Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,990 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday (37749 Views)

N100 Daily Tax: Kano Keke Riders Begin Indefinite Strike, As People Climb Trucks / Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations / FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by Hallabee1(m): 11:24pm On Apr 17, 2021
Aje...

if dem go me self will go on hunger strike, na only dem sabi go, soon senator will go, so why won't I go, I begy....
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by charlesucheh(m): 11:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
Phargbemmy:
PEPDA PRESS CONFERENCE NOW IN PUBLIC SPACE TO NOTIFY THE GENERAL PUBLIC OF THE UPCOMING STRIKE ACTION AGAINST UBER and BOLT

*Fraternal greetings to the Community of E-hailing Drivers. It's our pleasure to notify you that the Press Conference held yesterday which was covered by Over 10 media houses, is now making rounds in the public space.*

*This development coupled with the awareness by PEDPA Media team as well as the cooperation from many Drivers in the Community, has really gone a long way to raise the consciousness of the general public for the upcoming strike action.*

*We herein urge all the drivers in the community, and all the Group Admins to join forces and ensure this strike remains a historic campaign ever in the history of E-hailing Business in Nigeria and across the world.*

*In addition, please note that PEDPA has put in place adequate arrangements to ensure we Professionally manage our lease and fleet partners for the strike action. The arrangements includes:*

▪️ *An official Communique requesting their cooperation.*

▪️ *The Itinery for the strike periods.*

▪️ *Our demands from the App Companies.*

▪️ *And the official Press release already in public space.*

*All of this are already at your disposal. Please make wise and diligent use of them. Please feel free to contact PEDPA National President or any of the Executives if your partner needs further explanations.*

*We therefore call on all to stamp their foot in this historic change about to be witnessed in the E-hailing industry in Nigeria.*

*Please accept our warm greetings and love in the spirit of Oneness and Comradeship.*

✍️ *PEDPA SECRETARIAT.*

*ALUTA CONTINUA.... VICTORIA ACERTA* ��

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/uber-bolt-drivers-threaten-strike-on-monday/
This people are making me laugh!

Where do they think was Nigeria before the advent of E-hailing?
.Even as at their usage, the majority of Nigerians still prefer to Tàmò Danfos and Molues!

y'all should go sought it out with your app company, else na Hunger go kpai una! Nigerians no send!

we Move.....

3 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by deenee: 11:32pm On Apr 17, 2021
oluwasegun007:
Who will loose??

Good question. The strike is dead in arrival

One about 75% of driver are driving for another person meaning that they are obligated to make daily returns

Even the ones that are owner managers are under some kind of lease arrangement

Most of the driver carry off line rides which typically form about 45% of their rides and this is done using Uber/Bolt resources. These Fintechs know this and have factored this loss of income into the pricing so its a simple case of pickin wey say him mama no go sleep, himself no go take eye see sleep.

The same striking drivers will still carry offline passengers from next week.

3 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by Mcreloaded(m): 11:34pm On Apr 17, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
With the way things dey go presently for this country,I believe say very soon even agbero go still go on strike

Just imagine beggars going on strike. There will be serious problem.
I remember a book I read called BEGGERS STRIKE.

It was not funny.

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by ogwuche4u(m): 11:38pm On Apr 17, 2021
Some saboteurs will boycott the proposed strike. Statements like my family will die of hunger if I don't work will start popping.
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by SenorFax(m): 11:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
trevorhorace:

Pele o class captain. Na common taxi you dey use measure pesin wealth. Have you now seen the level of your sense.
Now you see how painful it is. Let people protest in peace.
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by soshegzz(m): 12:04am On Apr 18, 2021
My own is let the companies reduce their commissions. Naa driver de face d whole hard work while they’re in the office enjoying A/c
What’s so wrong in profiling the riders that makes request?

Something needs to be done ( a balance)

Ciao

4 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by ShoeShineGuy: 1:22am On Apr 18, 2021
deedee44:
Cool but what has Alausa got to do with the demands? Government is not responsible for the fares and rider profiling.
I didn't see on the agenda where marching to uber and bolt offices is mentioned

Misplaced priority o.. or just maybe they want Sanwo to announce and hand them an executive order implementing their increased fare rates.

