Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,725 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

How Does One Become An Atheist? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does One Become An Atheist? (1998 Views)

How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? / As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by Ammishaddai: 10:17pm On Apr 18, 2021
kingxsamz:

If both of you enter a room and you see a dead body, and then you go ahead to say that you're convinced without doubt that it was a little rock from space that hit him on the head, the burden is on you to prove it. The other person you entered the room with didn't make any claim and decides to wait for forensics. You no sabi book or are you a secondary school student? undecided
My basic problem with you is the stupidity attached to your Athesim. And I believe part of it stems from lacking the ability to read and comprehend. So kindly do me a favor and read the analogy again and digest before before flooding this thread with your stupidity
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Wrong analogy again. We both enter the room...or are you not following?
You assume my position on what my reaction would be if we both enter a room and saw a death person.

My immediate reaction won't be on assuming that okay this is the cause of his death, I won't be quick to guess the cause of death without atleast examining the body.

But you on the other have an hypothesis on the cause of death, which mean you most have saw something that I missed and I am curious to know the clue I most have missed.
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by kingxsamz(m): 10:22pm On Apr 18, 2021
Ammishaddai:
My basic problem with you is the stupidity attached to your Athesim. And I believe part of it stems from lacking the ability to read and comprehend. So kindly do me a favor and read the analogy again and digest before before flooding this thread with your stupidity

Lmao this one is a ranting cow.
I've addressed your poor analogy and you're asking me to go through it again.
Let me just assume that you're a teenager so I won't be wasting my time arguing. Goodnight.
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by Ammishaddai: 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2021
CamusMidas:

You assume my position on what my reaction would be if we both enter a room and saw a death person.

My immediate reaction won't be on assuming that okay this is the cause of his death, I won't be quick to guess the cause of death without atleast examining the body.

But you on the other have an hypothesis on the cause of death, which mean you most have saw something that I missed and I am curious to know the clue I most have missed.
Bro you're not making sense. The analogy is we both entered the room and upon seeing a dead person, we both have different guesses on the likely cause of death. This is the foundation for our investigation. And the burden of proof lies on both of us to prove. This is simple except you want to be funny with word play
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 18, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lmao this one is a ranting cow.
I've addressed your poor analogy and you're asking me to go through it again.
Let me just assume that you're a teenager so I won't be wasting my time arguing. Goodnight.
Clearly and with one bar of brain power.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 18, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Bro you're not making sense. The analogy is we both entered the room and upon seeing a dead person, we both have different guesses on the likely cause of death. This is the foundation for our investigation. And the burden of proof lies on both of us to prove. This is simple except you want to be funny with word play
Can someone just shoot me already.
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by Ammishaddai: 10:32pm On Apr 18, 2021
CamusMidas:

From the bolded in this post, this doesn't still well with the analogy of what we are driving at.

Because our argument is on the existence of God. And if we compare the analogy I gave it sits perfectly well to start our argument because it has all the premises
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 18, 2021
Ammishaddai:
From the bolded in this post, this doesn't still well with the analogy of what we are driving at.

Because our argument is on the existence of God. And if we compare the analogy I gave it sits perfectly well to start our argument because it has all the premises
You said there is a God, an atheist said he doesn't know and didn't claim that Allah or Zeus is the god but simply ask you to prove that your God exists.
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by Ammishaddai: 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2021
CamusMidas:

You said there is a God, an atheist said he doesn't know and didn't claim that Allah or Zeus is the god but simply ask you to prove that your God exists.
Wrong way of placing the question : both sides hold different views of the existence and nonexistentence of a God. And it is left for both sides to state their case in the light of logic. So the burden of proof lies on both parties.

P. S : Atheism is a belief system that hold the belief that there is no God. Such an ascertion must be held accountable by providing evidence of the belief
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Wrong way of placing the question : both sides hold different views of the existence and nonexistentence of a God. And it is left for both sides to state their case in the light of logic. So the burden of proof lies on both parties.

P. S : Atheism is a belief system that hold the belief that there is no God. Such an ascertion must be held accountable by providing evidence of the belief
The painful part about this discussion is that you think you are making sense.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by Ammishaddai: 10:58pm On Apr 18, 2021
CamusMidas:

The painful part about this discussion is that you think you are making sense.
Well, that view does not concern you since you're not really in the best position to decide what makes sense or not
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by shadeyinka(m): 6:13am On Apr 19, 2021
falcon01:
so wasn't created? how did he or she or it came to existence?

