that 55% of communication is "BODY LANGUAGE?" - I didn't come out with these numbers on my own, it is a result of an extensive research done by Professor Albert Mehrabian of UCLA - attached below is a transcript of that work.

So stop talking trash here like reading one's body language when the person is talking is an alien concept - well may be to you because you are one.

Secondly, Prince Solomon Igbinoghodua Aisiokuoba Akenzua - who later became Oba Erediauwa on March 23, 1979 was a bureaucrat NOT a registered politician as a young man. He was a civil servant and retired as a Federal Permanent Secretary in 1971. So you are wrong to come here spewing ru bbi sh that Erediauwa was a registered politician under Gen Yakubu Gowon. He only started playing politics when he became Oba and that was very wrong of him as his father Godfrey Aiguobasinmwin Eweka (Akenzua II) was never a politician and he was very upright.

Can't you see I am not in your league in terms of information available to me and my ways of laying out facts or you are trying to learn freely from me by arguing blindly? grin grin grin

All these free lesson you are getting from me I will start charging you money for it....... grin

https://www.bl.uk/people/albert-mehrabian

1 Like

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by diplomat058(m): 12:28am On Apr 18, 2021
You are an embodiment of knowledge. Thumbs up. Lemme try the Ijebu dialect too. Èmí ọmọ yèyé rẹ lati Ìbàdàn lò mí nki é óò. E ku isẹ. O'dua aa gbé wa óò. Àṣẹ.
TAO11:

(1) In summary, you’re postulating that the Ooni of Ife is so powerful that he is very influential in Itsekiri palace politics even as the Itsekiris royalty is (according to you) unrelated to his him. #Boomerang. LMAO! grin

(2) Furthermore, there is no such thing as Ooni of IFA.

I would only pardon your misspelling of “Ife” as “IFA” on one of three conditions:

Otherwise, you must provide an evidence (a verifiable evidence of course) to prove your spelling of Ooni of “Ife” as Ooni of “IFA”.

(3) Yes, the Itsekiris are a noble people — they are Yorubas. This has been repeatedly established with evidence on this thread.

You were debunked into oblivion. See link below for a gentle reminder.

https://www.nairaland.com/6510453/warri-succession-crisis-oba-benin/13#100880762

Cheers!

Cc: Sewgon97

5 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 18, 2021
Basically, the coup plottists have a puppet (tsola) who can't become Olu because he doesn't fit the criteria. Therefore his becoming Olu and remaining Olu only depends on the goodwill of the coup plottists. That is why tsola will be their slave and actually they would be ruling indirectly.
The use of irrelevant Oni of IFA in Warri Kingdom issues is more about national cover for the crime of the coup plottists.

Whatever, this crime will not pass the test of time. Courts of law are there for a reason. If the state government doesn't act, the courts of law will act.
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 12:30am On Apr 18, 2021
diplomat058:
You are an embodiment of knowledge. Thumbs up. Lemme try the Ijebu dialect too. Èmí ọmọ yèyé rẹ lati Ìbàdàn lò mí nki é óò. E ku isẹ. O'dua aa gbé wa óò. Àṣẹ.
Smiles! smiley Àṣẹ oo! grin

1 Like

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 12:34am On Apr 18, 2021
Truthshots2:
[s]Basically, the coup plottists have a puppet (tsola) who can't become Olu because he doesn't fit the criteria. Therefore his becoming Olu and remaining Olu only depends on the goodwill of the coup plottists. That is why tsola will be their slave and actually they would be ruling indirectly.
The use of irrelevant Oni of IFA in Warri Kingdom issues is more about national cover for their crime.[/s] Whatever, this crime will not pass the test of time. Courts of law are there for a reason. If the state government doesn't act, the courts of law will act.
(1) How did the Ooni of Ife become so powerful and influential in the internal palace politics of Itsekiri if he is not their father? — Food for thought only for a sane, envy-free mind. cheesy

(2) There is no such thing as Ooni of IFA.

Otherwise, you must provide an evidence
(a verifiable evidence of course) to prove your spelling of Ooni of “Ife” as Ooni of “IFA”.