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by Kolaboluv7(m): 1:24am On Apr 18, 2021
Bolt/Uber drivers wife after reading this
Wife- Honey
Husband- yes
Wife- wetin i hear so?
Husband- wetin you hear?
Wife- I just dey hear now say ena won go on strike.
Husband- you don hear am already na abi wetin you won still hear again?
Wife- if na play make ena just stop am.. Abi april fool don pass na?
Husband- April fool dey finish for Nigeria?
Landlord- papa chisom papa chisom
Husband (papa chisom)- lipsrsealed
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by Map1(m): 2:11am On Apr 18, 2021
Numerouno94:

Re u one of the drivers?
I am two of the driver
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by dontbothermuch: 2:18am On Apr 18, 2021
This was what Twitter saw
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by gaddafe(m): 2:40am On Apr 18, 2021
tunapawizzy:

please tell me...they want more money?

so you don't even know why they're about to go on strike. Na wa o.

They're saying the Tfare been charged by Uber/bolt is too cheap and should be reviewed upwards so that their own money can also increase.
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by tunapawizzy: 3:19am On Apr 18, 2021
gaddafe:

so you don't even know why they're about to go on strike. Na wa o.

They're saying the Tfare been charged by Uber/bolt is too cheap and should be reviewed upwards so that their own money can also increase.
I didn't know for sure but ofcourse what else would it be. So how is this not an opportunity for a new entrant. Give them more simple. The only way start ups happen is to propose and deliver better value for partners( in this case drivers), sacrifice as platform provider, let them have more then charge them to deliver better service to people using the service. U don't have to start operating on the same profitability level as uber/bolt from day one. Bolt sacrificed a lot to be able to enter too. It's business, different business decision/approach at different point in the life cycle of a business. The time to make more will come, for now get customers, build credibility n survive.
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by ofiko123(m): 4:18am On Apr 18, 2021
Terrible, very terrible..
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:12am On Apr 18, 2021
See some people dey beg make dem no go strike because e go affect their own finance...

This is where Nigerians problem dey.

We lack one voice in fighting...

Instead make dem support d notion, dem dey beg make strike no happen.

This is why this country dey go backwards, cos when it's time to fight for what's of beneficial to the citizens, some go back out and start condemning the movement.

Something wey go benefit dem oooh.

SMH.
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by Numerouno94(m): 10:13am On Apr 18, 2021
Map1:
I am two of the driver
If u like b 10 of the drivers. grin
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by Tundex911: 10:17am On Apr 18, 2021
Country hard

Smh
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by Map1(m): 10:33am On Apr 18, 2021
Numerouno94:

If u like b 10 of the drivers. grin
Let be more serious Nigerians like enslaved them self,if someone employed you and you are not convenient with the condition you withdraw from it, you don't just create problem where there is no one,I just hate it when someone determined my faith, I could remembered when I was working as a sales representative in a telecom company in Ibadan,I had to resign due to the inconvenience,if they are not satisfied with the condition let them with draw.

3 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by mywells: 11:26am On Apr 18, 2021
Half page drivers every where who cares if you go on strike,even you can go to he'll. I want to drive uber I want to drive bolt now you want to go on strike hunger go kill your families.premium slave trade drivers uber & bolt drivers.slavery at the highest order shits like flies and mosquitoes drivers. doing somebody's else job. why not direct your protest to uber or bolt office make thunder fire your generation.Can you imagine after your destiny have been used you want to protest, go on and get lock up for disturbing the peace of the state.