FatherOfJesus:
For a creator

Wade through this if you are truthready and answer the question: How!

1. Every Event has a Cause!
2. Every Cause produces an Event
3. Infinite regression of Cause and Event is impossible in timespace

Therefore:
Because, Cause and Events truely exists, logic 1 and 2 are violated

How?
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by FatherOfJesus: 7:06am On Apr 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

Wade through this if you are truthready and answer the question: How!

3. Infinite regression of Cause and Event is impossible in timespace

Therefore:
Because, Cause and Events truely exists, logic 1 and 2 are violated

How?
The number 3 is a special pleading fallacy.

You will eventually created a turtled all the way down effect. The argument will create a vicious circle in the end and it doesn’t make sense.
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by shadeyinka(m): 9:23am On Apr 19, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
The number 3 is a special pleading fallacy.

You will eventually created a turtled all the way down effect. The argument will create a vicious circle in the end and it doesn’t make sense.
If the number 3 is false, considering the fact that the universe has a scientific beginning of about 13.7 billion years ago;

Is Infinite regression of Cause and Event possible in time-space?

To help you out, consider the trinity of time, space and matter.
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by FatherOfJesus: 9:34am On Apr 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

If the number 3 is false, considering the fact that the universe has a scientific beginning of about 13.7 billion years ago;

To help you out, consider the trinity of time, space and matter.

Help who out?
You barely understand the concept of the beginning of the universe.

Big Bang is not the absolute beginning of the universe, Big Bang only explains that the universe started expanding from a singularity, Big Bang doesn’t account for the beginning of that singularity and how it got there. Read about Big Crunch you will understand that your argument is faulty. No one knows the absolute scientific beginning yet.
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by shadeyinka(m): 9:38am On Apr 19, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Help who out?
You barely understand the concept of the beginning of the universe.

Big Bang is not the absolute beginning of the universe, Big Bang only explains that the universe started expanding from a singularity, Big Bang doesn’t account for the beginning of that singularity and how it got there. Read about Big Crunch you will understand that your argument is faulty. No one knows the absolute scientific beginning yet.
I didnt mention the big bang theory did I?

Please answer this question since the number three point is a fallacy

Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by FatherOfJesus: 9:44am On Apr 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

I didnt mention the big bang theory did I?

Please answer this question since the number three point is a fallacy

The question doesn’t make sense if you don’t understand Big Crunch and the nature Big Bang, you are not getting it.

Big Crunch is actually a form of infinite regress at least for the most we know, yes infinite regress is possible.
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by shadeyinka(m): 9:47am On Apr 19, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
The question doesn’t make sense if you don’t understand Big Crunch and the nature Big Bang, you are not getting it.

Big Crunch is actually a form of infinite regress at least for the most we know, yes infinite regress is possible.
I've heard a new thing today: please can you present your "hopefully scientific" evidence/proof that infinite regress of cause and effect is possible in time-space?
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by FatherOfJesus: 9:58am On Apr 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

I've heard a new thing today: please can you present your "hopefully scientific" evidence/proof that infinite regress of cause and effect is possible in time-space?
Why should I provide any evidence to you when you have not provided any evidence for your claim?

Go and read about Big Crunch and see how infinite regress is possible.
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by FatherOfJesus: 10:00am On Apr 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

this is Big Crunch, telling about infinite regress.

Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by shadeyinka(m): 11:27am On Apr 19, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
this is Big Crunch, telling about infinite regress.
FatherOfJesus:
Why should I provide any evidence to you when you have not provided any evidence for your claim?

Go and read about Big Crunch and see how infinite regress is possible.

You've not said anything other than refering me to the Big Crunch THEORY!

It's just like you asking me a spiritual question and I tell you that the answer is in the Bible.

The evidence could be an equation, an experimental observations etc.

I don't boast of a physical evidence of God because God is too big to be brought into the laboratory table. I have given you logical statements and not Spiritual statements

ALL Logical statements are either true or false. To remind you:

3. Infinite regression of Cause and Event is impossible in time space

On item 3, you disagree: you even called it a special pleading fallacy.

