Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,998 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday (37784 Views)

N100 Daily Tax: Kano Keke Riders Begin Indefinite Strike, As People Climb Trucks / Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations / FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by Lionize: 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
I know these people don't know driverless cars have started operating in some areas abroad. If they charge low, please work independently. Do your kabukabu and leave their platform.

Increase fare na for which person pocket?

4 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by okrikaboi: 6:32pm On Apr 17, 2021
Which time wey students go vex go on strike?
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by deflover(m): 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2021
They are mad
So make dem increase price
So dem no know say the companies too dey look at more riders over time than less riders with higher cost
Thunder fire una angry
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by freemi(m): 6:45pm On Apr 17, 2021
SweetDipBenny:
Yes. Use to b uber but change to bolt but some people still call it uber
u r wrong bro. Use Google. Bolt and Uber ain't same

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by Phargbemmy(m): 6:56pm On Apr 17, 2021
*Quote*:

We can place these demands before them(App providers):-.
1. Base fare increase to N600
2. Per kilometer.- N80.
3. Per minute. - N15
4. Minimum fare should be 1k.
5. Riders should be properly profile
6. Cancellation fare should be reintroduce.
7. Insurance package for drivers
8. End of the year package for drivers
9. Commission to be reduce to 10%

3 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by jpworld(m): 6:58pm On Apr 17, 2021
Phargbemmy:
*Quote*:

We can place these demands before them(App providers):-.
1. Base fare increase to N600
2. Per kilometer.- N80.
3. Per minute. - N15
4. Minimum fare should be 1k.
5. Riders should be properly profile
6. Cancellation fare should be reintroduce.
7. Insurance package for drivers
8. End of the year package for drivers
9. Commission to be reduce to 10%

Go and open your own app, then demand high fee, let's see if rider will join you.

Any of my driver that join this stupid strike will be fired.

4 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by jpworld(m): 7:00pm On Apr 17, 2021
Lionize:
I know these people don't know driverless cars have started operating in some areas abroad. If they charge low, please work independently. Do your kabukabu and leave their platform.

Increase fare na for which person pocket?

Don't mind them.

Increase fare? Who go pay?

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by Map1(m): 7:07pm On Apr 17, 2021
Numerouno94:
Was i the only one that thought it was Usain Bolt ? gringrin
Usain bolt and Usain Uber kee you
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by jpworld(m): 7:10pm On Apr 17, 2021
Phargbemmy:

Should the investor always run at loss?? Uber Bolt should be a luxury and as such passengers should treat the investors right and these platform too should see thing from the economic point of view and stop enslaving the investors.

The investors own the car, fuel it, serviced it, maintain it, face law enforcement intimidations and after all Uber will charge 25% on every 100made while Bolt charges 20%!. As an investor when will you make ROI on a car you invested 2.5m on?

Go and create your own uber. Did uber force you to invest? If the business no pay you, quit and do something else.

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by Blackdisciple(m): 7:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
And how will that affect me!!!
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by Numerouno94(m): 7:25pm On Apr 17, 2021
Map1:
Usain bolt and Usain Uber kee you
Re u one of the drivers?
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by azpekuliar: 8:17pm On Apr 17, 2021
meemee:
... Now every free thinking able bodied bearded young man is dreaming after a Corrolla 2006. An easier and comfortable way of escaping the rigors of trying to figure out meaningful values to create. Something is wrong with our nature.

Wicked! cheesy

Well that way is still more honest, more honorable than the rent-seeking being displayed on a daily basis by members of the NURTW/Agberos on commercial bus drivers.

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by bonnyhope: 8:20pm On Apr 17, 2021
Who cares about uber or bolt
Na dem hunger go wire

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by irijuola: 8:28pm On Apr 17, 2021
lekki1444:
shocked and why is it that all uber drivers use toyota corolla ?

Are you joking? Cos I've entered rav 4 and matrix before asides the Toyota Corolla.
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by Comedian2019: 8:28pm On Apr 17, 2021
I'll be concerned only when Danfo goes on strike. They are the last hope of the common worker.