5 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by ogbonti: 12:34am On Apr 18, 2021
Sewgon79:

Do you also know that the name OMO NO OBA that Oba of Benin bears is from Yoruba means OMO OBA which translate the PRINCE

And do you know that the word you call Oranmiyan is actually OROMIA or Oromiyaa is a region in Ethiopia, home of the OROMO people? That is where your first Ooni of Yoruba Land came from. And people continue to tell lies here that Oduduwa fell from the sky bla bla bla - These Oduduwa - Oromiya were Arab - Hamito Semitic Fugitives who fled the Saudi - Yemen - Ethiopia region centuries ago and and travelled west ward through the Sudan and finally landed in Ife, I will paste a link for you below -- grin grin grin

BUT My focus is on Warri for now and stop derailing the thread grin - grin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oromia_Region
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Nobody: 12:37am On Apr 18, 2021
ogbonti:

And do you know that the word you call Oranmiyan is actually OROMIA or Oromiyaa is a region in Ethiopia, home of the OROMO people? That is where your first Ooni of Yoruba Land came from. And people continue to tell lies here that Oduduwa fell from the sky bla bla bla - These Oduduwa - Oromiya were Arab Fugitives who fled the Saudi - Yemen area and travelled west ward through the Ethiopia - Sudan and finally landed in Ife, I will paste a link for you below -- grin grin grin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oromia_Region
Actually, the guy who was inventing the story must have borrowed the name from Ethiopia, all these fairytales should have died decades ago, but education is too slow to catch up with Nigerians who seem very logic-proof.
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by ogbonti: 12:38am On Apr 18, 2021
TAO11:
Sharrap! Your name is Jude Igbinoba. cheesy

Show me the “Obaseki” in your name. Liar! grin

Also, the Oba of Benin is constitutionally under the authority of the Chairman, Oredo Local Government.

Cc: Daum, ogbonti

chai - you are wicked, you don fall this guy hand grin grin grin grin

The bold parts - you are absolutely correct!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by ogbonti: 12:41am On Apr 18, 2021
Truthshots2:

Actually, the guy who was inventing the story must have borrowed the name from Ethiopia, all these fairytales should have died decades ago, but education is too slow to catch up with Nigerians who seem logic-proof.

you too much grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by ogbonti: 12:46am On Apr 18, 2021
Daum:

Well you are not Edo. To the average Edo man, after God it's the Oba of Benin. All monarchs are political. It only depends to which degree does the throne go about it. I repeat all monarchs, even the Papacy in Rome was very political.

The issue I talked about has nothing to do with politics. It's something I can't share with you. So no governor can really do the sanusi stuff to the Oba of Benin. Not now, maybe 100 years from now.

True, Monarchs should not influence electoral processes. Very true, but they will always do to a lesser degree

To me, Obaseki is under the Oba of Benin.
Forget about the constitution for now...

I am an ardent defender of the Oba of Benin on this forum - and if you have been following me for a while here you will know. BUT I am too old to see black and call it white because OF ANY MERE MORTAL. You have to be able to separate showing "RESPECT" to the Oba from saying the "FACTS" about his behavior - thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 12:49am On Apr 18, 2021
ogbonti:
[s]And do you know that the word you call Oranmiyan is actually OROMIA or Oromiyaa is a region in Ethiopia, home of the OROMO people? That is where your first Ooni of Yoruba Land came from. And people continue to tell lies here that Oduduwa fell from the sky bla bla bla - These Oduduwa - Oromiya were Arab - Hamito Semitic Fugitives who fled the Saudi - Yemen - Ethiopia region centuries ago and and travelled west ward through the Sudan and finally landed in Ife, I will paste a link for you below -- grin grin grin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oromia_Region[/s]
Truthshots2:
[s]Actually, the guy who was inventing the story must have borrowed the name from Ethiopia, all these fairytales should have died decades ago, but education is too slow to catch up with Nigerians who seem very logic-proof.[/s]
Crappy crap!

This is the very strain of crap that made grown-up Binis stoop to shit and claim their oba once owned Japan.

The fact that words sound/look quite alike by virtue of some coincidence has no bearing on the actual origin of the peoples or of any relationship for that matter.

Otherwise, you may claim (on the basis of such random coincidences) that Yorubas are originally from England, because of the following coincidences:

[me] English: ‘me’ | [èmi] Yoruba: ‘me’

[yawn] English: ‘yawn’ | [yán] Yoruba: ‘yawn’

[ruin] English: ‘ruin’ | [rūn] Yoruba: ‘ruin’

[iron] English: ‘iron’ | [irin] Yoruba: ‘iron’

[in] English: ‘in’ | [inú] Yoruba: ‘in’

Or that the people of Oyo were once the owners/rulers of Australia given the common coincidence of the word “Katunga” which is the name of an Australian town, and also the ancient northern name of Oyo.