Now all it takes is for you to deflate the logic with the implication.
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by FatherOfJesus: 9:50pm On Apr 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

You've not said anything other than refering me to the Big Crunch THEORY!

It's just like you asking me a spiritual question and I tell you that the answer is in the Bible.

The evidence could be an equation, an experimental observations etc.

I don't boast of a physical evidence of God because God is too big to be brought into the laboratory table. I have given you logical statements and not Spiritual statements

ALL Logical statements are either true or false. To remind you:

3. Infinite regression of Cause and Event is impossible in time space

On item 3, you disagree: you even called it a special pleading fallacy.

Now all it takes is for you to deflate the logic with the implication.
Infinite regress is possible in the Big Crunch/bounce theory.

There’s no evidence that infinite regress is not possible. Even if there is, no evidence that the regress has to stop at the point of your god
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by shadeyinka(m): 9:54pm On Apr 19, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Infinite regress is possible in the Big Crunch/bounce theory.

There’s no evidence that infinite regress is not possible. Even if there is, no evidence that the regress has to stop at the point of your god
Unfortunately for you: it just a THEORY.

I guess you know that theory is different from fact.

That's why, a theory cannot be Evidence of anything!
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by FatherOfJesus: 9:58pm On Apr 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

”it’s just theory” is an unscientific statement, only those who don’t understand the definition of what “scientific theories” make such statement.

Any theory in science is not just a theory, it is the explanation of nature backed by some evidence. Though they are fallible and can be replaced only by a “better theory”.

There’s no evidence that infinite regress is not possible in space, you have to disprove Big bounce theory to establish that.

Whether or not infinite regress is possible is not an evidence for your god.
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by FatherOfJesus: 10:00pm On Apr 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

dont go to any science class and say theories cannot be evidence for anything.

You will be ridiculed. Before anything becomes a theory in science, it must have at least one observable evidence.
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by shadeyinka(m): 10:03pm On Apr 19, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
”it’s just theory” is an unscientific statement, only those who don’t understand the definition of what “scientific theories” make such statement.

Any theory in science is not just a theory, it is the explanation of nature backed by some evidence. Though they are fallible and can be replaced only by a “better theory”.

There’s no evidence that infinite regress is not possible in space, you have to disprove Big bounce theory to establish that.

Whether or not infinite regress is possible is not an evidence for your god.
You speak like you understand any science. Is any THEORY a fact!?

A theory is an educated guess or perceived explanation of an observable!
How can it then be a presentable evidence?
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by FatherOfJesus: 10:07pm On Apr 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

First go learn what a scientific theory is, you have google there and internet access.

Every scientific theory has at least one testable evidence. Hypotheses should be what you are talking about.

Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by FatherOfJesus: 10:10pm On Apr 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by shadeyinka(m): 10:11pm On Apr 19, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
dont go to any science class and say theories cannot be evidence for anything.

You will be ridiculed. Before anything becomes a theory in science, it must have at least one observable evidence.
How true or correct is Dalton's Atomic theory?
How true or correct is JJ Thompson's atomic theory?

Can they be used as evidence for an atom?
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by FatherOfJesus: 10:15pm On Apr 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

How true or correct is Dalton's Atomic theory?
How true or correct is JJ Thompson's atomic theory?

It has evidence in it in that it first explained the presence of electrons and protons in an atom. However didn’t accurately get their arrangement hence has been replaced by a better theory.
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by shadeyinka(m): 10:16pm On Apr 19, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
First go learn what a scientific theory is, you have google there and internet access.

Every scientific theory has at least one testable evidence. Hypotheses should be what you are talking about.
When you won't try to understand the difference between a theory and a hypothesis

In scientific reasoning, a hypothesis is an assumption made before any research has been completed for the sake of testing. A theory on the other hand is a principle set to explain phenomena already supported by data.
Re: How Does One Become An Atheist? by shadeyinka(m): 10:18pm On Apr 19, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
It has evidence in it in that it first explained the presence of electrons and protons in an atom. However didn’t accurately get their arrangement hence has been replaced by a better theory.

Aren't they both scientific theories?

Answer the questions!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mental Illness Among Jehovah’s Witnesses. / Praying To God / The Fast Approaching End Time[middle East Crisis: Were Does It Lead To]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.