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by mywells: 11:35am On Apr 18, 2021
Map1:
Let be more serious Nigerians like enslaved them self,if someone employed you and you are not convenient with the condition you withdraw from it, you don't just create problem where there is no one,I just hate it when someone determined my faith, I could remembered when I was working as a sales representative in a telecom company in Ibadan,I had to resign due to the inconvenience,if they are not satisfied with the condition let them with draw.
exactly
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by mywells: 11:41am On Apr 18, 2021
ogwuche4u:
Some saboteurs will boycott the proposed strike. Statements like my family will die of hunger if I don't work will start popping.
During Governor fashola first 6 months he introduced brand new cars starting from Nissan to Toyota corolla and Honda city non of these boys could come out and drive one they left it to those baba mulika, today where is baba mulika,
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by mywells: 11:42am On Apr 18, 2021
ShoeShineGuy:

Misplaced priority o.. or just maybe they want Sanwo to announce and hand them an executive order implementing their increased fare rates.
it can not work uber don't pay taxes
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by mywells: 11:48am On Apr 18, 2021
drmikeadams:

Heartless riders five humans will enter one car ,going from shitta to bode Thomas for 400 naira..

come to Africa shrine on weekend one would request like 8riders would jump into the car and if you complain they would not rate the driver and send complain as receit to bolt or uber then they block you app for two-weeks

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by mywells: 11:54am On Apr 18, 2021
Phargbemmy:
*Quote*:

We can place these demands before them(App providers):-.
1. Base fare increase to N600
2. Per kilometer.- N80.
3. Per minute. - N15
4. Minimum fare should be 1k.
5. Riders should be properly profile
6. Cancellation fare should be reintroduce.
7. Insurance package for drivers
8. End of the year package for drivers
9. Commission to be reduce to 10%

These won't work sir, the only way it can work is that if the car belongs to you all the particular of the car are in your name, but giving it out to one Hungary driver on the street won't solved the matter.

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by mywells: 12:03pm On Apr 18, 2021
Orange Cabs, Red Cabs, Metro Taxi, Lagos state Taxi, who among these Uber & bolt drivers have driven or pass through this cabs company as a driver? if there is non then all uber and bolt drivers are stupid at the highest order.

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by MummyD2020(f): 2:21pm On Apr 18, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
With the way things dey go presently for this country,I believe say very soon even agbero go still go on strike

I dont care who goes on strike but if market women go, we don die for lagos.
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by jpworld(m): 3:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
mywells:
Orange Cabs, Red Cabs, Metro Taxi, Lagos state Taxi, who among these Uber & bolt drivers have driven or pass through this cabs company as a driver? if there is non then all uber and bolt drivers are stupid at the highest order.

Gentlelife50 deedee44. None of them want to work, but want to be overnight millionaires.
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by deedee44: 3:24pm On Apr 18, 2021
jpworld:

Gentlelife50 deedee44. None of them want to work, but want to be overnight millionaires.

Your thunder is on the fire, it will be done if you mention me senselessly again

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by mywells: 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2021
jpworld:

As in they lack experience from all ramifications.
Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by jpworld(m): 3:51pm On Apr 18, 2021
mywells:
As in they lack experience from all ramifications.

Those drivers lack common sense

They think running a company is the same with driving to Kaduna. The only experience i agree they have is driving.

Then they believe because i can drive to Kaduna successfully, i can run a company successfully.

One bingo called Deedee44 claim drivers are feeding me, because they are driving for me.

Can you say bank workers are feeding bank owner

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by mywells: 4:16pm On Apr 18, 2021
jpworld:

Those drivers lack common sense

They think running a company is the same with driving to Kaduna. The only experience i agree they have is driving.

Then they believe because i can drive to Kaduna successfully, i can run a company successfully.

One bingo called Deedee44 claim drivers are feeding me, because they are driving for me.

Can you say bank workers are feeding bank owner
Apart from the art of driving there many things attributed to driving,the cost of maintainace, stress of driving, fueling of the car, cost of data, destinations.

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday by ShoeShineGuy: 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2021
mywells:
it can not work uber don't pay taxes

Of course I know, just trying to remotely explain their unexplainable venture to Alausa!
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Terrible Accident In Kogi Kills Many (Graphic Photos) / Passengers Travelling To Zaria Involved In Accident, Many Dead (Graphic Photos) / Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.