Random coincidences are found throughout the world in any two combination of languages one examines from the set of world languages.

Also, Oduduwa didn’t literally drop from the sky just as Ogiso Igodo didn’t literally drop from the sky, and just as Alexander-the-Great didn’t literally have horns.

These are mere well-known romanticization of the lives of great historical personages. Such literary devices are found throughout world cultures.

Oduduwa is a Yoruba man from the hilly settlement of Oke-Ora on the outskirts of the Ife bowl ~ So says the actual Yoruba narrative regarding his historical roots.

Cheers!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 18, 2021
ogbonti:

I am an ardent defender of the Oba of Benin on this forum - and if you have been following me for a while here you will know. BUT I am too old to see black and call it white because OF ANY MERE MORTAL. You have to be able to separate showing "RESPECT" to the Oba from saying the "FACTS" about his behavior - thank you!

Sorry, I quoted the wrong person.
Stop with your "body language" though, you are not a psychiatrist, therefore you can't analyse people's psychology. Don't dive into conspiracy theories, you have many good contributions, don't spoil that.
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 12:59am On Apr 18, 2021
Truthshots2:
[s]Sorry, I quoted the wrong person.
Stop with your "body language" though, you are not a psychiatrist, therefore you can't analyse people's psychology. Don't dive into conspiracy theories, you have many good contributions, don't spoil that.[/s]
Psychiatrist ke? shocked

Does the Oba of Benin have mental illness?? grin

Cc: ogbonti

2 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by ogbonti: 1:04am On Apr 18, 2021
TAO11:

Crappy crap!

This is the very strain of crap that made grown-up Binis stoop to shit to claim that their oba once was the owner/ruler of Japan.

The fact that words sound/look quite alike by virtue of some coincidence has no bearing on the actual origin of the peoples or of any relationship for that matter.

Otherwise, you may claim (on the basis of such random coincidences) that Yorubas are originally from England, because of the following coincidences:

[me] English: ‘me’ | [èmi] Yoruba: ‘me’

[yawn] English: ‘yawn’ | [yán] Yoruba: ‘yawn’

[ruin] English: ‘ruin’ | [rūn] Yoruba: ‘ruin’

[iron] English: ‘iron’ | [irin] Yoruba: ‘iron’

[in] English: ‘in’ | [inú] Yoruba: ‘in’

Or that the people of Oyo were once the owners/rulers of Australia considering the coincidental occurrence of the word “Katunga” which is the name of an Australian town, and also the ancient northern name of Oyo.

Random coincidences are found throughout the world in any two combination of languages one examines from the set of world languages.

Also, Oduduwa didn’t literally drop from the sky just as Ogiso Igodo didn’t literally drop from the sky, and just as Alexander-the-Great didn’t literally have horns.

These are mere well-known romanticization of the lives of great historical personages. Such literary devices are found throughout world cultures.

Oduduwa is a Yoruba man from the hilly settlement of Oke-Ora on the outskirts of the Ife bowl ~ So says the actual Yoruba narrative regarding his historical roots.

Cheers!

grin grin grin grin - I am here for Iysekiri matter - ONLY grin grin grin grin
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 1:06am On Apr 18, 2021
ogbonti:
grin grin grin grin - I am here for Iysekiri matter - ONLY grin grin grin grin
Cool & Fair!

I had to quickly correct that misinformation before folks run along with it.

3 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by ogbonti: 1:17am On Apr 18, 2021
TAO11:
Cool & Fair!

I had to quickly correct that misinformation before folks run along with it.

No misinformation - I do not just want to talk about it here as your mission is to drown the Itsekiri matter with irrelevant contributions

If you want me to talk deeply about it - open a thread for that matter and mention me, you will see fireworks of facts from me grin
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 1:21am On Apr 18, 2021
ogbonti:
[s]No misinformation - I do not just want to talk about it here as your mission is to drown the Itsekiri matter with irrelevant contributions

If you want me to talk deeply about it - open a thread for that matter and mention me, you will see fireworks of facts from me grin[/s]
You have no case.

I’ve got ‘bigger fishes’ to fry.

Take you own “thread” advice.

Next!

3 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by ogbonti: 2:37am On Apr 18, 2021
TAO11:
You have no case.

I’ve got ‘bigger fishes’ to fry.

Take you own “thread” advice.

Next!

you are a penkelemes grin
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 2:50am On Apr 18, 2021
ogbonti:
you are a penkelemes grin
I love you too. kiss /s

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (59) (Reply)

Funny Pidgin Proverbs / In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint / Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.