Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,930 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic (810 Views)

We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Northern Yoruba Community / Anthony Sani Attacks Nnamdi Kanu Over Creation Of Eastern Security Network / Arewa Consultative Forum Attacks Kanu Over Creation Of Eastern Security Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by Successionist(m): 2:37pm On Apr 18, 2021
Two Yoruba groups on Saturday clashed over the demand for the creation of Oduduwa Republic from the present Nigerian state.

While some leaders under the banner of the Ilana Omoodua Youth Initiatives, led by a Yoruba leader, Professor Banji Akintoye, insisted on having Oduduwa Republic for the Yoruba nation, another group under the auspice of Yoruba Welfare Group (YWG), disagreed with the position.

The secretary of the Ilana Omooduwa Youth Initiatives, Dr. Akin Adejumo, who represented Professor Banji Akintoye at a Yoruba mega rally held at Mapo, Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, yesterday, insisted that the breakup of Nigeria was imminent.

Adejumo said the nation was not working and there was a need for Nigerians to go back to the drawing board and make a profitable decision for their people.

But the National President of Yoruba Welfare group (YWG), Comrade Abdulhakeem Adegoke Alawuje, on Saturday insisted that those clamouring for Oodua Republic cannot decide for the Yoruba people.

Speaking with Daily Post in Lagos, the group blasted the secession advocates, accusing them of attempting to destroy the peace, love and harmony of Yoruba land.

Alawuje warned them to desist from such advocacy, saying, “We are issuing a last warning to those behind the political agitation to stop all this rubbish in our land. Yoruba land cannot be a testing ground for any form of criminal act.

“YWG is calling all traditional rulers in Yoruba land to call these people to order, because it will not favour all of us to start mobilising against ourselves in the same region.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/04/18/yoruba-groups-clash-over-creation-oduduwa-republic

Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by Samfloxin(m): 2:44pm On Apr 18, 2021
Disunity will surely come but firmness of purpose matters most. You cannot defeat a determined people.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by doggedfighter(f): 2:45pm On Apr 18, 2021
D
Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by Terorislam: 2:52pm On Apr 18, 2021
No wonder the yorubas are against the restoration of Biafra, becos the can not leave in peace among themselves,
Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by nairalandankrah: 2:55pm On Apr 18, 2021
It must be a Yoruba Moslem!! And I wasn't disappointed. grin
Comrade Abdulhakeem Adegoke..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by Yoruba1stson: 2:57pm On Apr 18, 2021
Ywg is a group of bastards that have been bribed by the most bastard and traitor tinubu to speak bad about those fighting for yoruba liberation from fulani terrorists in this fvcking hell hole, yoruba people are ready to leave this country and nothing can stop us.
God bless yoruba nation
God bless Baba Banji Akintoye and other yoruba freedom fighters

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by theTranslator: 2:59pm On Apr 18, 2021
nairalandankrah:
It must be a Yoruba Moslem!! And I wasn't disappointed. grin
Comrade Abdulhakeem Adegoke..
stop this rubbish
it makes you look really dumb
Muslim or not it doesn't matter
I'm a Christian and don't really support the seccesionist groups now
it's restructuring that's reasonable not seccession

I know christains,even pastors that bear Muslim names

seccession opens more problems than solves
restructuring solves more problems
a real federalism is what we want
seccession can come later
we are not IPOB
we think by ourselves not by a absconder in England

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by ifytrik(m): 3:01pm On Apr 18, 2021
gringrin
Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by TimmyA: 3:04pm On Apr 18, 2021
It is only Yoruba bastards that will prefer being a slave to a fulani hegemony to development, peace and freedom in his region

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by OBALOLA55(m): 3:04pm On Apr 18, 2021
IGBOS AND DISUNITY ARE LIKE BREAD AND BUTTER cool
Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by theTranslator: 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2021
TimmyA:
It is only Yoruba bastards that will prefer being a slave to a fulani hegemony to development, peace and freedom in his region
And you think secession will bring that??
snap out of your self deciet
Restructuring is far more reasonable now

Seccession is inevitable but restructuring first

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by November1857(m): 3:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
The fulani maruader are like the devil, they came to steal , kill and destroy .
Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by nairalandankrah: 3:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
theTranslator:

stop this rubbish
it makes you look really dumb
Muslim or not it doesn't matter
I'm a Christian and don't really support the seccesionist groups now
it's restructuring that's reasonable not seccession