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by trevorhorace(m): 8:33pm On Apr 17, 2021
SenorFax:

They are not going on strike for your class. grin

Pele o class captain. Na common taxi you dey use measure pesin wealth. Have you now seen the level of your sense.

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by BAZ001: 8:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
trevorhorace:

Pele o class captain. Na common taxi you dey use measure pesin wealth. Have you now seen the level of your sense.

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by AKAFINA101(m): 8:46pm On Apr 17, 2021
i do not know what % is uber and bolt are collecting in Nigeria? but i know of a taxi company in europe that only collect 2% has commission they should look into % the companies are collecting from a trip as well.

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by BAZ001: 8:52pm On Apr 17, 2021
Phargbemmy:
*AGENDA FOR THE STRIKE ACTIONS ON A DAILY SCHEDULE.!*

*�Monday 19th : Local Government Strike Enforcement Activities to start from 5am at different strategic locations. All to move back to their local government designated Venue by afternoon for demonstration*

*�Tuesday 20th : *Enforcement continues! All gather at local government and drive together to national stadium for Massive Protest and drive to Alausa Ikeja, all must be at stadium by 9am.!*

All these process should not exceed 6pm in Alausa .

*�Wednesday 21st : All Converge in National Stadium or Any other place that has enough space for National Deliberation.*

*�Thursday 22nd : We Go Back to Our Local Government Enforcement Processes.*

*�Friday 23rd : We Stage another Mass protest, these time we can split ourselves in different groups for different protest locations.!*

*�Saturday 24th : All Drivers Converge again to deliberate the Way Out venue will be communicated.!*

How do we ensure or encourage other drivers to join or put off their App that day
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by LagBlogger(m): 9:03pm On Apr 17, 2021
irijuola:

Are you joking? Cos I've entered rav 4 and matrix before asides the Toyota Corolla.

Even 406 and 307

Some use Honda civic and Kia rio

3 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by poweredcom(m): 9:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
All d lekki runs gals go suffer o how Dem wan take ho do home service now hahaha
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by Alexaonfleek: 9:31pm On Apr 17, 2021
BedroomSecret:
Something should be done to stop them from embarking on strike because last last, common man will suffer it

Please, check my signature
Which common man
Common man wey dey use danfo

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by okwusdidi: 9:40pm On Apr 17, 2021
The drivers are saying that they are running their business at a loss because of the the way the app companies are charging their customers. The truth of the matter is thst if things remain the same because the aim of business is to make profit which they are not making coupled with the security challenges in the country I would say then that ehailing is definitely going to fail in Nigeria.But their is keke okada and danfo available for public transportation and even the yellow taxi.

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by JeffreyJames(m): 9:47pm On Apr 17, 2021
Lmao I can assure you that there are thousands of Uber and Bolt drivers who doesn't even know this Union exists, not to talk of even embarking on any strike.

6 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by BAZ001: 9:52pm On Apr 17, 2021
poweredcom:
All d lekki runs gals go suffer o how Dem wan take ho do home service now hahaha

Also travelers that just arrived Lagos, airport taxi go use dem chup 1 month fare. I wish the strike can hold so we can see the impact
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by Richie77: 10:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
lekki1444:

No be only u dey think am oo. The fuel efficiency is out of this world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by nonhuman(m): 10:58pm On Apr 17, 2021
Numerouno94:
Was i the only one that thought it was Usain Bolt ? gringrin
you are alone Bros
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by Homiesjinxbank: 11:03pm On Apr 17, 2021
Both the Uber and the bolt drivers are stupid, they're bunch of idiotic fellows, they want to strike because uber and bolt no increase fare money... Is that not stupid? Is uber or bolt responsible for the price of fuel ni?? No be una carry APC enter If una strike, na ogun go kill una

shogotermies:
Why are you guys going on strike?
Can we get a summary pls?

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by Ajibade123(m): 11:07pm On Apr 17, 2021
lekki1444:
na Porsche make dy use??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much Do I Have To Budget For Visa To These Countries? / Beautiful Landscape Of Gombe State , North East, Nigeria / 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.