I know christains,even pastors that bear Muslim names

seccession opens more problems than solves
restructuring solves more problems
a real federalism is what we want
seccession can come later
we are not IPOB
we think by ourselves not by a absconder in England
You're more of an Islamic Christian though cos you're always sympathetic to your Moslem brothers as shown from your writeups
Hence your obsession about IPOB grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by habsydiamond(m): 3:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
The division of this country can not be allowed simply because the yoruba and the igbos are not united within... It's until the yorubas are united as one, likewise igbo that the division can be accomplished
Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by nairalandankrah: 3:14pm On Apr 18, 2021
habsydiamond:
The division of this country can not be allowed simply because the yoruba and the igbos are not united within... It's until the yorubas are until as one, likewise igbo that the division can be accomplished
grin one Nigeria grin
Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by theTranslator: 3:15pm On Apr 18, 2021
nairalandankrah:
You're more of an Islamic Christian The time for restructuring is gone
see what I said?
you guys don't think
give me 3 reasons why sessecion is better than restructuring now
and this is not about Islam it is about the Fulani dominance in politics Fulani kills Muslim and christains with equal relish

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 18, 2021
grin

Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by Akiara: 3:18pm On Apr 18, 2021
THEY CLAIM TO BE UNITED.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by nairalandankrah: 3:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
theTranslator:

see what I said?

you guys don't think

give me 3 reasons why sessecion is better than restructuring now

and this is not about Islam it is about the Fulani dominance in politics
Fulani kills Muslim and christains with equal relish
My dear, dont even go down that route cos you'll be utterly decimated..
how many threads have you even opened here to push the restructuring agenda??
Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 18, 2021
TimmyA:

Be fooling yourself. You want to plunge the region into abject poverty and God will not allow you, flat.headed mor0n. The IGR of the SW was over 500 billion in 2020. SW is one of the biggest beneficiary of Nigeria. Have sense.
Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by theTranslator: 3:22pm On Apr 18, 2021
nairalandankrah:
You're more of an Islamic Christian though And why are you so obsessed about IPOB?
I am not obsessed
if you think as an adult you are you'd know that IPOB is bringing ruin to Nigeria especially to the East
watch nnamdi talk listen carefully jot down the man is unfit to lead
and that is the man that makes decisions for IPOB!
God help his followers
the amount of brainwashing is fatal
see the posts of ezenri nigeriabiafra82 nigeriabiafra80 fahdiga
God help us all.
Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by theTranslator: 3:25pm On Apr 18, 2021
nairalandankrah:

My dear, dont even go down that route cos you'll be utterly decimated..
how many threads have you even opened here to push the restructuring agenda??
answer my question

I am not IPOB

Nigeria is not an online republic

Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by theTranslator: 3:27pm On Apr 18, 2021
Akiara:
THEY CLAIM TO BE UNITED.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
where when and how did they do so?

typical IPOB

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by EzeNri(m): 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
theTranslator:
I am not obsessed
if you think as an adult you are you'd know that IPOB is bringing ruin to Nigeria especially to the East
watch nnamdi talk listen carefully jot down the man is unfit to lead
God help his followers
God help us all.
Why mentioning me dude?
I am not IPOB member, I just support ESN.
Be guided
Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by nairalandankrah: 4:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
theTranslator:

I am not obsessed

if you think as an adult you are
you'd know that IPOB is bringing ruin to Nigeria
especially to the East

watch nnamdi talk
listen carefully
jot down
the man is unfit to lead

God help his followers

God help us all.
God help you my brother grin
Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by EzeNri(m): 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
But the National President of Yoruba Welfare group (YWG), Comrade Abdulhakeem Adegoke Alawuje, on Saturday insisted that those clamouring for Oodua Republic cannot decide for the Yoruba people.
Yoruba Moslems
Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by theTranslator: 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
nairalandankrah:
God help you my brother grin
God help us all embarassed
Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by Factshunter: 5:40pm On Apr 18, 2021
Fake News everywhere!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by orisa37: 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2021
YORUBA NATION IS ALREADY QUALIFIED FOR A SEAT AT THE U.N. IT'S A MATTER OF SMALL TIME BEFORE YORUBA NATION BECOMES INDEPENDENT.

I SUGGEST THAT ALAWUJE SEEKS AUDIENCE WITH AKINTOYE, THE DIFFERENT STATE TRADITIONAL RULERS COUNCILS AND THE SIX STATE GOVERNORS TO KNOW THE WAY FORWARD.
Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by IgweOfNnewi: 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
The same way IPOB is

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by IgweOfNnewi: 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2021

Re: Yoruba Groups Clash Over Creation Of Oduduwa Republic by Stone03: 6:41pm On Apr 18, 2021
Terorislam:
No wonder the yorubas are against the restoration of Biafra, becos the can not leave in peace among themselves,

Betrayers will always do the same to themselves

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Made Buhari President, He Rode To Power On My Back-omoyele Sowore / SA To Ayade Writes In Vernacular Informing The Pdp Ward Of His Resignation-photo / Nairalanders Is This Igbo Sister Right -Let us Know Your View ( 5 minute video )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.